PDA

View Full Version : imagine jordan going to the west in 1998 and missing the playoffs

kennethgriffen
02-25-2019, 10:37 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/zz%20Fantasy/Michael%20Jordan/6be7576e.jpg

https://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/2013/06/sas33.png

instead of hoisting a 5th nba mvp, a 6th nba title and 6th finals mvp

he instead hoists this

https://i.ibb.co/9vr5Mrq/Screen-Shot-2019-02-25-at-9-33-42-AM.png

and then announces space jam

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/mcJuJbEdP5rDgWO_a1MRSg--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/https://media.zenfs.com/en/variety.com/034caaf003e0c3b98f4d374ac229b58f

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/111/545/60e.jpg

:roll:

Dray n Klay
02-25-2019, 10:39 AM
Imagine 14th-15th season MJ missing the playoffs

Oh wait.. he did :roll:

Big164
02-25-2019, 10:50 AM
Both Mike and Chamberlain won Finals MVP at age 35.

Bron will be lucky to even make the Finals again.

kennethgriffen
02-25-2019, 10:52 AM
Imagine 14th-15th season MJ missing the playoffs

Oh wait.. he did :roll:

ok so if bird came back for a 14th season right now he should make the playoffs?

at a certain point age has something to do with it. mileage is only a 3rd of what makes someone decline

age+mileage+injuries

lebrons had no major injuries in his entire career and he's the same age as MJ when he played in 1998

thats more comparable than wizards MJ

kennethgriffen
02-25-2019, 10:55 AM
Both Mike and Chamberlain won Finals MVP at age 35.

Bron will be lucky to even make the Finals again.

kobe at the same age in his 16th season was 1st team all nba, 2nd team all defense and had his team in the 3rd seed with championship aspirations

Real14
02-25-2019, 10:56 AM
:oldlol:

FKAri
02-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Imagine thinking this bald phaggit is on LeGod's level :oldlol:

"I'm extremely competitive or at least that's what my employers told me to say in public. That's why once I they took my basketball away, I decided to rest on my laurels, stop pursuing anything, and just drink my life away in the Caribbean."

- Michael "manufactured star for the purposes of selling crappy plastic shoes" Jordan.

kennethgriffen
02-25-2019, 11:07 AM
Imagine thinking this bald phaggit is on LeGod's level :oldlol:

"I'm extremely competitive or at least that's what my employers told me to say in public. That's why once I they took my basketball away, I decided to rest on my laurels, stop pursuing anything, and just drink my life away in the Caribbean."

- Michael "manufactured star for the purposes of selling crappy plastic shoes" Jordan.

how can you still have this thought process

his 9 finals appearances are proven to be a leastern conference manifestation. his entire career was boosted playing in a fake league with a free trip to the finals where of course you can luck out a few... he should in reality be 1 for 9

he was never a legend and has always relied on teammates more than himself. he's a fraud and is being exposed right before our eyes

his entire career was built on narratives that are now officially proven FALSE

you can't have this opinion of the guy when we're watching his career go down the tubes right now. its impossible.

Manny98
02-25-2019, 11:08 AM
Imagine Kobe missing the playoffs in his absolute prime :roll:

kennethgriffen
02-25-2019, 11:11 AM

kobes career isn't built on phoney narratives to make up for a lack of accomplishments

his career isn't built on fake finals appearances being looked at as an accomplishment to make up for all the losses

i could argue with you about the circumstances but theres no point. kobe proved himself... its lebron who needs fairy tales to lean on

imagine someone bringing up the 8 straight finals appearances after this seasons over. it will never be brought up again. its over

Gus Hemmingway
02-25-2019, 11:14 AM

dudes career without Shaq was 90% getting bulldozed in 1st/2nd rounds and missing playoffs :oldlol:

FKAri
02-25-2019, 11:15 AM

his 9 finals appearances are proven to be a leastern conference manifestation. his entire career was boosted playing in a fake league with a free trip to the finals where of course you can luck out a few... he should in reality be 1 for 9

he was never a legend and has always relied on teammates more than himself. he's a fraud and is being exposed right before our eyes

you can't have this opinion of the guy when we're watching his career go down the tubes right now. its impossible.
What's impossible is you thinking that when things aren't going your way it's a narrative and when they are, it's reality. Not just that, but suggesting that the very same league that is "fake" is somehow able to internally prove what is and isn't fake.

Your options:
1. Lebron's the GOAT (of at least basketball but probably everything)
2. Lebron's the sole writer, director, and narrator of the entire NBA.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dray n Klay
02-25-2019, 11:16 AM
ok so if bird came back for a 14th season right now he should make the playoffs?

at a certain point age has something to do with it. mileage is only a 3rd of what makes someone decline

age+mileage+injuries

lebrons had no major injuries in his entire career and he's the same age as MJ when he played in 1998

thats more comparable than wizards MJ

How many minutes has LeBron played compared to MJ and Kobe

Wally450
02-25-2019, 11:16 AM
Imagine LeBron quitting in 2012 and 13 while in the middle of his prime?

LAmbruh
02-25-2019, 11:18 AM
imagine Kobe with Pau, Nash, Dwight, Artest having an identical record as current 2017 LAL summer team and Lebron :roll:

https://i.postimg.cc/D0WMtxSG/8852920-web1-bkn-vslfeature-jul17-17-bb-046.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCRysc7y/maxresdefault.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Indian guy
02-25-2019, 11:19 AM
Lakers' win % with LeBron would still be good enough for 6th seed in the West right now :confusedshrug:

6-12 derailed their season

kennethgriffen
02-25-2019, 11:19 AM
dudes career without Shaq was 90% getting bulldozed in 1st/2nd rounds and missing playoffs :oldlol:

thats what happens when you play in a real conference on a shit team

you don't get gifted free finals appearances every year and base your resume off of those finals L's as if they were some type of accomplishment

its over wheels. lebrons entire career is a leastern conference fairy tale

its fiction

you lose

imagine rolling into to a bar and parking next to a guy and striking up a debate... "lebron made 8 straight finals. jordan never made more than 3 straight"

other dude - "yeah well what happened when he went to the west you f*cking christopher reeve lookin b*tch"

https://www.magicmobility.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/3780-460x610.jpg

Gus Hemmingway
02-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Lakers' win % with LeBron would still be good enough for 6th seed in the West right now :confusedshrug:

Yup

If Lebron missed 18 games on last years 4th seed Cavs they also would have dropped out of playoff position immediately

Conference makes no difference, dudes impact is just that insane.

Trollsmasher
02-25-2019, 11:25 AM
he missed the playoffs in the East few years later after resting his body for 3 years:confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
02-25-2019, 11:34 AM
kobe at the same age in his 16th season was 1st team all nba, 2nd team all defense and had his team in the 3rd seed with championship aspirations
Kobe's first 2yrs doesn't count. His 6 game and 35 game seasons also don't count.

His 16th season was technically his last where he shot 36% from the field and the Lakers finished with the 2nd worst record in the league.

PickernRoller
02-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Quality thread. 5*****

kennethgriffen
02-25-2019, 11:39 AM
he missed the playoffs in the East few years later after resting his body for 3 years:confusedshrug:

wizards mj was a fat 40 year old

and dont give me this mileage shit.. who has more athleticism.. 34 year old lebron or 34 year old MJ

i saw lebron do a dunk the other day that was as good as any hes ever done

jordan just actually gave effort on defense while lebrons a slacker on D and has been since 2014

Manny98
02-25-2019, 11:45 AM

LeBron is doing better this season than Kobe in his first season without Shaq that's all that matters

We saw what prime Kobe could do with a cast as bad as LeBron current cast

2005 - missed playoffs
2006 - first round exit
2007 - first round exit

So all LeBron has to do is make the playoffs and beat Denver and he's already surpassed peak Kobe

eliteballer
02-25-2019, 11:57 AM
It

Phoenix
02-25-2019, 11:58 AM
Imagine LeBron quitting in 2012 and 13 while in the middle of his prime?

Then he'd only have one championship assuming such a move doesn't prevent 2016 unfolding as it did. MJ already had 3 in the bag when he 'quit'.

kennethgriffen
02-25-2019, 12:01 PM
LeBron is doing better this season than Kobe in his first season without Shaq that's all that matters

We saw what prime Kobe could do with a cast as bad as LeBron current cast

2005 - missed playoffs
2006 - first round exit
2007 - first round exit

So all LeBron has to do is make the playoffs and beat Denver and he's already surpassed peak Kobe

the bar for lebron fans went from "can carry any team to the finals"

to

"we're doing better than 2005 kobe" who had 10 new random players playing together for the first time, with kobe missing 16 games, odom missing 18 games and their coach quitting due to health issues after going 24-19. they tanked after that

kobe wen't through real injuries to himself and teammates/coaches that cost them the season

lebron on a team that was 1 game out of the playoffs when he came back and they've only fallen farther since...

lebron had a strained groin that kobe missed zero games with in 2010

he sat longer than expected to try and force management to fire luke. it didn't work.

if the lakers miss the playoffs this year its on lebron. hes the one with the 16 years worth of phoney narratives. if he can't catch the baby kings and the tanking clippers then his legacy is ruined

PERIOD

tpols
02-25-2019, 12:01 PM

Load management to show off the toys for a trade backfired bigly eh?

#LeGM

Indian guy
02-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Load management to show off the toys for a trade backfired bigly eh?

#LeGM

Or you must have been in a coma on Christmas Day.

Never recovered from 2016, did you? :oldlol:

superduper
02-25-2019, 12:36 PM
****ing body bagged :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kobe fam never loses because we have reality on our side and Bran stans only have Microsoft Excel :banana: