PDA

View Full Version : The Kobe Video, where he disses management

LakerRaider
06-18-2007, 07:10 PM
June 28: It's now public: http://www.insidehoops.com/the-kobe-video.shtml

June 18: Discuss the Kobe video, which hasn't been shown yet, but it's just 25 seconds long and he curses about lakers management for over-valuing Andrew Bynum and not trading him to get Jason Kidd, and other stuff

johndeeregreen
06-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Is there a reason that you couldn't put these threads into one, other than the fact that you wanted to type three different titles out for your own jollies?

DTD
06-18-2007, 07:31 PM
The video is nothing. It's just Kobe saying he was disappointed that the team didn't get Jason Kidd for Bynum. He did not trash Bynum at all, just simply stated they should have sent him out because "This is Jason Kidd were talking about." It was hoop talk, not trash talk.

But people want to make a quick buck because Kobe hate is popular in some circles.

SsKSpurs21
06-19-2007, 04:56 PM
The guy, sean, said that him and his friends ran into kobe two different times. the first time they were talking to kobe for 15 minutes and all of sudden one kid busts out a camera and starts recording.

he said on the video, kobe looks directly into the camera on different occasions so he knew the camera was on.

he also said the reports that they went to the lakers and asked for money to keep quiet is false. their initial purpose all along was to give the video to the public and let everyone see it.

he said the first time they saw him, they asked him about the lakers and he went off for 15 minutes, about bynum, other laker players, mitch kupchak, and buss. (the question here, is why would kobe talk to a bunch of kids about what he is going to do, let alone say it to a camera)

the second time they ran into him, kobe didnt remember the guys from before so they asked him again if he was going to stay with the lakers, and kobe told the guy, and i quote, "buy a bulls jersey fella, ill be in chi-town."

now the question is why would kobe talk to a bunch of kids? especially when they have a camera in his face?

the hosts questioned this guys story because it had alot of holes in it. they were also questioning the authenticity of the video.

SsKSpurs21
06-19-2007, 05:10 PM
LOL, now another guy came out and said kobe did NOT know he was being videotaped? these kids needs to get on the same page.

dudeguykid
06-19-2007, 05:45 PM
the PTI guys said Kobe didnt know he was being videotape. I guess Michael Wilbon saw it already. I wanna see it hah.

Samurai Swoosh
06-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Someone said there is a brief preview clip of the Kobe cell phone interview on youtube ... can anyone link me to where it is ...

mhg88
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Someone said there is a brief preview clip of the Kobe cell phone interview on youtube ... can anyone link me to where it is ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kt9DBMMwCM

Samurai Swoosh
06-19-2007, 07:52 PM
THANKS BRO ... LIFE saver

"AND A F'ED UP POSITION"
~ Kobe Bryant

haha, love hearing dude cuss people out. Usually he's so diplomatic.

Noob Saibot
06-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Kobe needs to chill before he falls off a cliff. it's not the end of your career Kobe.

Jailblazers7
06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Kobe is being such a drama queen. I wish he would keep this stuff inside the organization instead of going on the radio and whining. I really had no problem with Kobe before all this offseason stuff but right now he is make it awfully tough for me to like him.

MTing
06-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow they want you to pay for the whole video.

titeslicksta
06-20-2007, 09:07 AM
ESPN said its surfaced but youtube.com and other video websites do not have it. Does anyone know where to watch it?

Lo1a
06-20-2007, 11:01 AM
"Andrew Bynum? What the f---?" Bryant says in disgust. "Are you kidding me? Andrew Bynum? F---ing ship his ass out. Are you kidding me? We're talking about Jason Kidd. But they didn't even want to do that. Now we're here in this f---ed up position."

The tandem then asked Bryant what he thought about Bynum's potential. Bryant smiled and started to shake his head as if he was about to go on another tirade.

"You know what man? Let me tell you something. Mitch Kupchak had the nerve to ask me..."

At this point the 24-second video clip ends abruptly and we are left to wonder what Bryant says next. "The Kobe Video Guys" say that Bryant went on to say, "How good do you think Andrew Bynum is going to be in 10 years? Are you f---ing kidding me? I'm trying to win this s--- now."

First of all these guys are going to make NO money from this tape, they should have just sold it when they had the chance, because its all leaked now.

