PDA

View Full Version : What are you ok with your team offering Malcolm Malcolm Brogdon this summer?

Kblaze8855
03-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Hes a 16/5/3 player in his prime(26) shooting 51% overall 44% from 3 and 93% from the line starting for a team on pace for 62 wins.

Someone is gonna come up short in free agency and try to add him as someone to make the fans calm down about their failure arent they?

Hes restricted and the Bucks want to contend for rings now and going forward to keep Giannis happy(remember his comments last year?) so I imagine teams know they have to hit them with a serious offer or the Bucks will match it no questions asked.

Is some shitty organization gonna throw him 100 million with the cap rising 10 million next year and 10 more in 2021?

You storming the gates at your GMs house if he offers Malcolm 25 million a season when the cap will be at 120 in 2021?

highwhey
03-07-2019, 09:41 PM
how is his playmaking? suns desperately need a pg, but a pass first pg. one that can make plays for others.

ralph_i_el
03-07-2019, 10:13 PM
Having max player contracts is freaking stupid. It makes a lot of good players into drags on their team.

Let's say the individual cap is 30 million. It actually sucks to have a guy who is worth $30 million, because then you have to pay them the same as players who would be worth $50-60 million if there weren't any restrictions.

It would be a lot better if they got rid of the individual cap. Then players would have less incentive to team up, because they could make way more money as the leader of their own team. As it stands now, if I'm a top-5 player, I'm obviously going to team up with other stars, because every team can basically pay me the same amount, and I'm not going to get what I'm worth regardless of where I go.

If I could pay Durant $50m a year, It would be a real decision between getting big stars, or building a deep team. Right now it's all about getting at least 2 guys who are worth way more than the individual max, because you are getting extra production without paying for it

Guys like Brogdan should be coveted their entire career. With the way the rules are, we have to worry about screwing your team over by paying him as much as Steph Curry (who is worth way more than you are allowed to pay him).

The CBA is ****ed, but it won't change because most players end up getting paid more, because the top-5 or 10 guys have artificially lower salaries.

ralph_i_el
03-07-2019, 10:17 PM
Brogdan is an absolute stud. The definition of a heads up player. Super composed. Seems like a guy you would want to play with.

There's a reason they call him President Brogdan.

highwhey
03-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Brogdan is an absolute stud. The definition of a heads up player. Super composed. Seems like a guy you would want to play with.

There's a reason they call him President Brogdan.
but what about his playmaking? can he be a starting PG on a playoff team?

Milbuck
03-08-2019, 12:20 AM
how is his playmaking? suns desperately need a pg, but a pass first pg. one that can make plays for others.
Brogdon does not really fit this description. Love the guy and want him back on the team moving forward but any team that throws a lot of money at him hoping he's a legit point guard they can have as their primary or even secondary playmaker is gonna be disappointed, barring some unexpected leap in his development from now to next year.

He's in the ideal situation right now playing as a 3rd-4th option combo guard capitalizing on Giannis/Bledsoe/Middleton bending the defense. He's a knock down C&S guy and can torch closeouts & off balance defenders. He's not a guy you want actually running things.

highwhey
03-08-2019, 01:38 AM
Brogdon does not really fit this description. Love the guy and want him back on the team moving forward but any team that throws a lot of money at him hoping he's a legit point guard they can have as their primary or even secondary playmaker is gonna be disappointed, barring some unexpected leap in his development from now to next year.

He's in the ideal situation right now playing as a 3rd-4th option combo guard capitalizing on Giannis/Bledsoe/Middleton bending the defense. He's a knock down C&S guy and can torch closeouts & off balance defenders. He's not a guy you want actually running things.
ahh ok. this is what i suspected.

NBASTATMAN
03-08-2019, 02:01 AM
Lakers should make a run at him.. Offer 20 million a year for 4 years.. The guy can shoot and play.. Reminds me of Forbes from The SPURS only a bit better..

Lakers need guys who can shoot free throws and hit jumpers.. He also knows how to play smart team ball. You could pair him with Lonzo in the back court as well..

brooks_thompson
03-08-2019, 05:07 AM
$15 million is 'good starter' money to me. Ideally that's what he would make if I was building a team, and I feel like it's fair to both sides.

nayte
03-08-2019, 05:17 AM
Lakers should make a run at him.. Offer 20 million a year for 4 years.. The guy can shoot and play.. Reminds me of Forbes from The SPURS only a bit better..

Lakers need guys who can shoot free throws and hit jumpers.. He also knows how to play smart team ball. You could pair him with Lonzo in the back court as well..

I can go with this. Around 20 mil seems allright

ralph_i_el
03-08-2019, 10:33 AM
but what about his playmaking? can he be a starting PG on a playoff team?

Not really. He is a ball-mover, but he doesn't break down the defense to create for others. He can get his own shot when he needs to, and makes the right passes to keep the offense humming.

If the Suns are going to play through Booker and Ayton, he would be a good fit next to them

tamaraw08
03-08-2019, 11:54 AM

wow, 80 mil for 4 years that's a lot of dough. :( But I understand your point.
Can they get a cheaper alternative?
Darren Collison is currently shooting 41% and has a CAREER 3pt% of 39.5%
698 games. He's not a volume shooter though so he can get exposed.
What about the Lakers getting Curry?:confusedshrug:
I am serious.... Seth Curry. Career 43% 3pt shooter for 198 games.
In case you are wondering, I am including their career games bec Magic got duped by the fluke numbers of Josh Hart and KCP who shot 40% and 38% last year. :rolleyes:

highwhey
03-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Not really. He is a ball-mover, but he doesn't break down the defense to create for others. He can get his own shot when he needs to, and makes the right passes to keep the offense humming.

If the Suns are going to play through Booker and Ayton, he would be a good fit next to them
I don't think so. Booker is averaging 7AST this season since we don't have a proper PG, but it's hurting him everywhere else (shooting especially), bc he is best suited for an offball position with some plays being ran by him but not full time. No one on the team can pass the ball down to Ayton either, which is a shame bc he's a monster in the paint and very efficient.

We need a PG that can handle the ball most of the game and distribute it.

Malcom seems better suited for a team with an already established PG/primary playmakers. In MIlwaukee it seems bledsoe and giannis have those roles taken care of.

tamaraw08
03-08-2019, 02:26 PM
I don't think so. Booker is averaging 7AST this season since we don't have a proper PG, but it's hurting him everywhere else (shooting especially), bc he is best suited for an offball position with some plays being ran by him but not full time. No one on the team can pass the ball down to Ayton either, which is a shame bc he's a monster in the paint and very efficient.

We need a PG that can handle the ball most of the game and distribute it.

Malcom seems better suited for a team with an already established PG/primary playmakers. In MIlwaukee it seems bledsoe and giannis have those roles taken care of.

They need a PG like Elfrid Payton...oh wait,they had him last year, whey did they let him walk?:confusedshrug:

qrich
03-08-2019, 07:09 PM
All depends on how much the roster turns over, but as is, I wouldn't want Brogdon to be chased by the Clips just due to the guards I'm expecting will stick around (Shai, Rome, Ty, Bev & ShamWow). Brog may be better, but, rather use the cap space for positions of need.

Overall, I'd offer a 4/80 front loaded deal at the most, but think 4/70 is what I'd hope to agree too.

superduper
03-08-2019, 07:22 PM

Sadly on LeGOAT teams, all semblance of team ball dies. He would be turned into a spot up shooter.

I would give up Lin + Powell for Brogdon tbh. Take a pick too if you want.

dbugz
03-08-2019, 08:10 PM
He reminds me of Andre Miller. Very similar game style.