PDA

View Full Version : Jordan would NEVER be able to score in this defensively advanced era

superduper
02-18-2019, 12:55 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-15-2018/7rkDFz.gif

LeGOAT!! :mad: :mad:

MrFonzworth
02-18-2019, 12:57 PM
Some of the most physical defense I've seen in a while:applause:

superduper
02-18-2019, 12:58 PM
Milkmen and accountants!!!!! :mad: :mad:

superduper
02-18-2019, 01:17 PM
@Hey Yo- can't answer in here huh? :lol

SomeBlackDude
02-18-2019, 01:29 PM

crazy thing is prime big balla beard aka the mvp sees much worse defense than bob cousy did.

legit much worse defense.

http://oi33.tinypic.com/25q817l.jpg

what a time.

Phoenix
02-18-2019, 01:36 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImperturbableGoldenBarasinga-max-1mb.gif

superduper
02-18-2019, 01:38 PM
But would Jordan be able to score in this era?

hiphopanonymous
02-18-2019, 01:42 PM
what the fvk did I just watch :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MrFonzworth
02-18-2019, 01:45 PM
The fake step back. In other words, dribble straight to the basket with your dominant hand. Wont be long before other stars start assimulating this move into their games.

superduper
02-18-2019, 02:33 PM

You just watched an extremely complex and illusion-style level of defense which the past eras such as the 90s wouldn't even be able to come close to remotely FATHOMING what just went down in that gif.

The defense is SO ADVANCED that MJ would look like Derozan in this era facing that kind of mind-fcukery. The accountants and grocery baggers of the 90s would be OUT OF THE LEAGUE if they had to learn this kind of advanced defense.

#LeGOAT

72-10
02-18-2019, 03:26 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImperturbableGoldenBarasinga-max-1mb.gif

:roll:
jetfrog

yeaaaman
02-18-2019, 04:15 PM
crazy thing is prime big balla beard aka the mvp sees much worse defense than bob cousy did.

legit much worse defense.

http://oi33.tinypic.com/25q817l.jpg

what a time.

The funny part is that this is the same clip that is always shown to bash the old school yet they're still trying harder than the guys in the original post.

Look at the help defense from the rest of the Blazers :oldlol:

It's actually a joke that people have the nerve to talk about the past when you see the trash defense that is played in the NBA today.

superduper
02-18-2019, 04:47 PM
The funny part is that this is the same clip that is always shown to bash the old school yet they're still trying harder than the guys in the original post.

It's actually a joke that people have the nerve to talk about the past when you see the trash defense that is played in the NBA today.

And those same people bashing that Cousy gif are the same people that fail to comprehend that those people in the old gif were some of the first people ever to master basketball and didn't have the advantage of the refinement of the game that we have today...which were developed from learning from the players in the old gif :facepalm

If someone has the Bran kick gif I would really appreciate it. All of the threads I had it from got deleted by mods coincidentally

And1AllDay
02-18-2019, 04:50 PM
Ummm your dumb yes he could

https://i.postimg.cc/yxj8QQrj/MJin2019.png

Hes practically in the league now, look up

21.4 ppg all day baybeeee

superduper
02-18-2019, 04:52 PM

Bruh if your gonna troll at least make it a lil funny with some effort

Kblaze8855
02-18-2019, 04:57 PM
If nothing else...these defenses are considerate....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FewBlaringHarlequinbug-size_restricted.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DrearyDenseFritillarybutterfly-size_restricted.gif

And1AllDay
02-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Bruh if your gonna troll at least make it a lil funny with some effort

How is MJ not Demar if he plays in current era with real athletes and not milk men and grocery baggers???

Both have a good first step, both are long, both got a weak 3 point shot with no range and both are same height

Jordan used to driving on Hornacek and Starks, 2010's era is a different monster no more free passes you know :no:

superduper
02-18-2019, 05:09 PM
How is MJ not Demar if he plays in current era with real athletes and not milk men and grocery baggers???

Both have a good first step, both are long, both got a weak 3 point shot with no range and both are same height

Jordan used to driving on Hornacek and Starks, 2010's era is a different monster no more free passes you know :no:

You're just targeting them because they're white. It's as simple as that.

Grain of salt at that racist shit brah

And1AllDay
02-18-2019, 05:12 PM
You're just targeting them because they're white. It's as simple as that.

Grain of salt at that racist shit brah

How is Starks "white" :oldlol:

Also

Terry Porter
6'3 Payton
Byron Russell
Craig Ehlo (yes I know he white)

Wnat me to add more? This isnt looking good for you right now lololol

yeaaaman
02-18-2019, 05:13 PM
And those same people bashing that Cousy gif are the same people that fail to comprehend that those people in the old gif were some of the first people ever to master basketball and didn't have the advantage of the refinement of the game that we have today...which were developed from learning from the players in the old gif :facepalm

If someone has the Bran kick gif I would really appreciate it. All of the threads I had it from got deleted by mods coincidentally

Exactly... so relatively speaking, the difficulty level of a player who is extremely right-hand dominant who is playing in the early stages of the sport would be pretty high against moderate defense of the time. So when you substitute the fact that you often see defense today that is at the same level of effort to where it's comparable to defense from 70 years ago... it's laughable to even call those guys out and say idiotic statements like "milkmen and janitors".

If they were all milkmen and janitors, wouldn't their feats still be comendable since the people accomplishing them are...milkmen and janitors as well?

In any case I think it's funny when these same people act like the human race has eveloved 50,000 years since 1990. Yes their is an advantage when it comes to athletic training but when a guy with the athleticism of Luka Doncic comes in and dominates as a rookie like few others in the history of the game... exactly.

yeaaaman
02-18-2019, 05:14 PM

log...offf...

superduper
02-18-2019, 05:16 PM

Also

Terry Porter
6'3 Payton
Byron Russell

Porter was quick and great in his own right.

Payton is just 0.5 inches shorter than Jordan and is one of the greatest perimeter defenders ever.

Bryon Russell is 6'7 and was capable of physically dominating him.

Craig Ehlo was a Klay Thompson level defender and was 6'8.

And1AllDay
02-18-2019, 05:17 PM
log...offf...

PLEASE dont forget when zone defense was legal Mikey shot 17% from 3, averaged 20 a game and missed the playoffs twice. The milkmen and grovery baggers were out of the league. Mugsye 5'1 Bogues was a friggin STARTER bro.

And1AllDay
02-18-2019, 05:17 PM

Payton is just 0.5 inches shorter than Jordan and is one of the greatest perimeter defenders ever.

105 DefRating PEAK Payton 6'2? I dont think so...

Next

superduper
02-18-2019, 05:18 PM
105 DefRating PEAK Payton 6'2? I dont think so...

Next

Why aren't you bringing up pace?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/43/40/f04340488b341fde91b1921ab49e2a3b.jpg

yeaaaman
02-18-2019, 05:19 PM

What does it matter how "athletic" the players are if they are nailed to the floor on defense.

Second, you don't know shit about Demar. The guy has below average lateral movement doesn't come close to having the first step as MJ and neither has the foot nor hand-speed Jordan did. They aren't comparable outside of hight and maybe vertical jumping ability.

And1AllDay
02-18-2019, 05:19 PM
Why aren't you bringing up pace?

For DefRating? Uhhh it based on 100 possessions homie :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

And1AllDay
02-18-2019, 05:20 PM
If Im 6'6 180 pound Mike Jordan how am I gonna let a 6'3 Payton 140 pound hold me to 27 points on 38% yikes...Embarassing

Kawhi would clamp Mike to 22 on 33%
Draymond/Iggy would clamp Mike to 20 on 31%

yeaaaman
02-18-2019, 05:24 PM
If Im 6'6 180 pound Mike Jordan how am I gonna let a 6'3 Payton 140 pound hold me to 27 points on 38% yikes...Embarassing

Kawhi would clamp Mike to 22 on 33%
Draymond/Iggy would clamp Mike to 20 on 31%

Who clamped up Lebron in the 2011 finals? And he's the greatest player of this era and I would assume you think of all-time?

And1AllDay
02-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Who clamped up Lebron in the 2011 finals? And he's the greatest player of this era and I would assume you think of all-time?

Wade ball...Obviously? Get a clue man Bron took over in 2012 and 2013 and we saw what happens right :confusedshrug:

SomeBlackDude
02-18-2019, 05:38 PM

i'm pretty sure cousy had an airtight case for sexual abuse on that play. those defenders put hands all over him. red paw prints must've been all over his lower half after the game.

meanwhile, some strategically placed traffic cones would've put up better defense against da beard. at least you can put a traffic cone in the paint.

Hey Yo
02-18-2019, 06:05 PM

Also

Terry Porter
6'3 Payton
Byron Russell

LMAO

further proof that superdumbass wasn't even watching back then....

72-10
02-18-2019, 06:30 PM

We heed your point, I mean it is a wide open lane, but in all honesty his defender wasn't really nailed to the floor, it was a pretty good move by Harden, he basically gives him the Spider to shake the defender, anyone who can do the Spider for that long has a chance to shake his defender.

72-10
02-18-2019, 06:36 PM

Payton is a legitimate 6-4 and a legitimate candidate for GOAT defensive guard.

Ehlo is 6-6. I can't believe people think Ehlo wasn't good just because he got dusted by MJ. He's a top 300 player all-time. Why'd they call him Mr. Everything?

superduper
02-18-2019, 06:37 PM
Payton is a legitimate 6-4 and a legitimate candidate for GOAT defensive guard.

Ehlo is 6-6. I can't believe people think Ehlo wasn't good just because he got dusted by MJ. He was an All-Star. He's a top 300 player all-time. Why'd they call him Mr. Everything?

These kids wouldn't know

yeaaaman
02-18-2019, 06:40 PM
We heed your point, I mean it is a wide open lane, but in all honesty his defender wasn't really nailed to the floor, it was a pretty good move by Harden, he basically gives him the Spider to shake the defender, anyone who can do the Spider for that long has a chance to shake his defender.

it's not just the on ball defender, it's the rest of them.. I mean look at the help (lack of), look at Lillard (i think it's him) - he doesn't move or take his hands off his hips the whole posession :oldlol:

72-10
02-18-2019, 06:58 PM
it's not just the on ball defender, it's the rest of them.. I mean look at the help (lack of), look at Lillard (i think it's him) - he doesn't move or take his hands off his hips the whole posession :oldlol:

You're right. I didn't deny that it's garbage team defense - no one even bothers to rotate over to disturb Harden's shot on the basket, no one is in the paint, but he's certainly beating the first line of defense with this type of ballhandling. I meant the perimeter defender isn't at fault, he actually stuck with him pretty well considering Harden's doing something more impressive than a cross here. Payton would probably have trouble guarding that.

Marchesk
02-18-2019, 07:07 PM

Rockets style of play puts everyone to sleep including the defense.

theaussieguy
02-18-2019, 08:48 PM

this isn't just bad basketball this is blatant and obvious rigging. Lol @ that player who makes an attempt 3 seconds too late just to make it less obvious and in doing so making it even more obvious. You people need to wake up some games are blatantly rigged.

Mr.GOAT2408
02-18-2019, 10:57 PM
Defense is barely played today, especially out in the perimeter

Harden would be lucky to average 25+ in an earlier era when the lanes were congested, hand checking allowed, and the refs actually knew what was a foul.

basketball_
02-07-2021, 12:17 PM
GOAT I all say :D (https://basketballseekers.com/best-basketball-shoes-for-wide-feet/)

3ball
02-07-2021, 02:34 PM
It's already a historical fact that Jordan's rings and stats had the best quality because Jordan is the only guy that never had an equal-scoring teammate to attract equal defensive attention, so his stats were tougher to achieve

FKAri
02-07-2021, 05:04 PM
He'd definitely get a couple points here or there. A back door cut when his defender isn't looking or maybe a cherry picked layup. I can just imagine Lebron chewing out Ordan for missing a corner 3. Anyways this is just academic because he wouldn't make any roster due to his lack of ability as well as the fact that he'd bring down the team's average testosterone level.

Axe
02-07-2021, 05:27 PM
He'd definitely get a couple points here or there. A back door cut when his defender isn't looking or maybe a cherry picked layup. I can just imagine Lebron chewing out Ordan for missing a corner 3. Anyways this is just academic because he wouldn't make any roster due to his lack of ability as well as the fact that he'd bring down the team's average testosterone level.
He probably thinks you're a neutered virgin

Mauzah
02-07-2021, 06:26 PM

Michael Jordan had the ultimate combination of athleticism and midrange GOAT shooting/fundamentals and you compare him to Derozan you dim **** :roll:

And then brings up Mugsy Boges in a later post when we all watched JJ Barea shut down Bron in the post in the Finals. JJ Barea....

I wish you were trolling but this sad reality is that you're actually that stupid

Spurs m8
02-07-2021, 10:33 PM
The defensive era that now regularly allows 120-150 points per game.

The one where you can't breathe on a player without being called

Op is the definition of a low iq dumb fvck

Jordan still triggering this b1tch...its sad.

Stop getting so triggered that you need to make threads every day...its pathetic

Honor Boost
02-07-2021, 10:35 PM
Jordan would score on any defense in any era like many of the ATG players