And the bolded part is the real reason KB wants to be traded. Lakers are on a long term plan and he's on a win now plan. He doesn't trust that they are going to change course and he feels his window closing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/arash_markazi/06/19/kobe/index.html

Lebron23
06-20-2007, 11:14 AM
First of all these guys are going to make NO money from this tape, they should have just sold it when they had the chance, because its all leaked now.

And the bolded part is the real reason KB wants to be traded. Lakers are on a long term plan and he's on a win now plan. He doesn't trust that they are going to change course and he feels his window closing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/arash_markazi/06/19/kobe/index.html

Kobe has some issues in his attitude Andrew Bynum is only 19 yrs.old and Kobe must not blame him because the reason that LA LAKERS are a curtain jerker from the West is because he is a ball hogged to share the ball to his teammates.

I never heard Rasheed Wallace and Scottie Pippen trying to kick Jermaine O'Neal out of the Portland Trailblazers during the late 1990's. Even Scottie Pippen commented he is the best player on their lineup and O'Neal proven them right as he became an all star in Indiana.

wang4three
06-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Kobe has some issues in his attitude Andrew Bynum is only 19 yrs.old and Kobe must not blame him because the reason that LA LAKERS are a curtain jerker from the West is because he is a ball hogged to share the ball to his teammates.

I never heard Rasheed Wallace and Scottie Pippen trying to kick Jermaine O'Neal out of the Portland Trailblazers during the late 1990's. Even Scottie Pippen commented he is the best player on their lineup and O'Neal proven them right as he became an all star in Indiana.

O'Neal was traded in favor of winning now. Seeing how they have Randolph, Aldridge, and probably Oden soon, I doubt they regret trading him.

Lebron23
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM
O'Neal was traded in favor of winning now. Seeing how they have Randolph, Aldridge, and probably Oden soon, I doubt they regret trading him.

But imagine if O'Neal remain with the Portland Trailblazers he could have help this team in their battle against the LA LAKERS in the early 2000 and a Randolph and O'Neal tandem would be sick. But luck is still on the side of the Blazers they have 3 good picks in the 2006 NBA Draft and now they are getting the best bigmen prospect since Tim Duncan.

I think Andrew Bynum will be a special player in the near future but i do not see him wear the LA LAKERS uniform.

bigboi_baller
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
But imagine if O'Neal remain with the Portland Trailblazers he could have help this team in their battle against the LA LAKERS in the early 2000 and a Randolph and O'Neal tandem would be sick. But luck is still on the side of the Blazers they have 3 good picks in the 2006 NBA Draft and now they are getting the best bigmen prospect since Tim Duncan.
No, he wouldn't have gotten to the level he is at today because he would have to compete for minutes with the crapload of vets already on Portland's roster.

wang4three
06-20-2007, 12:04 PM

I think Andrew Bynum will be a special player in the near future but i do not see him wear the LA LAKERS uniform.

Any more prophetic images you want to impart on us?

Having O'Neal with the Trailblazers does not guarantee they would've been in a position to draft Zach Randolph in 2001. They might have gotten a lower pick or a higher pick which changes their options significantly. Besides, O'Neal is now an injury player and I think they like the prospect of being in the position of having Aldridge and Oden than O'Neal and Randolph a lot better. I know I would.

And Andrew "Fruit Loops" Bynum doesn't seem all that special to me. He might be a good player in the future, I wouldn't doubt it, but having the prospect of Jason Kidd, who had the best statistical career last season? Yeah I'll take Jason Kidd averaging nearly a triple double, and still has two/three great seasons left in him than a guy who hasn't proved anything. To think that Laker management thinks this 19 year old isn't worth one of the best players of all time is ridiculous. Even worse was when Laker fans were *****ing about how Rod Thorn screwed the Lakers when all he did was HIS JOB.

SoCalMike
06-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Regarding Bynum...

Kobe's position appears to be that he wants to win now, and not trading Bynum for someone who could make a difference now is what he is upset about (at the Lakers front office, NOT Bynum).

I have noticed people saying that Kobe is dissing Bynum, but I don't think thats the case at all.

Now, am I excusing Kobe's behavior lately? No.. not at all...

:pimp:

haterofhaters
06-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Regarding Bynum...

Kobe's position appears to be that he wants to win now, and not trading Bynum for someone who could make a difference now is what he is upset about (at the Lakers front office, NOT Bynum).

I have noticed people saying that Kobe is dissing Bynum, but I don't think thats the case at all.

