PDA

View Full Version : Lakers monthly Defensive RTG

tamaraw08
03-06-2019, 02:37 PM
November ranked 3rd best- 103.4 pts- 14 games
Dec ranked 9th, 106.7 pts-15 games
January ranked 6th, 107.6 pts-15 games.
Feb ranked 26th at 116.4.
Last 12 games, DEAD LAST, RANKED 30TH AT 117.2 PTS.

bison
03-06-2019, 02:38 PM
The Lonzo effect

Ben Simmons 25
03-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Lonzo is the only player on the entire team that defends so this isn't surprising.

It is surprising to me, however, that they're the 3rd worst three point shooting team in the league and in addition to being one of the worst defenses... that they've even managed to stay around .500 ball.

STATUTORY
03-06-2019, 02:44 PM
until defense factors into the PER formula, Lebron will not be playing it

guy only cares about boxscore stats and nothing more

Manny98
03-06-2019, 02:48 PM
OP can you explain this please?

https://i.postimg.cc/yYWxqzCh/Screenshot-20190306-184703.jpg

bison
03-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Did OP blame Lebron? He was just showing the monthly decline of Lakers defense. Obv played good D in Nov and Dec when Lebron was healthy.

The Lakers defensive problems aren't at the individual level, they are on the team level. The defensive chemistry became broken when Lonzo went down. Lonzo was the glue guy on defense who got the rest of the team going defensively when he was on the floor.

bullettooth
03-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Did OP blame Lebron? He was just showing the monthly decline of Lakers defense. Obv played good D in Nov and Dec when Lebron was healthy.

http://i68.tinypic.com/33trnld.jpg

tamaraw08
03-06-2019, 03:26 PM

The Lakers defensive problems aren't at the individual level, they are on the team level. The defensive chemistry became broken when Lonzo went down. Lonzo was the glue guy on defense who got the rest of the team going defensively when he was on the floor.

Exactly:rockon:
Manny may have mistook me for another Lebron hater who is trying to make another thread blaming Lebron for something petty.
If there's anything tho, it just seems to me it's Luke Walton getting exposed now that Lonzo is not playing.

NBASTATMAN
03-06-2019, 06:13 PM
Lakers have quit on defense.. They are looking to get their stats to make sure they get that money when it comes due..

Cant blame them, Lebron and Magic thru them under the bus..

BTW Lebron has one of the best defensive ratings on his team.. Better defensive rating thaN KD..

Dude may still be the best player in the NBA.. Kyrie agrees :applause:

EVEN WITH A MESSED UP GROIN :bowdown:

bladefd
03-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Lakers stopped playing hard and stopped caring. It can all be tied to the AD trade talks circulating around a week before all-star break. Lakers players felt unwanted by the team and 'Bron. They began questioning their future in LA, and it all spiraled out of control from there.

They played hard twice after all-star break. Once against Houston and once against the Bucks. That's it - they were brain dead the other games, just going through the motions :confusedshrug:

qrich
03-06-2019, 10:15 PM
Lack of leadership, period.

LeBron and the loss of D'Lo set the Lakers franchise back since the front office decided to keep the young guys around and not deal them when they had high value.

Indian guy
03-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Luke's decision to inexplicably go small about a month or so ago has been the biggest reason for their defensive slide. McGee averaged almost 25 mpg prior to February. Since? 17 mpg. And while Chandler's been hurt, he's still barely seen the court even when he has been available.

Totally stupid for a team that's won with defense all season to suddenly stop playing its bigs. Even more so when you're built like LA and you aren't really substituting that lack of size with more shooting on the court (they can't shoot).

tamaraw08
03-07-2019, 10:37 PM
Luke's decision to inexplicably go small about a month or so ago has been the biggest reason for their defensive slide. McGee averaged almost 25 mpg prior to February. Since? 17 mpg. And while Chandler's been hurt, he's still barely seen the court even when he has been available.

Totally stupid for a team that's won with defense all season to suddenly stop playing its bigs. Even more so when you're built like LA and you aren't really substituting that lack of size with more shooting on the court (they can't shoot).

I don't think Luke is a genius but I don't think he is that stupid to simply sit JaVale without a valid reason. Yes he looked great the first 2.5 months but something went wrong and there has to be a logical reason/s why he only played less then 10 minutes his last 2 years with the Warriors.
But yes, Luke has been known to hate playing 7-footers from Mozgov, to Brook to Javale and lastly Zubac.

FKAri
03-07-2019, 10:38 PM
I don't think Luke is a genius but I don't think he is that stupid to simply sit JaVale without a valid reason. Yes he looked great the first 2.5 months but something went wrong and there has to be a logical reason/s why he only played less then 10 minutes his last 2 years with the Warriors.
But yes, Luke has been known to hate playing 7-footers from Mozgov, to Brook to Javale and lastly Zubac.
They traded Zubac because Javale was complaining about minutes :oldlol:
Well one of the reasons.