PDA

View Full Version : What would Jordan fans say?

TheCorporation
02-19-2019, 12:41 AM
If LeBron was the one with three 1st round exits?

If LeBron was #2 in post season scoring?

If LeBron was #2 in post season steals?

If LeBron was #2 in post season game winners?

If LeBron was the one who was bailed out by Scottie Pippen? (1-9)

If all of Jordan's opponents had a better post season net efficiency rating than the BEST team LeBron faced?

If Jordan beat a 73-win all time record team?

If Jordan had the highest ppg during elimination?

If Jordan mounted the greatest 3-1 comeback in sports history?

What would Jordan fans say?

Dray n Klay
02-19-2019, 12:45 AM
They wouldn't say anything, cause Jordan would've been the consensus GOAT if that happened :eek:

Instead we now know him as Mr. "1-9"

TheCorporation
02-19-2019, 12:46 AM
They wouldn't say anything, cause Jordan would've been the consensus GOAT if that happened :eek:

EXACTLY

But...Since LeBron is #1 in

-Post season scoring
-Post season steals
-Post season game winners
-Post season Finals competition
-Post season elimination game ppg

I think we know the truth boys :cheers:

TheBranStan
02-19-2019, 12:52 AM

Exactly bro :applause:

bullettooth
02-19-2019, 02:39 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/PrQwMkZS/lebron-stats-or-rings.gif

knicksman
02-19-2019, 02:40 AM
"6/6 > 3/9"

TheCorporation
02-19-2019, 02:41 AM

Sorry your boy is always #2

Bawkish
02-19-2019, 02:47 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebron's "3-6" Mafia are fuming

Akrazotile
02-19-2019, 02:55 AM
MJ stans in disarray now that he’s finally being scrutinized by modern standards, instead of regarded as some mythical superman who could do no wrong.

His legacy is in VERY ominous territory right now...

Bawkish
02-19-2019, 02:59 AM
MJ stans in disarray now that he’s finally being scrutinized by modern standards, instead of regarded as some mythical superman who could do no wrong.

His legacy is in VERY ominous territory right now...

you just described Lebron's current predicament :lol

Marchesk
02-19-2019, 03:04 AM

They'd be left wondering what his legacy would look like if he had shown up for 2011 finals, hadn't driven Kyrie away, and hadn't lost the FMVP to dudes playing his position as much as he won it.

TheCorporation
02-19-2019, 03:26 AM
[QUOTE=Akrazotile]MJ stans in disarray now that he

3ball
02-19-2019, 03:28 AM
EXACTLY

But...Since LeBron is #1 in

-Post season scoring
-Post season steals
-Post season game winners
-Post season Finals competition
-Post season elimination game ppg

I think we know the truth boys :cheers:
MJ kills lebron in per game, for all those stat categories you mentioned

And regarding Finals comp, Lebron teamed up with Wade.. :confusedshrug: .. that alone gave him the most talent in the league and he was favored against the Spurs.. against the Warriors, he had another big 3 that was favored in 15' before kyrie went down

In today's game all MJ would need to be the best team is Paul george.

"B-b-but he'd need another star to beat the Warriors!!"... You mean like HOF's Bosh and Love?.. :hammerhead:.. lebron had enough help to win, and MJ's superior style always won with LESS (only 1 all-star)

sportjames23
02-19-2019, 03:29 AM
"6/6 > 3/9"

All that needs to be said. :cheers:

Bawkish
02-19-2019, 03:32 AM
Bingo

He is #2 with many things now. His competition was poor. His legacy was saved by Scottie. We can go on and on.

can't compare with the Derozans or the Lowrys or the Bobcats?

no wonder Lebron's legacy was saved by Kyrie & Ray Allen

TheCorporation
02-19-2019, 03:32 AM
All that needs to be said. :cheers:

https://i.postimg.cc/wTqLqW76/SportJamesOwned.png

:no: Be gone

Celtics 1825
02-19-2019, 03:59 AM

:no: Be gone
Can we ban this fool for not living up to his bet?