Regardless, it's like a slap in the face to his teammate. However, I can see why the guy would be so frustrated. The organization is basically just using him for marketing purposes knowing that they have not put together a team that is capable of winning now, when Kobe is in his physical prime.

dudeguykid
06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Dear viewers,
You've heard about it. Now it is time for you to see the Kobe Video with your own eyes. This infamous video shows Kobe Bryant in the parking lot of a shopping center near his home in Newport Beach, California speaking very candidly about Andrew Bynum and the direction of the Los Angeles Lakers' organization.

A private party has offered us $100,000 for the rights to this video. Unfortunately, this individual does not want this video to go public. We believe the public not only has a right to see this video but also has a desire to see this video. So we have decided make the video available to the public for ONLY $1.99. We believe that at this exceptionally low price everyone who wants to see the video will be able to see the video.

Once we reach the designated threshold for orders (50,000 orders to recoup the $100,000 private party offer) each purchaser will receive his or her very own copy of the Kobe Bryant Video. Unfortunately, living in a YouTube world prevents us from sending out the video to our customers prior to meeting the order threshold. If the threshold is not met, all orders will be immediately refunded and we will sell the video to the private party. It is up to the public to decide whether or not they want to see what Kobe Bryant really thinks about Andrew Bynum and the position the Lakers organization is in.

Many people have claimed that there is no video and that this is all a hoax. The teaser clip is to show you that this video is for real and of exceptional quality. We are currently working to setup a secure online shopping cart and once this is completed the video will be available for purchase. We anticipate the shopping cart will be ready by the end of this week. Last but not least, we would like to thank all of you for being patient with us throughout this entire process.

Sincerely,

thekobevideo.com team

These guys are idiots. I hope it leaks and they end up losing money somehow.

Nygher
06-21-2007, 03:56 AM
I Don't Know How The Lakers Can Keep Kobe After He's Pretty Much Hated On The Entire Roster For A Couple Months Now

The Locker Room Is Going To Be So ****ty If He Returns

About Jermaine O'Neal

Beleive It Or Not But People In Portland Have Been Pissed About That Since He Became A Star Even Though Zach Randolph Is Less Injured And Better

Oh Well...Randolph And Oden With Aldridge On The Bench Is Unbeatable...Specially With B. Roy And Rashard Lewis Wanting To Play For McMillian

RoseCity07
06-21-2007, 07:02 AM
I Don't Know How The Lakers Can Keep Kobe After He's Pretty Much Hated On The Entire Roster For A Couple Months Now

The Locker Room Is Going To Be So ****ty If He Returns

About Jermaine O'Neal

Beleive It Or Not But People In Portland Have Been Pissed About That Since He Became A Star Even Though Zach Randolph Is Less Injured And Better

Oh Well...Randolph And Oden With Aldridge On The Bench Is Unbeatable...Specially With B. Roy And Rashard Lewis Wanting To Play For McMillian

When O'neal came back to Portland after the Olympic games he was at a mall here (Lloyd Center) and I asked him if he would ever come back. He said he didn't like the coaches and GM, and that he would love to play here but he had a good think in Indiana. So basically the coaches were hating on him and our crappy GM at the time dumped him.

I still think O'neal was a bust while he was here. I just think the Blazers get a lot of talent that not all the players can flourish. Some people may not realize game 7 against laker in the WCF he was gaurding Shaq when Sabonis and Grant were getting all this cheap foul called on them.

Jailblazers7
06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Kobe is not going to get traded into a better situation. Other superstars of his caliber are either untouchable(Wade, Lebron, Duncan, etc.) or in an equally bad situation(KG). If he were to get traded to a team like the Bulls it would take so many good young pieces for the deal to work that it would end up being a similary scene just in a different city.

Skyscraper
06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Regarding Bynum...

Kobe may not have been actively rip Bynum, but the subtext was all there. Kobe does not think that "potential" means much and that Bynum is a slow learner right now

dudeguykid
06-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Kobe may not have been actively rip Bynum, but the subtext was all there. Kobe does not think that "potential" means much and that Bynum is a slow learner right now

I dont see the potential in this kid to be more than a 14/8/1/2 guy. Which is decent I guess but not really too special.

hwliuLAP
06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
....... so who exactly has seen the video
this video better be true and that it exist, or all those analyst should just lose their job

shadow
06-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Is there anyone denser than Kobe Bryant when it comes to not knowing when to keep his trap shut? So far he's trashed his team mates to strangers knowing they had a cam phone, killed his team's chances of making a fair trade, alienated himself from about half the Laker fanbase, and let's not even forget the snitch incident. Dude's a walking PR disaster.

Hoonyo
06-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I want to see the Kobe video. Someone has to have it since it's been 'leaked' right?

Make It Rain
06-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Who said it was leaked? ESPN says it has surfaced. And it has. Because obviously we wouldn't know about it if it hadn't. But I haven't read anywhere that it has been leaked.

Hoonyo
06-23-2007, 03:53 PM
I read in this thread it was leaked.

dudeguykid
06-23-2007, 10:55 PM
i cant believe theyve sold 5000 copies so far. thats more than i though. Wonder why whoever already has it hasnt leaked it all over youtube.

gb8
06-24-2007, 11:18 AM
i cant believe theyve sold 5000 copies so far. thats more than i though. Wonder why whoever already has it hasnt leaked it all over youtube.

because they wont recieve the video till the total has been reached

Samurai Swoosh
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm not supporting those L.A. douche bags. However, I do want to see the clip. Anyone know where I can find the full leaked version?

dudeguykid
06-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm not supporting those L.A. douche bags. However, I do want to see the clip. Anyone know where I can find the full leaked version?

im sure as soon as someone gets a hold of it, they will put it on youtube.

DTD
06-24-2007, 06:01 PM

They haven't. They are the ones that put that lame counter on their site, of course it's BS. They are trying to save face and can say what they want. I wouldn't be surprised if that number jumps up very quickly around draft day by them of course. They probably have not sold more than a couple hundred (if that much).

picc84
06-24-2007, 07:00 PM
I cant believe these losers passed up 100,000 dollars so they could "expose" Kobe with things he was saying in May. :oldlol:

thenextgreatbigman
06-24-2007, 07:27 PM
who cares? why do people make this such a big deal? it's not even a sex tape

Make It Rain
06-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I cant believe these losers passed up 100,000 dollars so they could "expose" Kobe with things he was saying in May. :oldlol:
I'm pretty sure a lot of people will buy it. THAT many people hate Kobe. Outside of L.A. Kobe probably has a handful of fans. They're trying to make money off Kobe's image. America loves to hate.

picc84
06-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure a lot of people will buy it. THAT many people hate Kobe. Outside of L.A. Kobe probably has a handful of fans. They're trying to make money off Kobe's image. America loves to hate.

Yeah, but a 100k? There's no way they make anywhere NEAR that much money selling it. You've got to be a complete douche to pass that up.

Fatal9
06-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Outside of L.A. Kobe probably has a handful of fans.
One of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. Have you watched any of the Laker road games? Outside of places like Phoenix, no one gets more support (and hate) on the road as Kobe. He has hundreds of fans in every game on the road wearing his jersey. There is a reason his jersey is the #1 seller, and its not because only LA is buying it.

chopchop20
06-25-2007, 02:16 AM
One of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. Have you watched any of the Laker road games? Outside of places like Phoenix, no one gets more support (and hate) on the road as Kobe. He has hundreds of fans in every game on the road wearing his jersey. There is a reason his jersey is the #1 seller, and its not because only LA is buying it.

True... Kobe is as equally loved as he is hated. No doubt, he's the most intriguing figure in sports. Even ****** will watch his just for the opportunity to see him fail. And yeah, his jersey sales are #1 for a reason. Besides, look at how ESPN has been hyping this story for about a month. He captures the public's attention and even overhsadowed the NBA champs.

FPower
06-25-2007, 01:22 PM
These idiots with the video are kind of funny. They managed to get a hold of something slightly valuable, and are desperately trying to cash in on it. Their plan is awful though. They're charging people $2.00 to see it...but you don't actually get to see it when you buy it. You have to wait because they're worried it will get put up for free on youtube once they start releasing it.

So they basically tell you, "The second we release this thing it'll be up on youtube. So you might as well wait for it and watch it for free; or you can pay us $2.00 and see it 30 seconds before it gets put up on the web."

The only people who would pay for that video are the Lakers, Kobe, or the media. The knuckleheads had the right idea in the first place, and should have just taken whatever $$$ they could get from the highest bidder. If that was only a couple hundred bucks, that's its market value.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
They should have trade Bynum for Kidd. Bynum is going to be nothing more then average. Kidd and Kobe back court would be amazing.

