PDA

View Full Version : How come the Knicks haven't landed a major free agent in 20+ years

Manny98
02-19-2019, 03:54 PM
Knicks fans keep telling us that they are going to get every major free agent but nothing has happened

I thought they were going to get LeBron in 2010 :confusedshrug:

I thought they were going to get KD in 2016 :confusedshrug:

Why is this free agency going to be different?

imdaman99
02-19-2019, 03:56 PM
I'm the 1st poster in this thread

Marchesk
02-19-2019, 03:57 PM
I'm the fourth poster in this thread.

FKAri
02-19-2019, 04:07 PM
I'm the only poster in this thread.

Manny98
02-19-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm the 1st poster in this thread
Your not getting KD or Kyrie or even Zion just accept it you delusional idiot :oldlol:

EllEffEll
02-19-2019, 04:16 PM
It's a bit of a symbiotic relationship between the team and the free agents that allows it to continue, and flourish even.

The free agent and their representatives insinuate that the Knicks are 'on the list' of their preferred destinations, thereby leveraging the possibility of them getting a major market max contract in order to get the team they really want to go to to offer a better deal.

In return, the Knicks are able to fleece their supporters (fans, sponsors, TV rights, etc.) for more money because they may be the place where the superstar ends up playing.

In spite of the Knicks being (arguably?) considered the most valuable franchise in the league, they are likely not the preferred destination of any of the top tier FA's because they do not have confidence in the owner/front office and management being able to put a team on the court that is a serious threat to win a championship any time soon.

Add a somewhat entitled fan-base into the mix and it just doesn't sound like a great place to be relative to actually being on a team that has a (perceived) real shot at winning a championship.

I think that a change in the owner/front office and management is likely what is needed for the needle to move in a good direction for the franchise and their fans.

It's basically the same thing that plagued the Lakers during the Jim Buss era, and aside from the signing of LeBron, may still be simmering among top tier FA's.

JMHO.

sammichoffate
02-19-2019, 04:16 PM
OP is a ph@ggot, but to answer his question they got Amare Stoudamire in 2010.

Manny98
02-19-2019, 04:26 PM
OP is a ph@ggot, but to answer his question they got Amare Stoudamire in 2010.
Who are you old bitch? Go drown in dogshit or something :oldlol:

Knicksfever2010
02-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Knicks fans keep telling us that they are going to get every major free agent but nothing has happened

I thought they were going to get LeBron in 2010 :confusedshrug:

I thought they were going to get KD in 2016 :confusedshrug:

Why is this free agency going to be different?

Why do you care so much?? Obsessed much???

Manny98
02-19-2019, 04:42 PM
Why do you care so much?? Obsessed much???
I just find it fascinating how delusional Knicks fans are :lol

Knicksfever2010
02-19-2019, 04:50 PM
I just find it fascinating how delusional Knicks fans are :lol

I think the word you're looking for is jealous not fascinating. You're mad jealous that nobody is talking about any big time players going to the Nets

Manny98
02-19-2019, 04:59 PM
I think the word you're looking for is jealous not fascinating. You're mad jealous that nobody is talking about any big time players going to the Nets
Why would I be jealous of such a joke of a franchise that has not been relevant in 25+ years :roll: :roll: :roll:

Spurs m8
02-19-2019, 05:02 PM
Same reason you haven't left the basement.....incapable

Knicksfever2010
02-19-2019, 05:11 PM
Why would I be jealous of such a joke of a franchise that has not been relevant in 25+ years :roll: :roll: :roll:

Because you keep talking about them all the time

jstern
02-19-2019, 05:16 PM
If I could change one thing about this site are the moronic why threads. "Why does player x only average 6 assists instead of 7?" "How come player x only has 8 All Star appearances?" And so on.

I guess because it makes who ever is starting the thread sounds as stupid as a 4 year old asking simple no real answer questions. Like, "Why is that car red? Why not blue?" "Why do dogs bark?"

The problem is that these are grown people wasting their life purposely trying to sound stupid on a basketball forum.

Manny98
02-19-2019, 05:19 PM
If I could change one thing about this site are the moronic why threads. "Why does player x only average 6 assists instead of 7?" "How come player x only has 8 All Star appearances?" And so on.

I guess because it makes who ever is starting the thread sounds as stupid as a 4 year old asking simple no real answer questions. Like, "Why is that car red? Why not blue?" "Why do dogs bark?"

The problem is that these are grown people wasting their life purposely trying to sound stupid on a basketball forum.
Are you going to answer my question or not?

If not gtfo my thread you whiny bitch

Kblaze8855
02-19-2019, 05:36 PM
The Knicks have a remarkable rate of striking out on all their big moves. Free agents...trades...whatever. The Knicks post Ewing have given up the #2 pick, 2 #6 picks, a #9 and a #7 in various deals im sure felt like big splashes at the time. And thats not all. Im only telling you the top 10 picks. They have up more lottery picks like #12. Gave up a #16. But just sticking to high lottery picks? They could have saved those picks and drafted like 5-6 all stars without even counting late draft steals. They could have drafted Paul George, Jamal Murray, Lamarcus Aldridge, Gordon Hayward and others.

They did get Amare in free agency...which was nice...but they got him when he was nearly done. They could have just drafted him but they traded the 7th pick for Antonio Mcdyess fresh off missing TWO seasons with a blown out knee. Then Amare goes #9. They could have just drafted Amare instead of trading their pick for an already washed up Mcdyess.

Knicks have been swinging for the fences and coming up all air for 20 years.

If they dont come out of this with a major and I mean MAJOR superteam they have to quit with the overnight fixes and build a ****ing team the old way. Draft a bunch of players and see how they pan out. No massive moves to make waves. Just wait it out. They trade away superteams just by having no patience.

smoovegittar
02-19-2019, 06:14 PM
My, how rattled you are over Knicks having all those picks and promising things to come. Making posts EVERY day about how NYC can't do this or that.

Question for yourself is why the Knicks get more attention than fun size Nets. Knicks could suck another 25 years and they'd still get more consideration than New Jersey. Oops, I mean Brooklyn :D

And1AllDay
02-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Your not getting KD or Kyrie or even Zion just accept it you delusional idiot :oldlol:

:roll: :roll:

And1AllDay
02-19-2019, 06:20 PM

"Why is J Stern a whiny grumpy binch?"

Better?

Celtics 1825
02-19-2019, 06:59 PM
Manny got the dumbass Knicks fans on a leash :roll:

Knicksfever2010
02-19-2019, 07:10 PM
Manny got the dumbass Knicks fans on a leash :roll:

you mad scared bruh

Celtics 1825
02-19-2019, 07:11 PM
you mad scared bruh
Scared of the KNICKS??? Cmon :oldlol:

Y'all can keep dreaming about this KD and Kyrie thing but it ain't happening.

smoovegittar
02-19-2019, 07:15 PM
The Knicks have a remarkable rate of striking out on all their big moves. Free agents...trades...whatever. The Knicks post Ewing have given up the #2 pick, 2 #6 picks, a #9 and a #7 in various deals im sure felt like big splashes at the time. And thats not all. Im only telling you the top 10 picks. They have up more lottery picks like #12. Gave up a #16. But just sticking to high lottery picks? They could have saved those picks and drafted like 5-6 all stars without even counting late draft steals. They could have drafted Paul George, Jamal Murray, Lamarcus Aldridge, Gordon Hayward and others.

They did get Amare in free agency...which was nice...but they got him when he was nearly done. They could have just drafted him but they traded the 7th pick for Antonio Mcdyess fresh off missing TWO seasons with a blown out knee. Then Amare goes #9. They could have just drafted Amare instead of trading their pick for an already washed up Mcdyess.

Knicks have been swinging for the fences and coming up all air for 20 years.

If they dont come out of this with a major and I mean MAJOR superteam they have to quit with the overnight fixes and build a ****ing team the old way. Draft a bunch of players and see how they pan out. No massive moves to make waves. Just wait it out. They trade away superteams just by having no patience.

2 things.

1.) James Dolan is not directly involved in basketball operations any longer.
2.) Scott Perry has done everything right up to this point in time. From what I've been observing, this season has not been a "quick fix". I'd like to think that if we cannot lure any big free agents here, they will continue with the re-build. I feel the percentage of landing KD and Walker/Irving is unlikely.

My only worry is that "teflon" Steve Mills is still on the scene. Time will tell what will happen, but this does not feel like "same old Knicks". Same old Knicks would probably not have given up on Porzingis.

Manny98
02-19-2019, 07:24 PM
My, how rattled you are over Knicks having all those picks and promising things to come. Making posts EVERY day about how NYC can't do this or that.

Question for yourself is why the Knicks get more attention than fun size Nets. Knicks could suck another 25 years and they'd still get more consideration than New Jersey. Oops, I mean Brooklyn :D
Nets have had MUCH more success the past 20 years than the Knicks

Kyrie and other upcoming free agents have openly stated they rather play for the Nets. We actually have are shit together unlike the crappy Knicks :roll:

E_Stamkos
02-19-2019, 07:36 PM
How come OP has jumped ship more times than his mom jumps c0cks.

