ImKobe
02-19-2019, 12:31 PM
Kobe missed the Playoffs...

bigkingsfan
02-19-2019, 12:32 PM
Back in 2015, then 2016 happened.

jstern
02-19-2019, 12:33 PM
When I was more pro Lebron than Kobe I always founded interesting that most players, past and present almost always seemed to pick Kobe as the better one. I mean, look at Lebron's stats, FG%. And that made me realize that there's more to it than stats, and that I have to dig deeper for the answer. This was starting back during the 2010 Finals, seeing how much Van Gundy praised Kobe. I continued defending Lebron the following years because of the Kobe stans at the time, but I knew there was more to it than stats. Obviously I'm still a Lebron fan, but I realize that there are major flaws to his game that his "stats" cover up.

AirTupac
02-19-2019, 12:41 PM
When I was more pro Lebron than Kobe I always founded interesting that most players, past and present almost always seemed to pick Kobe as the better one. I mean, look at Lebron's stats, FG%. And that made me realize that there's more to it than stats, and that I have to dig deeper for the answer. This was starting back during the 2010 Finals, seeing how much Van Gundy praised Kobe. I continued defending Lebron the following years because of the Kobe stans at the time, but I knew there was more to it than stats. Obviously I'm still a Lebron fan, but I realize that there are major flaws to his game that his "stats" cover up.

Actually a profound post. You hit the nail on the head with this one. LeBrons an all time great but the stats aspect really does cloud things up in this conversation.

AirTupac
02-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Back in 2015, then 2016 happened.

Its funny how some dweeb like yourself thinks hes right and not.... Pippen, Bird..... Wade.... etc.

Sure nerd. You believe your myth.

superduper
02-19-2019, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE]

AirTupac
02-19-2019, 12:50 PM
This Wade guy has absolutely no idea what basketball is, quick, someone show him basketballreference.com and FG% ASAP!! :facepalm :facepalm

BU BU BU HIS FG AND STATS.

game3524
02-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Most former players think Kobe is better then LeBron.

This is one reason why LeBron's GOAT argument is a joke. How can you be the GOAT when the majority of your own peers don't see you that way? For example, look how many former players say Brady is the GOAT.

superduper
02-19-2019, 01:01 PM
BU BU BU HIS FG AND STATS.

FEEEEEEEEELLLDDDDD GOLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :cry: :cry:

k0kakw0rld
02-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Most former players think Kobe is better then LeBron.

This is one reason why LeBron's GOAT argument is a joke. How can you be the GOAT when the majority of your own peers don't see you that way? For example, look how many former players say Brady is the GOAT.
https://thegamedayreport.com/d-wade-kobe-is-the-greatest-player-of-our-era/

Link date: November 2015 :applause:

Batman flew and snatched that title away from Kobe since the 2016 NBA FINALS. Being down 1-3 vs the greatest team ever assembled until this year happened with DMC, Durant, Curry Klay and Green.

G0ATbe
02-19-2019, 02:07 PM
He said this years ago.

2018 quote from Wade on LeBron:

“He’s one of the game’s greatest players. Arguably the greatest,” Wade said of James, “I favor Michael Jordan. … So it’s one and two of the greatest players of all time and I get an opportunity to play against one of them.”

No mention of Kobe:confusedshrug:

FreezingTsmoove
02-19-2019, 02:08 PM
Another one...

In the Last week alone the entire city of Atlanta, 6x champion Scottie Pip, and now 3x champion D Wade have all said Kobe > Bran... but I should listen to the opinion of BigKingsFan and Simon Alts??....

