305Baller
03-06-2019, 10:32 PM
Up in the stands. Punching fatsoes.
He did it.

:lol

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IndeliblePossibleCockroach-small.gif

brooks_thompson
03-07-2019, 05:26 AM
Damn! He landed a solid punch there. One guy threw a beer, and if you assume Artest went after that guy, it's hilarious that Jackson just starts going after innocents and mowing them down. The Jermaine O'Neal cold **** was acceptable since the guy ran on the floor. Man, times have changed. I can still remember clear as day my roommate going 'holy shit' and yelling at me from the next room to come check out what was happening.

305Baller
03-07-2019, 05:29 AM
Damn! He landed a solid punch there. One guy threw a beer, and if you assume Artest went after that guy, it's hilarious that Jackson just starts going after innocents and mowing them down. The Jermaine O'Neal cold **** was acceptable since the guy ran on the floor. Man, times have changed. I can still remember clear as day my roommate going 'holy shit' and yelling at me from the next room to come check out what was happening.

You know it, brooksy. What a melee. The league has really toned it down since peak thug years.

theballerFKA Ace
03-07-2019, 12:52 PM
I wonder how much money that guy got? A settlement was reached 4 years later but no one knows how much he got paid except the Pacers and the guy involved.

The fight cost Jackson 1.7mil in salary alone and Artest 5mil.

Artest is truly a dummy. He naively asked Jackson if he thought they'd get in trouble for this back in the locker room and Jackson was like "Dude! We'll be lucky if we have jobs after this!"

You knew Artest was an idiot as soon as he entered the league. He spent all his rookie contract money immediately and literally had to go work at Best Buy during the offseason.

tontoz
03-07-2019, 01:02 PM
I was watching that game live with a friend. We were watching in silence and finally he says " Do you believe this". Then when JO landed that punch we started laughing and cheering him on.

sammichoffate
03-07-2019, 01:12 PM
I was watching that game live with a friend. We were watching in silence and finally he says " Do you believe this". Then when JO landed that punch we started laughing and cheering him on.https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DampAncientIslandwhistler-small.gif
:applause:

theballerFKA Ace
03-07-2019, 01:27 PM
That fat guy deserved what he got for stepping on the court. But poor guy was just trying to grab his idiot fat ass friend who was trying to engage with Artest, slips on a spilled soda, starts trying get up, sees JO coming at him, holds up his hands like "No wait! I don't want to fight you!", then gets layed out.

Simply awesome :roll:

PistonsFan#21
03-07-2019, 01:41 PM
Those were the days...

Haymaker
03-07-2019, 01:43 PM
I remember watching that live on TV. It all happened so fast that it seemed like a blur and we couldn't believe what was going on. I watched every replay on Sportscenter.

ImKobe
03-07-2019, 02:07 PM
I was watching that game live with a friend. We were watching in silence and finally he says " Do you believe this". Then when JO landed that punch we started laughing and cheering him on.

I don't think many people understand how close Jermaine was to killing that dude.

305Baller
03-07-2019, 03:20 PM
How did the NBA and Pistons not get incredibly sued by these fans?

Hint: They secretly loved getting punched by these guys.

Prometheus
03-07-2019, 04:08 PM
I was a junior in HS when that game happened. Pretty sure it was a beat friday night with no parties and I remember turning on that game - then smoking a lot and passing out on my couch.

It was weird because I basically slept through the whole game, and I shit you not I woke up like just 3 minutes before the brawl. I saw maybe two possessions and then the fiasco where ben wallace shoved artest by the neck and everything after. Can't believe I woke up just in time like that. When the shit broke loose I felt like I must be dreaming.

Overdrive
03-07-2019, 04:14 PM
That gave Nash MVPs.

tpols
03-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Grade A entertainment. :applause:

tpols
03-07-2019, 04:28 PM
I wonder how much money that guy got? A settlement was reached 4 years later but no one knows how much he got paid except the Pacers and the guy involved.

Artest is truly a dummy. He naively asked Jackson if he thought they'd get in trouble for this back in the locker room and Jackson was like "Dude! We'll be lucky if we have jobs after this!"

You knew Artest was an idiot as soon as he entered the league. He spent all his rookie contract money immediately and literally had to go work at Best Buy during the offseason.

Ron artest is like a scarier mike Tyson imo because he's legit insane

305Baller
03-07-2019, 04:30 PM

Ah there was a settlement. ok.

red1
03-07-2019, 06:39 PM
that was a huge day for player-fatty relations. that was the day that the fattys learned they can't just run their mouth without repercussions.

there's a reason why you never see stephen jackson and brian windhorst at the same table. one wrong word and it's curtains for ol' windy...

E_Stamkos
03-07-2019, 08:34 PM
I was a junior in HS when that game happened. Pretty sure it was a beat friday night with no parties and I remember turning on that game - then smoking a lot and passing out on my couch.

It was weird because I basically slept through the whole game, and I shit you not I woke up like just 3 minutes before the brawl. I saw maybe two possessions and then the fiasco where ben wallace shoved artest by the neck and everything after. Can't believe I woke up just in time like that. When the shit broke loose I felt like I must be dreaming.

That's hilarious man.

Such a 'is this real life" moment.

305Baller
03-07-2019, 08:45 PM

yeah, that must have felt like a lucid dream too. trippy....