PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 all time, I'll give him that.

Bosnian Sajo
03-05-2019, 02:27 AM
But forever shut the **** up about him being top 5, let alone the goat.

Top 5 is reserved for mj, kaj, Kobe, wilt, shaq. Followed by magic, bird, Hakeem, Russell, Duncan or lebron. No order for the latter 6, tough to say who is out of top 10.

Soundwave
03-05-2019, 02:30 AM
His GOAT case was never legit anyway it was always based on recency bias, as in he's still playing, any time a player is still in their career their status is overrated.

Once people have seen the downside of your career and you've been retired for a bit then you can be properly judged.

3 titles is somewhat underwhelming, just one scoring title, MVPs are OK, but it's not like he's way above others in that respect, Finals record is appalling bad.

He never objectively had a great case for GOAT, it was a lot of hot air from his fanboys that was always going to fizzle out.

FKAri
03-05-2019, 02:35 AM
You can't just sneak Kobe into the top 5 like that and not expect to get called out on it :oldlol:

kennethgriffen
03-05-2019, 02:35 AM
how is Choke better than any of these guys

Air
Cap
Bill
Magic
Legend
Mamba
Diesel
Dream
Dipper
Fundamental

go ahead.. give me your case for Choke

STATUTORY
03-05-2019, 02:36 AM
he's not top 10 PERIOD.

AirTupac
03-05-2019, 02:37 AM
LOL at him EVER fking being ranked ahead of Kobe. Absolute joke.

kennethgriffen
03-05-2019, 02:38 AM
You can't just sneak Kobe into the top 5 like that and not expect to get called out on it :oldlol:

all we ever hear is "lebron isnt kobe let alone MJ"

well what does that equate to????

i'll admit bill and kareem also deserve to be ahead of him but nobody else has a clear cut case

NBASTATMAN
03-05-2019, 02:40 AM

Top 5 is reserved for mj, kaj, Kobe, wilt, shaq. Followed by magic, bird, Hakeem, Russell, Duncan or lebron. No order for the latter 6, tough to say who is out of top 10.

Lebron is the third best all time..

And he is most likely the best player to have ever played with this amount of minutes played.. Kareem may have him but that is the only player..

Bosnian Sajo
03-05-2019, 02:42 AM
all we ever hear is "lebron isnt kobe let alone MJ"

well what does that equate to????

i'll admit bill and kareem deserve to be ahead of him but nobody else has a clear cut case

Bill is overrated af.won 10 titles in a league of 8 teams with an uber stacked squad...I got MJ and KAJ over Kobe, that's it. Magic himself solidified Kobe as the GOAT Laker, not like magic played for any other team. Shaq solidified Kobe as greater than himself. Even with his 3 fmvps.

NBASTATMAN
03-05-2019, 02:43 AM
how is Choke better than any of these guys

Air
Cap
Bill
Magic
Legend
Lebron
Diesel
Dream
Dipper
Fundamental

go ahead.. give me your case for Choke

You are correct.. Kobe the 30 percent finals performer isnt on these guys level.. :bowdown:

And Gilbert Arenas prime was better than Kobe at 24 years old.. YOU SAID THAT .. :roll: :banana: :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
03-05-2019, 02:43 AM
Lebron is the third best all time..

And he is most likely the best player to have ever played with this amount of minutes played.. Kareem may have him but that is the only player..

Get the **** outta here. 9 finals trips and 3 titles to show for, hes the 3rd best??? Jerry West is #2 if that's the case.

kennethgriffen
03-05-2019, 02:45 AM
Bill is overrated af.won 10 titles in a league of 8 teams with an uber stacked squad...I got MJ and KAJ over Kobe, that's it. Magic himself solidified Kobe as the GOAT Laker, not like magic played for any other team. Shaq solidified Kobe as greater than himself. Even with his 3 fmvps.

i think.... you just f*cking convinced me

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/82/48/89/8248895894438de6086599384eacc9e0.jpg

kennethgriffen
03-05-2019, 02:47 AM
You are correct.. Kobe the 30 percent finals performer isnt on these guys level.. :bowdown:

And Gilbert Arenas prime was better than Kobe at 24 years old.. YOU SAID THAT .. :roll: :banana: :oldlol:

2004 kobe was hurt. a lot of guys were better than him throughout history. he wore a shoulder brace and leg brace almost all year

and i think kobe was 25 that year

shit.. 2012 lebron was better than 2004 kobe

NBASTATMAN
03-05-2019, 02:47 AM
Get the **** outta here. 9 finals trips and 3 titles to show for, hes the 3rd best??? Jerry West is #2 if that's the case.

He has 3 titles ..

OKC 3 HOF players
SPUR 4 HOF PLAYERS. Though Manu will only get in because of his international experience..
GSW 3 HOF players and the best team ever in regular season.

