PDA

View Full Version : Why I think Kobe > LeBron.

AirTupac
03-05-2019, 12:20 PM
I love how Bron stans are making a last defence push. The truth of the matter is recency bias is the only reason LeBron talk had any traction. A player is truly judged after their retired and the career has been seen and the recency bias has died down. LeBrons overall career is determined by a number of things. His failures in the finals have always been because of the same thing... he just doesnt have the mental make up of the guys higher on the list. You talk about winners (like Bird does) and he picks Kobe over Bron. Most guys do. Kobe wins. Kobe literally wills teams to win. He wouldnt have folded like Bron has this season.

The only difference with this season is that Bron is now in the spotlight. His SAME deficiencies are showing -- holds ball, gets his stats, was never a great defender, mental make up has been generally weak. He has been saved by lesser players in big moments. Thats not trolling, thats a fact. His other finals were pissed poor. Yes he had one of the best playoff runs last year, but he's also had some embarassing ones. Ones where he was favorited. Ones with super teams built and overall that record is pretty garbage when its all said and done. This season encapsulates Bron to a T. At the end of the day, when its all said and done. People will pick Kobe over Bron, because despite the stats.... one guy is a better champion and overall a better player because of his ability to win. You know... the reason why they play ball

Also:

https://i.postimg.cc/B66RXPQY/lebron-terrible-defence.gif

NBASTATMAN
03-05-2019, 12:23 PM
I love how Bron stans are making a last defence push. The truth of the matter is recency bias is the only reason LeBron talk had any traction. A player is truly judged after their retired and the career has been seen and the recency bias has died down. LeBrons overall career is determined by a number of things. His failures in the finals have always been because of the same thing... he just doesnt have the mental make up of the guys higher on the list. You talk about winners (like Bird does) and he picks Kobe over Bron. Most guys do. Kobe wins. Kobe literally wills teams to win. He wouldnt have folded like Bron has this season.

The only difference with this season is that Bron is now in the spotlight. His SAME deficiencies are showing -- holds ball, gets his stats, was never a great defender, mental make up has been generally weak. He has been saved by lesser players in big moments. Thats not trolling, thats a fact. His other finals were pissed poor. Yes he had one of the best playoff runs last year, but he's also had some embarassing ones. Ones where he was favorited. Ones with super teams built and overall that record is pretty garbage when its all said and done. This season encapsulates Bron to a T. At the end of the day, when its all said and done. People will pick Kobe over Bron, because despite the stats.... one guy is a better champion and overall a better player because of his ability to win. You know... the reason why they play ball

Also:

THIS DUDE IS HAVING A MELTDOWN..

KYRIE SAYING BRON WAS STILL THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA REALLY HURTING THESE KOBESTANS..

:roll:

AirTupac
03-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Didn't Kyrie ditch him? Is that the argument you want to make?

StrongLurk
03-05-2019, 12:26 PM
OP just posted a bunch of narrative drivel.

I will say Kobe and Lebron ARE pretty different players so for a lot of people it simply boils down to who do you like better?

Just like Magic and Bird.

DaHeezy
03-05-2019, 12:28 PM
OP, maybe wait a week after you came back from ODing on a blunt. Get that weed out your system before posting

FKAri
03-05-2019, 12:30 PM
I was expecting a serious thread. But you just posted how you always do. So these are your actual, serious thoughts on basketball? :oldlol:

AirTupac
03-05-2019, 12:36 PM
I was expecting a serious thread. But you just posted how you always do. So these are your actual, serious thoughts on basketball? :oldlol:

Great retort bro. Amazing work. 0% of your posts are useful except hugging LeBrons nuts :rolleyes:

NBASTATMAN
03-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Great retort bro. Amazing work. 0% of your posts are useful except hugging LeBrons nuts :rolleyes:

meltdown .. Kyrie says Bron is the da MAN.. :applause:

sdot_thadon
03-05-2019, 01:24 PM
thread should be called: why you ducked my reply in the original thread and did this deserve its own thread?