3ball
02-19-2019, 04:08 AM
Can we ban this fool for not living up to his bet?
Pretty silly in hindsight

Kyrie/Love is probably better than Klay/Dray, but the Warriors' regular season inflated them

jstern
02-19-2019, 04:34 AM
If you flipped Jordan's games, wins losses, accomplishments, negatives and positives, and gave them to Lebron, and do the same thing with Lebron, then Lebron would be the GOAT, and Jordan would be an all time great talent, with certain flaws that disqualifies him from being the GOAT.

Gileraracer
02-19-2019, 04:57 AM
... if Jordan had a finals record of 3/9?

:lol

knicksman
02-19-2019, 05:00 AM

And regarding Finals comp, Lebron teamed up with Wade.. :confusedshrug: .. that alone gave him the most talent in the league and he was favored against the Spurs.. against the Warriors, he had another big 3 that was favored in 15' before kyrie went down

"B-b-but he'd need another star to beat the Warriors!!"... You mean like HOF's Bosh and Love?.. :hammerhead:.. lebron had enough help to win, and MJ's superior style always won with LESS (only 1 all-star)

bron stans are cheap thats why they settle for 1-9 coz they arent 6/6. Thats why they settle for 1st quarter points coz they arent clutch. And they settle for total points coz they arent good in per game.:lol

knicksman
02-19-2019, 05:03 AM
... if Jordan had a finals record of 3/9?

:lol

seriously. I wouldnt be stanning jordan with that embarrassing record. :oldlol:

3/9 with superteam and 2 bailouts. Yikes. Thats too cheap for my standards.

Da_Realist
02-19-2019, 08:54 AM
Most of LeBron's fan base is journalist majors in the media and stat nerds who couldn't recognize statpadding even if it hit them in the face wearing a "CHECK MY $TATS" tshirt

Rico2016
02-19-2019, 10:00 AM
seriously. I wouldnt be stanning jordan with that embarrassing record. :oldlol:

3/9 with superteam and 2 bailouts. Yikes. Thats too cheap for my standards.

But yall stan 1-9 and the Knicks :roll: :roll:

sportjames23
02-19-2019, 11:14 AM
But yall stan 1-9 and the Knicks :roll: :roll:

Trying to keep up with Simon's alts...:facepalm

FKAri
02-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Most of LeBron's fan base is journalist majors in the media and stat nerds who couldn't recognize statpadding even if it hit them in the face wearing a "CHECK MY $TATS" tshirt
I go strictly off of $tats. And they tell me that statistically, basketball players are the dumbest people in the population. So naturally I don't trust their judgement on anything, even basketball.

egokiller
02-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Another insecure thread over not having witnessed GOAT MJ and having to watch mediocre Lebron ball instead. :roll:

We win.....

Again

FKAri
02-19-2019, 11:43 AM
Another insecure thread over not having witnessed GOAT MJ and having to watch mediocre Lebron ball instead. :roll:

We win.....

Again
Anyone can go watch some of MJ's full length games on youtube for free; including full playoff games as well. But there's a reason they have less views than LeBron's latest tweet from the shitter.

yeaaaman
02-19-2019, 12:00 PM

1-9 --> what is that in reference to, the last 10 games Lebron played against the Warriors?

Bronbron23
02-19-2019, 12:08 PM

If all of Jordan's opponents had a better post season net efficiency rating than the BEST team LeBron faced?

I'm a fan of both but your points are terrible.

The east was much better when mj played for one. He was going against goat teams like Celtics and bad boy pistons when he was young.

The stats argument is terrible because your being slick and using totals when per has always been the measurement and of course favours mj.

The pip argument is terrible because for one it's a lie and even if it was true mj only needed one guy. LeBron needed Wade,bosh and Kyrie. The Jordan needed pip argument is one of the worst ever coming from some Bron fans.

The only half good argument you made was beating a 73 win team. Problem with that is tha the loss to the mavs in 2011 is probably the worst performance I've ever seen from a great player or even a good player. So the 2 kind of cancel each other out.

Just face man, LeBron is great but mj is greater. The eye test and chips say heavily suggest prove it and stats are pretty equal. So really no good argument for LeBron over mj.

sportjames23
02-19-2019, 12:14 PM
1-9 --> what is that in reference to, the last 10 games Lebron played against the Warriors?

I say damn :oldlol:

ImKobe
02-19-2019, 12:16 PM
And what would Lebron fans say, if Jordan was 3/9 in the Finals?