Give it a break guys... its consensus at this point

Rudeboy3
02-19-2019, 02:17 PM
so did lebron in his first 2 seasons and just like how he's going to do so again this season :yaohappy:

FKAri
02-19-2019, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=G0ATbe]2018 quote from Wade on LeBron:

Haymaker
02-19-2019, 02:19 PM
It's hard to define Kobe's era. After MJ, it was clearly Shaq's reign, but it didn't last long. At the same time, you had Duncan dominating here and there without the impressive numbers but with consistency and winning titles. Then we had a young Kobe trying to prove himself as worthy without having Shaq there but what we only got was a string of impressive individual performances without affecting the W column. Which led to the Kobe/Pau years, earning them two titles but again, it fell quickly after that and the rest is all about Kobe's decline. It was a competitive time in the West and Kobe surely shined and at some point became the best individual player in the league but there's hardly an "era" as a well defined time frame. We also forgot AI's short reign too. Kobe carried MJ's torch as well as anybody could, and nobody can take that away from him though.

sammichoffate
02-19-2019, 02:39 PM
It's hard to define Kobe's era. After MJ, it was clearly Shaq's reign, but it didn't last long. At the same time, you had Duncan dominating here and there without the impressive numbers but with consistency and winning titles. Then we had a young Kobe trying to prove himself as worthy without having Shaq there but what we only got was a string of impressive individual performances without affecting the W column. Which led to the Kobe/Pau years, earning them two titles but again, it fell quickly after that and the rest is all about Kobe's decline. It was a competitive time in the West and Kobe surely shined and at some point became the best individual player in the league but there's hardly an "era" as a well defined time frame. We also forgot AI's short reign too. Kobe carried MJ's torch as well as anybody could, and nobody can take that away from him though.So you're saying LeBron is the Shaq of this era while Steph and KD dominated the rest?

k0kakw0rld
02-19-2019, 02:48 PM
Another one...

In the Last week alone the entire city of Atlanta, 6x champion Scottie Pip, and now 3x champion D Wade have all said Kobe > Bran... but I should listen to the opinion of BigKingsFan and Simon Alts??....

Give it a break guys... its consensus at this point
You ignore people's post on purpose. You are an idiot and not to be taken seriously.

stupid OP comes with a 2015 post. The poster above you, brings a more recent quote but you choose to ignore it.

YOU ARE SUCH AN IMBECILE.

AirTupac
02-19-2019, 02:58 PM
Why would Wade keep mentioning Kobe in questions asked about LeBron and Mj? Are you guys retarded???

Pippen - Kobe > LeBron
Bird - Easily Kobe (his words)
Wade (LBJ's best friend) - Kobe is the GOAT of our era

etc.

kennethgriffen
02-19-2019, 03:02 PM

kobe never missed the playoffs in a healthy year or with a 2nd allstar

lebron missed the playoffs TWICE while healthy and TWICE with an allstar 7 footer as his sidekick

in the east

superduper
02-19-2019, 03:03 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ofSBs4Q1f8Q4aRFkc/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/3ofSBs4Q1f8Q4aRFkc/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/3ofSBs4Q1f8Q4aRFkc/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/3ofSBs4Q1f8Q4aRFkc/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/3ofSBs4Q1f8Q4aRFkc/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/3ofSBs4Q1f8Q4aRFkc/giphy.gif

No Sir
02-19-2019, 04:02 PM
He said this years ago.

2018 quote from Wade on LeBron:

“He’s one of the game’s greatest players. Arguably the greatest,” Wade said of James, “I favor Michael Jordan. … So it’s one and two of the greatest players of all time and I get an opportunity to play against one of them.”

No mention of Kobe:confusedshrug:
Mission failed:oldlol:. poor OP

AirTupac
02-19-2019, 04:07 PM
Mission failed:oldlol:. poor OP

Listen alt boy....Why would Wade keep mentioning Kobe in questions asked about LeBron and Mj? Are you guys retarded???

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Wade aka LeBrons best friend thinks Kobe >>>> Him

FKAri
02-19-2019, 04:08 PM
Listen alt boy....Why would Wade keep mentioning Kobe in questions asked about LeBron and Mj? Are you guys retarded???

In what way? Because in basketball Wade said MJ and Bran are 1 and 2.

