PDA

View Full Version : Nick Wright on first things first said not making the playoffs ruins lebrons legacy

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 08:14 AM
just now

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ax1JUM9QI942Y/200.gif

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 08:21 AM
meanwhile at simons house

https://youtu.be/j3Uy9wsfkok?t=186

ImKobe
02-13-2019, 08:21 AM
The Bran fan club president has spoken.

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 08:26 AM
The Bran fan club president has spoken.

have you noticed bran stans have weird crooked jaws that point to the side

http://www.topnetworths.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Nick-Wright-Headshot-727x727.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/pKGJp60/Screen-Shot-2019-02-13-at-7-25-02-AM.png

sportjames23
02-13-2019, 08:28 AM
Damn, even Nick Wright is jumping ship.

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Damn, even Nick Wright is jumping ship.

he said the best player in the nba is obviously giannis and harden is MVP

:lol

coin24
02-13-2019, 08:39 AM
The ship is sinking:lol

Bran stans in panic mode

32jazz
02-13-2019, 09:00 AM
The ship is sinking:lol

Bran stans in panic mode

Kareem's final season in Milwaukee his Bucks team went 38-44( after Big One retired). Kareem's first season in L.A. was 40-42 & he was at his peak ( 27/28) unlike 34 year old LeBron. Back to Back losing seasons for peak Kareem.

I think people should have more important things to worry about in their lives than LeBron's " legacy" .

Ben Simmons 25
02-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Actually, he said, long term... it doesn't matter, especially if he gets a title with the Lakers.

"I don't believe athletes in any sport, barring some horrible scandal, go backwards. You should never have your legacy tarnished by playing more."

"I don't hold the Wizards years against Jordan."

He DID say, however, that if the Lakers miss the playoffs, LeBron definitively loses the best player in the world title and that Giannis is obviously playing at a higher level than anyone in the league this season and that Harden is the MVP. He said LeBron has taken the best player in the league title back during the postseason for the past few years from anyone that arguably took it in a regular season, and so therefore, if they miss the playoffs, he won't be able to maintain that title or even attempt to maintain that title.

So... yeah... OP, you're wrong.

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 09:13 AM
Actually, he said, long term... it doesn't matter, especially if he gets a title with the Lakers.

"I don't believe athletes in any sport, barring some horrible scandal, go backwards. You should never have your legacy tarnished by playing more."

"I don't hold the Wizards years against Jordan."

He DID say, however, that if the Lakers miss the playoffs, LeBron definitively loses the best player in the world title and that Giannis is obviously playing at a higher level than anyone in the league this season and that Harden is the MVP. He said LeBron has taken the best player in the league title back during the postseason for the past few years from anyone that arguably took it in a regular season, and so therefore, if they miss the playoffs, he won't be able to maintain that title or even attempt to maintain that title.

So... yeah... OP, you're wrong.

i heard different. and you do realize they go over the same topic like 5 times right?

for all i know you saw a different segment

i heard him say it does ruin prime legacy/longevity legacy/how many years you were the best player etc and he can't be the best player and miss the playoffs.

btw the funny thing about your point ( winning titles after missing the playoffs erases that )

why does nick wright and every lebron fan then bring up kobes 2005 lottery team

HE WON IN 2009 AND 2010

:roll: :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 09:24 AM
just saw the post game and lebron legit said "we don't start worrying about making the playoffs till we don't make the playoffs"

:roll:

PP34Deuce
02-13-2019, 10:03 AM
I dont see a problem with what he said. They are on the bubble and he basically said they all need to regroup. Ots clear they are looking to allstar break

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 10:09 AM
I dont see a problem with what he said. They are on the bubble and he basically said they all need to regroup. Ots clear they are looking to allstar break

you do realize that theres only like 25 games left right

Ben Simmons 25
02-13-2019, 10:41 AM
i heard different. and you do realize they go over the same topic like 5 times right?

for all i know you saw a different segment

i heard him say it does ruin prime legacy/longevity legacy/how many years you were the best player etc and he can't be the best player and miss the playoffs.

btw the funny thing about your point ( winning titles after missing the playoffs erases that )

why does nick wright and every lebron fan then bring up kobes 2005 lottery team

HE WON IN 2009 AND 2010

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You heard different because you wanted to hear different because you

Real14
02-13-2019, 10:52 AM
Oh shit!:eek:

Manny98
02-13-2019, 10:55 AM
At least he didn't miss the playoffs in his absolute prime :roll:

PP34Deuce
02-13-2019, 11:08 AM
you do realize that theres only like 25 games left right

Yea but a leader doesn't pannick in or to the media about it. It was the right answer. These guys know the stakes.

Real14
02-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Yea but a leader doesn't pannick in or to the media about it. It was the right answer. These guys know the stakes.
Just stop:oldlol:

G0ATbe
02-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Kobe was missing the playoffs in his prime though so why are kobe fans of all people so infatuated with this:biggums: . Guess greater players are held to higher standards.

bullettooth
02-13-2019, 11:17 AM
May as well aim for them STATS!

PP34Deuce
02-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Just stop:oldlol:

Let's have a player melt down and yell at the media.... Any player in this situation who is the best player doesn't and shouldn't reveal to the media that type of urgency. People write headlines and think what they want.

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 11:32 AM
At least he didn't miss the playoffs in his absolute prime :roll:

kobes legacy wasn't built on the narrative that he could take any team to the playoffs regardless of how bad or injured or coached they are

thats lebrons phoney narrative that IF debunked his legacy is utterly destroyed and his 9 leastern conference silver balls are thrown out the window

The Iron Fist
02-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Kareem's final season in Milwaukee his Bucks team went 38-44( after Big One retired). Kareem's first season in L.A. was 40-42 & he was at his peak ( 27/28) unlike 34 year old LeBron. Back to Back losing seasons for peak Kareem.

I think people should have more important things to worry about in their lives than LeBron's " legacy" .
Kareem didn

Bronbron23
02-13-2019, 12:35 PM
I need to hear it in context. I can't see nick wright saying that

Ben Simmons 25
02-13-2019, 12:38 PM

He didn't say that. I already covered it.

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 12:38 PM

he also goes on to say "yeah with the excuses that he was injured/his coach/teammates sucked/blablah sure theres context to him not making the playoffs right now. but 20 years from now all anyone will see is you missed the playoffs in your first year out west"

but CC cut him off at the bold part

it sounds to me like nick is slowly accepting reality

Bronbron23
02-13-2019, 12:51 PM
he also goes on to say "yeah with the excuses that he was injured/his coach/teammates sucked/blablah sure theres context to him not making the playoffs right now. but 20 years from now all anyone will see is you missed the playoffs in your first year out west"

but CC cut him off at the bold part

it sounds to me like nick is slowly accepting reality
Damn....I like LeBron but Nick takes it to a new level so that's surprising. I don't think years from now it will matter though. It would for the first couple of years though. Nobody really cares about mj's or magics failures in there last couple of years. I think 30 years from now the LeBron hype will die down alot and he'll be placed where he should be. Just behind magic Kobe and mj and a little in front of bird, Duncan, Shaq, Durant, Steph and guys like that

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 12:59 PM
Damn....I like LeBron but Nick takes it to a new level so that's surprising. I don't think years from now it will matter though. It would for the first couple of years though. Nobody really cares about mj's or magics failures in there last couple of years. I think 30 years from now the LeBron hype will die down alot and he'll be placed where he should be. Just behind magic Kobe and mj and a little in front of bird, Duncan, Shaq, Durant, Steph and guys like that

mj/magic/kobe don't have narratives holding up their legacies like "they can carry soup cans to the finals/any team to the playoffs"

that stuff is the backbone of lebrons legacy

take it away and hes just another guy with 3 bogus rings from bail out shots/collusions

Bronbron23
02-13-2019, 01:16 PM
mj/magic/kobe don't have narratives holding up their legacies like "they can carry soup cans to the finals/any team to the playoffs"

that stuff is the backbone of lebrons legacy

take it away and hes just another guy with 3 bogus rings from bail out shots/collusions i think most reasonable people would say that if Bron misses the playoffs its probably because Bron is finally declining from injury and age and him and rondo have missed alot of games this year.

Haters will say otherwise but using a players 16th season as barometer to how good he is would be ridiculous. LeBron is still probably the best player in the world but he has clearly declined. He lost alot of his first step and he dosnt play any defence what so ever because he has less stamina. Only reason his stats are still around the same is because of the rule changes and pace of play.

It's fine if your gonna use his 16 the season as a measurement but then you have to do it for everyone else.

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 01:19 PM
i think most reasonable people would say that if Bron misses the playoffs its probably because Bron is finally declining from injury and age and him and rondo have missed alot of games this year.

Haters will say otherwise but using a players 16th season as barometer to how good he is would be ridiculous. LeBron is still probably the best player in the world but he has clearly declined. He lost alot of his first step and he dosnt play any defence what so ever because he has less stamina. Only reason his stats are still around the same is because of the rule changes and pace of play.

It's fine if your gonna use his 16 the season as a measurement but then you have to do it for everyone else.

so you're basically saying steve nash/magic johnson/charles barkley and every other great offensive player that wasn't good on defense is completely worthless?

is that the new narrative you wanna run with?

because lebrons averaging 27/9/8 on 51% fg's and is still right up there with the best offensive players in the league

if you are truly saying his defensive decline is the demise of a team then any non 2 way player shouldn't even be brought up in debates anymore

oooooorrrrrr perhaps a more realistic explanation is lebron was never that impactful and hes always had empty stats and only now is he being exposed for it

Dray n Klay
02-13-2019, 01:22 PM
so you're basically saying steve nash/magic johnson/charles barkley and every other great offensive player that wasn't good on defense is completely worthless?

because lebrons averaging 27/9/8 on 51% fg's and is still right up there with the best offensive players in the league

if you are truly saying his defensive decline is the demise of a team then any non 2 way player shouldn't even be brought up in debates anymore

How was Kobe

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=Dray n Klay]How was Kobe

Wally450
02-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Kenny, didn't you say you don't even bother making threads anymore, especially about LeBron? What gives?

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Kenny, didn't you say you don't even bother making threads anymore, especially about LeBron? What gives?

didn't you say you would stop following me around sucking my dick every 2 seconds

And1AllDay
02-13-2019, 02:16 PM
have you noticed bran stans have weird crooked jaws that point to the side

http://www.topnetworths.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Nick-Wright-Headshot-727x727.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/pKGJp60/Screen-Shot-2019-02-13-at-7-25-02-AM.png

Why you got random pics of men smiling on your computer? U a ghey boi?

RealSkipBayless
02-13-2019, 02:51 PM
Even the leader Nick can

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Why you got random pics of men smiling on your computer? U a ghey boi?

no thanks

Bronbron23
02-13-2019, 05:46 PM

oooooorrrrrr perhaps a more realistic explanation is lebron was never that impactful and hes always had empty stats and only now is he being exposed for it
Nah man it's not that simple. There's so many different factors for each player. For LeBron yes he has to play defence to be able to dominate. The way he plays "LeBron ball" on offence hurts his teams so he needs to make it up on the defensive end. I'm not sure why you even brought up Barkley or Nash because they never really dominated. Magic wasn't an amazing defender but he tried. And the Lakers didn't run there offence like "LeBron ball" so it was effective enough that they didn't have to rely on defence as much. Magic also had really good defenders to back him up also

PickernRoller
02-13-2019, 05:57 PM
We all know what his legacy is. The media narratives will die out once he's retired and these suits start to praise whomever becomes new consensus for $$$ milk.

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Nah man it's not that simple. There's so many different factors for each player. For LeBron yes he has to play defence to be able to dominate. The way he plays "LeBron ball" on offence hurts his teams so he needs to make it up on the defensive end. I'm not sure why you even brought up Barkley or Nash because they never really dominated. Magic wasn't an amazing defender but he tried. And the Lakers didn't run there offence like "LeBron ball" so it was effective enough that they didn't have to rely on defence as much. Magic also had really good defenders to back him up also

it IS that simple

REBOUNDS = EMPTY STATS/hurts his team defensively

https://youtu.be/qc8NNG7tQSM?t=870

ASSISTS = EMPTY STATS/hurts his team offensively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQkQwys5mas

EFFICIENCY = FRAUDULENT STAT/shying away from shots to protect his fg% or because he's afraid HURTS his team more than it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDsgGKHBEo

Bronbron23
02-13-2019, 06:10 PM
it IS that simple

REBOUNDS = EMPTY STATS/hurts his team defensively

https://youtu.be/qc8NNG7tQSM?t=870

ASSISTS = EMPTY STATS/hurts his team offensively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQkQwys5mas

EFFICIENCY = FRAUDULENT STAT/shying away from shots to protect his fg% or because he's afraid HURTS his team more than it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDsgGKHBEo
Dude he won a finals against the 73 win warriors. He has 3 chips and numerous deep playoff runs. Yeah he could of had more success of he was willing to ditch bran ball and play within a system but he's accomplished more than most really good players in the history of the game.

He's not perfect for sure but he's nowhere near as bad as you claim he is.

red1
02-13-2019, 06:11 PM
nick wright takes the stanning a bit far but he's right about several things. not making the playoffs would be unfortunate - if the lakers retool this summer and make a real run next year that would erase that.

and he's also right about lebron not being the best player anymore. I rank giannis and KD above him for this year but I'm open to persuasion.

the lakers real run will be next year when they inevitably add another proven all-star.