Goes from being a Cavs fan, to a Rockets fan, to a Nets fan all within the same year. Yet hasn't been to or quite frankly knows anything about either city.

Such a tool lol

smoovegittar
02-19-2019, 07:40 PM

Kyrie and other upcoming free agents have openly stated they rather play for the Nets. We actually have are shit together unlike the crappy Knicks :roll:

Remind me how many championships Brooklyn has won in those 20 years again. How many picks did you give up for KG and Pierce? Yeah, Nets have a better winning record. And that's about it. In a few months, we'll see how many big names your team will sign. The real story is, Brooklyn will always play under Manhattan's shadow. But by all means, don't stop the troll posts coming.......

Manny98
02-19-2019, 07:40 PM

Goes from being a Cavs fan, to a Rockets fan, to a Nets fan all within the same year. Yet hasn't been to or quite frankly knows anything about either city.

Such a tool lol
I was a LeBron fan idgaf about the Cavs

Rockets? I'd never support a team that has Frauden on it :roll: :roll: :roll:

Enjoy losing in the 2nd round btw

Knicksfever2010
02-19-2019, 07:53 PM

Please tell me the last BIG NAME free agent to sign with the Nets?

E_Stamkos
02-19-2019, 07:55 PM
Please tell me the last BIG NAME free agent to sign with the Nets?

Easy.

Manny98

When they acquired his Filipino fandom from the Houston Rockets. He's been the hottest journeyman fan in the game since time. He brings with him zero travel experience, a barren comprehension of their city and a microscopic dick.

MrFonzworth
02-19-2019, 07:58 PM

Such a tool lol
He started with the Rockets, went to the Cavs, then to Philly, back to Cavs, then the Knicks and finally Brooklyn.

E_Stamkos
02-19-2019, 07:59 PM
He started with the Rockets, went to the Cavs, then to Philly, back to Cavs, then the Knicks and finally Brooklyn.

What a little wh0re

I love him

bison
02-19-2019, 08:04 PM

Starting thread titles with

Manny98
02-19-2019, 08:05 PM
Philly lol stop lying i'd never support such an irrelevant franchise :oldlol:

And1AllDay
02-19-2019, 08:09 PM

Mr Fonz is a joke

Draz
02-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Idk what's up with the fascination with the knicks from nets fans. I don't think any knicks fan care about the nets or their organization. I'm from the city and don't know a single nets fan. At least, not die hard, just casual fans whose main sports are hockey or some shit tbh..

I also think terrible knicks fans have a lot to do with the hate our team gets. Threads like this are caused because of some idiot. If we get a proper free agent we get it. If we don't, we don't. There are other teams shitting on their fans right now.

imdaman99
02-19-2019, 08:21 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/4qj0yd.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/bi6wq0.jpg

Normally I wouldn't care but OP is such a piece of shit. We need less of his garbage on this forum.

Manny98
02-19-2019, 08:25 PM
^ I was obviously trolling in that screenshot :oldlol:

**** the Knicks

And lol at Loney being a New Yorker yet sucks Hardens c0ck 24/7

smoovegittar
02-19-2019, 08:25 PM
Well, I'd consider this getting crushed. Another day at the office in here -

bison
02-19-2019, 09:43 PM

Normally I wouldn't care but OP is such a piece of shit. We need less of his garbage on this forum.

https://media.tenor.com/images/49ecb3a0990a4896a0690bde60f06147/tenor.gif

E_Stamkos
02-19-2019, 09:55 PM

Lolololololololololol

This kid kills me. Everything about him is so insidehoops

Manny98
08-29-2019, 04:48 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

insidehoops
09-28-2019, 05:27 AM
:eek:

Manny98
12-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Anyone?

imdaman99
12-27-2019, 02:02 PM
Losers would be trolling the Knicks even if they got Zion, kd and Kyrie because none of these fools are even playing. OP still butthurt getting locked up by the Knicks. Lowest amount of 2pt FGs since the stone ages :roll:

Draz
12-27-2019, 03:38 PM
Good luck paying Durant contract until he retires on the bench for yall

ImKobe
12-27-2019, 03:42 PM
Losers would be trolling the Knicks even if they got Zion, kd and Kyrie because none of these fools are even playing. OP still butthurt getting locked up by the Knicks. Lowest amount of 2pt FGs since the stone ages :roll:

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 03:43 PM
negative karmic energies have turned the knicks into the leagues twilight zone.

warriorfan
12-27-2019, 03:48 PM
James Dolan.

LoneyROY7
12-27-2019, 04:06 PM
There's simply a great divide between NBA players and Knicks ownership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q330AOycYk

Manny98
12-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Julius Randle :roll: :roll: :roll: