PDA

View Full Version : Career FG made: MJ - 12192. LeGED - 11748

Shaquille O'Neal
03-07-2019, 10:40 AM
:lol
But..but...3 pointers don't matter, right Lebronalts?

G0ATbe
03-07-2019, 10:49 AM
So to sum it up:

More points

1000 less shots

6 years younger

The league shortened the 3pt line to accommodate MJs lack of range and you're still using it as an excuse?

Manny98
03-07-2019, 10:52 AM
LeBron is the GOAT accept it no shame in being 2nd Jordan fans

3ball
03-07-2019, 10:52 AM
So to sum it up:

More points

1000 less shots

6 years younger

The league shortened the 3pt line to accommodate MJs lack of range and you're still using it as an excuse?
Lebron averaged a lot less points, yet has almost no edge in shooting efficiency, and is behind in per possession efficiency

So MJ averaged a lot more points with nearly equal shooting efficiency, and greater per possession efficiency

Obviously, lebron would be more dominant if he averaged a lot more points on better efficiency...

kennethgriffen
03-07-2019, 10:54 AM
So to sum it up:

More points

1000 less shots

6 years younger

Malone > MJ?

Da_Realist
03-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Scoring is so much easier now it's not even comparable. The numbers don't mean anything anymore. Any Bulls version of MJ could average 40 today if he set that as a goal. You got a stiff like LeBron shooting 75% of his shots at the rim because there's no one to contest and the lanes are wide open. MJ was quicker, more crafty and more creative in the half court at every stage of his Bulls career than LeBron.

MJistheGOAT
03-07-2019, 11:01 AM
It's incredible how LePush fans forgot about some stat named points per game.

Go look ppg regular season, ppg playoffs and points per possesion.

Then, they talk about age when MJ needed aprox 1.5 seasons less games to the same total points, even without the 3p chucking, spacing and no defense fest of this era.

I understand them, in full damage control mode after the push and missing playoffs in his 1st season in the West.

Shaquille O'Neal
03-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Scoring is so much easier now it's not even comparable. The numbers don't mean anything anymore. Any Bulls version of MJ could average 40 today if he set that as a goal. You got a stiff like LeBron shooting 75% of his shots at the rim because there's no one to contest and the lanes are wide open. MJ was quicker, more crafty and more creative in the half court at every stage of his Bulls career than LeBron.

The absolute truth.

I don't see them mentioning anything about Free Throw % today - I mean that's a big part of scoring, right?

sdot_thadon
03-07-2019, 11:08 AM
So what you mean is your thread title should say: Lebron's efficiency >> Mj's efficiency?
Thanks op but i think most of us knew that.

3ball
03-07-2019, 11:19 AM
So what you mean is your thread title should say: Lebron's efficiency >> Mj's efficiency?
Thanks op but i think most of us knew that.
MJ averaged 3-5 more ppg on better offensive efficiency (ortg or PER)... :confusedshrug:

So why would you say Lebron is more efficient - it's a fact that his offensive efficiency was LOWER than mj's... :facepalm ...

Despite scoring the most frequently, MJ had the highest offensive efficiency out of Kobe/Durant/Lebron/Harden/Wade - any high-scoring perimeter player

hiphopanonymous
03-07-2019, 11:22 AM
So to sum it up:

More points

1000 less shots

6 years younger

The league banned defense in the LeBron era

Uncle Drew
03-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Malone > MJ?

Jordan has been quickly falling down the consensus rankings as of late. Having Malone over Dad Killer seems about right.

3ball
03-07-2019, 12:36 PM
1200 more shots for mj because he was shooting nearly all 2's and a lot of stuff wasn't a foul on perimeter players back then, so less fouls shots for ball handlers

But still nearly the same shooting efficiency despite 3-5 more ppg ON AVERAGE..

that's a big margin considering the high level these guys are already at - you rarely see gaps like that in ANY profession at the high levels

AirTupac
03-07-2019, 12:40 PM
So his mom was a crack hood hoe?

He's a food stamps nikka?

He has his GED while cheating to get it?

Sick.

bullettooth
03-07-2019, 12:41 PM
LeBron is the GOAT accept it no shame in being 2nd Jordan fans

This guy?

https://i.giphy.com/media/7Toe9ML7M9aw7Sd3f6/source.gif