PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James created 37 open shots yesterday, the Lakers missed 21

Uncle Drew
02-13-2019, 03:58 PM
Most of them lay-ups. Not just 3's. Discuss.

andgar923
02-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Context

sd3035
02-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Lebaldo dumped off the ball 37 times at the end of the clock trying to force an assist

His teammates did the best they could on desperation heaves at the end of the clock with a hand in their face

jstern
02-13-2019, 04:21 PM
I didn't watch the game. But I've reading that despite his stats it wasn't a good game for him, his standards. That there was something off. So I'm guessing the typical Lebron Ball empty stat padding leading to, the toxic "It's all his teammates fault. Lebron needs more help."

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2019, 04:37 PM
I didn't watch the game. But I've reading that despite his stats it wasn't a good game for him, his standards. That there was something off. So I'm guessing the typical Lebron Ball empty stat padding leading to, the toxic "It's all his teammates fault. Lebron needs more help."

you're gonna write creating 37 open shots off as just stats?

isn't that the "true" impact one might be searching for?

I'm guessing at some point last year you lost your brain, thats what im guessing.

sd3035
02-13-2019, 04:43 PM
you're gonna write creating 37 open shots off as just stats?

isn't that the "true" impact one might be searching for?

I'm guessing at some point last year you lost your brain, thats what im guessing.

impact for losing

Any idiot can hold the ball until the end of the clock and dump it off for a forced assist attempt

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2019, 04:46 PM
impact for losing

Any idiot can hold the ball until the end of the clock and dump it off for a forced assist attempt

it says open shots, so how could it possibly be that scenario?

Can you prove visual proof that would somehow diminish creating an open shot?

Lol.

Worlds going crazy out here

Shaquille O'Neal
02-13-2019, 04:47 PM
Lebaldo dumped off the ball 37 times at the end of the clock trying to force an assist

His teammates did the best they could on desperation heaves at the end of the clock with a hand in their face

This. 100% spot on. There's no fluidity and ball movement. it's why Lebron is the master of stat gathering and losing.
Who would want to play with this chump?:facepalm

ballinhun8
02-13-2019, 04:59 PM
"created" lmfaoooo

OP you such a cuck. Stop making threads.

sd3035
02-13-2019, 05:02 PM
it says open shots, so how could it possibly be that scenario?

Can you prove visual proof that would somehow diminish creating an open shot?

Lol.

Worlds going crazy out here

What a retard you are lol. No wonder Germany is getting cucked

tamaraw08
02-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Most of them lay-ups. Not just 3's. Discuss.

at the end of the day, the team that are good in making shots win.
Lakers beat Boston bec they made shots.
Overall, they ranked 26th in 3pt%.
Lebron's cavs were always in top 10 in 3pt %, I am not saying Lakers would be top 3 or even 5 if the lakers were hitting 3's, but certainly not in 10th place.
The problem ofcourse is you great shooters usually also are bad defenders just like Kyle Korver....
Magic and Pelinka thought Hart, Kuzma, Ingram and KCP were good enough since they were accurate last year but both esp Hart have really struggled hitting 21% in January.
They only shot 29.6% from deep in 29 losses.
Also they just shoot under 68% in losses, about atleast 8 FTs per game.
They have a -1.2 in score margin.

red1
02-13-2019, 06:56 PM
I watched the game last night the entire missed shots teammates missed some bunnies like kuzma and bullock at the rim bron had a mediocre game as well.

honestly they couldve used lonzo was just one of those nights where you try different players hoping someone's got it.

BigShotBob
02-13-2019, 07:52 PM
Lebron's defense was shameful

SamuraiSWISH
02-13-2019, 08:16 PM
And LeBron gave up 50 open shots

kennethgriffen
02-13-2019, 08:19 PM
maybe they should devise a system that puts players in their spots and gives them a chance to utilize their skills

lebron going after triple doubles with his assist agenda system only works if you're surrounded by sharp shooters

StrongLurk
02-13-2019, 08:19 PM
The issue is Lebron should have been the one shooting. And the Lakers suck on defense.

sammichoffate
02-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Lebron's defense was shamefulhttps://streamable.com/hk4qy
https://streamable.com/afv75

Kobe at 34:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fixkCRmztFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkyD76KPnEE

E_Stamkos
02-13-2019, 09:22 PM
I watched the game last night and it perfectly defined why box score watchers will never quite get it.

A quick glance at the numbers and one would think Lebron and Trae Young put on a show last night. When in all actuality it was one of the ugliest games played by any team(s) this season.

Defense... Execution... Decision making down the stretch... All woeful.

OP would have you think that Lebron did his part last night. Anyone who actually watched the game would tell you otherwise

superduper
02-13-2019, 09:35 PM
The fact that Bran stans can't fathom why one guy holding the ball trying to force every single play to go through him is less efficient than playing a team brand where assists are scattered evenly throughout the team in a winning brand of ball is beyond alarming.

There's no convincing these fools, just let them cry into their boxscores.

MJistheGOAT
02-13-2019, 09:44 PM
Bran ball is based on all the players minus LeUsg% being spot up shooters without creating, assisting or get some rhytm and, at the same time, play defense 4 vs 5 because of LeNodefense.

All of this, only for media propping up LeManufactured if they win and be the pointed ones if they lose.

So, missing 21 of 37 is logical.

warriorfan
02-13-2019, 09:48 PM

Thread over!

PP34Deuce
02-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Nike is going to have some great ads when he retires.

red1
02-13-2019, 10:09 PM
I watched the game last night and it perfectly defined why box score watchers will never quite get it.

A quick glance at the numbers and one would think Lebron and Trae Young put on a show last night. When in all actuality it was one of the ugliest games played by any team(s) this season.

Defense... Execution... Decision making down the stretch... All woeful.

OP would have you think that Lebron did his part last night. Anyone who actually watched the game would tell you otherwise
they both racked up 15+ assists in an UGLY-ASS game.

shit was hideous. missed layups and three point chucking all night.

3ball
02-13-2019, 10:44 PM
Lebron's ball-dominance (losing championship records) will never be a substitute for ball-movement (winning championship records)

Ball movement will always be the best way to play and result in the best teams.. if a player isn't skilled enough to dominate while the team has good ball movement, then he's garbage compared to MJ, Bird, Duncan, Curry.. these guys will always have better teams and kick his ass, 3/9

FKAri
02-13-2019, 10:44 PM
I can criticize him for other things but I can't criticize him for this. But the haters making themselves look stupid if they want to hate on this stat.

3ball
02-13-2019, 10:49 PM
I can criticize him for other things but I can't criticize him for this. But the haters making themselves look stupid if they want to hate on this stat.
As a lebron fan, doesn't it annoy you that his skillset/style prevents the ball movement that yields the best teams, so his championship record is shit?

Are you that enamored with career totals?