PDA

View Full Version : Ingram is better than Kuzma

Basketball IQ
03-02-2019, 12:59 AM
He is a better scorer, passer, and defender. Plus he has an assassin's mentality. I'm keeping Ingram and trading everybody else.

ClipperRevival
03-02-2019, 03:35 AM
He obviously is. He's got superstar potential. But the fact is, Kuz was the better player for most of the season until recently. YDK was lacking confidence and wasn't aggressive and i could see why people sh*tted on him. But I knew once he believed in himself and just played the game, the pieces would eventually fall into place.

Rico2016
03-02-2019, 04:54 AM
He obviously is. He's got superstar potential. But the fact is, Kuz was the better player for most of the season until recently. YDK was lacking confidence and wasn't aggressive and i could see why people sh*tted on him. But I knew once he believed in himself and just played the game, the pieces would eventually fall into place.

Just so I get this straight, your logic is "Well Kuzma was better for 55 games but then Ingram was better for 5 games so INGRAM DOE"

3ball
03-02-2019, 04:56 AM
Just so I get this straight, your logic is "Well Kuzma was better for 55 games but then Ingram was better for 5 games so INGRAM DOE"
It's called an eye test son

The preferred method of evaluation for seasoned observers

So you obviously need to be old enough to drink. Sorry bud

Rico2016
03-02-2019, 05:02 AM

Riiight

The "eye" test :oldlol: You are a funny (crazy) person and I appreciate all the laughs.

And alcohol is overrated anyway.

AirTupac
03-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Riiight

The "eye" test :oldlol: You are a funny (crazy) person and I appreciate all the laughs.

And alcohol is overrated anyway.

You are a retard. Do you ignore the defensive side of the game completely just because LeBron does?

Kuz gives up more than he scores.

E_Stamkos
03-02-2019, 12:09 PM

It comes as no surprise that your feeble mind isn't capable of grasping any of this.

Kuz has been steady eddy all year. For the most part, he's been the better of the 2.

But over this recent stretch of games, Ingram has started to show exponential signs of improvement, showcasing why he was drafted at such a high slot.
The fact of the matter is, he has the talent and skillset that is beyond Kuz's capacity as a player and he's finally starting to show some of it.

They're both fine players though. The Lakers should hold on to both of them.

bladefd
03-02-2019, 04:02 PM
It comes as no surprise that your feeble mind isn't capable of grasping any of this.

Kuz has been steady eddy all year. For the most part, he's been the better of the 2.

But over this recent stretch of games, Ingram has started to show exponential signs of improvement, showcasing why he was drafted at such a high slot.
The fact of the matter is, he has the talent and skillset that is beyond Kuz's capacity as a player and he's finally starting to show some of it.

They're both fine players though. The Lakers should hold on to both of them.

They can't both start though.. Kuzma would have to come off the bench as 6th man. He can provide energy, shooting and spacing.

The other problem is Ingram began to play lights out consistently only after his back has been against the wall for making playoffs and after he got called out/packaged in AD deal. He is trying to prove that he can play, but what will happen when that is no longer the case? Will he return to half-asleep Ingram? That worries me about him. Might be best to package him off for Bradley Beal if it can be worked out in the summer (if Pelicans refuse to deal with Lakers).

RealSkipBayless
03-02-2019, 04:06 PM
He really isn't. Ingram can barely score outside the paint. Guy is supposedly a playmaker and great passer, yet has nearly as many turnovers as assists. Only thing he has going for him over Kuzma is defense.

AirTupac
03-02-2019, 04:06 PM
They can't both start though.. Kuzma would have to come off the bench as 6th man. He can provide energy, shooting and spacing.

The other problem is Ingram began to play lights out consistently only after his back has been against the wall for making playoffs and after he got called out/packaged in AD deal. He is trying to prove that he can play, but what will happen when that is no longer the case? Will he return to half-asleep Ingram? That worries me about him. Might be best to package him off for Bradley Beal if it can be worked out in the summer (if Pelicans refuse to deal with Lakers).

Cmon bro. You've been a Laker fan long enough to know that BI was expected to make this jump after the new year. It has nothing to do with being scared about being traded. You've seen BI be a gym rat and humble. The guy works his ass off. LOL @ trading BI for fking Bradley Beal

bladefd
03-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Cmon bro. You've been a Laker fan long enough to know that BI was expected to make this jump after the new year. It has nothing to do with being scared about being traded. You've seen BI be a gym rat and humble. The guy works his ass off. LOL @ trading BI for fking Bradley Beal

He had way too many games during first half of the season where he was standing around, half-asleep. You can't just be very good consistently in February and after. A great player has to be able to ball all year long from October to June if the call comes. Of course, everyone has off games and off weeks here and there, but to be a great player, you can't have huge stretch of games where you don't show up.

AlternativeAcc.
03-02-2019, 05:19 PM

So your eye test tells you Ingram > Middleton

Well you're blind and don't basketball. Kris Middleton is not only a better player but he's more talented too. Your idea of talent is flash.. middleton isn't flashy but he's extremely talented and high IQ.. always makes the right play.. elite catch and shoot player.. smooth as butter, fundamentally sound, elite off-ball, has the ability to anticipate on time passes, etc. This is all talent that you ignore because you don't know basketball.. or pretend not to know basketball to try and make a point.. which is just counter-productive

ArbitraryWater
03-02-2019, 05:20 PM
its weird, these two just can't manage to both be great at the same time so far.

when kuz was balling, ingram was trash... now ingram is balling, and kuz is kinda absent.

AlternativeAcc.
03-02-2019, 05:21 PM
its weird, these two just can't manage to both be great at the same time so far.

when kuz was balling, ingram was trash... now ingram is balling, and kuz is kinda absent.
It's because both guys can't mesh well within in a team construct.. they're isolation oriented players who can't anticipate on-time passes or play off-ball

Rico2016
03-02-2019, 05:55 PM
He really isn't. Ingram can barely score outside the paint. Guy is supposedly a playmaker and great passer, yet has nearly as many turnovers as assists. Only thing he has going for him over Kuzma is defense.

Thank. You.