PDA

View Full Version : Celtics are at their best when Hayward is the first option

Vino24
03-06-2019, 02:25 AM
This is a fact. They play confident team basketball but more importantly there are more high percentage shots being taken when Hayward gets his

Celtics 1825
03-06-2019, 02:31 AM
I don't know about first but at this point he needs to be third option MINIMUM, and preferably second.

The reason he's barely been scoring the last few games mostly has to do with the fact that he's hardly getting any touches. He's only been able to get like 3 or 4 shots a night and that's not enough to get into a consistent rhythm. We saw that he still has the ability to get hot if given enough opportunities like tonight.

Brad needs to move Brown and Hayward back into the starting lineup at this point. Morris has been bad the past month and should be moved back to the bench and Smart is better when he comes off the bench.

Smoke117
03-06-2019, 02:32 AM
Water is wet.

brooks_thompson
03-06-2019, 02:54 AM
Don't get too cute just yet...I feel like that's up to Hayward to decide. He has the opportunity, but is he gonna assert himself?

Mask the Embiid
03-06-2019, 06:25 AM
Celtics are at their best when Hayward is the first option

https://i.postimg.cc/63LSGSJH/image.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
03-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Hayward has some good games. He also had some bad games and he's never been first option. His three thirty point games he didn't even start. Those were just games where he was on.

nayte
03-06-2019, 07:23 AM
This is a fact. They play confident team basketball but more importantly there are more high percentage shots being taken when Hayward gets his

Not saying u are wrong. But u got some facts for your so called fact

Jasper
03-06-2019, 10:17 AM
Still getting his legs back , but what a night , he scored more points than minutes..
great game for him.

'Toine=MVP
03-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Very few teams have ever won with a PG being by far their best scorer. It is just too much of a load for one person to carry. Kyrie is the Celtics best player by far, even if Hayward and/or Tatum end up getting higher point totals.

The problem is Hayward has refused to score despite the team trying to get him as many opportunities as possible. He's been a shell of himself.

Wally450
03-06-2019, 11:26 AM
You can say that about literally anyone. The Celtics aren't built to have one guy be the 1st option. It changes game to game depending on matchups. Good ball movement setting up good shots is what this offense is about. Hayward knew he had to play better after the last Golden State game. He did that and more last night. Gotta do it consistently though.

ronniec
03-06-2019, 12:08 PM
Chemistry and playing minutes are the two biggest issues for the Celtics for the whole season.

Once they click in, they are good.

I will not use last night's game to say how great they are.
They are not, but they can be really competitive when things are clicking.

They are still missing a big man IMO.