PDA

View Full Version : Are Bucks as good in reality as they look on paper?

90sgoat
03-02-2019, 08:23 AM
I haven't had a chance to watch them much. I was sold on Giannis the one game I watched though.

On paper, Bucks seem to have made so many great moves.

Ilyasova - big part of 76ers success last season, big part of their struggles this season

Mirotic - potential all star when he feels like it, plays much the same role as Ilyasova

Now Gasol?

Stupid posters think Gasol is done. Gasol will be big time in short spurts against small ball centers this playoff. Will force Embiid to play defense.

jbryan1984
03-02-2019, 10:38 AM
I think they are subject to be upset this post season. It's a nice young core but all lack deep playoff experience. We all know, the post season is a whole different animal. 38 year old Pau mentoring them won't help much. I still say they need another star beside Giannis to get the job done.

90sgoat
03-02-2019, 10:48 AM
I think they are subject to be upset this post season. It's a nice young core but all lack deep playoff experience. We all know, the post season is a whole different animal. 38 year old Pau mentoring them won't help much. I still say they need another star beside Giannis to get the job done.

Don't you think Mirotic could be a borderline all star next to Giannis?

Rudeboy3
03-02-2019, 10:59 AM
"muh lack of playoff experince" "muh young core"

Giannis is 24, Bledsoe 29, Middleton 27, Brogdon 25, Brook 30

That isn't a youngcore

All of them have playoff experince and Bud have years of playoff experience. They aren't getting upset, their defence is legit, their offence is legit and they don't fold under pressure at all.

Keep wishing bitch boi

FireDavidKahn
03-02-2019, 11:26 AM
They are stacked beyond belief.

Rudeboy3
03-02-2019, 11:40 AM
>stacked

only one true all-star and all NBA player

Que? :biggums:

3ball
03-02-2019, 11:45 AM
>stacked

Exactly

Not stacked

But they have Giannis and decent organic teamwork, so they don't underachieve their talent

Numerous teams look much better on paper, like philly, warriors, and boston to name a few

FireDavidKahn
03-02-2019, 11:52 AM
>stacked

Ya...if that's your only measuring stick for ranking teams then you are clueless.

90sgoat
03-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Exactly

Not stacked

But they have Giannis and decent organic teamwork, so they don't underachieve their talent

Numerous teams look much better on paper, like philly, warriors, and boston to name a few

Those two don't have depth.

Bucks bench:

George Hill
Snell
Mirotic
Henson
Dellevadova
Ilyasova

And that's just the vets. They also have a bunch of promising yougnsters.

superduper
03-02-2019, 12:09 PM
They're championship favorites even without Giannis

dbugz
03-02-2019, 01:13 PM
We beating that team "again" in the 2nd round after we sweep the Pacers :pimp: :rockon:

Marchesk
03-02-2019, 01:43 PM
What do you mean by, "on paper", OP? I can look at the standings and see that they have the best record. Do you mean, "Are Bucks really as good as their record?". Are they like that 60 win Atlanta team several years back?

k0kakw0rld
03-02-2019, 02:27 PM
We beating that team "again" in the 2nd round after we sweep the Pacers :pimp: :rockon:
You will play against Philly :oldlol: . No way they beat the Warriors tonight. And the Pacers will beat the Magic tonight.

We know you are scared. That's why you are hoping to get the Pacers in the first round :roll:

Where did you hide your confidence? :confusedshrug:

Celtics 1825
03-02-2019, 03:21 PM
They are stacked not in the sense that they have multiple stars like the Warriors, but stacked with depth. Agree

LoneyROY7
03-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Bucks are hella stacked.

AlternativeAcc.
03-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Exactly

Not stacked

Lol @ sleeping on Bledsoe, Middleton, and Lopez. That tells me you don't much about basketball to pretend that on paper that's not an extremely talented team

Not to mention Brogdon who is an elite role player that contributes 16ppg and shoots 45% from 3...

Bucks are incredibly stacked with talent AND depth. You lose all credibility when you pretend they aren't

tpols
03-02-2019, 03:53 PM
theyre stacked but i still dont trust bledose or giannis shooting in the playoffs. Theyll get beat by a healthy toronto kawhi & siakim, and very possibly philly before that.

dbugz
03-02-2019, 04:14 PM
You will play against Philly :oldlol: . No way they beat the Warriors tonight. And the Pacers will beat the Magic tonight.

We know you are scared. That's why you are hoping to get the Pacers in the first round :roll:

Where did you hide your confidence? :confusedshrug:

Afraid of whom? Sixers?

Check their record against us :oldlol:

Get back to me when Joel can already dominate Horford :oldlol:

Rudeboy3
03-02-2019, 04:22 PM
They're championship favorites even without Giannis
seething aren't cha? Whens Emhoeassnikka gonna play again? :roll: :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
03-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Those two don't have depth.

Bucks bench:

George Hill
Snell
Mirotic
Henson
Dellevadova
Ilyasova

And that's just the vets. They also have a bunch of promising yougnsters.

that depth doesnt look impressive to me. im surprised by their record, giannis must have been nuts.

3ball
03-02-2019, 07:22 PM
So the bucks are more stacked than the sixers?

Stars make a team "stacked", not guys that become good role players after growing with a team, or role player acquisitions

Since when did the definition of "stacked" change from stars to good role players?

fourkicks44
03-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Brogdon was ROTY over Embiid.

And it wasn't even close.

Stacked.

Real14
03-02-2019, 07:30 PM
They're stacked but I dont think they will go far in the playoffs.

3ball
03-02-2019, 07:45 PM
The Bucks weren't considered "stacked" for most of this season, so this is a big change in everyone's tune..

Why can't you guys just be right about things from the jump, rather than have to change your stance all the time?

Ingram is now a star after being trash before, and now the bucks are "stacked".. :facepalm

Have you guys no shame or damn pride in your opinions??

What a joke.. And you wonder why I talk down to everyone.. :oldlol: .. no actual ballers on this site that know what they're talking about and don't need to change their tune with the wind.. Kblaze is good .. but not many others..

but carry on

Rudeboy3
03-02-2019, 08:50 PM
They're stacked but I dont think they will go far in the playoffs.
>stacked
>wont go far in the playoffs

ish has the biggest collection of idiots, i've ever seen

MrFonzworth
03-02-2019, 08:53 PM

Stacked.
He also won it over Saric, who was traded for Butler. Therefore Brogdan > Butler.

No excuses Milwaukee.

Celtics 1825
03-02-2019, 08:57 PM

Stacked.
Embiid only played 30 games..

Real14
03-02-2019, 08:59 PM
>stacked
>wont go far in the playoffs

ish has the biggest collection of idiots, i've ever seen
N.igga that do happens to certain contending teams in the playoffs. You're the f.ucking idiot:biggums:

fourkicks44
03-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Embiid only played 30 games..

And Brogdon was the superior rookie and won ROTY...

It was a consensus decision.

No excuses.

superduper
03-02-2019, 09:07 PM

Stars make a team "stacked", not guys that become good role players after growing with a team, or role player acquisitions

Since when did the definition of "stacked" change from stars to good role players?

Since Curry carried a bunch of replaceable players to the "greatest team of all time" status

90sgoat
03-02-2019, 10:45 PM
They're not stacked, but they're deep.

They have a bunch of crafty vets like Delly, Mirotic, Hill, Gasol, Ilyasova, all guys with lots of playoff experience.

My point with this thread is that the Bucks management have made these low key moves bringing in vets and I think it will show in the playoffs.

fourkicks44
03-02-2019, 10:49 PM
They're not stacked, but they're deep.

They have a bunch of crafty vets like Delly, Mirotic, Hill, Gasol, Ilyasova, all guys with lots of playoff experience.

My point with this thread is that the Bucks management have made these low key moves bringing in vets and I think it will show in the playoffs.

I ignored it in one of your previous posts but this is the second time you said it, so I will correct you.

Delly plays for Cleveland, gramps.

dazzer87
03-02-2019, 11:07 PM
2015 hawks

AngelEyes
03-03-2019, 12:07 AM
2015 hawks

The 2015 Hawks did not have a player even remotely close to as dominant as Giannis. Horrible comparison.

Jasper
03-03-2019, 12:42 AM
If they are miss in their shots , they can be beat ...

But if they are hitting their three's / everything else clicks.

experience in playoffs is a factor , but they have turned it up during the season
against great teams, so I expect them to win the east , but fail in chip.

HOPE I AM WRONG

Mr.GOAT2408
03-03-2019, 04:33 AM
Of course LeStans (who have no idea how to gauge ability in the first place) call this team stacked. If LeBron was on this team half the team would be shipped by AS break... or at least they'll try to be shipped :roll:

Giannis masks a lot of the flaws the Bucks have and has done this for years, although Bud also hides some of their flaws. Giannis is a great leader with an alpha mindset but keep sleeping on him :roll:

theaussieguy
03-03-2019, 05:58 AM
I haven't had a chance to watch them much. I was sold on Giannis the one game I watched though.

On paper, Bucks seem to have made so many great moves.

Ilyasova - big part of 76ers success last season, big part of their struggles this season

Mirotic - potential all star when he feels like it, plays much the same role as Ilyasova

Now Gasol?

Stupid posters think Gasol is done. Gasol will be big time in short spurts against small ball centers this playoff. Will force Embiid to play defense.

****in love ur display pic brah. All aboard the Euro train CHOO CHOO!

Rudeboy3
03-03-2019, 06:28 AM
2015 hawks
This bucks team makes those hawks look below average

nashwade
03-03-2019, 08:55 AM
celtics and raptors are the only relevant teams in the east

the finals should be worth watching if lowry doesn't fck up again

DMAVS41
03-03-2019, 09:15 AM
Yes.

They are elite on both sides of the ball. Have a top 5 player in the league...and have a lot of depth that fits very well.

The only thing they are missing historically is another all-nba level teammate for Giannis, but honestly Middleton, in the role he plays, is pretty much what you'd want around him anyway.

The East has some other really good teams...and of course the Warriors are always looming...but this is definitely a true title contending team historically imo on the average year.

They probably just don't have enough to beat a historically good team like the Warriors.

But put them in a year like 07...they'd probably be title favorites and be a lock to win the East and a coin flip against the Spurs.

FireDavidKahn
03-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Because you have to take the entire team into account.

3ball
05-28-2019, 08:29 PM
Lol @ sleeping on Bledsoe, Middleton, and Lopez. That tells me you don't much about basketball to pretend that on paper that's not an extremely talented team

Not to mention Brogdon who is an elite role player that contributes 16ppg and shoots 45% from 3...

Bucks are incredibly stacked with talent AND depth. You lose all credibility when you pretend they aren't
https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-10-2019/cQYKoc.gif

TheCorporation
05-28-2019, 09:02 PM

So stacked teams don't lose? :lol

Nice, 2011 Heat were not stacked, Mavs were the better team :applause:

tpols
05-28-2019, 09:11 PM
theyre stacked but i still dont trust bledose or giannis shooting in the playoffs. Theyll get beat by a healthy toronto kawhi & siakim, and very possibly philly before that.

Boom.

stalkerforlife
05-28-2019, 09:16 PM

Another one.

3ball
09-04-2020, 11:35 PM
Agreed

It's Giannis' beginner jumpshot that is getting exploited and allowing the opponent to contain him and his team