Imagine if Jordan had one Finals/Playoff series as bad as 2007 or 2011. Imagine if Jordan lost with HCA.

3ball
02-19-2019, 12:17 PM
Exactly - and lebron went 1-9 with heavily-experienced 2 and 4-seed conference champs, while MJ had 8-seeded, young lottery teams

No comparison

Hey Yo
02-19-2019, 01:00 PM

:oldlol:

The Cavs were never the favorite over the Warriors before any of their Finals match ups. Especially in 2015

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-favored-over-cavs-to-win-nba-championship-by-bovada/

3ball
02-19-2019, 01:13 PM

The Cavs were never the favorite over the Warriors before any of their Finals match ups. Especially in 2015

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-favored-over-cavs-to-win-nba-championship-by-bovada/
Before kyrie got hurt, the latest odds listed before the playoffs began were on April 18, 2015:

Golden State starts its playoff journey with future odds of 5-to-2 to win the NBA Championship at the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook, trailing the Cleveland Cavaliers at 9-to-5.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/blogs/talking-points/2015/apr/18/nba-playoffs-las-vegas-betting-odds-preview-warrio/

Again, those were the latest odds right before the playoffs began

So again, Lebron teamed up with Wade..:confusedshrug: .. that alone gave him the most talent in the league and he was favored against the Spurs.. against the Warriors, he had another big 3 that was favored in 15' before kyrie went down

But in today's game, all MJ would need to be the best team is Paul george (a pippen)

"B-b-but he'd need another star to beat the Warriors!!"... You mean like HOF's Bosh and Love?.. :hammerhead: .. lebron had enough help to win, and MJ's superior style always won with LESS (only 1 all-star)

TheCorporation
02-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Just imagine being the number two in playoff points scored, steals, game winners, elimination game ppg, and yet people want to claim you as number one :lol :lol

Hi I'm ranked number two or lower in everything. Can I be number one though?

Jasper
02-19-2019, 01:55 PM
these threads are precious....

MJ did not leave from high school to the pro's

MJ took off 3 years in his prime.

Mj won 6 chips

-------------
Kobe , Lebron left high school to stat pad their careers.

Kareem the goat , cause of college career chips and 20 years as a Pro.

These threads MUST END.

3ball
02-19-2019, 02:04 PM
these threads are precious....

MJ did not leave from high school to the pro's

MJ took off 3 years in his prime.

Mj won 6 chips

-------------
Kobe , Lebron left high school to stat pad their careers.

Kareem the goat , cause of college career chips and 20 years as a Pro.

These threads MUST END.
so COLLEGE..... Not the pros, but COLLEGE

and playing for a long time while getting carried to half you rings makes you goat?

Kareem stans are shameless.. :facepalm

Kareem missed 2 playoffs, had a sweep and a 1st round loss, all in the middle of his prime.. gtfo

r0drig0lac
02-19-2019, 02:13 PM
:lol :applause:

sdot_thadon
02-19-2019, 03:50 PM
always a good laugh for Mj stans to speak on stat padding....:oldlol:

Hey Yo
02-19-2019, 03:59 PM
Before kyrie got hurt, the latest odds listed before the playoffs began were on April 18, 2015:

Golden State starts its playoff journey with future odds of 5-to-2 to win the NBA Championship at the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook, trailing the Cleveland Cavaliers at 9-to-5.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/blogs/talking-points/2015/apr/18/nba-playoffs-las-vegas-betting-odds-preview-warrio/

Again, those were the latest odds right before the playoffs began
:oldlol: @ your meltdown :mad:

The only odds that matter are the ones right before the series starts. The odds that say Golden St. were the favorites before every series with Cleveland.

Better luck next time, Chico.....

Hey Yo
02-19-2019, 04:04 PM
always a good laugh for Mj stans to speak on stat padding....:oldlol:
"Since Jordan's move from off-guard, the Bulls have gone 11-5. That, in itself, should be reward enough.

But even Jordan has been caught in triple-double-mania.

During breaks in games, Jordan has been wandering over to the scorer's table to get updates on how many rebounds, assists and points he needs to fill his three double-figure quotas.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," he said. "They tell me, 'You need three assists; you need two rebounds."'

Jordan also has been double-checking the figures with Chicago assistants.

"They keep me in tune," he said. "They keep reminding me when I come back to the huddle, how much I need."

Last Sunday, at home against New Jersey, the 10th assist was Jordan's final goal.

"I knew I had nine assists," he said, "and I looked at (forward) Brad (Sellers), and said, 'Brad, can I count on you for my 10th?' And he said, 'yeah' and hit a jumper from the baseline."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1989-04-09-8901190048-story.html

TheCorporation
02-19-2019, 04:50 PM
I say damn :oldlol:

Coward :no:

FKAri
02-19-2019, 04:54 PM
"Since Jordan's move from off-guard, the Bulls have gone 11-5. That, in itself, should be reward enough.

During breaks in games, Jordan has been wandering over to the scorer's table to get updates on how many rebounds, assists and points he needs to fill his three double-figure quotas.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," he said. "They tell me, 'You need three assists; you need two rebounds."'

"They keep me in tune," he said. "They keep reminding me when I come back to the huddle, how much I need."

Last Sunday, at home against New Jersey, the 10th assist was Jordan's final goal.

"I knew I had nine assists," he said, "and I looked at (forward) Brad (Sellers), and said, 'Brad, can I count on you for my 10th?' And he said, 'yeah' and hit a jumper from the baseline."

Like turning the light on, MJ stans disperse like cockroaches. :oldlol:

sdot_thadon
02-19-2019, 05:33 PM

Selfishness, Part I: Since switching to point guard for the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan has become statistic conscious. He has started checking with statisticians to see how close he is to a triple-double. He had a string of seven consecutive triple-doubles broken Friday night.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," Jordan said.

So, too, do the Bulls' assistant coaches.

"They keep reminding me when I get back to the huddle," Jordan said. "They say, 'You need three more of this. You need four more of that.' "

Jordan is trying to win over voters for the league's most valuable player award.

"If the way I'm playing now doesn't convince them I'm a complete player, then I guess nothing will," Jordan said.
http://articles.latimes.com/1989-04-11/sports/sp-1572_1_players-bicker-johnny-newman-jackson-s-backup

........Payton’s mouth is all it takes to reactivate Jordan’s murderous instincts. Against the Sonics, Jordan takes the ball away from Payton the first two times he touches it. Payton is so thoroughly owned that he has to go to the bench. But just as Jordan is gliding toward a SportsCenter-worthy night, Jackson pulls him out of the game. De-Michaelization and all.

"He’s not going to let me win the scoring title,"Jordan whines to guard B.J. Armstrong as he sits on the bench.

But Jordan was the king, and the bloodiest battles for resources tended to be between him and the teammates he called "my supporting cast." "Screw you, M.J.," Grant said after one game. "All you care about is your points and everyone knows it.You don’t care about anything but yourself."

and that's just a snip of what's on record in a non-internet era.

And1AllDay
02-19-2019, 06:06 PM
and that's just a snip of what's on record in a non-internet era.

Shut
it
down

:eek:

TheCorporation
03-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Anyone?

bullettooth
03-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Anyone?

MJistheGOAT
03-12-2019, 09:10 PM

And after a few games, he adjusted and won 6 from 6, also playing 1st team all-D.

Whats your point?

Da_Realist
03-12-2019, 09:19 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebron's "3-6" Mafia are fuming

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KYL8ik7BtuQ&t=4s

Smoke117
03-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Jordan stans are by far the worst stans of them all. They literally worship him like he's some kind of God. Just look at how deranged 3ball and Coach are.

3ball
03-12-2019, 09:32 PM

Better than missing the playoffs like lebron did at the same early-career stage

Degree of domination is measured by per game and advanced stats, not career totals, which measures length of domination

MJ averaged way more ppg and steals and clutch stats - we prefer that over inferior play for a longer timeframe.. :confusedshrug:

Lebron was bailed out by Hughes and Coach Brown (missed playoffs until they arrived)

Spurs and Warriors were the only juggernaut out West from 11-18' (no parity, high net efficiency), whereas the 90's west had 4-5 juggernauts (parity, lower net efficiency) - these battled tested juggernauts took turns losing to MJ in the Finals

