PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Beal underrated?

plowking
03-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Seems like every time I watch this guy he has a great game, and just in general seems like he doesn't have too much of a weakness on the court.

Not just that, he really hustles on the defensive end, has great active hands, and moves his feet extremely well. I know he probably won't get much of a shout for defensive teams, but certainly among the two guards in the league, he is up there with the best I've seen.

I wouldn't say I watched much of him prior to this season, but what exactly has stopped him and Wall from pushing deeper into the playoffs? He passes the ball well himself, and since Wall has sat, he actually seems like he does a decent job being the floor general as well at times.

Would he be more suited to a different team? Seems as if he can carry an offense and is big enough to switch to the 3 at times maybe.

I'd definitely rate him above guys like CJ, Middleton and Hield (for now). Thoughts?

keep-itreal
03-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Most underrated player in the NBA. I

PeroAntic
03-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Only his handle is not elite. But hes a second or third option anyway.

plowking
03-12-2019, 11:37 PM
Only his handle is not elite. But hes a second or third option anyway.

Don't know about 3rd option. He is better than guys like CJ and Middleton who play 2 guards on elite teams.

I didn't realise how big and strong he is too. 6'5 and 220lbs almost.

Smoke117
03-12-2019, 11:42 PM
Don't know about 3rd option. He is better than guys like CJ and Middleton who play 2 guards on elite teams.

Blazers are hardly an elite team and Middleton is clearly a 3rd option type player.

MrFonzworth
03-13-2019, 02:24 AM

He's not better than Middleton:facepalm

DoctorP
03-13-2019, 02:25 AM
seems rated fairly to me

plowking
03-13-2019, 03:04 AM
Blazers are hardly an elite team and Middleton is clearly a 3rd option type player.

Middleton is second in minutes on the team.
Second in points.
Second in shot attempts.

plowking
03-13-2019, 03:06 AM
He's not better than Middleton:facepalm

How is it facepalm worthy?

Middleton has never had a season as good as Beal's last three seasons. Not to mention Beal is the far better playoff performer.

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 03:31 AM
I'd take Beal over CJ, Middleton, and Hield as well for now.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-13-2019, 04:03 AM
offensively hes one of the more complete guards but ur overrating his defense

hes average most nights can be above avg to good some nights

Jrue, Oladipo, Jimmy, Danny, Jaylen, Klay, Bazemore, Harris etc are obviously better defenders the first 5 by a large margin too. Beal doesnt move the needle much on defense but he is prolly a top 10 defender at the position at the bottom

but the SG position is the weakest in the league by far right now. His best showing was when he shut down Korver in that Hawks series when Kyle was an allstar and leading that offense

plowking
03-13-2019, 05:33 AM
offensively hes one of the more complete guards but ur overrating his defense

hes average most nights can be above avg to good some nights

Jrue, Oladipo, Jimmy, Danny, Jaylen, Klay, Bazemore, Harris etc are obviously better defenders the first 5 by a large margin too. Beal doesnt move the needle much on defense but he is prolly a top 10 defender at the position at the bottom

but the SG position is the weakest in the league by far right now. His best showing was when he shut down Korver in that Hawks series when Kyle was an allstar and leading that offense

He has given his opposing number a very tough time every time I've watched him. I think he is arguably better than a lot of the guys you mentioned, and I'd definitely take him over Klay on the defensive end.

Jrue, Dipo and Jimmy are standouts, but I don't think he is far off. He should particularly get a shout given how most of those guys have spent significant time off the court this season.

red1
03-13-2019, 02:05 PM
beal is an absolute killer.

deadly sniper from three. I've seen him do it so many times that I expect it when the game is close vs washington. he's often the catalyst for their comebacks as well and this is when wall was playing too.

a player that can get you 2 or 3 quick threes in a row that are contested shots, almost effortlessly - that's a game-changer right there.

bizil
03-13-2019, 02:12 PM
U could make the case that Beal is ARGUABLY the most complete SG in the league when u combine scoring-passing-defense-rebounding. A healthy Olidipo for sure is in the hunt. Butler is playing more SF at this point on Philly. If u asked a lot of fans to name the top 3 most complete SG's in the league, Beal's name won't come up as much as it should. In many ways, he's like a new age Mitch Richmond. In general, the only SG FOR SURE I would take over him is Harden. Harden is the only true superstar at the position. Of course Klay is the best shooter and very effective two way player. But Beal is a much better passer and has more ways to beat u scoring the rock!

FireDavidKahn
03-13-2019, 02:47 PM
I've always been puzzled by this. People LOVE wings who put up good numbers on bad teams (Beal and Booker and prime examples) and say they're great but stuck in a bad situation and then you have a guy like KAT who is in the exact same boat and he gets the empty stats argument.:lol

ralph_i_el
03-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Seems like every time I watch this guy he has a great game, and just in general seems like he doesn't have too much of a weakness on the court.

Not just that, he really hustles on the defensive end, has great active hands, and moves his feet extremely well. I know he probably won't get much of a shout for defensive teams, but certainly among the two guards in the league, he is up there with the best I've seen.

I wouldn't say I watched much of him prior to this season, but what exactly has stopped him and Wall from pushing deeper into the playoffs? He passes the ball well himself, and since Wall has sat, he actually seems like he does a decent job being the floor general as well at times.

Would he be more suited to a different team? Seems as if he can carry an offense and is big enough to switch to the 3 at times maybe.

I'd definitely rate him above guys like CJ, Middleton and Hield (for now). Thoughts?

Injuries stopped them in the playoffs. They never lost in the first round together. A few years back they were 1 game from the ECF. Year before that they lost to the Hawks when Wall broke every bone in his hand. They were clearly the better team w/ Wall.

Just sad :( Beal is a beast. Only 25 too.

sammichoffate
03-13-2019, 04:57 PM
Bucks Ray Allen

tontoz
03-13-2019, 07:12 PM
I would say he is a bit underrated, at least partially because he really wasn't very good during his first 4 seasons.

He broke out in his 5th season and is having a great year this season, but people aren't paying much attention because the Wizards are irrelevant.

plowking
03-15-2019, 01:15 AM
I would say he is a bit underrated, at least partially because he really wasn't very good during his first 4 seasons.

He broke out in his 5th season and is having a great year this season, but people aren't paying much attention because the Wizards are irrelevant.

How do you rate his defense?

Every time I watch, he clamps down and looks to be elite. Is that effort consistent. Looks like a nightmare to play against when switched on.