No Sir
02-19-2019, 04:09 PM

If your reading comprehension were past elementary school level you'd understand he literally said mj and lebron are #1 and #2. Now....why would he say that if Kobe>>>>Him?:roll: :roll:

AirTupac
02-19-2019, 04:10 PM
So did you guys ignore the comment where he said even after playing LBJ. Kobe is the GOAT of the era? LOL retards man.

No Sir
02-19-2019, 04:11 PM
So did you guys ignore the comment where he said even after playing LBJ. Kobe is the GOAT of the era? LOL retards man.
He said that 3 years prior to calling lebron #2 all time. You're grasping at straws boy, knock it off:oldlol:

AirTupac
02-19-2019, 04:13 PM
Do you expect Wade to regurgitate something he's already said recently? WTF LOL what a retard you are.

bladefd
02-19-2019, 06:39 PM
It's hard to define Kobe's era. After MJ, it was clearly Shaq's reign, but it didn't last long. At the same time, you had Duncan dominating here and there without the impressive numbers but with consistency and winning titles. Then we had a young Kobe trying to prove himself as worthy without having Shaq there but what we only got was a string of impressive individual performances without affecting the W column. Which led to the Kobe/Pau years, earning them two titles but again, it fell quickly after that and the rest is all about Kobe's decline. It was a competitive time in the West and Kobe surely shined and at some point became the best individual player in the league but there's hardly an "era" as a well defined time frame. We also forgot AI's short reign too. Kobe carried MJ's torch as well as anybody could, and nobody can take that away from him though.

That's a very good point.

If we consider the 2000s, there is no clear-cut dominant presence across the 10 years but TD. Only Tim Duncan was dominant across all 10yrs and winning at same time. Shaq was early 4-5 years, KG was dominant across the decade but not winning games until 08, Kobe was dominant across the decade but had few years in between where he was losing badly, Dirk was up and down, Nash was dominant for middle 4-5yrs, LeBron didn't truly take off until the 2010s..

Duncan would probably be the greatest player from start at 1999-2000 to 2009-2010 season. He was winning games and dominating games whenever his number was called on a consistent basis on both ends of the court. He was a stable leader, self-less, and well-respected by all of his peers from day 1. I would say he was the greatest player of our era from post-MJ to the LeBron rise to greatness in 2010s.

AirTupac
02-19-2019, 07:13 PM

If we consider the 2000s, there is no clear-cut dominant presence across the 10 years but TD. Only Tim Duncan was dominant across all 10yrs and winning at same time. Shaq was early 4-5 years, KG was dominant across the decade but not winning games until 08, Kobe was dominant across the decade but had few years in between where he was losing badly, Dirk was up and down, Nash was dominant for middle 4-5yrs, LeBron didn't truly take off until the 2010s..

Duncan would probably be the greatest player from start at 1999-2000 to 2009-2010 season. He was winning games and dominating games whenever his number was called on a consistent basis on both ends of the court. He was a stable leader, self-less, and well-respected by all of his peers from day 1. I would say he was the greatest player of our era from post-MJ to the LeBron rise to greatness in 2010s.

Lol you couldnt be more wrong bro.

ImKobe
02-19-2019, 07:26 PM

"dominant"

Kobe averaged 29/6/5 from 00-10 and beat Duncan 4 - 1 H2H, even beat Duncan in 5 games despite having a much worse team. Heck, Duncan took less shots, played on better teams and was a big man, yet Kobe had a higher TS% for that decade.

5 rings vs. 3. Kobe also dominated the polls

http://www.nba.com/alldecade/vote13/

54% for Kobe vs. 8% for Duncan :roll:

Mr.GOAT2408
02-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Someone out here saying TD was the dominant player of the 2000s? The real MVP of the Spurs has always been Popovich, Kobe could have won 7+ rings playing for the Spurs, would have actually repeated as well :lol Too bad Lakers management has been trash since West left

But hey, people are entitled to trash opinions like Duncan being better than Shaq and especially Kobe :roll:

Anyway, outdated quote and Wade has had a different tune recently but LeBron is his best friend so he gets a pass. It was true at the time and to those who can properly evalauate basketball it's still true