The pre-durant Warriors were a regular season team, so they lost as the heavy favorite just like lebron in 2009-2011

This shouldn't surprise anyone in hindsight, as Curry/Klay are weak compared to Shaq/Penny, Payton/Kemp, Kyrie/Love, and many more

Lebron went 7 with a lot of weak teams because he isn't as good as MJ.. MJ only went 7 with great teams

That would mean MJ needed a 7th game and couldn't dominate the opponent

Smoke117
03-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Better than missing the playoffs like lebron did at the same early-career stage

Degree of domination is measured by per game and advanced stats, not career totals, which measures length of domination

MJ averaged way more ppg and steals and clutch stats - we prefer that over inferior play for a longer timeframe.. :confusedshrug:

Lebron was bailed out by Hughes and Coach Brown (missed playoffs until they arrived)

Spurs and Warriors were the only juggernaut out West from 11-18' (no parity, high net efficiency), whereas the 90's west had 4-5 juggernauts (parity, lower net efficiency) - these battled tested juggernauts took turns losing to MJ in the Finals

The pre-durant Warriors were a regular season team, so they lost as the heavy favorite just like lebron in 2009-2011

This shouldn't surprise anyone in hindsight, as Curry/Klay are weak compared to Shaq/Penny, Payton/Kemp, Kyrie/Love, and many more

Lebron went 7 with a lot of weak teams because he isn't as good as MJ.. MJ only went 7 with great teams

That would mean MJ needed a 7th game and couldn't dominate the opponent

And here he is in the flesh. You've literally done more than someone like Simon could ever do to make people dislike Jordan here. Your complete and utter obsession over him is that extreme. That you are still going on years later the same way is just sad.

3ball
03-12-2019, 09:43 PM
I'm a fan of both but your points are terrible.

The east was much better when mj played for one. He was going against goat teams like Celtics and bad boy pistons when he was young.

The stats argument is terrible because your being slick and using totals when per game has always been the measurement and of course favours mj.

The pip argument is terrible because mj only needed one guy. LeBron needed Wade,bosh and Kyrie. The Jordan needed pip argument is one of the worst ever coming from some Bron fans.

The only half good argument you made was beating a 73 win team. Problem with that is tha the loss to the mavs in 2011 is probably the worst performance I've ever seen from a great player or even a good player. So the 2 kind of cancel each other out. Just face man, LeBron is great but mj is greater. The eye test and chips say heavily suggest prove it and stats are pretty equal. So really no good argument for LeBron over mj.
And there you have it... :applause:

And here he is in the flesh. You've literally done more than someone like Simon could ever do to make people dislike Jordan here. Your complete and utter obsession over him is that extreme. That you are still going on years later the same way is just sad.

I've noticed that in recent times you've become very bitter and angry poster lashing out at people like you just got dumped or lost your job or something.. Chin up bud

Smoke117
03-12-2019, 09:52 PM
And there you have it... :applause:

I've noticed that in recent times you've become very bitter and angry poster lashing out at people like you just got dumped or lost your job or something.. Chin up bud

Except I've literally been saying this about you for years now...which goes to show how deep your obsession runs. It'd be one think if you were some dumb ass teenager, but you are 40+ year old man who spends hours every day on this board obsessing and hero worshipping a basketball player. :oldlol:

FKAri
03-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Jordan stans are by far the worst stans of them all. They literally worship him like he's some kind of God. Just look at how deranged 3ball and Coach are.
Kobe fans are the worst. I'll take 3ball and Coach Hespacking over stalker and kenny. Elite nutjobs :oldlol:

Leviathon1121
03-12-2019, 10:21 PM
Except I've literally been saying this about you for years now...which goes to show how deep your obsession runs. It'd be one think if you were some dumb ass teenager, but you are 40+ year old man who spends hours every day on this board obsessing and hero worshipping a basketball player. :oldlol:

Funny how the guy with 15+ accounts polluting the board with nonsense day in and day out doesn

Smoke117
03-12-2019, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=Leviathon1121]Funny how the guy with 15+ accounts polluting the board with nonsense day in and day out doesn

knicksman
03-12-2019, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=Leviathon1121]Funny how the guy with 15+ accounts polluting the board with nonsense day in and day out doesn

And1AllDay
03-12-2019, 11:15 PM
Kobe fans are the worst. I'll take 3ball and Coach Hespacking over stalker and kenny. Elite nutjobs :oldlol:

:eek:

3ball
03-12-2019, 11:44 PM
You guys are on here all day talking mj/lebron, more than me, and anytime you can't counter facts about Lebron's inferiority, you deflect with the "how many lebron threads you gonna make" act

Weak

OP got destroyed in his own thread, so lestans start in with the deflections and derail.

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 12:14 AM
You guys are on here all day talking mj/lebron, more than me, and anytime you can't counter facts about Lebron's inferiority, you deflect with the "how many lebron threads you gonna make" act

Weak

OP got destroyed in his own thread, so lestans start in with the deflections and derail.

The fact that you legitimately think this is the scariest part of it all.

MJ is #2 in everything individual, now. I am sorry to break it to you harshly, perhaps I should have been more gentle but he has been passed up in the stats category, which used to be his only weight as being considered GOAT since he clearly does not have the most rings (Bill Russell).

So...I'm sorry, 3ball.

3ball
03-13-2019, 12:27 AM

MJ is #2 in everything individual, now. I am sorry to break it to you harshly, perhaps I should have been more gentle but he has been passed up in the stats category, which used to be his only weight as being considered GOAT since he clearly does not have the most rings (Bill Russell).

So...I'm sorry, 3ball.
Magic is recognized as the best passer because he led in APG for regular season and playoffs.. but I'm sure if mark Jackson had the media in his pocket like lebron, people would be praising his greater assist total over magic

Per game is what matters

You're grasping at straws acting like career totals make Reggie Miller and lebron better scorers than bird and MJ, respectively

But there's no law against being dumb, so carry on

sportjames23
03-13-2019, 12:47 AM
Only thing we need to say, OP:

https://i.ibb.co/4ZdFkdk/FB894314-2-C9-B-4146-B7-BE-20696-A591771.jpg

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 12:52 AM
Only thing we need to say, OP:

Michael Frauden pic

Nah, this is the only thing you need to say

sportjames23
03-13-2019, 12:54 AM
Nah, this is the only thing you need to say

Got this kid's mind scrambled. :oldlol:

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 12:55 AM
Got this kid's mind scrambled. :oldlol:

Coward

Leviathon1121
03-13-2019, 08:27 AM

So...I'm sorry, 3ball.
This is just not true at all...

Jordan is the consensus GOAT because of his stats, and his winning, and his heart, and his effort, and his clutch ness, and his defense, etc etc. He has the combination of it all that gives him the easiest GOAT arguement. Saying he was all stats is just the Lebron Stan narrative to put Lebron into the conversation because LeBron is the actual one who

Phoenix
03-13-2019, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=Leviathon1121]This is just not true at all...

Jordan is the consensus GOAT because of his stats, and his winning, and his heart, and his effort, and his clutch ness, and his defense, etc etc. He has the combination of it all that gives him the easiest GOAT arguement. Saying he was all stats is just the Lebron Stan narrative to put Lebron into the conversation because LeBron is the actual one who

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 09:59 AM
The thing is, it wasn't strictly a stat argument 20 years ago. Kareem has the most points. Wilt has the higher peak PPG( 50.4). It wasn't a 'most rings' argument because obviously 11>6. It's always been about the totality of everything and the Letard above you is trying to turn it into a stat accumulation argument because the boat has sailed on rings, MVPs, FMVPs, or averages. I don't even have MJ as a consensus, because I personally don't believe in that idea. I personally do a tier system.

Then what is your tier system?

Tier 1
LBJ
MJ
Magic
Shaq
Ducan

Tier 2
Kareem
Bird

Tier 3
Wilt
Russell
Kobe
Hakeem
Oscar

Something like that?

Phoenix
03-13-2019, 10:16 AM
Then what is your tier system?

Tier 1
LBJ
MJ
Magic
Shaq
Ducan

Tier 2
Kareem
Bird

Tier 3
Wilt
Russell
Kobe
Hakeem
Oscar

Something like that?

I don't see why I even need to bother, because it's all subjective and arbitrary, but anyways. Note that the listed order in each tier doesn't necessarily represent how I rank them as players within specific tiers:

Tier 1- MJ, Kareem, Russell

Tier 2 - Shaq, Duncan, Lebron, Wilt, Magic, Bird

Tier 3 - Hakeem, Kobe, Oscar

The big issue we have in this discussions, there's not like a ton of difference in talent and ability between guys at this level. You're pretty much nitpicking 'flaws' to separate one player from another. There's not much 'ability' gap between Kareem and Hakeem. Frankly I think Hakeem is about as complete on both ends as anybody, but I can recognize that he should come below other players who better maximized their talents into even better careers.

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 10:29 PM

Anyone?

3ball
03-23-2019, 11:45 PM
Anyone?

MJ had higher per game stats in the categories above, so that explains those stats.. everyone knows that per game is the REAL record (career apg - magic.... career ppg - jordan... etc)

and even without per game, MJ has far more clutch shots when you include game-tying shots or overall clutch stats (late in tight games) - MJ blows lebron away, especially on the championship level, where Lebron wasn't capable of a single clutch shot, lol

1-9 with an 8 seed > missing playoffs as 9 seed

or going 1-9 with 2 seeds (17' and 18' Finals)

or going 2-16 in with 2 seeds in four Finals destructions (07/14/17/18.. yikes.. :eek:)

the warriors and spurs had high net efficiency because they had no comp

they were the only big fish in the pond (the only super-teams with 3+ HOF's), whereas the 90's west had 3-4 big fish with the best talent that took turns losing to MJ in the Finals

Lebron never beat b2b champs like MJ did in 91'...

Isiah/Dumars/Rodman > Curry/Klay/Dray, and the Pistons had two more 3x all-stars ON TOP of their big 3 (laimbeer, aguirre)..

And when did lebron destroy Duncan/Popovich in 5 games like the 98' jazz did?..

Finally, Shaq/Penny > Hibbert/George, and Riley's Knicks would've made lebron cry

lebron went 7 with weak teams, so he has better elimination game stats... :confusedshrug:

ballinhun8
03-24-2019, 11:25 AM
OP getting destroyed in his own thread yet again

That's just sad :(

SamuraiSWISH
03-24-2019, 02:54 PM
The thing is, it wasn't strictly a stat argument 20 years ago. Kareem has the most points. Wilt has the higher peak PPG( 50.4). It wasn't a 'most rings' argument because obviously 11>6. It's always been about the totality of everything and the Letard above you is trying to turn it into a stat accumulation argument because the boat has sailed on rings, MVPs, FMVPs, or averages. I don't even have MJ as a consensus, because I personally don't believe in that idea. I personally do a tier system.
Agreed.

They always shift the goal past.

Also me too but the tier has a hierarchy and a pyramid top. I don’t like including players in my list who for the majority of their career or all of it was pre merger. But:

MJ
Russell / Kareem
Magic / Bird / Bron / Duncan
Shaq / Wilt / Hakeem / Kobe

And1AllDay
03-24-2019, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Agreed.

They always shift the goal past.

Also me too but the tier has a hierarchy and a pyramid top. I don

3ball
03-24-2019, 03:47 PM
Stats for MJ & Kareem thru 13 yrs each (KAJ's stats after that aren't viable)

REGULAR SEASON

Jordan (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html#all_advanced):.. 31.5 ppg.. 58.0 ts.. 35.3 usg.. 120 ortg.. 29.1 PER.. 0.274 ws/48.. 9.0 bpm
Kareem (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/abdulka01.html#1970-1982-sum:per_game):. 27.8 ppg.. 59.0 ts.. 25.1 usg.. 118 ortg.. 26.5 PER.. 0.255 ws/48.. 7.9 bpm

PLAYOFFS

Jordan (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html#all_playoffs_advanced):.. 33.5 ppg.. 56.8 ts.. 35.6 usg.. 118 ortg.. 28.6 PER.. 0.255 ws/48.. 10.1 bpm
Kareem (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/abdulka01.html#1970-1982-sum:playoffs_advanced):. 29.1 ppg.. 56.7 ts.. 26.1 usg.. 118 ortg.. 25.8 PER.. 0.232 ws/48.... 8.7 bpm

FINALS

Jordan:.. 33.5 ppg.. 6 fmvp
Kareem:. 26.0 ppg.. 2 fmvp

SUMMARY - jordan has a massive statistical and winning edge over kareem.. this is despite Kareem not winning much in the 70's and playing for himself, while MJ was restricted by a winning system and brand of ball

(rebounds/blocks and assists/steals are positions-dependant and omitted from the stats above)

3ball
03-24-2019, 03:51 PM
Cant say Ive ever seen a worse tier system. Phoenix at least posted something good but yours I mean sheesh did you try to make the worst one possible to troll?
There's no tiers

Only MJ has goat level rings, goat stats, and accolades - all as top dog

Only MJ

SpaceJam2
03-24-2019, 03:56 PM
I'm trying to procure a quick recap here. So far I've got

LeBron
#1 points
#1 game winners
#1 elimination game ppg
#1 steals
#1 competition
#1 Finals GmScore
#1 Finals 3 game-stretch GmScore

Jordan
#2 points
#2 game winners
#3 elimination game ppg
#2 steals
#20 competition
#6 Finals GmScore
#2 Finals 3 game-stretch GmScore

So what are we debating at this point? Whether MJ is still top 5? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

3ball
03-24-2019, 04:10 PM

LeBron
#1 points per game is the real record

#1 steals per game is the real record

#1 game winners per game is the real record... and also Finals clutch shots (lebron has 0, MJ has 4)... and must include game-tie'ers and overall clutch stats, where MJ beats Bron handily.. :confusedshrug:

#1 elimination game ppg lebron went 7 with weak teams

#1 competition MJ beat better teams, i.e. b2b champs, Shaq/Duncan killers.. who did GSW beat? (nobody - weakest comp ever for a dynasty)

#1 Finals GmScore MJ has the highest gamescore ever for a Finals series, so he wins Finals series easier than lebron does

#1 Finals 3 game-stretch GmScore - MJ has the highest gamescore ever for a Finals series, so he wins Finals series easier than lebron does

:crazysam:

felt like using a different emoji

SamuraiSWISH
03-24-2019, 04:36 PM
There's no tiers

Only MJ has goat level rings, goat stats, and accolades - all as top dog

Only MJ
Well, this ...

egokiller
03-24-2019, 04:41 PM
They'd be left wondering what his legacy would look like if he had shown up for 2011 finals, hadn't driven Kyrie away, and hadn't lost the FMVP to dudes playing his position as much as he won it.

:roll:

OP once again showing his insecurity over having to settle for watching mediocrity instead of being one of the real fans who enjoyed watching MJ dominate the sport properly in the form of 6/6, rather than some wannabe 3/9 bullshit. :oldlol:

Another day
Another win

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

TheCorporation
03-24-2019, 05:00 PM

OP once again showing his insecurity over having to settle for watching mediocrity instead of being one of the real fans who enjoyed watching MJ dominate the sport properly in the form of 6/6, rather than some wannabe 3/9 bullshit. :oldlol:

Another day
Another win

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Onthce again thowing his inthecuritys over having to thettle

MJistheGOAT
03-25-2019, 11:25 AM
Onthce again thowing his inthecuritys over having to thettle

Are you one of Simon's alts???

I saw one really good post by you in the Giannis vs Harden thread, but all the rest is just LeStanning trolling.

Why??

SpaceJam2
04-29-2019, 09:59 PM

LeBron
#1 points
#1 game winners
#1 elimination game ppg
#1 steals
#1 competition
#1 Finals GmScore

Jordan
#2 points
#2 game winners
#3 elimination game ppg
#2 steals
#20 competition
#6 Finals GmScore

So what are we debating at this point? Whether MJ is still top 5? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Anyone?

Leviathon1121
04-30-2019, 11:09 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarankalltime/greatest-players-ever
Anyone?

SpaceJam2
04-30-2019, 11:48 AM

LeBron
#1 points
#1 game winners
#1 elimination game ppg
#1 steals
#1 competition
#1 Finals GmScore

Jordan
#2 points
#2 game winners
#3 elimination game ppg
#2 steals
#20 competition
#6 Finals GmScore

ANYONE ?

LostCause
04-30-2019, 12:54 PM
:crazysam:

felt like using a different emoji

:biggums: Gamewinners per game?