PDA

View Full Version : Embiid says MJ nor LeBron is the GOAT

Hey Yo
02-20-2019, 12:12 PM
"When it comes to the discussion of who

3ball
02-20-2019, 12:18 PM
Humans need to learn to differentiate between stats and basketball

If a player can't get his stats in a winning framework, then the stats are useless and the player's skill suboptimal (for not getting those stats with great teamwork)

Only MJ got wilt-like stats while winning (goat PPG, goat PER and win shares, goat +/-, goat combo of usage/ortg, etc)

FKAri
02-20-2019, 12:30 PM
Humans need to learn to differentiate between stats and basketball

If a player can't get his stats in a winning framework, then the stats are useless and the player's skill suboptimal (for not getting those stats with great teamwork)

Only MJ got wilt-like stats while winning (goat PPG, goat PER and win shares, goat +/-, goat combo of usage/ortg, etc)
Wilt, quite frankly, didn't give a ****. Basketball was his ticket to fame and fortune. And back then that only got your foot in the door. Once it was there, he wanted to shed the social stigma of being a black athlete. I don't blame him. Basketball wasn't exactly forefront in the 60's.

Then you had Bill Russell and Red Auerbach who were like the guys at the pool party taking water polo too seriously. All the while Wilt was socializing and making actual connections with people. Who the **** knew a few decades later that water polo would become a big ****ing deal to some people.

kennethgriffen
wilt would have been the goat had he not choked so damn much

then maybe i'd give him a pass for losing in the finals vs the insanely stacked celtics. but his numbers would go from like 25-30ppg down to 13ppg-15ppg or some shit

kareem is the goat basketball player. he dominated highschool, college and had the most accomplished nba career

nobody played at a finals mvp level for as long as he did

ronniec
At least he has his criteria.
100 point game, records.

Not necessarily agree, but I respect his opinion.

Hey Yo
02-20-2019, 12:48 PM

then maybe i'd give him a pass for losing in the finals vs the insanely stacked celtics. but his numbers would go from like 25-30ppg down to 13ppg-15ppg or some shit

kareem is the goat basketball player. he dominated highschool, college and had the most accomplished nba career

Kareem missed the NBA playoffs in B2B years in his prime. Why give him a pass yet rip a guy who might miss for the first time in like 14yrs, in his 16th season?

kennethgriffen
02-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Kareem missed the NBA playoffs in B2B years in his prime. Why give him a pass yet rip a guy who might miss for the first time in like 14yrs, in his 16th season?

goodrich was the only other good player on those teams

they were horrendous ... worse than the current lakers minus lebron

bigs can't bring the ball up the court. they're finishers. not initiators

they're more reliant on others like 3ball says. but kareem is still the most valuable centerpiece for a winning ball club for a 30 year span ( highschool/college/pro's )

Hey Yo
02-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Doesn't matter how good the team was. Kareem choked in B2B years smack dab in the middle of the worst decade of the NBA.

Sorry but, Kareem can't be the GOAT because of that.

kennethgriffen
02-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Doesn't matter how good the team was. Kareem choked in B2B years smack dab in the middle of the worst decade of the NBA.

Sorry but, Kareem can't be the GOAT because of that.

yes it does

for any all time great you need at least a somewhat adequate roster to make the playoffs

a good roster to win in the playoffs

a really good roster to compete for titles

Asukal
02-20-2019, 01:46 PM

2 FMVP's and Magic Johnson, Kareem is NOT the GOAT. :hammerhead: :lol :roll:

superduper
02-20-2019, 01:51 PM
Wait....... people actually think Bran's the GOAT? :wtf:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffen
02-20-2019, 02:14 PM
2 FMVP's and Magic Johnson, Kareem is NOT the GOAT. :hammerhead: :lol :roll:

magic is the one thats overrated. his entire game was built on passing it to kareem/worthy/wilkes/mcadoo

magic couldn't play a lick of defense and would just funnel guys into kareem

305Baller
02-20-2019, 02:15 PM

I agree with you for the most part although Jordan's dual threepeats put him over the top for me. Kareem #2.

Gus Hemmingway
02-20-2019, 02:15 PM
poor Kobe, always left out of every goat debate

12 it is :lol

FireDavidKahn
02-20-2019, 02:16 PM
Bill Russell kicked Wilt's ass so many times. Wilt is 1-7 against Bill in the play offs.

Bill literally made Wilt demand a trade to a superteam to he'd at least have a chance to make it to the Finals.

kennethgriffen
02-20-2019, 02:18 PM
poor Kobe, always left out of every goat debate

12 it is :lol

when is lebron ever part of a real goat debate. its only on national tv with guys like nick wright having those conversations

on ISH we only really talk about jordan/kareem seriously for this consideration

305Baller
02-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Bill Russell kicked Wilt's ass so many times. Wilt is 1-7 against Bill in the play offs.

Bill literally made Wilt demand a trade to a superteam to he'd at least have a chance to make it to the Finals.

Can the Celtics dynasty be taken seriously in modern basketball?

Manny98
02-20-2019, 02:22 PM
Of course a choker thinks a choker is the GOAT :roll: :roll: :roll:

FireDavidKahn
02-20-2019, 02:26 PM
Can the Celtics dynasty be taken seriously in modern basketball?
Whatever your opinion of the Celtics dynasty makes Wilt look even worse since he could only muster a 1-7 record against Bill in the play offs.

So if you think the Celtics dynastic was a joke compared to modern basketball by default you have to think Wilt was a joke.

Manny98
02-20-2019, 02:30 PM

Showtime80'
02-20-2019, 02:39 PM
Wilt's career was really summed up in the 3 year stretch of 1968 to 1970.

If he wins those 3 titles (like he should have) he has 5 titles, whips the Celtics and Bill Russell along with Willis Reed in back to back to back years plus all the astonishing records while never being labeled a soft choker. Solid case for top 1-3 right there.

Show's you what a few titles can do for you. Think of Adrian Dantley if he won 3 titles in a row from 88 to 90!

superduper
02-20-2019, 03:21 PM

Bran is literally 1/9 without the two biggest shots the history of the sport of basketball has ever seen from his teammates :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
02-20-2019, 04:11 PM
Embiid is a Center, I'm not surprised by his personal choice at all.

No one dominated the RS in any era the way Wilt did in his. Just look at his '67 championship run and tell me any other big has put up 7 triple-doubles or the rebounding numbers he did, god knows how many blocks he had, probably a few quadrouple doubles in there. As much shit as people have given Wilt for "choking" in the POs, he still has better PO numbers than Bill Russell.

aj1987
02-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Bran is literally 1/9 without the two biggest shots the history of the sport of basketball has ever seen from his teammates :roll: :roll:
Jordan is a first round career loser without Pippen. :roll: :roll: :roll:

SouBeachTalents
02-20-2019, 04:40 PM
Wilt's career was really summed up in the 3 year stretch of 1968 to 1970.

If he wins those 3 titles (like he should have) he has 5 titles, whips the Celtics and Bill Russell along with Willis Reed in back to back to back years plus all the astonishing records while never being labeled a soft choker. Solid case for top 1-3 right there.

Show's you what a few titles can do for you. Think of Adrian Dantley if he won 3 titles in a row from 88 to 90!
Dude was up 3-1 in the ECF in '68 with HCA, up 3-2 in the Finals in '69 with HCA, and had a Game 7 of the Finals in '70 matched up against a gimped Reed, and came away with ZERO titles :lol

Imo he doesn't deserve that much criticism for coming up short against the Russell Celtics early in his career on a clearly overmatched team, but to be in the position he was in those 3 seasons and not come away with a title even once, and losing THREE Game 7's in a row to end the season, is a horrendous mark on his resume

Skip_Bayless
02-20-2019, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]"When it comes to the discussion of who

AirFederer
02-20-2019, 05:03 PM
Ilt to da naww

SamuraiSWISH
02-20-2019, 07:46 PM
We all knew Embiid was stupid.

Ben Simmons 25
02-20-2019, 07:55 PM
Bill Russell is the GOAT.

Here is a clip of Wilt flat out stating as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46RutBTe-as&t=222

And Wilt was far from a humble guy... Wilt is one of the cockiest guys ever... and here he is saying Bill Russell is the GOAT.

Wilt with a high degree of introspection and reflection... respect.

hiphopanonymous
02-20-2019, 08:02 PM
Embiid follows my YouTube channel he

Big164
02-21-2019, 12:06 AM
Embiid is my Guy Now.

jongib369
02-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Embiid follows my YouTube channel he’s favorited at least two of my vids on his twitter. Smart man.
That's ****ing awesome, I'm jealous of that. You should make a video calling him out to do a Wilt finger roll in a game in honor of him. Make the video highlighting how he set it up, and the counters etc etc. Or to ask his coach to give him 63 attempts on the last game of the season :lol

Btw any projects in the works? I'm thinking about getting back into it eventually, but not as lazily done as before. When I have what I need to make them I'd want to make a Rick Barry, and Tiny Archibald video.

jongib369
02-21-2019, 08:30 AM
BTW Hippo, I think it's time you start making response videos

https://youtu.be/bpmmO7US4u0

r0drig0lac
02-21-2019, 09:40 AM
he's wrong about MJ, but ok