AirTupac
03-05-2019, 01:27 PM
"It's a team game" "Injuries" "Coaching" "Front office" "Mercury is in retrograde"

You call yourself the greatest, but can't get the 8 seed? I do not believe the teams vying for the 8 seed are significantly better than the Lakers. It's a grass is greener on the other side. This team should be good enough for the 8 seed if Lebron actually bought in. E-I-G-H-T seed, while he's still relatively in his prime? It's a joke to miss the playoffs and legitimizes many of the past criticisms folks, including myself, have had of him - laughably weak EC which inflated his Finals appearances, questionable leadership, even more questionable mentality and clutch ability. Over the years I actually came to respect his overall game / accomplishments (I have him top 9 or 8 all-time), you'd have to be a hater not to, but man, those criticisms are still as valid as ever.

I do not care about his stats. Never have, never will. If you're not doing the things that lead to the W, I don't care how many 30 point triple doubles you put up while lazily passing the rock to Rondo and Bullock in a must win game and having Kyle KUZMA of all people shoving you to play defense to get the damn 8 seed. If you're selectively deciding when to turn it on and off, or activate some playoff mode, or load management, or other litany of nonsense, you lost the right to point fingers at everyone else and drive the bus over them, statistics and GOAT status be damned.

E-I-G-H-T seed?

NBASTATMAN
03-05-2019, 01:39 PM
"It's a team game" "Injuries" "Coaching" "Front office" "Mercury is in retrograde"

You call yourself the greatest, but can't get the 8 seed? I do not believe the teams vying for the 8 seed are significantly better than the Lakers. It's a grass is greener on the other side. This team should be good enough for the 8 seed if Lebron actually bought in. E-I-G-H-T seed, while he's still relatively in his prime? It's a joke to miss the playoffs and legitimizes many of the past criticisms folks, including myself, have had of him - laughably weak EC which inflated his Finals appearances, questionable leadership, even more questionable mentality and clutch ability. Over the years I actually came to respect his overall game / accomplishments (I have him top 9 or 8 all-time), you'd have to be a hater not to, but man, those criticisms are still as valid as ever.

I do not care about his stats. Never have, never will. If you're not doing the things that lead to the W, I don't care how many 30 point triple doubles you put up while lazily passing the rock to Rondo and Bullock in a must win game and having Kyle KUZMA of all people shoving you to play defense to get the damn 8 seed. If you're selectively deciding when to turn it on and off, or activate some playoff mode, or load management, or other litany of nonsense, you lost the right to point fingers at everyone else and drive the bus over them, statistics and GOAT status be damned.

E-I-G-H-T seed?

Didnt read but

YOU ARE HAVING A MELTDOWN :lol

bigkingsfan
03-05-2019, 01:44 PM
Hey bro, this isn't Lakersground, stop being to serious.

Manny98
03-05-2019, 02:42 PM
Hey bro, this isn't Lakersground, stop being to serious.
He's been on his best behaviour since the mods have started banning people again :oldlol:

Vino24
03-05-2019, 02:49 PM
Kyrie openly admitted that he needs a player like Bron on the Celtics

fileman1209
03-05-2019, 03:04 PM
OP just posted a bunch of narrative drivel.

I will say Kobe and Lebron ARE pretty different players so for a lot of people it simply boils down to who do you like better?

Just like Magic and Bird.

nope, LeBron is objectively better, and it's not that close. I'd take 8 or 9 LeBron seasons over Kobe best year

L8krH8tr
03-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Wow this lonely bi polar weirdo doesn

Mr.GOAT2408
03-05-2019, 03:38 PM
Got a LeStan responding in ALL CAPS about a supposed meltdown :roll:

Nah, OP spitting the truth which is something you LeStalinists don't like to hear :roll:

Manny98
03-05-2019, 04:05 PM
Got a LeStan responding in ALL CAPS about a supposed meltdown :roll:

Nah, OP spitting the truth which is something you LeStalinists don't like to hear :roll:
Another Straight_Ballin alt :roll: