PDA

View Full Version : Hold up, Rockets are 3-0 against Warriors this year, and destroyed them with Paul?

ArbitraryWater
02-24-2019, 06:07 AM
And people still finna act like the Warriors are the 2018 Western/NBA Champs? :roll:

C'mon man.

Most obvious asterisk ever.

Spurs m8
02-24-2019, 06:08 AM
Ummmmmmm

72-10
02-24-2019, 08:39 AM
Watched Paul pick apart an overrated Warriors defense. Could you imagine if Paul had free reign the way he used to...

knicksman
02-24-2019, 09:40 AM
OP is a loser so its no surprise he spends his life trolling.

lilteapot
02-24-2019, 10:13 AM
OP is a loser so its no surprise he spends his life trolling.
:roll:

FireDavidKahn
02-24-2019, 10:33 AM
Rockets would have beat the Warriors last year if Paul didn't get injured.

LoneyROY7
02-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Rockets team and play-style is a problem for GS. That's just a fact.

And adding Cousins makes the Warriors even more susceptible against Houston. Watch out in the playoffs.

hold this L
02-24-2019, 10:39 AM
Rockets would have beat the Warriors last year if Paul didn't get injured.
Shouldn't you worry about your dumpster fire organization first? Warriors would have beat a healthy Rockets team like they were before Iggy got injured and missed the last 4 games.

And adding Cousins makes the Warriors even more susceptible against Houston. Watch out in the playoffs.
Unfortunately, this is true. I actually worry that Cousins will be the x factor of the series, for both teams. He can be someone that can help the Rockets more than the Warriors if they play in the playoffs. :facepalm

Loco 50
02-24-2019, 10:43 AM

Rockets are a lower i.q., more three ball dependent team than G.S. It would take a miracle of aberrant 3 pt makes to pull it off . Matter of fact, you already got that miracle in getting the series to game 7 last year, but couldn't seal the deal.

It was expected. Some guys find ways to win, some find ways to lose. It is the D'Antoni, Harden, Paul way. Bad enough to have one, but all 3? GG.

hold this L
02-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Rockets are a lower i.q., more three ball dependent team than G.S. It would take a miracle of aberrant 3 pt makes to pull it off . Matter of fact, you already got that miracle in getting the series to game 7 last year, but couldn't seal the deal.

It was expected. Some guys find ways to win, some find ways to lose. It is the D'Antoni, Harden, Paul way. Bad enough to have one, but all 3? GG.
The problem this year though as he said, Cousins evens the playing field. :facepalm Slow garbage ass defense, and you see him taking shots from Curry and KD. It was bad enough when Klay was doing it last PS, now there's two players doing it.

:coleman:

LoneyROY7
02-24-2019, 10:51 AM

It was a miracle that they got it to 7 games, and yet they are 3-0 against GS this year with 1 game without Paul and 1 without Harden.

Great take, champ! :oldlol: :oldlol:

Loco 50
02-24-2019, 10:51 AM
The problem this year though as he said, Cousins evens the playing field. :facepalm Slow garbage ass defense, and you see him taking shots from Curry and KD. It was bad enough when Klay was doing it last PS, now there's two players doing it.

:coleman:
Kerr is a smart guy, he's playing him in the guts of the season to see exactly what he's got. Guaransheed he flips the script when the games actually mean something.

Y'all have an entire season to dick around with line-ups, rest people, try new plays and sleepwalk when you feel like it.

I know. I'm a Spurs fan. This is straight from Pops playbook.

FireDavidKahn
02-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Shouldn't you worry about your dumpster fire organization first? Warriors would have beat a healthy Rockets team like they were before Iggy got injured and missed the last 4 games.

Unfortunately, this is true. I actually worry that Cousins will be the x factor of the series, for both teams. He can be someone that can help the Rockets more than the Warriors if they play in the playoffs. :facepalm
The ad hominem defense when you can't face reality:roll: :roll:

Loco 50
02-24-2019, 10:55 AM
It was a miracle that they got it to 7 games, and yet they are 3-0 against GS this year with 1 game without Paul and 1 without Harden.

Regular season. :oldlol:
3 time champs. :oldlol:
Bored as fvck. :oldlol:
Greater take, chump. Congrats on your impending regular season sweep though.

Good thing that last game is in March, because I guarantee you if that shit was in April or May you'd have a shellacking coming.

It's almost like this is your first season watching the NBA.

hold this L
02-24-2019, 10:56 AM

I have had your team as Warriors worst opponent even this season 2 months into the season. Rockets are much better than their record implies, still the 2nd best in the NBA and would wax those all 4 of those tough, "elite" Eastern teams. :lol

hold this L
02-24-2019, 10:57 AM
The ad hominem defense when you can't face reality:roll: :roll:
A counter argument more moronic than what Simon says while completely ignoring the actual point (Iggy). You've had your fun now. Time to let the grown up talks while you can slurp Lebron's juices from some other topic with another low iq post.

FireDavidKahn
02-24-2019, 11:23 AM
A counter argument more moronic than what Simon says while completely ignoring the actual point (Iggy). You've had your fun now. Time to let the grown up talks while you can slurp Lebron's juices from some other topic with another low iq post.
More ad hominems:roll: :roll: :roll:

LoneyROY7
02-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Regular season. :oldlol:
3 time champs. :oldlol:
Bored as fvck. :oldlol:
Greater take, chump. Congrats on your impending regular season sweep though.

Good thing that last game is in March, because I guarantee you if that shit was in April or May you'd have a shellacking coming.

In April or May? They JUST took them to 7 games in. the. playoffs.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Keep it up, you're making so much sense!

ImKobe
02-24-2019, 11:48 AM

Sure is a miracle

Harden from Games 2-7

38.6%FG 20.3% 3PT (11.3 3PA :biggums: )

Harden's 3PA - 3PM in wins: 3/15, 3/12, 0/11 :biggums:

LoneyROY7
02-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Sure is a miracle

Harden from Games 2-7

38.6%FG 20.3% 3PT (11.3 3PA :biggums: )

Harden's 3PA - 3PM in wins: 3/15, 3/12, 0/11 :biggums:

That's not a miracle, that's the Rockets style of play having a dramatic effect against Golden State regardless.

Which is exactly my point. :lol

tpols
02-24-2019, 12:06 PM
The rockets are the 5th seed rn with utah chomping on their heels. Theyll very likely have to go through a gauntlet, just to get to golden state and by then we dont no how chris fall will be, but if its like any other year he aint gonna be good enough to drop 23 w/ 17 dimes.

Akeem34TheDream
02-24-2019, 12:12 PM
The rockets are the 5th seed rn with utah chomping on their heels. Theyll very likely have to go through a gauntlet, just to get to golden state and by then we dont no how chris fall will be, but if its like any other year he aint gonna be good enough to drop 23 w/ 17 dimes.
But if they face GSW in 2nd round that would be great.

ArbitraryWater
02-24-2019, 12:47 PM
Everybody knows the Warriors didn't win the title last year or in 2015.

Lol at saying corpse Iggy would have been the difference, after years of telling us how much he fell off.

E_Stamkos
02-24-2019, 12:50 PM
Regular season :sleeping

The honourary ISH snitch misfiring as per usual.

hold this L
02-24-2019, 02:13 PM

Lol at saying corpse Iggy would have been the difference, after years of telling us how much he fell off.
The team was winning 2-1 until he went down. Stop with the :cry: , you've been melting down since that 1 trick pony Nadal got humiliated by the 2nd best tennis player of all time.

Walk on Water
02-24-2019, 02:13 PM

If they didn

imdaman99
02-24-2019, 02:54 PM
The team was winning 2-1 until he went down. Stop with the :cry: , you've been melting down since that 1 trick pony Nadal got humiliated by the 2nd best tennis player of all time.
Lol at bringing up Nadal. Once in a while the greatest will lose to the 2nd greatest, it happens. Besides, you know clay season is coming right? Man, you better shutyourfckup, ok?

Marchesk
02-24-2019, 02:59 PM

The Rockets are 8-5 versus Warriors over last 2 seasons. In the playoffs, they took the Warriors to 7 games, with terrible shooting in the 7th and injury to CP3 being a big reason they lost.

Last night the Warriors were supposedly highly motivated for revenge and angry that Harden wasn't playing. But they still lose at home.

This tells me the Rockets are actually a bad matchup for them.

Celtics 1825
02-24-2019, 03:11 PM
The Warriors coast in the regular season, we all know this by now. Come playoff time they'll beat the Rockets for sure. Plus we all know how Harden performs in the postseason.

stalkerforlife
02-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Cousins is detrimental defensively.

It'll be very interesting when these two face each other in the West finals again.

eliteballer
02-24-2019, 03:46 PM
Everyone thinks the Warriors are more stacked than they are..The Spurs won 67 games with a bunch of old men the same year they won 73.

It was a weak conference.

Klay and Green are are very good players, but the aren't and have never been stars.

They can be beat..

Loco 50
02-24-2019, 09:22 PM
The Rockets are 8-5 versus Warriors over last 2 seasons. In the playoffs, they took the Warriors to 7 games, with terrible shooting in the 7th and injury to CP3 being a big reason they lost.

Last night the Warriors were supposedly highly motivated for revenge and angry that Harden wasn't playing. But they still lose at home.

This tells me the Rockets are actually a bad match-up for them.
Players can say all the right things, but when it comes down to it, they're not going home for the season so it doesn't carry the same weight.

The team is assessing what they have in Boogie. They're trying to figure out what stretches and what match-ups will be optimal, if any. So they're discovering that he might be able to see the floor much against Houston. That's what the regular season is for.

I've watched too many seasons of basketball when Team B was now superior to Team A, because even though they lost last year in the playoffs, this year they swept 'em in the regular season. Playoffs approach. Team B gets waxed again. Time and time again.

Positively, what I'm hearing is maybe there is actually a reason to tune in this year since a Warriors championship is not a foregone conclusion.

Seems to me I've heard that before about the last team that was this dominant in the bulls though, so forgive my skepticism.

Loco 50
02-24-2019, 09:27 PM
Everyone thinks the Warriors are more stacked than they are..The Spurs won 67 games with a bunch of old men the same year they won 73.

It was a weak conference.

Klay and Green are are very good players, but the aren't and have never been stars.

They can be beat..
Popularity contests carry a lot more weight than they should here.

Can they be beat? Sure, trot out a team with comparable talent or at least a Detroit Pistonesque level of defensive focus.

Beat by the Rockets? The three point chucking, seven seconds or less, hand down, man down, I don't believe in coaching defense, ball pounding, foul baiting when the whistles tighten, because there are no 4's, ref dependent Rockets? :biggums: GTFOH

Young X
02-24-2019, 09:48 PM
Popularity contests carry a lot more weight than they should here.

Can they be beat? Sure, trot out a team with comparable talent or at least a Detroit Pistonesque level of defensive focus.

Beat by the Rockets? The three point chucking, seven seconds or less, hand down, man down, I don't believe in coaching defense, ball pounding, foul baiting when the whistles tighten, because there are no 4's, ref dependent Rockets? :biggums: GTFOHStupid post.

The three point chucking Rockets were the only team to even compete against the Warriors with Durant. Everybody else has gotten demolished.

Defensive focus? They held the Warriors to a 12 point 4th quarter in game 4 of the WCF last year in Golden State.

Loco 50
02-24-2019, 10:00 PM
Stupid post.

The three point chucking Rockets were the only team to even compete against the Warriors with Durant. Everybody else has gotten demolished.

Defensive focus? They held the Warriors to a 12 point 4th quarter in game 4 of the WCF last year in Golden State.
Rockets fan? Congrats, they got flamethrower hot from deep. Too bad it's a 7 game series and that last game almost singlehandedly reverted them to the mean.

Did they really hold the Warriors to 12 points in A 4th quarter of A game last year? That's impressive.

Where were those clamps down the stretch?

Or was it not reproducible?

Rocket fan. :oldlol: