PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming out of the East? (Poll)

eliteballer
02-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Bucks and Raptors are neck and neck for me right now. There's too many unknown variables(new players, new coaches) to really predict how they would matchup in a playoff series, especially with homecourt yet to be decided.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2019, 07:50 PM
Boston. They have a proven elite caliber closer.

SouBeachTalents
02-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Absolutely up for grabs, for right now I'd rank their odds

Boston
Philly
Toronto
Milwaukee

NBAGOAT
02-09-2019, 07:54 PM
i'm going out on a limb with mil. I'm predicting middleton to play well as a closer like he did last year even though it's a 50/50 thing. Bos doesnt have enough help around kyrie imo, dont know how big of an upgrade gasol is and lowry's had a down shooting year, and i think phi may have portability issues.

It also helps that they were the best before the trade deadline and made a great move in mirotic

eliteballer
02-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Boston. They have a proven elite caliber closer.

It's not just about one guy though, and Tatum/Hayward haven't lived up to expectations.

qrich
02-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Going Philly here. The Tobias addition is going to pay off well, and they also bolster their bench with Mike Scott along with Boban, if utilized properly. A closing unit of Simmons-JJ-Butler-Harris-Embiid has defensive versatility, two damn good shooters, and four guys you can give the ball to and ask them to create.

Manny98
02-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Nets

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2019, 08:00 PM
It's not just about one guy though, and Tatum/Hayward haven't lived up to expectations.
Agreed but they’ll be good come playoff time.

I trust them more than all the other unproven squads in the East. Milwaukee, Toronto, and even Philly all have bigger question marks.

Lowry is a horrendous pressure playoff performer.

Giannis is unproven playoff wise and his cast is suspect.

Philly had the most potential but Mr. 1 point playoff game is unproven on the biggest stages as well.

I like Boston’s chances the most. They’re fairly deep. They have quality bench players. Have the best coach in basketball. And this year they have an actual go to guy in the pressure moments.

JohnnySic
02-09-2019, 08:41 PM
This is starting to feel like 2010. Everyone wrote off the Celtics and then they curbed-stomped the east.

4pointshot
02-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Anything can happen in a short series, but the Bucks are on a historic pace. Only eleven teams in NBA history have averaged double digit point differential for a season. The Bucks are currently at 10.2, just a tick better than the Warriors in 2014-15, when they won their first NBA championship on their run.

No one else in the NBA this year, including the Warriors, is even close to that.

Celtics 1825
02-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Once Boston activates playoff mode it's game over :pimp:

CelticBaller
02-09-2019, 09:35 PM
The green boys

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2019, 09:36 PM
This is starting to feel like 2010. Everyone wrote off the Celtics and then they curbed-stomped the east.

yea, everything looks completely the same :facepalm

Real14
02-09-2019, 09:50 PM
Nets
Mods?

FKAri
02-09-2019, 10:02 PM
Really tough to call it tbh. Most exciting the East has been since Celtics/Pistons were the top 2 teams there.

Real14
02-09-2019, 10:18 PM
Really tough to call it tbh. Most exciting the East has been since Celtics/Pistons were the top 2 teams there.
:facepalm

Akeem34TheDream
02-10-2019, 04:57 AM
I think roster quality level of these 4 are very similar and coaching will be the difference. And i think either Bucks or Celtics will make it. And i hope Pacers won't make top 4 so we can watch perfect semifinals.

Doranku
02-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Vegas odds as of now to win the east:

Raptors 2/1
Celtics 5/2
Bucks 13/5
76ers 4/1

Not that these numbers really mean anything, given that the Lakers (20/1) have better odds than the Nuggets (25/1) to win the West. :lol

I'll go with the Raptors. Too much discord amongst the Celtics team, Giannis will drop off significantly in the playoffs imo... I honestly think Philly might have the second best chance. They've got an incredibly formidable team for the playoffs.

ImKobe
02-10-2019, 09:32 AM
I'll give the edge to Milwaukee because Giannis is by far the best player in the Conference this year & they gave a tougher fight to Boston last year with a team that didn't really play any defense. Give me the best defense with a top 5 offense and the best player.

Boston would be the 2nd pick, but obviously we don't know if Irving's going to be healthy for the Playoffs and if their chemistry is all there. I still think they have the best roster and the best coach with the best closer, but they've looked worse this year overall compared to the rest of the Conference.

Raptors and Sixers could both be better, but I'm not buying it before I've seen enough of them with the new guys.

Wally450
02-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Very curious as to why people think the 6ers are going to win the East. :lol