PDA

View Full Version : The Mavs pretty much traded a rookie steph curry and additionally lottery pick

Mask the Embiid
03-03-2019, 11:26 AM
for Luka(pretty much rookie tyreke evans with a no defense rule change)....can you believe it :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trae is putting up 21 year old Steph Curry stats at 19 years old.How bad is this trade gonna look in 4 years :oldlol:

o how the tables have turned

DMAVS41
03-03-2019, 12:31 PM
for Luka(pretty much rookie tyreke evans with a no defense rule change)....can you believe it :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trae is putting up 21 year old Steph Curry stats at 19 years old.How bad is this trade gonna look in 4 years :oldlol:

Luka is better than you are giving him credit for or understanding. I personally think this will be a trade in which both teams win when we look back at it.

However, the Mavs made a big mistake imo that night. If reports were accurate, the Hawks actually wanted Dallas to take on Bazemore's contract and give up their 2nd round pick. Cuban refused and ended up giving up a first rounder instead.

I think that was a mistake...although in fairness, that other pick became Brunson...and he's going to be a solid rotation player for the Mavs for a long time...and this draft isn't that great beyond that top 5 or so.

But, that trade messed with the incentives and in truth the Mavs should have just traded away everyone last summer and essentially tanked this year in hopes of getting Zion.

We'll see how it all plays out though. We got Kristaps and if we land another legit player in free agency it will be hard to criticize the moves.

k0kakw0rld
03-03-2019, 12:38 PM
https://zupimages.net/up/19/09/ms9y.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/09/ms9y.jpg)

Ghost1
03-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Doncic ROTY

East River Livn'
03-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Trae and Steph are too light for you to be pimping their cause

Celtics 1825
03-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Imagine comparing Luka to Tyreke Evans...

Luka has already proven in Euroleague that he has what it takes to be a great player in this league. It's only a matter of time before he reaches that superstar level.

Mask the Embiid
03-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Imagine comparing Luka to Tyreke Evans...

Luka has already proven in Euroleague that he has what it takes to be a great player in this league. It's only a matter of time before he reaches that superstar level.
Go compare their rookie stats.

Ok you're back?

:oldlol: :oldlol:

yeah...

90sgoat
03-03-2019, 02:23 PM
I haven't watched Trae, so won't comment.

Luka, Zingis and Brunson, is a solid starting core for the next 10 years.

Brunson is very underrated. He is exactly the kind of point guard needed to play alongside Luka.

hold this L
03-03-2019, 02:42 PM
The funniest thing would be if OP is actually white and acts racist against white people all the time. :lol

Celtics 1825
03-03-2019, 02:43 PM
The funniest thing would be if OP is actually white and acts racist against white people all the time. :lol
I'd believe it :oldlol:

Mask the Embiid
03-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Imagine being so dickmatized by dogshit that you actually believe the only way someone could possible think he is overrated is if they were a racist.

seriously imagine

where are my hate threads on kevin love?Where are my hate threads on gordon hayward?Where are my hate threads on Jeremy Lin?Marc Gasol...Ricky Rubio...Luke Kennard...Porzingus? i can keep going

seek help

tontoz
03-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Trae has the worst DRPM in the league:

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/13/sort/DRPM

As good as his offense has been lately he is still a net negative on the court.

I think Dallas is pretty comfortable with the deal.

tontoz
03-03-2019, 04:41 PM
The defensive rules changed in 2004. Tyreke's rookie year was 2009.

Per 36 minutes

Rookie Tyreke Evans

19.5 pts, 5.6 assists, 5.1 rebounds with a TS of 53%

Luka

23.5 pts, 8.1 assists, 6.3 rebounds with a TS of 56%

Spurs m8
03-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Yeah, getting a rookie on the year and a foundation for the next decade was so disastrous.

Doncic d1cks OP on the daily

Mask the Embiid
03-03-2019, 05:12 PM
The defensive rules changed in 2004. Tyreke's rookie year was 2009.

Per 36 minutes

Rookie Tyreke Evans

19.5 pts, 5.6 assists, 5.1 rebounds with a TS of 53%

Luka

23.5 pts, 8.1 assists, 6.3 rebounds with a TS of 56%

imagine actually trying to slip in per 36 mins after seeing how similar their stats are and panicking.Imagine trying to pretend like there was not a rule change over the summer to impede the ability to play defense.Imagine rooting for a team who hasnt had a relevant playoff run in 40 years.Imagine doing any of these things.

They are identical, outside of all the stats where being taller helps (shooting jumpers rebounding)

they traded tyreke evans for curry + future lottery pick....DEAL WITH IT

tontoz
03-03-2019, 07:29 PM
imagine actually trying to slip in per 36 mins after seeing how similar their stats are and panicking.Imagine trying to pretend like there was not a rule change over the summer to impede the ability to play defense.Imagine rooting for a team who hasnt had a relevant playoff run in 40 years.Imagine doing any of these things.

They are identical, outside of all the stats where being taller helps (shooting jumpers rebounding)

Panic? The way you panicked when you realized that Tyreke played 5 more minutes a game and that the rules changes were years before Tyreke's rookie year?

And lets not forget the huge disparity in 3 point shooting. Tyreke shot 25.5% from 3 his rookie year. :oldlol:

More points with better efficiency for Luka.

Here were the rules changes over the summer:

"Rule change 1: Shot clock reset to 14 seconds" after an offensive rebound.

"Rule change 2: Clear path foul rule simplification"

"Rule change 3: More “hostile acts” can be reviewed"

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/09/28/nba-rule-changes-arent/

How do these rules" impede the ability to play defense"? You are just talking out of your ass.

Those rule changes dont amount to a hill of beans compared to the rule change in 2004 regarding the hand check. All of a sudden guard scoring exploded, leading to 2 MVPs for Steve Nash.

Iverson's scoring went up 4 ppg after the change and his TS went up over 5%.

DMAVS41
03-03-2019, 08:49 PM

First of all...Tyreke Evans was good and remains pretty good.

But, Jesus man...

You act like being able to nail step back 3's, pass, and play off the ball doesn't mean anything.

You really think a raw stat line means much of anything?

Sure, Luka is rookie Tyreke Evans...if rookie Evans could drill 3's, play off the ball, and pass at much better levels.

:confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
03-04-2019, 06:26 AM
Panic? The way you panicked when you realized that Tyreke played 5 more minutes a game and that the rules changes were years before Tyreke's rookie year?

Putting aside the Evans/Luka comparison which I dont care about...

When you watch the NBA this year you dont see a change from 10-15 years ago when they initially started changing the rules?

This year has been pretty insane to me.....

iamgine
03-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Rookie Tyreke Evans was awesome, better than rookie Curry.

OP might have gotten the two players mixed up.

coin24
03-04-2019, 06:49 AM
You guys should really check out some cawks games, trigga is legit.
He was beasting till he got ejected for nothing..
just keeps on improving, his passing and ball handling is great and now that he's dropping 3s from all over the court :eek: :eek: stud

Guess the league wants to push the donshit agenda though.. he's good also, but I think Trae should be ROY..

Wtf happened to ayton?

Mask the Embiid
03-04-2019, 08:49 AM
First of all...Tyreke Evans was good and remains pretty good.

But, Jesus man...

You act like being able to nail step back 3's, pass, and play off the ball doesn't mean anything.

You really think a raw stat line means much of anything?

Sure, Luka is rookie Tyreke Evans...if rookie Evans could drill 3's, play off the ball, and pass at much better levels.

:confusedshrug:
Maybe Porzingus won't be his Boogie Cousins, and maybe he will stay healthy, unlike Tyreke.Very similar rookie years if you adjust for the freedom of movement rule effect,kids coming into the league now as better shooters than in 09, and height effect (which makes the game easier)

ImKobe
03-04-2019, 09:33 AM

OP might be the most retarded poster on this site. Comparing a finesse player like Luka to a rookie who solely relied on his athleticism and couldn't shoot outside 5 ft. :facepalm

Mask the Embiid
03-04-2019, 10:37 AM
OP might be the most retarded poster on this site. Comparing a finesse player like Luka to a rookie who solely relied on his athleticism and couldn't shoot outside 5 ft. :facepalm
They both end up with the same stats...it dont matter how they play, they have the same statistical impact.

Both cant be the 1st option on a winning team in the NBA

ImKobe
03-04-2019, 10:39 AM
They both end up with the same stats...it dont matter how they play, they have the same statistical impact.

Both cant be the 1st option on a winning team in the NBA

Yeah, go back to playing 2K.

Mask the Embiid
03-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Yeah, go back to playing 2K.
20/5/5 on low 40's% shooting from the field (maybe 7 rebounds because he's so tall)

thats what he is....thats all he will ever be deal with it

Ghost1
03-04-2019, 11:07 AM
20/5/5 on low 40's% shooting from the field (maybe 7 rebounds because he's so tall)

December: 21.1 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 6.1 APG

January: 22.4 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 6.4 APG

February: 24.4 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 7.4 APG

Gileraracer
03-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Go compare their rookie stats.

Ok you're back?

:oldlol: :oldlol:

yeah...

Rookie stats don't define your career.

Evans: 20/5/6 on 46/25/75
Lebron: 21/6/6 on 42/29/75

Their careers didn't exactly develop the same way.

brooks_thompson
03-04-2019, 11:53 AM
https://zupimages.net/up/19/09/ms9y.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/09/ms9y.jpg)

Why is that ice made of urine?

ImKobe
03-04-2019, 11:57 AM

21/7/6 56%TS in just 32 mpg

Evans averaged 20/5/6 on 53%TS in 37 mpg and couldn't score outside the paint.

Completely different players and in completely different situations. Doncic is younger and is already one of the most clutch players in the league with a very polished game.

FKAri
03-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Why is that ice made of urine?
It's just the Hawks' official team colors. Blood and urine.

DMAVS41
03-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Maybe Porzingus won't be his Boogie Cousins, and maybe he will stay healthy, unlike Tyreke.Very similar rookie years if you adjust for the freedom of movement rule effect,kids coming into the league now as better shooters than in 09, and height effect (which makes the game easier)

They aren't similar players though...that is your problem.

I'll bet you any amount of money you want that Luka ends up with a better career than Evans (barring catastrophic injury)...

And we both know you'll never take that bet....so I don't understand what your point is.

I do agree with you that this trade has the potential to be amazing for the Hawks if they hit their draft pick this year.

However, I really do think this is a trade in which both teams would do it again for sure...and I think that sentiment likely continues for some time unless something big changes like injuries or something.