PDA

View Full Version : Are the Warriors mortal this year?

Celtics 1825
03-06-2019, 02:12 AM
After tonight's game and seeing the Warriors struggles for the majority of this season I gotta ask... Are the Warriors finally mortal this season?

I know it's the regular season but it's still worth noting that 1. They aren't really blowing out teams with ease anymore like they used to and 2. They struggle to beat or even lose to mediocre teams such as the Heat and Magic. The Boogie signing isn't what many people expected it to be. He's had some good games but overall he's nowhere near the player he was before the Achilles tear. Most of the time he looks sluggish and misses too many easy shots, and he seems to be settling for 3's too often. Draymond hasn't been as good as he was before, and they have little to no depth as has been the case the past couple of years.

Obviously they still have Steph, KD and Klay and are going to be championship favorites, but is it possible that this may be the year that the Warriors dynasty begins to crumble? Offseason aside, We know the Rockets give them trouble (see last year), and the Celtics seem to be a bad matchup for them. If the final ends up being Boston vs Golden State then I think it's going to be closer than a lot of people expect, and that's not just my bias talking.

Golden State's path to the championship will be the hardest it's been in the KD era and it's not out of the question that they could get upset early if they don't pick it up in the playoffs.

4pointshot
03-06-2019, 02:25 AM
As a Dubs fan, I thought the dynasty was starting to crumble last year. It's definitely gotten worse this year. They started off the season very well, 10-1, then Curry and Green got hurt, and they went 8-8. Even back at full strength, they went 5-4 with a negative point differential. They finally resumed their dominance,for a while, but again, look really poor. They have 5 net points over the last 12 games.

You expect a blow-out loss once in a while, even in 2015-16 that happened, but there have far too many of them this year, often to teams without their best player, and at home, where they were virtually unbeatable in 2014-15 and 2015-16.

Honestly, I think they've just lost a lot of their motivation, and think they can turn it back on in the postseason. It seems to be mostly defense.

Marchesk
03-06-2019, 02:45 AM
Meh, they still have the best record in the West. Let's see how they play when it matters.

Xiao Yao You
03-06-2019, 02:48 AM
Mediocre D and Cousins makes them vulnerable

RoseCity07
03-06-2019, 02:53 AM
They look more beatable than ever but I have to see them lose playoff games before I'll believe. If they lose 2 games in the first round I'll know they aren't invincible.

Mr.GOAT2408
03-06-2019, 02:54 AM
I can see them lose in the playoffs, it's unlikely but several teams looked poised to win it all for a 3rd straight time only to crumble at the end. 2011 Lakers, 1989 Lakers off the top of my head

Deep playoff runs in general can do that especially playing in the bloodbath out in the west

Celtics 1825
03-06-2019, 03:15 AM
I can see them lose in the playoffs, it's unlikely but several teams looked poised to win it all for a 3rd straight time only to crumble at the end. 2011 Lakers, 1989 Lakers off the top of my head

Deep playoff runs in general can do that especially playing in the bloodbath out in the west
2014 Heat as well

Yeah, championship fatigue is definitely setting in with the team at this point. There's a reason why the 3 peat is such a celebrated feat as it has only been done 3 times in the modern era, twice by the same guy, and all 3 had the same coach at the helm.

My prediction is that the Warriors will be able to complete the 3 peat but they'll have to fight for it. It won't be a cakewalk whatsoever. I say Warriors beat the Celtics in the finals but in 7 hard fought games.

Rocket
03-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Yes they are definitely mortal this year. They were mortal last year. Houston would have beaten them if CP3 didn't get hurt for game 7. The Warriors took the subtraction by addition route this year by adding a cancerous player like Boogie Cousins to the roster.

Phoenix
03-06-2019, 09:03 AM
I still have a hard time seeing a team beat a *healthy* Warriors squad 4/7 but I've felt for a while that their invincibility aura has diminished and the league is catching up to their playstyle.

LAVAR BALL
03-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Hmmm didn't we saw the exacts same threads just one year ago?

then they steamrolled on everyone, save the rockets

Manny98
03-06-2019, 09:36 AM
I said before the season started that OKC were going to take them down

Their defense isn't what it used to be in 2015-2018 + fatigue from going to four straight finals + adding a high usage big like Cousins has ruined the flow of their offence + is a liability on defense

It will be OKC vs Celtics in the finals

ArbitraryWater
03-06-2019, 09:44 AM
why do you ask this?

they were beaten last year, so, yea

stalkerforlife
03-06-2019, 09:44 AM
This year? They were mortal last year; it took an injury to Paul to get to the finals.

They're complacent, there's chemistry issues, and Cousins is a bad defender.

ArbitraryWater
03-06-2019, 09:45 AM
I still have a hard time seeing a team beat a *healthy* Warriors squad 4/7 but I've felt for a while that their invincibility aura has diminished and the league is catching up to their playstyle.

catching up to their playstyle is another lazy sports analogy :lol

stalkerforlife
03-06-2019, 09:46 AM
And they were only built up as some out of this world super team by Bran's media to save their investment.

Dray and Klay were never the players Bran's PR team made them out to be.

Haymaker
03-06-2019, 10:03 AM
They look mentally drained due to the hardships of getting to the finals year after year, but they're still the best team in the league talent-wise. My guess is that Bogut's imminent signing could give them that emotional push/motivation they need to take it up a notch or two.

Ben Simmons 25
03-06-2019, 10:05 AM
And they were only built up as some out of this world super team by Bran's media to save their investment.

Dray and Klay were never the players Bran's PR team made them out to be.

A peer into Stalker's mind:

"LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron..."

Jasper
03-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Curry is the best player in the world , last night in 31 minutes he brought back the Warriors against the Celtics and lost by 30+ points with 23 points.

Very serviceable

stalkerforlife
03-06-2019, 11:07 AM
A peer into Stalker's mind:

"LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, LeBron..."

That's you, ironically.

People like you created the monster with lies and people like me that love and respect the game have to constantly run behind you and clean the shit you leave everywhere.

Wally450
03-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Their bench is garbage compared to past years. I didn't even know half of the bench guys that came in yesterday.

Also, Boogie has been a net negative when he's on the floor.

Celtics 1825
03-06-2019, 02:27 PM
Their bench is garbage compared to past years. I didn't even know half of the bench guys that came in yesterday.

Also, Boogie has been a net negative when he's on the floor.
Plus the bench players who used to be good (Livingston, Iggy) are getting old and are quickly becoming a shell of their former selves at this point. As for the rest, McKinnie and Looney are decent, Jerebko has a good game once in a blue moon, but everyone else is ass.

And yeah Boogie is subtraction by addition. Everyone who was freaking out about "5 all stars" clearly don't understand how bad Achilles injuries can be.

Xiao Yao You
03-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Plus the bench players who used to be good (Livingston, Iggy) are getting old and are quickly becoming a shell of their former selves at this point. As for the rest, McKinnie and Looney are decent, Jerebko has a good game once in a blue moon, but everyone else is ass.

And yeah Boogie is subtraction by addition. Everyone who was freaking out about "5 all stars" clearly don't understand how bad Achilles injuries can be.

Achilles or not Cousins was never a great defender, efficient offensive player or a winner

AirFederer
03-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Boogie bringing dat Melo effect

hold this L
03-06-2019, 08:01 PM
They're definitely drained and there for the taking. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Rockets take them down this year.

Curry is the best player in the world , last night in 31 minutes he brought back the Warriors against the Celtics and lost by 30+ points with 23 points.

Very serviceable
Curry is in your head almost as much as Lebron's d*ck is in your mouth. Someone help this man out.