PDA

View Full Version : 'We tried to duck the Pistons in the late 80s' - Pippen

SpaceJam
03-08-2019, 09:43 PM
'We were definitely trying to dodge the Pistons, hoping someone else would take em out'

Discuss.

305Baller
03-08-2019, 09:44 PM
explains pippens meltdown

SamuraiSWISH
03-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Scottie probably felt that way, because he was a known softie.

Thus the migraine he forced himself to have in game seven, in a game where if he just played to his normal standards ... we would’ve been in the finals a year early

Pip is that rough type of cheap public bathroom toilet paper ... where as Pau Gasol was just straight up charmin soft.

3ball
03-08-2019, 10:04 PM
The bulls competed hard against the Pistons and tried to win

Even though the Bulls had 6 seeds, the Pistons never swept or beat the Bulls by record amount like Lebron's high seeds in 07/14/18

MJ only got swept with 8 seeds, in the 8 vs 1 matchup, so never with a good team like bron.. infact, MJ is the only top 10 player to never lose with a 1 or 2 seed (6-0), while everyone else lost a bunch (Kareem lost 9 times, lebron 6)

SpaceJam
03-08-2019, 10:09 PM
The bulls competed hard against the Pistons and tried to win

Even though the Bulls had 6 seeds, the Pistons never swept or beat the Bulls by record amount like Lebron's high seeds in 07/14/18

MJ only got swept with 8 seeds, in the 8 vs 1 matchup, so never with a good team like bron.. infact, MJ is the only top 10 player to never lose with a 1 or 2 seed (6-0), while everyone else lost a bunch (Kareem lost 9 times, lebron 6)

Did they try to win when the series was tied 2-2 in '89 and MJ only attempted 8 field goals?

3ball
03-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Did they try to win when the series was tied 2-2 in '89 and MJ only attempted 8 field goals?
Pipen averaged 9 ppg in that series - lebron never had a sidekick that weak.

The cast's weakness and Jordan's brilliance forced the Pistons to employ the Jordan Rules, which was a scheme to ONLY defend mj (he faced multiple defenders at all times)

This speaks to how weak his cast was (that they didn't merit defending).. again, lebron missed the playoffs this year with 3 teammates > 89' pippen, while MJ went to the ecf and took the champs 6 games

Smoke117
03-08-2019, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Scottie probably felt that way, because he was a known softie.

Thus the migraine he forced himself to have in game seven, in a game where if he just played to his normal standards ... we would

SpaceJam
03-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Pipen averaged 9 ppg in that series - lebron never had a sidekick that weak.

The cast's weakness and Jordan's brilliance forced the Pistons to employ the Jordan Rules, which was a scheme to ONLY defend mj (he faced multiple defenders at all times)

This speaks to how weak his cast was (that they didn't merit defending).. again, lebron missed the playoffs this year with 3 teammates > 89' pippen, while MJ went to the ecf and took the champs 6 games

Why did he go back to taking 26 shots in Game 6?

In fact he was averaging roughly 23 FGAs outside of the Game 5? So why in a pivotal game where a win would have resulted them in going up 3-2 against the defending east champs, did MJ only put up 8 shots?

Hodges had 19 that game, Bill Cartwright 16/12. You'd have to think if MJ put up his usual output they'd run away with it. So why didn't he

fileman1209
03-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Wow Jordan is a bitch

#NotMyGOAT

3ball
03-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Jordan was the leader of the team. If they were trying to duck the Pistons then that is on him. Pippen was just a role player till 1990.
It's not like they were saying that publicly back then

I don't see the issue

they were just THAT big of an underdog - they were massive underdogs in the 1st round, let alone the 89' ecf

Pippen averaged 9 ppg in that series - lebron never had a sidekick that weak.

The cast's weakness and Jordan's brilliance forced the Pistons to employ the Jordan Rules, which was a scheme to ONLY defend mj.. This speaks to how weak his cast was (that they didn't merit defending)..

again, lebron missed the playoffs this year with 3 teammates > 89' pippen, while MJ went to the ecf and took the champs 6 games.. this is one of the many glaring factors in the comparison

Smoke117
03-08-2019, 10:23 PM

I don't see the issue

they were just THAT big of an underdog - they were massive underdogs in the 1st round, let alone the 89' ecf

The cast's weakness and Jordan's brilliance forced the Pistons to employ the Jordan Rules, which was a scheme to ONLY defend mj.. This speaks to how weak his cast was (that they didn't merit defending)..

again, lebron missed the playoffs this year with 3 teammates > 89' pippen, while MJ went to the ecf and took the champs 6 games.. this is one of the many glaring factors in the comparison

Jordan a coward confirmed. Your hero is yellow.

SpaceJam
03-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Didn't really notice it because I guess I'm immune to it now, but jesus christ 3ball....can you make a post on ANY topic without bringing LeBron into it?

3ball
03-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Jordan a coward confirmed. Your hero is yellow.
Again, it's nothing.. I'm not even denying it.. it's just nothing

And shows how hurt you guys are that we were right: Leastern conference, Lecollude, Lebrick - this season proves everything right that we've been saying, so now ur losing it and reaching with weak threads like this

Smoke117
03-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Again, it's nothing.. I'm not even denying it.. it's just nothing

And shows how hurt you guys are that we were right: Leastern conference, Lecollude, Lebrick - this season proves everything right that we've been saying, so now ur losing it and reaching with weak threads like this

I am huh? You really are a headcase aren't you? How many times do I have to say it? I could care less about LeBron. I don't like him. I don't dislike him. He's always just bored me. I've even said that making a LeBron thread (whether positive or negative) should be an automatic ban on this board.

SpaceJam
03-08-2019, 10:30 PM

In fact he was averaging roughly 23 FGAs outside of the Game 5? So why in a pivotal game where a win would have resulted them in going up 3-2 against the defending east champs, did MJ only put up 8 shots?

Hodges had 19 that game, Bill Cartwright 16/12. You'd have to think if MJ put up his usual output they'd run away with it. So why didn't he

I'm waiting?

Rico2016
03-08-2019, 10:33 PM
This makes sense since Jordan has a losing record against Isaiah Thomas

ArbitraryWater
03-08-2019, 10:47 PM
weak mentality from MJ

very weak stuff from the leader

man, so we much hype

sdot_thadon
03-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Damn slowly but surely all spilling out the cup huh?

tpols
03-08-2019, 11:34 PM
pip is that rough type of cheap public bathroom toilet paper ... where as Pau Gasol was just straight up charmin soft.

:roll:

geez coach you been on a roll lately.

SamuraiSWISH
03-08-2019, 11:39 PM

geez coach you been on a roll lately.
Are you not entertained :wtf:

Mask the Embiid
03-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Pippen continues to bring Michael's legacy down :lol

i love it.

He has all that money yet Pippen has to work for ESPN instead of MJ setting him up with a multimillion dollar job where he does very little besides showing up to events with michael....pure p.o.s, he wouldnt have all that without Pippen, yet he still watches as he's forced to work for shitty espn to pay the bills

This is pathetic btw, to actually be an NBA player trying to avoid a team by throwing games.Might be the most pathetic thing ive ever heard sports wise if true.Not even trollin' this is a very VERY bad look for MJ

egokiller
03-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Imagine if MJ had a 27 ppg scorer against the pistons like LeBron had in that 2016 finals series.

egokiller
03-08-2019, 11:47 PM
Pippen continues to bring Michael's legacy down :lol

i love it.

He has all that money yet Pippen has to work for ESPN instead of MJ setting him up with a multimillion dollar job where he does very little besides showing up to events with michael....pure p.o.s, he wouldnt have all that without Pippen, yet he still watches as he's forced to work for shitty espn to pay the bills

This is pathetic btw to actually be a player trying to avoid a team by throwing games.Might be the most pathetic thing ive ever heard sports wise if true

So it's MJ's fault Pippen didn't use his money properly?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I love it.

SamuraiSWISH
03-08-2019, 11:50 PM
Dumb ass Pippen was known for horrendous investments ... squandering the stupid long term contracts he continually signed.

Mask the Embiid
03-08-2019, 11:51 PM
So it's MJ's fault Pippen didn't use his money properly?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I love it.
no but pippen was his right-hand man.He should be set for life with a job just like how lebron hooked up all of the ppl who made him who he is.Just like Jimmy Butler...Just like John Wall...Just like Porzingus....Just like Jokic....Just like every real mf in the NBA.Dont feel like naming 100+ players.

Man is a fking billionaire.Pippen shouldnt be working for a couple 100k a year on "the jump"

FKAri
03-08-2019, 11:52 PM
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This kind of beta logic is a direct result of spending too much time with MJ :facepalm

egokiller
03-08-2019, 11:54 PM
no but pippen was his right-hand man.He should be set for life with a job just like how lebron hooked up all of the ppl who made him who he is.Just like Jimmy Butler...Just like John Wall...Just like Porzingus....Just like Jokic....Just like every real mf in the NBA.Dont feel like naming 100+ players.

Pippen would just fvck up again and lose all that money. If he can't handle an NBA salary, how is much less money from MJ going to help him?

Once financially irresponsible, always financially irresponsible.

He's not like MJ who can also gamble and win more than he loses.

SpaceJam
03-08-2019, 11:59 PM
Typical 3ball playbook, bring up as much irrelevant shit, than dipped when hit with an actual question he hasn't prepared a copy and paste for

FKAri
03-09-2019, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Scottie probably felt that way, because he was a known softie.

Thus the migraine he forced himself to have in game seven, in a game where if he just played to his normal standards ... we would

sdot_thadon
03-09-2019, 12:26 AM
but i thought Mj made pippen?:kobe:

SamuraiSWISH
03-09-2019, 12:27 AM
And Kobe and MJ were the pieces of shit who gave those toilet papers purpose. Also, how can anyone one "force himself to have" a migraine? :oldlol:
He had a headache because he let pressure get to him. As he claimed, he couldn

tpols
03-09-2019, 01:11 AM
And Kobe and MJ were the pieces of shit who gave those toilet papers purpose. Also, how can anyone one "force himself to have" a migraine? :oldlol:

:biggums:

Stress can easily bring on a migraine... And Scottie was stressed out. MJ could take them, he had nobody to relieve pressure.

SpaceJam
03-09-2019, 01:13 AM
Jordan looking kinda funny in the light

Hittin_Shots
03-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Typical 3ball playbook, bring up as much irrelevant shit, than dipped when hit with an actual question he hasn't prepared a copy and paste for

Wouldn't the first thing u quoted explain why those other players scored above average... just logically if they focus on taking jordan out of the game the others will score more, obviously if those players score that increased amount and you say why couldn't jordan just score his average for them to run away with the game its a retarded question.

SpaceJam
03-09-2019, 01:58 AM
Wouldn't the first thing u quoted explain why those other players scored above average... jut logically if they focus on taking jordan out of the game the others will score more, obviously if those players score that increased amount ad you say at couldn't jordan just score his average for them to run away with the game its a retarded question.

You're right to some extent, they were able to score a bit higher than their averages that series. I just wanna know why Jordan only attempted 8 shots

sdot_thadon
03-09-2019, 02:00 AM
he was making a point to his coach aka "quiting" with his 1st finals berth on the line.

SpaceJam
03-09-2019, 02:10 AM
he was making a point to his coach aka "quiting" with his 1st finals berth on the line.

Yikes, undermining the coach at the expense of team success?

Uncle Drew
03-09-2019, 02:49 AM
Bad Boys in the 80s, Hakeem in the 90s. This coward just picked his battles. No wonder they never lost in the Finals (neither have I by the way).

zeerghit
03-09-2019, 07:16 AM
he ducked hakeem aswell with his 1.5yr secret PEDS ban

RoseCity07
03-09-2019, 07:26 AM
Jordan got his ass beat in the 80s. Didn't even lead the Wizards to the playoffs in his final seasons. GOAT though.:lol

Manny98
03-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Jordan stans on damage control :roll: :roll:

paksat
03-09-2019, 08:36 AM

LOL @ you calling MJ a coward

maybe he went back to it because he realized no one on his team was going to get it done CLEARLY

paksat
03-09-2019, 08:38 AM

more like he has learned to just keep repeating it since all of you just avoid addressing the part he has to repeat

SpaceJam
03-09-2019, 08:42 AM
LOL @ you calling MJ a coward

maybe he went back to it because he realized no one on his team was going to get it done CLEARLY

I mean they were tied 2-2 against the defending East champs, obviously it was working how they were doing it. But MJ decideed to throw up 8 shots in a pivotal game. Don

Hey Yo
03-09-2019, 09:03 AM

I don't see the issue

Not in game 5.... his biggest postseason game to date. You're lying out of your ass.

Even the announcers were asking what was wrong with MJ..... "why isn't he shooting?!?!?!?" If Detroit's D was clamping down on MJ, then there would be no need for the announcers to ask why he wasn't shooting. They could see with their own courtside eyes.

Bulls had homecourt advantage after game 3 and they proceeded to choke by losing 3 straight. MJ flat quit that series. Just like he quit in his prime in '94 and quit again in 98' when he knew Chicago would have no chance at the title with both Phil and Scottie gone.

ImKobe
03-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Not in game 5.... his biggest postseason game to date. You're lying out of your ass.

Even the announcers were asking what was wrong with MJ..... "why isn't he shooting?!?!?!?" If Detroit's D was clamping down on MJ, then there would be no need for the announcers to ask why he wasn't shooting. They could see with their own courtside eyes.

Bulls had homecourt advantage after game 3 and they proceeded to choke by losing 3 straight. MJ flat quit that series. Just like he quit in his prime in '94 and quit again in 98' when he knew Chicago would have no chance at the title with both Phil and Scottie gone.

Why are you making up things?

Detroit absolutely clamped down Jordan and made others beat them, it didn't help that Pippen got an elbow to the head and had to leave the game 1 minute in. I guess Jordan quit on his team with the 32/4/13/3/2 in elimination. Also, it didn't help that the Bulls had to go through two toughest opponents in the Cavs and Knicks, they played 4 extra games to the Pistons just to make it to the ECF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USoDibfcLtQ

Bulls broke up in '98 because their owner pushed Phil out, they went into the season knowing that it would be their last ride.

At no point did Pippen say that Jordan wanted to avoid the Pistons. You can't "avoid" a team that has the best record in the league and is by far the favorite to make the Finals, you can only get there through them.

Pistons didn't lose a game to any other team, though '89 is the luckiest any team can get, where the two other contenders have significant injuries to their best players (Bird, Magic).

Hey Yo
03-09-2019, 10:17 AM
Why are you making up things?

Detroit absolutely clamped down Jordan and made others beat them, it didn't help that Pippen got an elbow to the head and had to leave the game 1 minute in. I guess Jordan quit on his team with the 32/4/13/3/2 in elimination. Also, it didn't help that the Bulls had to go through two toughest opponents in the Cavs and Knicks, they played 4 extra games to the Pistons just to make it to the ECF.
I'm not making it up.

I posted the link of game 5 in my thread a while back asking to show me where the Jordan rules were being applied. Where was MJ getting double and triple teamed which I was told was the cause of him to only take 8FGA. Nobody could show me. I even put the time stamp on where the announcers were dumbfounded as to why he wasn't shooting.

If the Jordan rules were so effective, why wait till game 5 to use them??

Bulls broke up in '98 because their owner pushed Phil out, they went into the season knowing that it would be their last ride.
MJ quit after '98 cause he knew both Phil and Scottie were gone.

You combine "I won't play w/o Phil :cry: with "mentally I'm exhausted" and you have to clear case of a scared man afraid to move on w/o both crutches he used for the last 8yrs.

LostCause
03-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Isn't this what most teams do? Like, are teams really trying to go for certain seeds to play the Warriors right now?

LostCause
03-09-2019, 12:25 PM

You combine "I won't play w/o Phil :cry: with "mentally I'm exhausted" and you have to clear case of a scared man afraid to move on w/o both crutches he used for the last 8yrs.

That's a moronic way of looking at it. No surprise....

ImKobe
03-09-2019, 12:27 PM
I'm not making it up.

I posted the link of game 5 in my thread a while back asking to show me where the Jordan rules were being applied. Where was MJ getting double and triple teamed which I was told was the cause of him to only take 8FGA. Nobody could show me. I even put the time stamp on where the announcers were dumbfounded as to why he wasn't shooting.

If the Jordan rules were so effective, why wait till game 5 to use them??

So why would a 35 y.o MJ stay on a rebuilding team? He didn't care about longevity stats. If he cared about winning more rings, he could have joined another team like Pippen did.

Did Lebron stay in Cleveland after they had B2B 60+ win seasons and choked? No? Why not? Why did he leave Miami after losing by a record margin in the Finals? Why did he leave Cleveland again after he got swept?

Jordan led a team to 60+ wins for 3 straight seasons, won two RS MVPs and three championships with 3 FMVPs, what else did he have left to prove?

Da_Realist
03-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Chicago never tanked any games in order to avoid Detroit.

egokiller
03-09-2019, 02:03 PM
All that matters is that some people got to experience watching MJ 3 peat twice and then got watch Kobe 3 peat, while others had to settle for only watching a guy go 3/9. The irony is that 2 of those rings came from top 5 biggest shots in NBA history with Kyrie and Ray Allen. Imagine a life where the highlight of your NBA viewing experience is watching teammates make the shot your hero is unable to make, and having to look your superiors in the eye knowing they saw MJ hit multiple game ending shots in the finals.

The depression is real. :roll:

red1
03-09-2019, 02:04 PM
we already knew this man. this doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Uncle Drew
03-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Chicago never tanked any games in order to avoid Detroit.
Decisions, decisions... Who to believe...? Some Dad Killer apologist on an internet forum who has all the interest in the world to deny this, or this very man that was on said team. That's a tough one for me, I got to be honest with you.

egokiller
03-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Uncle Drew taking what NBA players say as 100% fact. What else is new? :oldlol:

NBA players certainly don't contradict themselves and go back and forth time and time again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kes9AxxcdfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAV32z8OxCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmjY6vaYovc

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/02/14/scottie-pippen-lebron-james-not-what-kobe-bryant-michael-jordan-were-players

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/mourning-pippen-said-lebron-would-have-kicked-jordans-butt/

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/scottie-pippen-says-michael-jordan-is-the-greatest-nba-player-ever-062411

Uncle Drew
03-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Oh damn, Pippen said LeBron is better than Jordan? That does it. We win again.

Poetry
03-09-2019, 02:28 PM
'We were definitely trying to dodge the Pistons, hoping someone else would take em out'

Discuss.

Jordan said the opposite in the early 90s. I'll dig through my bookmarks next week. It really deserves its own thread because it shows Jordan's competitive mindset.

egokiller
03-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Oh damn, Pippen said LeBron is better than Jordan? That does it. We win again.

Do you live under a rock? He's said LeBron is better than MJ several times and has also said several times he would never play with LeBron over MJ and that MJ is GOAT. Pip's broke ass changes his story every time he discusses the topic to get people like you all excited over nothing. That's the whole point, but continue to be gullible believing what NBA players say only for them to change their story the next time the same question is asked. :oldlol:

Uncle Drew
03-09-2019, 02:38 PM
He's said LeBron is better than MJ several times
Oh shit, he did?! This is the final nail in the coffin, LeBron has passed Jordan.

egokiller
03-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Oh shit, he did?! This is the final nail in the coffin

Yes, he did say he would never play with LeBron over MJ and that MJ is GOAT.

You are starting to get it. :applause: Only a few more back and forth quotes until you fully realize that you wasted your life stanning a 3/9'er MJ wannabe (1/9 without Kyrie or Ray's big shots)

Uncle Drew
03-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Yes, he did say he would never play with LeBron over MJ and that MJ is GOAT.

You are starting to get it. :applause: Only a few more back and forth quotes until you fully realize that you wasted your life stanning a 3/9'er MJ wannabe (1/9 without Kyrie or Ray's big shots)
I respect your view on this matter, but the opinion of the guy who played with Dad Killer and won with Dad Killer deserves more recognition. If he says LeBron is better than Jordan, I say LeBron is better than Jordan.

egokiller
03-09-2019, 02:54 PM
I respect your view on this matter, but the opinion of the guy who played with Dad Killer and won with Dad Killer deserves more recognition. If he says LeBron is better than Jordan, I say LeBron is better than Jordan.

It only deserves recognition if he didn't constantly flip flop on the matter. It all depends on whether or not MJ lent his broke ass money that year or not.

Uncle Drew
03-09-2019, 02:57 PM
It deserves recognition
Agreed. :applause:

Da_Realist
03-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Angry and emotional LeBron fans trying to find some way to cope.