PDA

View Full Version : Giannis and Durant are the Two best players in the World

AngelEyes
02-25-2019, 10:03 PM
It seems obvious at this point. Giannis has been the clear cut best all around player in the NBA this season. His offensive dominance, rebounding, and defensive dominance far exceeds what anyone else is doing. Nobody has the all around impact of Giannis, not even Kawhi, AD or Paul George. Durant is the most devastating offensive force in the league, what Harden is doing is impressive, but he's still not the efficient, unstoppable powerhouse that Durant is. KD looks as good as he ever has, in fact he's probably reached the pinnacle of his career. These two guys are the best players in the league and it doesn't seem that debatable right now.

warriorfan
02-25-2019, 10:04 PM
Gtfo with this Kd is the best shit. You haven’t been watching many warrior games this season.

StrongLurk
02-25-2019, 10:16 PM
Giannis has a lot to prove before he is a top 2 player.

Right now, KD, Curry and Harden are better for sure.

AngelEyes
02-25-2019, 10:17 PM
Giannis has a lot to prove before he is a top 2 player.

Right now, KD, Curry and Harden are better for sure.

Harden hasn't proven shit in the playoffs. He's continually come up small in the playoffs and currently as an all around player he doesn't compare to Giannis, he's inferior.

ralph_i_el
02-25-2019, 10:19 PM
The only reason guys that tall are able to handle the ball like those two is that carries aren't called anymore.

bdonovan
02-26-2019, 12:06 AM
There's really four elements to basketball: individual offense, individual defense; contributions to team offense and team defense. My grades for Durant in these areas are:

I O: A
I D: B+
T O: D
T D: F
--

He is perfect for the Knicks because having lived in NY, NY teams like the Knicks and Mets love getting flashy players that casuals assume are "the best" but in actuality they just succeed at getting people in the stadium and paying for tickets, but never delivering anything. Durant has always (not just since he joined the Warriors and started winning rings) been the same kind of player; amazing offensive skills, but subpar and lazy at nearly everything else- poor passer, refuses to set screens, terrible on defensive rotations, refuses to make hustle plays, refuses to rebound (stat-pads on defensive rebounds occasionally), refuses to fight through screens, refuses to guard certain players even if he's switched on them. You really have to watch Durant day in and day out to see all these liabilities.

OKC never won with him; nor will any other team. I don't fault people for not knowing this. The sports analysts/talkers have been remiss to point any of this out; even though its blatant if you watch enough of his games. On GSW, Durant has the perfect situation where the team hides many of his flaws by covering for him in these areas.

Mr.GOAT2408
02-26-2019, 04:35 AM
Giannis needs to prove himself in the playoffs but in terms of how he's playing in the RS no one has played better, should be 1st team All-NBA and 1st team All-Def

305Baller
02-26-2019, 04:39 AM
Yeah, probably. Durant, Giannis. Maybe George at times.

nayte
02-26-2019, 04:59 AM
I'm not sure if I can put durant over curry. Not sure what stats/context say. I could be wrong

PP34Deuce
02-26-2019, 10:21 AM
KD is the best guy in the league people hate the man but hes the best. I think deep down players like steph and Bron would say so too

tpols
02-26-2019, 10:28 AM
Currys better than both.

Remember who followed who.

FKAri
02-26-2019, 10:31 AM
Totally agree. We'll be proven right in the playoffs :cheers:

The only reason guys that tall are able to handle the ball like those two is that carries aren't called anymore.
Ya it plays a part. Also, defenders who challenge the dribble will put themselves at risk of getting a foul drawn on them by a smart enough ball handler.

Phoenix
02-26-2019, 10:33 AM
There's really four elements to basketball: individual offense, individual defense; contributions to team offense and team defense. My grades for Durant in these areas are:

--

He is perfect for the Knicks because having lived in NY, NY teams like the Knicks and Mets love getting flashy players that casuals assume are "the best" but in actuality they just succeed at getting people in the stadium and paying for tickets, but never delivering anything. Durant has always (not just since he joined the Warriors and started winning rings) been the same kind of player; amazing offensive skills, but subpar and lazy at nearly everything else- poor passer, refuses to set screens, terrible on defensive rotations, refuses to make hustle plays, refuses to rebound (stat-pads on defensive rebounds occasionally), refuses to fight through screens, refuses to guard certain players even if he's switched on them. You really have to watch Durant day in and day out to see all these liabilities.

OKC never won with him; nor will any other team. I don't fault people for not knowing this. The sports analysts/talkers have been remiss to point any of this out; even though its blatant if you watch enough of his games. On GSW, Durant has the perfect situation where the team hides many of his flaws by covering for him in these areas.

Well damn.

Rudeboy3
02-26-2019, 11:00 AM
Don't ever put that bitch ass nikka KD in the same sentence as the GOAT Giannis. Giannis carrying his team, while KD just jumped on a bandwagon

Giannis is the best player in the league

Wally450
02-26-2019, 11:01 AM
Currys better than both.

Remember who followed who.

Surely he should have more FMVPs than Durant right? Right??

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2019, 11:51 AM
anybody who thinks kd is the best deserves a major facepalm

Hopper15
02-26-2019, 12:16 PM
Don't ever put that bitch ass nikka KD in the same sentence as the GOAT Giannis. Giannis carrying his team, while KD just jumped on a bandwagon

Giannis is the best player in the league

Until he learns how to shoot KD will have always have the edge.

Rudeboy3
02-26-2019, 05:55 PM
KD can't lead a team, dude is a mental midget. And Giannis can shoot, it just isn't his game. Basketball is more than shooting you fking stupid casual

tpols
02-26-2019, 07:09 PM

By that logic 8 ppg iggy is > MVP Curry.

You have a shallow understanding of the game.

Manny98
02-26-2019, 07:14 PM
Until Giannis actually does something in the postseason KD holds the best in the world title for now

Rudeboy3
02-26-2019, 07:17 PM
Until Giannis actually does something in the postseason KD holds the best in the world title for now
Lmao Banned, bitch ass nikka :roll: :roll: :roll:

Manny98
02-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Lmao Banned, bitch ass nikka :roll: :roll: :roll:
When will your boy get out of the first round?

SamuraiSWISH
02-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Easily. He's also a better ball handler, and defender.

AngelEyes
02-26-2019, 07:53 PM

In a few months, clearly.

AngelEyes
02-26-2019, 07:56 PM

Are you saying that Durant is a better ball handler and defender than Giannis? If so, then no ****ing way, especially the defender part.

AngelEyes
02-26-2019, 07:58 PM

Giannis has been continually improving as a shooter over the course of the season, his 3 point % has improved markedly every single month. There's also a lot more to basketball than just shooting. Giannis is a vastly superior rebounder, defender and playmaker compared to KD. Not to mention Giannis is the most dominant paint scorer since Shaq. As all around players Giannis compares very favorably to Durant.

tpols
02-26-2019, 08:07 PM

would have to say giannis is stronger & tougher mentally and physically though. hes not as punkable.

Mr.GOAT2408
02-26-2019, 08:27 PM
:biggums:

ball handler I guess you can argue, but defender!? Durant is not even close to being the same level as a defender, no star perimeter player is other than George and a motivated Kawhi

hold this L
02-26-2019, 08:34 PM
Harden hasn't proven shit in the playoffs. He's continually come up small in the playoffs and currently as an all around player he doesn't compare to Giannis, he's inferior.
Unlike Giannis who lost in the first round to a team missing its 2 all stars.

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2019, 08:35 PM

oh me oh my, coach :facepalm

hold this L
02-26-2019, 08:36 PM
Giannis has been continually improving as a shooter over the course of the season, his 3 point % has improved markedly every single month. There's also a lot more to basketball than just shooting. Giannis is a vastly superior rebounder, defender and playmaker compared to KD. Not to mention Giannis is the most dominant paint scorer since Shaq. As all around players Giannis compares very favorably to Durant.
No way in hell is Giannis a better playmaker than KD. He's not even as good as him. His "playmaking" is traveling to the rim and passing it off when he gets double/triple teamed. Even Kawhi can do that, doesn't make someone a good playmaker.

Is this rudeboy's straight alt by any chance? It's just as nonsensical.

AngelEyes
02-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Unlike Giannis who lost in the first round to a team missing its 2 all stars.

They still had more talent and much better coaching than that Bucks team last season. And people like you act like Giannis played like trash, when he played great. Him and Middleton were the only two that showed up. If they had a decent coach and if Bledsoe didn't get dominated by a backup point guard they would have easily won the series.

hold this L
02-26-2019, 08:43 PM
They still had more talent and much better coaching than that Bucks team last season. And people like you act like Giannis played like trash, when he played great. Him and Middleton were the only two that showed up. If they had a decent coach and if Bledsoe didn't get dominated by a backup point guard they would have easily won the series.
They had more talent if Giannis is a bum. That Celtics team was awful. They just had a great coach and a lot of high IQ players. That team would not have made it past the first round in the west last year, just like the Cavs. The fact that Giannis and the Bucks lost to them in the first round and stans like you are tripping over themselves with excuses is embarrassing.

A good sign of a player become truly elite is when you get stans with no sense of objectivity rooting your way. Lebron, Curry and KD fans are all over for a while now, you and Rudeboy are bringing the good fight with Giannis.

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Tatum, Brown, Rozier were on fire throughout PLUS Horford...

awful? What are you smoking? They did a better job against the Cavs than your Warriors did pre-refs :roll:

Milbuck
02-26-2019, 08:50 PM
KD the better defender? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-26-2019, 09:36 PM
:roll: :roll: at KD

theaussieguy
02-26-2019, 09:38 PM
Flawed logic tbh

theaussieguy
02-26-2019, 09:42 PM
Yep. Imagine teleporting prime Bob Cousey to 2019. He would be as disgusted with the rules as he would be absolutely filthy on the offensive end with the liberties of lofty ball handling today. Conversely teleport any big man who plays a point forward kind of role to his day and they wouldn't even be in the league. It is pathetic.

FKAri
02-26-2019, 10:00 PM
No way in hell is Giannis a better playmaker than KD. He's not even as good as him. His "playmaking" is traveling to the rim and passing it off when he gets double/triple teamed. Even Kawhi can do that, doesn't make someone a good playmaker.

Is this rudeboy's straight alt by any chance? It's just as nonsensical.
This is a really terrible take :facepalm

ralph_i_el
02-26-2019, 10:05 PM
KD can't lead a team, dude is a mental midget. And Giannis can shoot, it just isn't his game. Basketball is more than shooting you fking stupid casual

When KD was 23 he took a team to the finals.

Giannis hasn't left the first round.

Pump the ****ing breaks here bud.

Shooting is the most important skill in basketball.

warriorfan
02-26-2019, 10:08 PM

--

Quality take, very on point. :applause:

ralph_i_el
02-26-2019, 10:12 PM
Giannis' average shot is 7.8 ft from the rim

KD is around 14-15 ft for his career.

Giannis' efficiency this year is at the same relative level as KD's (but KD has done it for multiple years).

If I'm choosing between two guys who are scoring on similar efficiency and usage, I want the one who is the better shooter. Shooting is a skill that helps your teammates, because it keeps defenders from helping off you. If Giannis does not have the ball, opposing players can sag off him on to his teammates Luckily the Bucks have a ton of good shooters to put around him.

KD was getting DPoY talk last year. He's proven in the playoffs. He's a shooter who can dominate with and without the ball.

Milbuck
02-26-2019, 10:14 PM

Giannis' efficiency this year is at the same relative level as KD's (but KD has done it for multiple years).

If I'm choosing between two guys who are scoring on similar efficiency and usage, I want the one who is the better shooter. Shooting is a skill that helps your teammates, because it keeps defenders from helping off you. If Giannis does not have the ball, opposing players can sag off him on to his teammates Luckily the Bucks have a ton of good shooters to put around him.

KD was getting DPoY talk last year. He's proven in the playoffs. He's a shooter who can dominate with and without the ball.
KD getting DPOY talk was stupid and he's not even close to that now. Giannis is miles beyond him on that end and actually deserving of DPOY consideration right now.

If you want to take KD based on his shooting and playoff experience, that's fine, but let's not pretend they're comparable defensively whatsoever. Besides them both being long 6'11"-7' dudes, there's a huge gap in that area.

warriorfan
02-26-2019, 10:16 PM

Uhhh what?

Rudeboy3
02-26-2019, 11:02 PM

No one was talking about KD for DPOY except for zealot warriors fans

Giannis is better than KD

Rudeboy3
02-26-2019, 11:03 PM
in a few months, when will Dlo stop being a chucker?

hold this L
02-26-2019, 11:09 PM
No one was talking about KD for DPOY except for zealot warriors fans

Giannis is better than KD
Warrior fans weren't doing that though :lol That was the media, it's clear he's a super elite 1 on 1 defender, but he's the worst team defender in the starting five by some distance.

Well I take that back, now that Boogie's dumb ass is on the line up, the Warriors finally have a low IQ player in their starting 5.

Rudeboy3
02-26-2019, 11:11 PM
When KD was 23 he took a team to the finals.

Giannis hasn't left the first round.

Pump the ****ing breaks here bud.

Shooting is the most important skill in basketball.
Wot?

He didn't take them to the finals, KD,Westbrook, Harden (6 man of the year) and serge ibaka did

KD hasn't gone far in the playoffs without an all-star/all-nba player with him. When he was by himself he got bounced by the grizs. No one in the last 10 years as played with more talent than KD has. Who dafuq has Giannis had his whole career? Khirs middleton and Jabari parker, also let's not forget the worst coach in NBA history Jason Kidd

Rudeboy3
02-26-2019, 11:12 PM
Warrior fans weren't doing that though :lol That was the media, it's clear he's a super elite 1 on 1 defender, but he's the worst team defender in the starting five by some distance.

Well I take that back, now that Boogie's dumb ass is on the line up, the Warriors finally have a low IQ player in their starting 5.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cali Syndicate
02-27-2019, 12:08 AM

Curry was seeing significantly more defensive attention than durant past 2 finals, which should kinda tell you something.

hold this L
02-27-2019, 02:02 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
KD is definitely elite 1 on 1. I'm not comparing him to your hero defensively, relax. Giannis is a monster defensively and it's crazy for someone like KD to be compared to him on that end, he's nowhere near as good because Giannis is top 5 defensively in the league.

SamuraiSWISH
02-27-2019, 05:29 AM
would have to say giannis is stronger & tougher mentally and physically though. hes not as punkable.
Probably.