PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry gets extremely lonely on the road, so says Adam Silver

Ben Simmons 25
03-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Hey, I can't imagine what it's like to be him... even with all that money... **** that shit. I understand completely without having a true appreciation for it. If you're that famous, how the **** are you supposed to live your life in a normal way whatsoever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ1lFirN91E&t=1705

Silver clearly misremembered the day because I examined the schedule and there was no superstar player that played in Miami on a Sunday in all of February. In fact, there were no games in Miami on a Sunday for the entire month.

Hey, I guess he could have been talking about Westbrook butttttt... I don't think Westbrook's wife is known for leading a busy life... but Steph's wife clearly is. But yeah, Westbrook and Curry are the only two married superstars that visited Miami in all of February.

The only superstar that visited Miami in all of January was Kyrie Irving, and he's not married.

warriorfan
03-04-2019, 10:01 PM
It can be tough to relate to others when you are so hung

Ben Simmons 25
03-04-2019, 10:03 PM
It can be tough to relate to others when you are so hung

Nah, on a serious note... being that famous has to be extremely isolating. He can keep the money... I don't want that life.

eliteballer
03-04-2019, 10:05 PM
First world problems.

Ben Simmons 25
03-04-2019, 10:08 PM
First world problems.

They're better problems to have than dying of aids in a ditch, but you clearly don't understand what it would be like to be in those shoes.

warriorfan
03-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Nah, on a serious note... being that famous has to be extremely isolating. He can keep the money... I don't want that life.

True. When I was younger I thought it would be all that and wouldn

eliteballer
03-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Apparently what I said went WAY over your head:roll:

Ben Simmons 25
03-04-2019, 10:13 PM
True. When I was younger I thought it would be all that and wouldn’t get it when people would try to say it wouldn’t. I get it now though. It would be entertaining at first but get old fast and end up downright suffocating.

Yep, it would be entertaining for a while and very fun, especially with women, but ultimately, you picked the right word... suffocating. I value privacy way too much for that.

Apparently what I said went WAY over your head:roll:

Were you mocking what he thought the default response would be? Otherwise, no, I don't get it.

sammichoffate
03-04-2019, 10:22 PM
I think this has always been the case, it's just becoming more acceptable to talk about it compared to being called a p**** and dealing with it by others.

RoseCity07
03-04-2019, 11:13 PM
I was listening to Bill Burr's podcast a whille back and his wife was on it. She mentioned that Bill calls her saying he misses her and his daughter.

All the money in the world can't replace the people that matter most in your life. I get that. No one said there wouldn't be a downside to getting paid all that money. Everything in this life has a trade-off.

RoseCity07
03-04-2019, 11:20 PM
By the way checking the schedule I'm thinking it's more likely Westbrook or Paul George.

Ben Simmons 25
03-04-2019, 11:26 PM
By the way checking the schedule I'm thinking it's more likely Westbrook or Paul George.

No, it's Curry.

Paul George also isn't married... and he's not a superstar, regardless of how good he is.

Only way to know "for sure" would be to know Silvers' itinerary, which I don't know. I'm 90% sure it's Curry.

MrFonzworth
03-05-2019, 02:30 AM
He was most likely talking about Wade. His wife is a famous actor. I remember thinking something was wrong with him when he was in Cleveland, he always looked pissed or out of it. I didn't click the link though so my only context is the OP, so excuse me if it's blatantly wrong.

But between Westbrook or Curry, I'd say it was Westbrook. He's one of the most emotional players in the league and his wife I assume takes care of their kids for most of the day. Two if which are twins getting ready to enter the Terrible Two phase. That for me qualifies as living a busy life.

But what really intrigued me was this article.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/4xzq49/russell-westbrook-the-legacy-of-khelcey-barrs

Childhood friend dying would certainly leave a void on anyone who isn't insane. But what really convinced me is the article referencing Dorrell Wright several times, they were teammates. And guess where Wright played at for most of his NBA career?

Miami.

Very plausible Westbrook, in Miami, could have met with or seen Wright, and that would naturally bring back memories of his passed friend.

MrFonzworth
03-05-2019, 02:32 AM
Just watched the video. There goes my theory.