Lebron has more MVP's than Kobe ,Shaq, and Hakeem combined.. :lol

Jerry West says Lebron is top 3.. To think Kobe's biggest supporter and mentor says Lebron is better than Kobe. Jerry has stated that Kobe is top 10 all time..

THAT HAS TO HURT KOBESTANS

SouBeachTalents
03-05-2019, 02:48 AM
2004 kobe was hurt. a lot of guys were better than him throughout history. he wore a shoulder brace and leg brace almost all year

Shit... 2011 LeBron might've been better

sammichoffate
03-05-2019, 02:51 AM
https://i.gifer.com/P3pQ.gif

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-05-2019, 02:51 AM
His GOAT case was never legit anyway it was always based on recency bias, as in he's still playing, any time a player is still in their career their status is overrated.

Once people have seen the downside of your career and you've been retired for a bit then you can be properly judged.

3 titles is somewhat underwhelming, just one scoring title, MVPs are OK, but it's not like he's way above others in that respect, Finals record is appalling bad.

He never objectively had a great case for GOAT, it was a lot of hot air from his fanboys that was always going to fizzle out.

this

nikkas cant be objective when someones playing. We only know the highs and good times since theyre still in their primes

as their careers near a close and end we can be more objective

kennethgriffen
03-05-2019, 02:52 AM
Shit... 2011 LeBron might've been better

na i'd rank 2004 kobe over lebron from pretty much every year except 2012.. that was realistically his only great season on both ends with posting up and inviting contact/ taking the toughest assignment etc..

sammichoffate
03-05-2019, 02:54 AM
this

nikkas cant be objective when someones playing. We only know the highs and good times since theyre still in their primes

as their careers near a close and end we can be more objectiveIdk about that, even the worst Kobe stans didn't have him top 3 of all time when he was still playing lol

SouBeachTalents
03-05-2019, 02:56 AM
this

as their careers near a close and end we can be more objective
I'd actually argue the opposite, a lot of the times the former greats never have their bad moments brought up. You never hear anything negative about Magic or Bird, and very little even about the likes of Shaq & Hakeem; and they've all had embarrassing moments in their careers that are not only rarely ever discussed, they're hardly even known about.

Mr Feeny
03-05-2019, 02:58 AM
Idk about that, even the worst Kobe stans didn't have him top 3 of all time when he was still playing lol

Kobe was never as good as LeBron, though. So that isn't surprising.

kennethgriffen
03-05-2019, 02:58 AM
Kobe was never as good as LeBron, though. So that isn't surprising.

who coached the 2013 lakers

Mr Feeny
03-05-2019, 02:59 AM
who coached the 2013 lakers

Jerry West, I think.

stalkerforlife
03-05-2019, 03:00 AM
Respect to OP for understanding this and running our fantasy league with great leadership.

But Bran isn't even top 10.

Mr.GOAT2408
03-05-2019, 03:19 AM
Kobe is definitely in the mix for top 5, he's like top 8 at the absolute worst, what drugs are you haters on?? Obviously Jordan was better and I'll give Kareem the nod due to longevity (overrated peak) and Russell due to being the GOAT winner/defender/leader but he's right there with anyone else that's ever played. Deal with it

Anyway, honestly OP I won't even give him top 10 talks. He needs to win a title with the Lakers to have a decent argument for the top 10 but he'll most likely be fringe top 15 when it's all said and done.

aj1987
03-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Only person not named MJ (in the history of the sport) with 4 MVP's and 3 FMVP's.

Also, did you swap your brain with Pickernrollers? West went to the SAME number of Finals and LeBron and won only ONCE. How does that put him over LeBron at #2 in your scenario? :facepalm

:roll: :roll:

Brick is not even remotely close to being top 5. You're having this massive meltdown over LeBron missing the PO's in his 16th season. Brick missed the PO's during his PEAK. Let that sink in.

MVP's are ok? Only 4 others have the same number or more in the history of the sport.

Do scoring titles really matter when evaluating players? Kobe is considered one of the GOAT scorers and he has TWO scoring titles in 20 seasons.

Pretty much. He's top 5 without question though.

Kobe is definitely in the mix for top 5, he's like top 8 at the absolute worst, what drugs are you haters on?? Obviously Jordan was better and I'll give Kareem the nod due to longevity (overrated peak) and Russell due to being the GOAT winner/defender/leader but he's right there with anyone else that's ever played. Deal with it

Anyway, honestly OP I won't even give him top 10 talks. He needs to win a title with the Lakers to have a decent argument for the top 10 but he'll most likely be fringe top 15 when it's all said and done.
How many accounts do you need to post your retarded BS?

sdot_thadon
03-05-2019, 09:56 AM

2012 lebron was better than any kobe.

Mr Feeny
03-05-2019, 10:41 AM
He will still go down as a top 3 all time player minimum. The GOAT argument might be over; he's not going to catch Jordan, it seems. But top 3 all time is really something.

pauk
03-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Shit, fellow Bosnians can be that Kobetardistic aswell?

Kobe has 1 mvp, 2 fmvp, 2 championships HE led his team to and 3 sidekick rings that came in the same vein of John Havlicek... Shaq/Duncan/Magic and yes Lebron (especially Lebron unfortunately) did more and were more prominent talents with more impactful basketball abilities....

Why is it so hard to accept?

Lebron is not the GOAT... but Kobe should never be ranked ahead of Lebron or Shaq/Duncan/Magic.... ever.... he just doesnt have the accolades and unfortunately his basketball ability wasnt better (even tho it was damn entertaining).

All im saying is if you have Lebron even in the Top 10, but that low down.... you might aswell just leave him out of Top 10.

Mr.GOAT2408
03-05-2019, 03:29 PM
How many accounts do you need to post your retarded BS?
This is the only account I've used here, nothing retarded about my points. Just facts that you LeBronies who also stan D-Whistle can't accept :lol

fileman1209
03-05-2019, 03:37 PM
OP has Kobe top 5 all time :roll: :roll: :lol

NBAGOAT
03-05-2019, 03:44 PM
Kobe

Ben Simmons 25
03-05-2019, 03:45 PM
Bill Russell is the GOAT, you blubbering morons.

sammichoffate
03-05-2019, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]Kobe

kennethgriffen
03-05-2019, 04:01 PM
2012 lebron was better than any kobe.

na he still needed a colluded big 3 to get the job done. and a rigged series vs the celtics ... plus it was an easy shortened fake season

2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 kobe > 2012 lebron

ronniec
03-05-2019, 04:02 PM
I'd actually argue the opposite, a lot of the times the former greats never have their bad moments brought up. You never hear anything negative about Magic or Bird, and very little even about the likes of Shaq & Hakeem; and they've all had embarrassing moments in their careers that are not only rarely ever discussed, they're hardly even known about.

Please don't tell me a few bad games do count as "embarrassing moments".

As far as I know, nobody said Magic and Bird giving up on their teams, faking injuries, flopping, dancing at the sideline, and said something stupid.

NBAGOAT
03-05-2019, 04:09 PM
LeBron stans do it all the time to other players, gtfo of here :lol If that's also the case, then no one should gaf about LeBron passing MJ in total points since it was at the end of his career.

Kuzma, Hart, Ingram, Rondo/Lonzo should be more than enough to make the 8th seed in the West. This team last year also could've gotten 40 wins if they didn't have injuries, the excuses for LeBron never stop :facepalm

lebron stans do that, I dont. I just treat the mj wizards years or kobe post 2013 like they have no value at all. You should be right but listing names and thinking they look good on paper doesnt work out as often as we think. I dont wanna argue about the lakers underperforming this year since that wasnt my point but I will just state it's not like injuries werent a factor this year either.

ArbitraryWater
03-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Kobe stans trying to get their timely punch in :roll: :roll:

Bro, give it up...

LeBron >>> Kobe, forever and ever.

sdot_thadon
03-05-2019, 06:50 PM
na he still needed a colluded big 3 to get the job done. and a rigged series vs the celtics ... plus it was an easy shortened fake season

2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 kobe > 2012 lebron
:biggums:

Manny98
03-05-2019, 06:53 PM
OP has Kobe top 5 all time :roll: :roll: :lol
:roll: :roll:

sammichoffate
03-05-2019, 07:00 PM
lebron stans do that, I dont. I just treat the mj wizards years or kobe post 2013 like they have no value at all. You should be right but listing names and thinking they look good on paper doesnt work out as often as we think. I dont wanna argue about the lakers underperforming this year since that wasnt my point but I will just state it's not like injuries werent a factor this year either.Do you think the Lakers would have won more if the trade rumors hadn't gotten out hand for AD? That's much more of a reason for why this s*** is going on imo.

3ball
03-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Who else can you win multiple rings with just 1 all-star teammate? Only the MJ/Kobe skillset make it that easy to build a multiple-time winner (the goat skillset).. :confusedshrug:

It's almost like MJ never retired and was playing thru kobe - Kobe proved that even a lesser version of the MJ skillset/brand was a juggernaut champion and easiest to build around.. that brand totaled 8 rings plus however many you want to count of the Shaq/Kobe years

aj1987
03-07-2019, 02:07 AM
This is the only account I've used here, nothing retarded about my points. Just facts that you LeBronies who also stan D-Whistle can't accept :lol
:oldlol:

FACT is LeBron is a top 3 GOAT and Brick is about to get kicked out of the top 15. This has you Brick turds triggered beyond belief and melting down on all the dozens of accounts you have.