PDA

View Full Version : Has KD passed Bird?

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 03:46 AM
Larry Legendo Birdo has been to five finals and was outscored in 3 out of 5 Finals by his own teammate...

How many top 15 players averaged under 16 ppg in a Finals?

-Larry Bird (1981)
-Kobe Bryant (2000)

YIKES

Has KD passed Bird?

http://celtics247.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/max.jpg

Bawkish
03-13-2019, 03:49 AM
Sacramento Kings passed Lebron in W-L this season

imagine that

Celtics 1825
03-13-2019, 04:11 AM
If he's passed Bird then he's passed LeBron.

aj1987
03-13-2019, 04:22 AM
If he's passed Bird then he's passed LeBron.
That would actually make sense if Bird passed LeBron. He didn't, so.... :confusedshrug:

'Toine=MVP
03-13-2019, 04:28 AM
That would actually make sense if Bird passed LeBron. He didn't, so.... :confusedshrug:

True. Technically Bird didn't pass LeBron. Bird has always been ahead of LeBron.

aj1987
03-13-2019, 04:42 AM
True. Technically Bird didn't pass LeBron. Bird has always been ahead of LeBron.
Do you have Bird as the #2 or the GOAT? That's the only way he'll be ahead of LeBron, considering the fact that LeBron is a top 3 GOAT.

plowking
03-13-2019, 05:24 AM
Is he a better player at his best? I dunno. Tough one.

He will definitely have a longer and more successful career in terms of numbers.

Unpopular opinion, but Bird is better than Magic, and KD might be better than both as a player.

I'm not a fan of Durant. I really dislike his game in fact. Harden gets a lot of shit about playing for free throws, but KD is just as bad. All that aside, how many players can you say are actually better than KD at basketball? LeBron at his peak is arguably the best player ever, or top 3 at the very least, and Durant plays him to a draw most times. What does that say about KD?

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 09:50 AM
How many people even knew Larry Bird was outscored twice by Kevin McHale and once by Cedric Maxwell in the NBA finals? 3 of 5 times he wasn't even the leading scorer?

And also how many people knew he scored 15 points per game playing 43 minutes in the finals. People never talk about this stuff. It's like he just gets a pass...

Definitely an overrated player.

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 09:52 AM
You're not passing LeBron when you literally have less of everything :lol

Dagger:

https://i.postimg.cc/xjZ8wfxv/Screenshot-20190312-092051-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Phoenix
03-13-2019, 09:59 AM
Is he a better player at his best? I dunno. Tough one.

He will definitely have a longer and more successful career in terms of numbers.

Unpopular opinion, but Bird is better than Magic, and KD might be better than both as a player.

I'm not a fan of Durant. I really dislike his game in fact. Harden gets a lot of shit about playing for free throws, but KD is just as bad. All that aside, how many players can you say are actually better than KD at basketball? LeBron at his peak is arguably the best player ever, or top 3 at the very least, and Durant plays him to a draw most times. What does that say about KD?

KD didn't have the intangibles needed to take a team to the top without the vibranium-fused backbone that is the Warriors. If he moves onto a team like the Knicks and wins a few titles then I'll change my position. Outside of that he's the same guy who can score 30 in his sleep back in 2016 but hasn't demonstrated that he can win as the undisputed leader and foundation of a team. I was actually a huge KD fan until the bitch move from OKC. When you think about how good OKC is this year with PG13 in place....now replace him with current Durant. They'd be one of the 3 favorites to win the whole thing. Thing is quite a few players have about as much talent and ability as anyone that's played the game, and KD is clearly in that category, but there's certain intangibles that you can't measure in a box score that creates layers of separation between someone like him and the players we recognize as top 10 players.

SouBeachTalents
03-13-2019, 10:02 AM
https://i.redd.it/479nm8gs9mv11.gif

PeroAntic
03-13-2019, 10:13 AM
How many people even knew Larry Bird was outscored twice by Kevin McHale and once by Cedric Maxwell in the NBA finals? 3 of 5 times he wasn't even the leading scorer?

And also how many people knew he scored 15 points per game playing 43 minutes in the finals. People never talk about this stuff. It's like he just gets a pass...

Definitely an overrated player.
Larry Bird was a basketball genius, not a statpadder.

fileman1209
03-13-2019, 10:15 AM
Bird was routinely outperformed by magic

Bird is overrated, Id take Dirk over that guy

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Larry Bird was a basketball genius, not a statpadder.

Riiiight :rol:l :roll:

superduper
03-13-2019, 10:52 AM
Does KD have the capability of turning a 20 win team before he got there into a 60 win team the very season he gets there and then turning that lottery team into a dynasty all by himself?

If not.... nah

'Toine=MVP
03-13-2019, 11:04 AM
Do you have Bird as the #2 or the GOAT? That's the only way he'll be ahead of LeBron, considering the fact that LeBron is a top 3 GOAT.

1. Yes I do.

2. I have Shaq #3. Then LeBron in the mix with quite a few others. I go back and forth on where LeBron should rank within that 4-8 tier though.

Doranku
03-13-2019, 11:12 AM
Does KD have the capability of turning a 20 win team before he got there into a 60 win team the very season he gets there and then turning that lottery team into a dynasty all by himself?

If not.... nah

KD turned a 73 win team into a 67 win team :bowdown:

Pretty laughable how much some of you guys overrate KD. Have we really forgotten OKC where he accomplished absolutely nothing with two teammates who would go on to win MVP?

Shackled by Artest in 2010, thoroughly outplayed by Dirk in 2011, backdoor swept with HCA in the 2012 finals, embarassing 5 game beatdown from the Grizzlies in 2013, and of course the infamous blown 3-1 lead against GS in 2016.

Replace KD with ANY top 50 player of all-time and GS still wins the last two titles. These cheap titles and FMVPs where he feasts on some of the worst defenses in NBA finals history doesn't elevate him past anyone significant.

SouBeachTalents
03-13-2019, 11:14 AM

Pretty laughable how much some of you guys overrate KD. Have we really forgotten OKC where he accomplished absolutely nothing with two teammates who would go on to win MVP?

Shackled by Artest in 2010, thoroughly outplayed by Dirk in 2011, backdoor swept with HCA in the 2012 finals, embarassing 5 game beatdown from the Grizzlies in 2013, and of course the infamous blown 3-1 lead against GS in 2016.

Replace KD with ANY top 50 player of all-time and GS still wins the last two titles.
They were 1-2 plays away from b2b titles with Harrison Barnes in his place :oldlol:

Phoenix
03-13-2019, 11:27 AM

Replace KD with ANY top 50 player of all-time and GS still wins the last two titles. These cheap titles and FMVPs where he feasts on some of the worst defenses in NBA finals history doesn't elevate him past anyone significant.

Exactly. As SBT stated above they nearly went back to back with Harrison Barnes FFS. You could have replaced him with Kawhi or Paul George and still won the last two titles. KD hasn't gotten exponentially better, nor should his rankings increase exponentially from wherever he was when his own local paper called out his 2016 chokejob. The problem with KD is he somehow missed the memo that 'how' you won a title is very much part of the equation when assessing all-time greats.

Wally450
03-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Bird was routinely outperformed by magic

Bird is overrated, Id take Dirk over that guy

Dirk routinely underperformed against inferior teams in the playoffs.

Outside of the 2011 playoffs, Dirk is pretty overrated.

And1AllDay
03-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Is this the same guy that was undefeated against Jordan in playoffs 6-0

Mike = 0-6 :eek:

ronniec
03-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Larry Legendo Birdo has been to five finals and was outscored in 3 out of 5 Finals by his own teammate...

-Larry Bird (1981)
-Kobe Bryant (2000)

YIKES

Has KD passed Bird?

So, now the goal post moved again? Just looking at the points (outscored)??

Is Iguodala better than Curry because of the final MVP??

And1AllDay
03-13-2019, 02:18 PM
So, now the goal post moved again? Just looking at the points (outscored)??

Is Iguodala better than Curry because of the final MVP??

Did Andre Iguodala outscore Curry 3 times???

Round Mound
03-13-2019, 02:37 PM
89-92 Bird yes NOT 79-88 Bird.

colts19
03-13-2019, 02:58 PM

-Larry Bird (1981)
-Kobe Bryant (2000)

YIKES

Has KD passed Bird?

Context matters. Not going to explain this again. You are either stupid or just trolling.

bullettooth
03-13-2019, 03:01 PM

He never needed to, LeBron has always been subpar compared to Larry Legend.

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 03:34 PM
He never needed to, LeBron has always been subpar compared to Larry Legend.

And yet Bird was the top scorer on his own team only twice in five appearances and mustered up 2 whole Final MVPs.

Mind you this was MJ's toughest competition, who was undefeated against him in the playoffs 0 and 6.

Next :pimp:

Phoenix
03-13-2019, 03:38 PM
Context matters. Not going to explain this again. You are either stupid or just trolling.

https://i.imgur.com/DBcUtoo.jpg

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 09:28 PM
And yet Bird was the top scorer on his own team only twice in five appearances and mustered up 2 whole Final MVPs.

Mind you this was MJ's toughest competition, who was undefeated against him in the playoffs 0 and 6.

Next :pimp:

ANYONE ?

BarberSchool
03-13-2019, 09:29 PM
Bird is top ten, borderline top 5.
KD if he stays healthy will push someone out of the top 5.
Very well could be Bird.

TheCorporation
03-13-2019, 09:33 PM
Bird is top ten, borderline top 5.
KD if he stays healthy will push someone out of the top 5.
Very well could be Bird.

Thank you, that's fair to say.

I appreciate your response, as opposed to the others commenting with "ZOMG Birdo da bess" and "You are sux OP!!1!"

Thank you for being normal.:cheers:

hiphopanonymous
03-13-2019, 09:35 PM
Can't pass people who you're always ahead of sport :oldlol:

BarberSchool
03-13-2019, 10:09 PM
Thank you, that's fair to say.

I appreciate your response, as opposed to the others commenting with "ZOMG Birdo da bess" and "You are sux OP!!1!"

Thank you for being normal.:cheers:Bro picture it like this:

Brothers talking about Golf will say Tiger is undispute GOAT.
Because it's so rare for anyone with african american heritage to be so utterly great in a sport where they are an outcast. So even though his peak was mad high he got hurt and struggled for years, they will overrate dude naturally. It ain't a crime.

How few truly dominant undisputed greats in the NBA in our lifetimes or whose highlights are from the modern era are white americans ?
Same Tiger Woods thing but reverse lol