PDA

View Full Version : Giannis: "I'm a Nigerian"

90sgoat
03-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Giannis: [QUOTE]

FKAri
03-05-2019, 05:31 PM
BREAKING:

"Greek culture has no discipline, respecting your elders, or morals.

Manny98
03-05-2019, 05:31 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/jQ9wfxmUPmGMU/giphy.gif

fourkicks44
03-05-2019, 05:32 PM
Another W for the African fam :applause:

90sgoat
03-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Another W for the African fam :applause:

You think anyone european considers Giannis greek? Or Serge Ibaka spanish?

:lol

90sgoat
03-05-2019, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=FKAri]BREAKING:

BANE?
03-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Probably sees himself as a Nigerian and not a Greek which makes sense. Although Nigerian freak doesn

90sgoat
03-05-2019, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=BANE?]Probably sees himself as a Nigerian and not a Greek which makes sense. Although Nigerian freak doesn

hiphopanonymous
03-05-2019, 06:13 PM
Euroleague fuming right now - the nbas best ever Greek player is back to Spanoulis (2.7ppg on 27%)

Trollsmasher
03-05-2019, 06:44 PM
yeah that sounds like Nigerian culture:lol

meanwhile

https://www.thenational.ae/opinion/comment/elections-have-ceased-to-mean-much-in-nigeria-1.833402

Marchesk
03-05-2019, 06:46 PM
Probably sees himself as a Nigerian and not a Greek which makes sense. Although Nigerian freak doesn’t have the same ring to it as Greek freak

There was a Nigerian Nightmare:

https://dasg7xwmldix6.cloudfront.net/episodes/144841_KpZdCh9P.jpg

And you thought Lebron had a stiff arm.

Akrazotile
03-05-2019, 06:49 PM
There was a Nigerian Nightmare:

And you thought Lebron had a stiff arm.

You need to watch what you say.

This is a warning.

Marchesk
03-05-2019, 06:50 PM

This is a warning.

Which part?

You need to be more clear with what you say.

http://proplayerinsiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Christian-Okoye.jpg

bullettooth
03-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Oh my god, no way! He looked so Greek though! Had me fooled!

90sgoat
03-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Euroleague?

Mods?

kentatm
03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Pretty sure he's said that most Greeks treated him and his family like shit until he got famous. Sorry Greece. Next time don't be so racist and your immigrant children might want to claim you.

JohnMax
03-05-2019, 08:22 PM
http://oi63.tinypic.com/33xf1fk.jpg

r0drig0lac
03-05-2019, 08:47 PM
Euroleague fuming right now - the nbas best ever Greek player is back to Spanoulis (2.7ppg on 27%)
https://media.giphy.com/media/HPvfnOuz1tOgg/giphy.gif

FireDavidKahn
03-05-2019, 09:53 PM

This is a warning.
I see you've never heard of Christian Okoye.

FreezingTsmoove
03-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Hold this L, Euro whites

Another one !

Akrazotile
03-05-2019, 10:31 PM
I see you've never heard of Christian Okoye.

:biggums:

You better check my forte (https://youtu.be/iZzqU9fq2e4)
Loon get all lays
On Broadway, they give a ***** raw yay all day, I
Ran through the game like Christian Okoye
How can the chicks ignore me, when the chicks adore me??

Bro I was talkin bout the “bron stiff arm” nonsense :crazysam:

ralph_i_el
03-05-2019, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=FKAri]BREAKING:

90sgoat
03-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Hold this L, Euro whites

Another one !

I don't know why you and others (such as on Reddit), think this is some kind of loss for euros?

Americans really have a warped sense of reality. TV isn't real you know.

Even my father, who is a leftist asshole, frequently complains about blacks on european national teams.

Bronbron23
03-05-2019, 11:40 PM
This shouldn't be news. It's always race and culture before country. It's always been that way for the most part. Its funny how when Canadian or American Greeks or Lebanese say there Lebanese or Greek everyone is fine with it. When a black person from Canada or america say there African people look at them sideways.

90sgoat
03-05-2019, 11:52 PM
This shouldn't be news. It's always race and culture before country. It's always been that way for the most part. Its funny how when Canadian or American Greeks or Lebanese say there Lebanese or Greek everyone is fine with it. When a black person from Canada or america say there African people look at them sideways.

There's a massive double standard in that immigrants and deluded white leftists will say that "of course they are american/greek/whatever" of some immigrant, but in private the same immigrants would proudly declare to be indian or lebanese or whatever.

I've never seen an immigrant get their blood boiling over some insult to their new country. I've seen immigrants practically stage civil wars with other immigrants all the time: kurds vs turks, shias vs sunnis etc.

It's completely pathetic and why I think this is so great that the cucks who call Giannis greek get their deserved scorn.

There shouldn't be a single african on any european national team.

AngelEyes
03-05-2019, 11:52 PM
This is nothing. Giannis has always taken pride in his Nigerian roots and his Greek upbringing, this is nothing new.

gabepizza
03-06-2019, 12:30 AM
So why did he play for the Greek NT?

AngelEyes
03-06-2019, 12:35 AM
So why did he play for the Greek NT?

Because he's proud of being a Greek citizen . . . he's also proud of his Nigerian ancestry. The two are not mutually exclusive. There's a reason he has a Nigerian flag and a Greek flag on his twitter account, he's proud of both. People are attempting to create division and create a controversy where there isn't one.

Bronbron23
03-06-2019, 12:39 AM
Because he's proud of being a Greek citizen . . . he's also proud of his Nigerian ancestry. The two are not mutually exclusive. There's a reason he has a Nigerian flag and a Greek flag on his twitter account, he's proud of both. People are attempting to create division and create a controversy where there isn't one.
Shiiiiit this dude out here giving y'all dummies an edumacation :roll:

Ray22
03-06-2019, 01:10 AM

Exactly. Giannis has said many times that he considers himself Greek-Nigerian.

The last time, in his personal account on twitter, where he says that he considers Greece his homeland (https://twitter.com/Giannis_An34/status/1062952630937366528/photo/1).

Are you actually comparing Ibaka, who was born, and lived until he was 17 in Congo, to Giannis?

Giannis was born and raised in Greece. His native language is Greek. His best friends are all Greeks. Every summer he is back in Greece. He has never even been in Nigeria in his whole life. He chose to play for the Greek NT.

This is from the night he was drafted:

http://www.nba.com/media/global/antet-greece-130708-670.jpg

Doesn't look like a Nigerian flag to me.

And if you bothered to read the whole interview you would understand that he is talking about roots and ancestry.

Giannis:

Greece got CUCKED big time.

Of course he sees himself as a nigerian, it's completely stupid to think he would feel otherwise. Only deluded hippies would think otherwise. It's funny to imagine the butthurt of greek hardcore fans though.

It's completely pathetic and why I think this is so great that the cucks who call Giannis greek get their deserved scorn.

Nevermind. You are a f*cking idiot. :facepalm

PejaNowitzki
03-06-2019, 01:22 AM
This is nothing. Giannis has always taken pride in his Nigerian roots and his Greek upbringing, this is nothing new.

This. He was born in Greece, raised in Greece, lived most of his life in Greece. Not sure he's even been to Nigeria. He clearly has an appreciation for his Nigerian roots, like many first generation Americans have an appreciation for the culture of their parents and the land they came from.

He's made it clear that he considers himself both Greek and Nigerian. Not different from many Americans who consider themselves Mexican and American, Italian and American, German and American, Chinese and American...etc.

People reading far more into these comments then it actually there. He's talked at length about Greek friends and others who helped him along in his career and were there to support him. He plays for the Greek National Team and still has a home there.

Mr.GOAT2408
03-06-2019, 03:01 AM
Yeah, he's embraced both his Nigerian roots and his Greek upbringing.

I like calling him the Greek God because of the greek mythology aspect, but Nigerian Nightmare is such an awesome name even if it's already taken it's a very fitting name for Giannis and his style of play and it's the opposite of Hakeem's own nickname

fourkicks44
03-06-2019, 05:08 AM
Yeah, he's embraced both his Nigerian roots and his Greek upbringing.

I like calling him the Greek God because of the greek mythology aspect, but Nigerian Nightmare is such an awesome name even if it's already taken it's a very fitting name for Giannis and his style of play and it's the opposite of Hakeem's own nickname

Nigerian nightmare is backdoor racist. Associating black with a bad dream?

I know you probably didn't mean it but you need to recognize.

ImKobe
03-06-2019, 05:49 AM

This is ISH. We don't use common sense.

Jasper
03-06-2019, 10:19 AM
when I interviewed him , he said he was a Wisconsinite thru and thru

Artillery
03-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Pretty sure he's said that most Greeks treated him and his family like shit until he got famous. Sorry Greece. Next time don't be so racist and your immigrant children might want to claim you.

What do you expect from a country who's 2nd most popular political entity is a neo-nazi party. Greece is backwards as hell compared to the rest of Europe.

Akrazotile
03-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Nigerian nightmare is backdoor racist. Associating black with a bad dream?

I know you probably didn't mean it but you need to recognize.

I don't know enough about this poster to know if this is topical satire or extreme cringeworthy hypersensitivity.

Mindblown.exe

Akrazotile
03-06-2019, 02:05 PM
What do you expect from a country who's 2nd most popular political entity is a neo-nazi party. Greece is backwards as hell compared to the rest of Europe.

Swamping one's country with migrants is definitely forward-thinking progress. Greece needs to catch tf up.

PejaNowitzki
03-06-2019, 02:07 PM

So popular that they are a vast minority in government. They hold 18 seats out of 300. The party that actually is in power is incredibly progressive.

Rudeboy3
03-06-2019, 02:25 PM
This is a lie, he's never once said this. He's literally said the upset, Greeks gave him and his family clothes to wear, jobs and were the reason why he got into pro basketball

Rudeboy3
03-06-2019, 02:29 PM
The only reason why i stan Giannis is because he's Nigerian like me and we're both from the same tribe. Oldaipo is too much of a fk nikka for me to be a fan of, dudes a lame.

And semi is a fat bum :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pushxx
03-06-2019, 03:20 PM

He never said that lol

Akrazotile
03-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Kentatm going full fabricated sjw on some jussie smollet shit. :roll:

Hey Yo
03-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Allegedly been here only 2mos. yet knows who Euroleague is??

dumb alt is dumb.

ArbitraryWater
03-06-2019, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=FKAri]BREAKING:

wagexslave
03-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Giannis: "I'm a Nigerian through and through... Nigeria pride!!!"

Interviewer: "Do you ever plan to move there after you NBA career is over?"

Giannis: "LOL F*** NO. I visited my auntie there once and you got me all kinds of f***ed up if you think I'm ever stepping foot back in that country."

Smoke117
03-06-2019, 05:23 PM
Go back to Africa.

bullettooth
03-08-2019, 04:42 AM

If we're gonna go there (and I think we should) then a boatload of 'American' athletes aren't actually American.

brownmamba00
03-08-2019, 06:14 AM
Lol **** grease

Mask the Embiid
03-08-2019, 06:37 AM
i like how my post about whites so desperate to not be "plain white rice" so they rush out to buy dna ancestry test.Praying just to find at least 1% sub-Saharan African.So they can brag to their friends,reddit,youtube, and family about not being just another plain white riceball like them."look! look! im black!" was deleted.

but none of the post above me were removed :roll:

gotta love that plain white rice privilege.

plain white rice
plain white rice
see how it boils
see how it boils
yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

He choose us just like all mix people choose to role with us and identify as us

DEAL WITH IT RMWG or Jeff which everone of you deleted it.

90sgoat
03-08-2019, 09:16 AM
^ Dude, I think you should try to step foot outside the US.

You're in for a rude awakening as to racial relations, without a media that is hostile to the majority americans.

morbius
03-10-2019, 03:00 PM
If everything goes right (and that's a big if) this year I'll be getting my Greek citizenship, after 11 years living in Greece. Yeah, you read that right, 11 years until it was finally my turn to get into the process. This is an extremely nationalist country.

And now imagine Adentokoumpo who was born and raised here and they gave him the citizenship only when they realized he's going to be an awesome basketball player. If it was me in his shoes, I'd tell the whole Greece they can kiss my ass and I don't need anything from them any more. But I guess Giannis was a more forgiving person.

Manny98
03-10-2019, 03:02 PM
The only reason why i stan Giannis is because he's Nigerian like me and we're both from the same tribe. Oldaipo is too much of a fk nikka for me to be a fan of, dudes a lame.

And semi is a fat bum :roll: :roll: :roll:
What tribe? Your not Nigerian you lying ass nikka :roll:

90sgoat
03-10-2019, 03:14 PM
If everything goes right (and that's a big if) this year I'll be getting my Greek citizenship, after 11 years living in Greece. Yeah, you read that right, 11 years until it was finally my turn to get into the process. This is an extremely nationalist country.

And now imagine Adentokoumpo who was born and raised here and they gave him the citizenship only when they realized he's going to be an awesome basketball player. If it was me in his shoes, I'd tell the whole Greece they can kiss my ass and I don't need anything from them any more. But I guess Giannis was a more forgiving person.

The number of years you've lived in a country should in no way be enough for a citizenship.

10+ years should be a minimum. Then you'd have to prove that you love your new country and would be willing to die for it. Military service should help, so would having children with a local. Charity work.

It's an absolute travesty how European countries give away citizenship like candy.

Trollsmasher
03-10-2019, 04:13 PM
i like how my post about whites so desperate to not be "plain white rice" so they rush out to buy dna ancestry test.Praying just to find at least 1% sub-Saharan African.So they can brag to their friends,reddit,youtube, and family about not being just another plain white riceball like them."look! look! im black!" was deleted.

but none of the post above me were removed :roll:

gotta love that plain white rice privilege.

plain white rice
plain white rice
see how it boils
see how it boils
yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

He choose us just like all mix people choose to role with us and identify as us

DEAL WITH IT RMWG or Jeff which everone of you deleted it.
who the fvck would want to be in anyway black:biggums:

Rudeboy3
03-10-2019, 04:19 PM
What tribe? Your not Nigerian you lying ass nikka :roll:
I'm yoruba, I'm not letting you know my full name but my last name is Olateju

I was born in lagos, grew up there till i was 6 then moved to the UK.

SamuraiSWISH
03-10-2019, 04:25 PM
The number of years you've lived in a country should in no way be enough for a citizenship.

10+ years should be a minimum. Then you'd have to prove that you love your new country and would be willing to die for it. Military service should help, so would having children with a local. Charity work.

It's an absolute travesty how European countries give away citizenship like candy.
Agreed. Also Giannis is a dick for this. It

Manny98
03-10-2019, 04:54 PM
I'm yoruba, I'm not letting you know my full name but my last name is Olateju

I was born in lagos, grew up there till i was 6 then moved to the UK.
I'm yoruba as well :cheers:

gabepizza
03-10-2019, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Agreed. Also Giannis is a dick for this. It

90sgoat
03-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Noah is not even the worst of the worst. His parents were both French and he lived in France as a child for like 10 years.

The two worse I can think of are Chris Kaman who played for Germany because hie great grandparents were German and Ibaka who played for Spain where he lived for less then 3 years as a teenager.

But Ibaka is the worst of the worst. Kaman wouldn't make Team USA so he decided to play for Team Germany. Ibaka on the on the other hand could have played for an Africa Team (The Congo) like his parents did but instead choose Spain where he basically had a layover in the airport. And this is after the dunk contest in the all star game where he had people bring in all all the African flags shown to prove how proud he is too be African and then goes and plays for Spain. He is a hypocrite and the lowest of the low, human vermin.

It's the spanish national team directors who are a disgrace. They just want to win and make a mockery of the concept of national teams.

moongaze
03-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Everyone wants to be Nigerian after Kamaru Usman beat the shit out of TWood

East River Livn'
03-11-2019, 05:38 AM
Everyone likes the hyphen in their name until asked if they'd like to move to their "native" country. :oldlol:

And how is Giannis so tall? Nigeria is becoming a nation of pygmies. They used to be tall but are shrinking rapidly in height for some reason.

Rudeboy3
03-11-2019, 07:18 AM
Noah is not even the worst of the worst. His parents were both French and he lived in France as a child for like 10 years.

The two worse I can think of are Chris Kaman who played for Germany because hie great grandparents were German and Ibaka who played for Spain where he lived for less then 3 years as a teenager.

But Ibaka is the worst of the worst. Kaman wouldn't make Team USA so he decided to play for Team Germany. Ibaka on the on the other hand could have played for an Africa Team (The Congo) like his parents did but instead choose Spain where he basically had a layover in the airport. And this is after the dunk contest in the all star game where he had people bring in all all the African flags shown to prove how proud he is too be African and then goes and plays for Spain. He is a hypocrite and the lowest of the low, human vermin.
Some of you nikkas are way too emotionally invested in this, calm the fk down :biggums:

90sgoat
03-11-2019, 07:24 AM
Everyone likes the hyphen in their name until asked if they'd like to move to their "native" country. :oldlol:

And how is Giannis so tall? Nigeria is becoming a nation of pygmies. They used to be tall but are shrinking rapidly in height for some reason.

Really?

Maybe it's because they are overpopulated and living in filthy cities.

chains5000
03-11-2019, 07:26 AM
ISH is full of racists.

morbius
03-12-2019, 10:39 AM

Bullshit. People should not be penalized for not winning a lottery of being born into a more developed country. Merit over luck. If you can in five years prove you can really contribute, you should be in, no nonsense.

That American nativism is pure garbage, you're all a bunch of immigrants, yet you hate immigrants. Trump's grandfather is immigrant, his mother is immigrant, his wife is immigrant and yet, he is a champion of anti-immigration? Hypocrite bullshit.

90sgoat
03-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Bullshit. People should not be penalized for not winning a lottery of being born into a more developed country. Merit over luck. If you can in five years prove you can really contribute, you should be in, no nonsense.

That American nativism is pure garbage, you're all a bunch of immigrants, yet you hate immigrants. Trump's grandfather is immigrant, his mother is immigrant, his wife is immigrant and yet, he is a champion of anti-immigration? Hypocrite bullshit.

It's not winning the lottery to be born in a certain country, it's being given the torch by a thousand year string of winners in life. Your parents and their parents and their parents, worked hard and fought, so that their ancestors would have a nice life.

This is why the ghetto mentality holds people back. You got to be willing to sacrifice for your children, even if you yourself will not have an easy life.

NumberSix
03-12-2019, 01:42 PM

Being in a county illegally is not immigration.

morbius
03-12-2019, 03:43 PM
It's not winning the lottery to be born in a certain country, it's being given the torch by a thousand year string of winners in life. Your parents and their parents and their parents, worked hard and fought, so that their ancestors would have a nice life.

This is why the ghetto mentality holds people back. You got to be willing to sacrifice for your children, even if you yourself will not have an easy life.

Really? Well, my parents worked hard for the future, and their parents before them, and their parents before them. And then came one dictator and ruined in ten years what took generations to build!

And consider yourselves unbelievably lucky that your Trump is a 72 year old fatal-stroke-just-waiting-to-happen or you'd also get a chance to witness what I witnessed, how an imbecile populist with a huge ego can destroy your country in a decade.

So don't assume that when people are in trouble, it must have been their fault. There is nothing exceptional about America, you were mostly just lucky.

morbius
03-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Being in a county illegally is not immigration.
:biggums:
Yes, it is. It is in fact called 'illegal immigration'.

90sgoat
03-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Really? Well, my parents worked hard for the future, and their parents before them, and their parents before them. And then came one dictator and ruined in ten years what took generations to build!

And consider yourselves unbelievably lucky that your Trump is a 72 year old fatal-stroke-just-waiting-to-happen or you'd also get a chance to witness what I witnessed, how an imbecile populist with a huge ego can destroy your country in a decade.

So don't assume that when people are in trouble, it must have been their fault. There is nothing exceptional about America, you were mostly just lucky.

I'm not american.

We're talking about Giannis.

Greece survived as a nation for 3000 years, against Persians, Romans, Ottomans, Turks and now you want them to forget their 3000 year history and make Giannis a greek, just because someone says he is?

What does it matter? Why do people care so much about being part of a country which is not theirs? Why can't Giannis just be a nigerian who grew up in Greece and still be a great basketball player.

morbius
03-12-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm not american.

Greece survived as a nation for 3000 years, against Persians, Romans, Ottomans, Turks and now you want them to forget their 3000 year history and make Giannis a greek, just because someone says he is?

What does it matter? Why do people care so much about being part of a country which is not theirs? Why can't Giannis just be a nigerian who grew up in Greece and still be a great basketball player.

If he wants to be a Nigerian, nothing wrong with that. But he is born and raised in Greece, which should give him a right to the citizenship by every legal standard of every sane country. But in Greece you actually have 30 year olds who lived their whole lives here and never knew any other home but Greece and they are not citizens, which is a god damn disgrace.

fourkicks44
03-12-2019, 05:10 PM
I'm not american.

Lets be serious tho, the only reason immigrants go to Greece is because it is easy to get too. It is a purely geographic decision.

Bronbron23
03-12-2019, 05:57 PM

One of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. 1000 years lol. Slavery only ended 150 years ago. Most of the first world nation's got rich off forcing others to do the hard work. Blacks have only really been given a fair shot in the last few decades. White people have basically had a 600 year head start. It has nothing to do with sacrifice and the b.s you talking.

90sgoat
03-12-2019, 06:01 PM
One of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. 1000 years lol. Slavery only ended 150 years ago. Most of the first world nation's got rich off forcing others to do the hard work. Blacks have only really been given a fair shot in the last few decades. White people have basically had a 600 year head start. It has nothing to do with sacrifice and the b.s you talking.

Greece never had slaves they WERE slaves for 400 years (http://saintandrewgoc.org/home/2018/3/26/greece-400-years-of-slavery-under-the-ottoman-turks-1453-1821), you dumb fukk product of a ghetto school. Greece became independent 100 years ago!

Holy shit, how do you make it through the day.

Do you know why it's called slavery? It's because the SLAVS were taken for centuries by the millions to be slaves.

Man, you guys need your school money back.