PDA

View Full Version : Giving Tobias Harris the MAX contract would be a big mistake for da 76ers

keep-itreal
02-13-2019, 11:48 AM
There

KOBEtherealKing
02-13-2019, 12:36 PM
He

PP34Deuce
02-13-2019, 12:50 PM
Tobias is 26 and a very solid starter. He'll get overpaid but Philly still has first round picks. This was a smart gamble by Brand.

He essentially took the weaknesses of Simmons and covered them with Tobias who's a much better 3 point shooter and ISO Post scorer.

Switching is easy between Butler, Simmons, and Tobias so it masks JJ reddick or Connell out there.

Their problems with Boston are mental. Similar to how Boston mentally crumbles with Lebron teams.

Real Men Wear Green
02-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Prediction: if they don't the Knicks will.

sixerfan82
02-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Tobias is 26 and a very solid starter. He'll get overpaid but Philly still has first round picks. This was a smart gamble by Brand.

He essentially took the weaknesses of Simmons and covered them with Tobias who's a much better 3 point shooter and ISO Post scorer.

Switching is easy between Butler, Simmons, and Tobias so it masks JJ reddick or Connell out there.

Their problems with Boston are mental. Similar to how Boston mentally crumbles with Lebron teams.

This. We had the game won last night and gave it away. Joel tried to get the refs to bail him out.

PeroAntic
02-13-2019, 01:09 PM
Everytime a player has a less than perfect game some people are up in arms. it happens, they are human. Tobi is a great player and the Sixers are going to the finals

Wally450
02-13-2019, 01:43 PM
Everytime a player has a less than perfect game some people are up in arms. it happens, they are human. Tobi is a great player and the Sixers are going to the finals

Based on what?

Duderonomy
02-13-2019, 01:58 PM
It will be interesting with Butler and Tobias both being free agents this off-season.
I'd feel more confident giving Tobias $20-22 mil a season than giving Butler the max.

PeroAntic
02-13-2019, 02:00 PM
Based on what?
Based on the fact that they have the strongest team.

Uncle Drew
02-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Based on what?
PeroAntic said it. They will probably not even make the playoffs now.

JohnnySic
02-13-2019, 02:14 PM
The Sixers have a better starting 5 but they fall off a cliff when they go to their bench. Who are their key reserves anyway? Boban, McConnell, and the other Simmons? :lol

This is gonna be a problem for them. Not just against the Celtics but against the Bucks and Raptors as well.

And dont give me that "in the playoffs, depth doesn't matter" bs. Uhm yes, it does.

Real Men Wear Green
02-13-2019, 02:17 PM
They have the two biggest young talents but Giannis, Leonard, and Irving aren't that old...and the Celtics have been beating them without Irving. Of the four top EC teams Philly is worst at closing games offensively and the bench is poor.

RealSkipBayless
02-13-2019, 02:36 PM
Sixers don

GOBB
02-13-2019, 03:10 PM
What

tontoz
02-13-2019, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=keep-itreal]There

dbugz
02-13-2019, 03:31 PM
He's like the Lou Williams of forwards.

Will fill up the stat sheet but aint gonna give you the impact you needed. Teams aint afraid of him. Lou is clutch though.

PP34Deuce
02-13-2019, 03:40 PM
The fear we Tobias is you give him a huge contract and he settles. Clippers traded him because they are trying to lure super free agents to their team.

If you give him Otto Porter money, he's still a better player.

Embiid stays right and Simmons improves and everyone on that team gets better.

GOBB
02-13-2019, 04:03 PM

Will fill up the stat sheet but aint gonna give you the impact you needed. Teams aint afraid of him. Lou is clutch though.

I mean when you think of a 3rd or 4th option does Tobias not fit the bill? He

DMAVS41
02-13-2019, 07:34 PM
They have to now...it would be a disaster to give all of that up for him to walk.

I like Harris a lot, but I wonder if the Sixers should have paid a far cheaper price for Porter. They could have gotten him for matching salary and their first round pick this year and kept the Miami pick.

He's not as good offensively as Harris though....and that might matter a lot because Harris can create his own offense in a way Porter can't.

However, Porter is a better defender, similar spot up 3 point shooter...and probably even or slightly better passer....and while Porter is overpaid, he's expiring in 2 years and wouldn't demand the salary/years Harris will unless he takes a discount.

PeroAntic
02-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Harris is criminally underrated around here..

fourkicks44
02-13-2019, 07:58 PM
The Sixers have a better starting 5 but they fall off a cliff when they go to their bench. Who are their key reserves anyway? Boban, McConnell, and the other Simmons? :lol

This is gonna be a problem for them. Not just against the Celtics but against the Bucks and Raptors as well.

And dont give me that "in the playoffs, depth doesn't matter" bs. Uhm yes, it does.

You can say what you want about Steven's having Simmons number or Horfords ability to defend Embiid.

But the Celtics still don't have an answer for TJ. The guy keeps overachieving.

AngelEyes
02-13-2019, 08:47 PM
They have the two biggest young talents but Giannis, Leonard, and Irving aren't that old...and the Celtics have been beating them without Irving. Of the four top EC teams Philly is worst at closing games offensively and the bench is poor.

Giannis is younger and better than Embiid.

Real Men Wear Green
02-13-2019, 10:02 PM
Giannis is younger and better than Embiid.
I sit corrected.

sammichoffate
02-13-2019, 10:14 PM
If he improves his defense, then he would be worth the max imo.

brooks_thompson
02-13-2019, 11:27 PM
The real mistake is letting Ben Simmons be the point guard. I like the guy, he's a good player, but he's not a good point guard, and it's not just because of the shooting.

FKAri
02-13-2019, 11:29 PM

He's nothing like Lou Williams. Lou Williams is an explosive clutch scorer who does little else. Tobias does a little bit of everything at a moderate to high level and has no big holes in his game.

keep-itreal
04-13-2019, 05:17 PM
LMAO :roll:

dbugz
04-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Tobias "garbage" Harris. :roll: :roll:

no impact at all :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
04-13-2019, 05:24 PM
great player actually

over-reactions over a couple games by the same ol' retards

Also forgot about Jimmy Butler as well. Didn’t even notice him in this game and 76ers finna max this overrated low impact diva as well:roll:

dumbass

keep-itreal
04-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Harris is criminally underrated around here..
:roll:

PeroAntic
04-13-2019, 05:41 PM
If a player never has a bad game he will be among the GOATs. Nobody said that about Harris. Still a great player but should have been more assertive tonight. Onto the next one.

DMAVS41
04-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Rough game, but Harris isn't really the problem with this team...

If you are trying to contend and you are also playing Mike Scott 32 minutes...and don't have shooting or the guard play you need...

I'm not sure what you are doing.

dbugz
04-13-2019, 07:39 PM
Rough game, but Harris isn't really the problem with this team...

If you are trying to contend and you are also playing Mike Scott 32 minutes...and don't have shooting or the guard play you need...

I'm not sure what you are doing.

what the F is that bum doing there? dude has low basketball IQ :oldlol: