PDA

View Full Version : As late as Oct 2013 - Lebron James "I'm afraid of failure"

Shaquille O'Neal
03-09-2019, 08:00 PM
This really is why Lebron just isn't in the top tier of all-time greats. An amazing physical specimen for sure, and I used to be a huge fan. After watching him mentally check out / be afraid of the big moment / lose so often on the biggest stage - this article sums up why:

""I watch Jordan more than anybody; for sure, MJ wasn't perfect. MJ had bad games. He had turnovers. He had games where he felt like he should have been better. But I think the greatest thing about MJ was that he never was afraid to fail. And I think that's why he succeeded so much, because he was never afraid of what anybody ever said about him. Never afraid to miss a game-winning shot, never afraid to turn the ball over. Never afraid. That's one of my biggest obstacles. I'm afraid of failure. I want to succeed so bad that I become afraid of failing."
-- LeBron James
Oct. 19, 2013 (Source: ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/9827704/lebron-james-two-role-models-michael-jordan-allen-iverson))

Skip_Bayless
03-09-2019, 08:17 PM
This really is why Lebron just isn't in the top tier of all-time greats. An amazing physical specimen for sure, and I used to be a huge fan. After watching him mentally check out / be afraid of the big moment / lose so often on the biggest stage - this article sums up why:

""I watch Jordan more than anybody; for sure, MJ wasn't perfect. MJ had bad games. He had turnovers. He had games where he felt like he should have been better. But I think the greatest thing about MJ was that he never was afraid to fail. And I think that's why he succeeded so much, because he was never afraid of what anybody ever said about him. Never afraid to miss a game-winning shot, never afraid to turn the ball over. Never afraid. That's one of my biggest obstacles. I'm afraid of failure. I want to succeed so bad that I become afraid of failing."
-- LeBron James
Oct. 19, 2013 (Source: ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/9827704/lebron-james-two-role-models-michael-jordan-allen-iverson))

This was the moment when those who saw MJ and "understand it" knew that the hope to see a man surpass MJ in the form of LeBron James was a lost cause.

k0kakw0rld
03-09-2019, 08:24 PM

-- LeBron James
Did Jordan get in the NBA with unrealistic expectations like Lebron did?

The media created all this mess, plus it did not help that social media took over when LeBron started dominating the League.

Who was Jordan compared to when he got in the league? :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
03-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Thats a natural feeling for just about everyone, including MJ.

How strong that feeling is, is not said, but dont let tough talk fool you.

knicksman
03-09-2019, 08:32 PM
Did Jordan get in the NBA with unrealistic expectations like Lebron did?

The media created all this mess, plus it did not help that social media took over when LeBron started dominating the League.

Who was Jordan compared to when he got in the league? :confusedshrug:

and this is why youre a bron stan and a f@g. You 2 are pvssies

Skip_Bayless
03-09-2019, 08:38 PM

MJ wasn't afraid of failure, he embraced it and it enabled him to go 6/6.
LeBron TRIED to embrace it and improve, but it resulted in 3/9

One man handled his failure by showing the world how he can lose as many times as the man before him won, and that is how the tale ends.

k0kakw0rld
03-09-2019, 08:42 PM
I am glad you are not refuting what I am saying.

Skip_Bayless
03-09-2019, 08:48 PM

No point conversing with those that never saw MJ play. It's a wasted effort unless trolling the ever living shit out of them which is done on here daily. It's funny how they think they are actually having a debate with those who saw MJ play, when really their opinion isn't worth much in the first place when discussing the GOAT topic. We know what we know which is more than what they know because we saw it all and some and that's all that matters. Instead of spending their time talking about topics where their opinion will be taken seriously, they chose the latter.

knicksman
03-09-2019, 08:49 PM
I am glad you are not refuting what I am saying.

nah. they are just excuses. Thats what f@gs are good at. Making excuses

k0kakw0rld
03-09-2019, 08:50 PM
The team you rep, is full of *******. You have yet to give an answer to my question.

knicksman
03-09-2019, 08:55 PM
The team you rep, is full of *******. You have yet to give an answer to my question.

Even when jordan is born today, he will still have the same mentality you dumbass. Because jordan is a real man not a queen like you and queen james.

knicksman
03-09-2019, 08:58 PM

nah lebron is a coward. Thats why he formed superteams coz hes afraid to retire ringless. Thats the difference between lebron and a real man like jordan. Jordan is not afraid to retire ringless to get the most respect. Rings without superteams will always have the most respect.

knicksman
03-09-2019, 08:59 PM
No point conversing with those that never saw MJ play. It's a wasted effort unless trolling the ever living shit out of them which is done on here daily. It's funny how they think they are actually having a debate with those who saw MJ play, when really their opinion isn't worth much in the first place when discussing the GOAT topic. We know what we know which is more than what they know because we saw it all and some and that's all that matters. Instead of spending their time talking about topics where their opinion will be taken seriously, they chose the latter.

Theres really no debate. Its just stupid to compare a queen to a real man.

k0kakw0rld
03-09-2019, 09:17 PM
nah lebron is a coward. Thats why he formed superteams coz hes afraid to retire ringless. Thats the difference between lebron and a real man like jordan. Jordan is not afraid to retire ringless to get the most respect. Rings without superteams will always have the most respect.
The Celtics forced his hand, didn't they? :confusedshrug:

https://zupimages.net/up/19/10/toge.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/10/toge.jpg)

How many for Jordan against Bird's Celtics? :confusedshrug:

A team he ducked in all his 6 championship runs.

knicksman
03-09-2019, 09:26 PM
The Celtics forced his hand, didn't they? :confusedshrug:

https://zupimages.net/up/19/10/toge.jpg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/10/toge.jpg)

How many for Jordan against Bird's Celtics? :confusedshrug:

A team he ducked in all his 6 championship runs.

other players werent forming superteams when celtics formed their big 3. You know why? Coz they arent girls. Only lebron was girl enough to create his big 3. :lol

And what has birds celtics have to do with this. Jordan beat isiah and magic. Players who beat birds celtics

k0kakw0rld
03-09-2019, 09:38 PM
other players werent forming superteams when celtics formed their big 3. You know why? Coz they arent girls. Only lebron was girl enough to create his big 3. :lol

And what has birds celtics have to do with this. Jordan beat isiah and magic. Players who beat birds celtics
Jordan was never able to beat Bird though, in the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

bullettooth
03-09-2019, 09:43 PM
To be fair, LeBron's finals record would lead you to believe he's also afraid of success.

knicksman
03-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Jordan was never able to beat Bird though, in the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

and? it doesnt change the fact that bron and you are girls.

k0kakw0rld
03-10-2019, 12:10 AM
and? it doesnt change the fact that bron and you are girls.
You want me to stick my dick in your mouth again? :confusedshrug: