PDA

View Full Version : OKC's great scouting

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 12:07 PM
In a three year span they scouted perfectly and obtained three future MVP's. I wonder if another team ever did this in a twenty year span.

It was over when OKC passed on Giannis with the 12th pick. I was panicking that they would get him and was relieved when they picked still another very solid pick in Steve Adams.

Had they picked Giannis, and kept the MVP corps, they could have been the greatest running team ever.

FKAri
02-11-2019, 12:13 PM
and Reggie Jackson and Serge Ibaka and ofcourse who can forget, Hasheem "the Dream" Thabeet.

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Giannis wouldn't be the player he is today if it wasn't for him going to the bucks. Him getting instant playing time and be able to run the offence, made him into the player he is today. Giannis didn't really take off till midway through his 3rd season when MCW went down and Giannis was given the point guard duties. He would have never gotten a chance like that in OKC, westbrook or kd wouldn't allow it, especially westbrook

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Giannis wouldn't be the player he is today if it was for him going to the bucks. Him getting instant playing time and be able to run the offence, made him into the player he is today. Giannis didn't really take off till midway through his 3rd season when MCW went down and Giannis was giving the point guard duties. He would have never gotten a chance like that in OKC, westbrook or kd wouldn't allow it, especially westbrook
I agree.

If they stay together I'm sure only two become MVP's. Its hard to incorporate a third. Even Steph who can compliment other players very well can't do it. But they could still be the best running team ever.

chains5000
02-11-2019, 01:00 PM
and Reggie Jackson and Serge Ibaka and ofcourse who can forget, Hasheem "the Dream" Thabeet.
IIRC he was drafted by Memphis

warriorfan
02-11-2019, 01:05 PM

Cringe

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Can anybody here identify what went wrong with Ibaka, outside of him just not wanting to block shots anymore. He was a great recruit the first 2 years.

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 01:52 PM
Can anybody here identify what went wrong with Ibaka, outside of him just not wanting to block shots anymore. He was a great recruit the first 2 years.
He's faking his age and he's actually older than his listed age. The only way to explain him falling off when he should be entering his prime. He didn't suffer an injury, he straight up just slowed down and lost his athleticism

superduper
02-11-2019, 02:29 PM

I mean Ibaka is having a career year and is playing good defense as well.

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 02:37 PM
I mean Ibaka is having a career year and is playing good defense as well.
Because he got moved to C and his D is overrated. He's still playing like an old man despite supposedly being 29 years old

imdaman99
02-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Giannis wouldn't be the player he is today if it wasn't for him going to the bucks. Him getting instant playing time and be able to run the offence, made him into the player he is today. Giannis didn't really take off till midway through his 3rd season when MCW went down and Giannis was given the point guard duties. He would have never gotten a chance like that in OKC, westbrook or kd wouldn't allow it, especially westbrook
What do you mean especially Westbrook? Dude is the MVP whisperer. KD won an MVP with him, Harden watched Westbrook from Houston to learn what he needed to do to win MVP, and now PG13 is having an MVP type season with him.

This narrative that he makes his teammates worse needs to stop.