El Kabong
06-26-2007, 03:23 AM
Why would anyone buy it. Everyone knows what he said, what's the point?

bigboi_baller
06-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Latest news from the Kobe guys:

[QUOTE]some of you guys hated on us, but now look at what the Kobe Video guys have done? They have forced Lakers to SHIP OUT BYNUM and maybe bring in KEVIN GARNETT NOW!!!!

this is why our site said:

"We truly hope that releasing this video gets Kobe Bryant exactly what he wants, whether that is getting himself traded, finding a replacement for Mitch Kupchak or forcing the Lakers

picc84
06-26-2007, 05:22 PM
"Oh thank you Kobe guys! You've made all our wildest dreams come true!"

What a huge douche.

Samurai Swoosh
06-26-2007, 10:35 PM
"Oh thank you Kobe guys! You've made all our wildest dreams come true!"

What a huge douche.
So true. Those kids are clowns.

DTD
06-28-2007, 01:59 PM
They made no cash so now they are giving it away for free on their site, on draft day just like I thought they would. LMAO

They also try and blur their images on the video, yet their photo was emailed by one of their buddies to someone who posted it. Even in the blurred video you can tell it's the same cats. ****ing Losers.

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/17044/2005156331452470771_rs.jpg

The video is pretty lame too, it's not even that bad. watch the video, look at the blurred dudes and then look at the picture above...same dudes, same place, guys are wearing the same clothes and hat even. the guys lower body at the begining is not blurred and you can see the same blue shorts and shirt.
http://www.thekobevideo.com/

TMacsOneGoodEye
06-28-2007, 02:10 PM
That's it?

This is the video that everyone was up in arms about?

People are mad that he said "Yeah, you trade Bynum for Jason Kidd! We're talking about Jason Kidd here!"?

It's ridiculous the amount of scrutiny Kobe gets.

And the coolest thing about the video is how Kobe is just hanging out shooting the breeze with some fans.

DTD
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
That's it?

People are mad that he said "Yeah, you trade Bynum for Jason Kidd! We're talking about Jason Kidd here!"?

And the coolest thing about the video is how Kobe is just hanging out shooting the breeze with some fans.

I agree, and the thing that sucks about that it will make players think twice about chatting it up with people and fans from now on because of scums like these two morons.

Rasheed1
06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
eh... alot of hype over nothin.. Its good to see that bball players have as much of a foul mouth as regular people... they hide it on TV..

also, those dudes look pretty tall in that picture, what is Kobe 6'6?

french maid trailer was tight tho, I'll have to check that out

SoCalMike
06-28-2007, 02:32 PM
That's it?

I agree on this point.. this whole subject just needs to go away... those dudes are just lame.

bdreason
06-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Someone needs to find these two chumps and beat their assees.

Dizzle-2k7
06-30-2007, 06:31 AM
those "nerds" seem pretty big.. one is like 6'4 the other 6'6.

wild orchid
06-30-2007, 12:21 PM
MORNING BRIEFING
Bryant's opinion not worth much
By Robyn Norwood, Times Staff Writer
June 30, 2007

The Kobe Video's price has plunged.

The tape of Kobe Bryant ripping Andrew Bynum and Mitch Kupchak to a few fans has gone from being peddled unsuccessfully to major media organizations to being sold online for $1.99 to yours for free on a website that generates revenue from ads.

Now, also free as a bonus from the Kobe Video Guys, the Kobe Audio in which somebody who sure sounds like Kobe says something that sure sounds like "Dr. Buss is an idiot."

By the way, Kobe, in a world where the dudes you chat up and drop a few friendly expletives with in an Orange County parking lot have video and audio rolling … Jerry Buss is the idiot?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-briefing30jun30,1,1748767.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Duck Rodgers
07-01-2007, 10:55 AM
What did Kobe say at the end about Bynum's potential? Sounded like he tried to dodge the question but I couldn't really make it out....but yeah....that sucked ass.

Edit: nevermind, just read the 'transcript'....still doesn't sound like that...but...whatever.

SuperboyXX0018
07-03-2007, 09:10 PM
So who will go first? kobe or bynum? I'm sure Bynum hates Kobe.

insidehoops
07-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Bump, and now moving into lakers forum

mariodeathgrip
07-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Bump, and now moving into laker's forum

A!!! Good bump!!!!

A!!! Can you help bring Cool back!!! We miss the kid!!! The forum is not the same with out him!!!! :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: PLEASE!!!!!:bowdown: :(