PDA

View Full Version : Dirk or Lebron?

kennethgriffen
03-13-2019, 02:02 PM
serious question

neither played much defense

lebron should have half a title for his lockout season in 2012 ( gotta void 2013 and 2016 )

dirk should have 2 titles ( 2006, 2011 )

dirk won win WAAAAAAAY less help

he beat lebron and a colluded big 3 with only jason terry as his wingman

dirks obviously more skilled offensively and i really don't care if lebron has way more assists. they hurt his teams more than they ever helped. a real offensive system is way much effective than stagnating bran ball

dirks more clutch

dirks a better leader

dirk played in a WAAAAY tougher conference his entire career

he overcome the racist agenda against whites in the nba

he didn't need steroids

he stuck with one team his entire career

he helps younger players grow and develop instead of trying to ship them out of town for his friends

dirk is simply more trustworthy. more dependable. he should have a perfect 2-0 finals record but the league had to rig 20 ft's a game for wade to generate the next kobe/jordan ( because at the time the league thought kobe would never win again )

if there was an all time draft i'm taking dirk. he fits with anyone. why on earth would i take a player that i know would only work well with specific types of all time great players beside him that need to compliment his style.

lebrons a headache. dirk is a cure

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/7b/cb/71/7bcb718525ec1060d0a27bccd1f24ecc--basketball-legends-basketball-players.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1IM0PrEcNL._SX425_.jpg

superduper
03-13-2019, 02:06 PM
Dirks 2011 playoff run + title is better than every single one of Bran's combined.

Easily Dirk.

kennethgriffen
03-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Dirks 2011 playoff run + title is better than every single one of Bran's combined.

Easily Dirk.

you could put prime dirk on any team throughout history and they instantly become better

put lebron on any team throughout history and most of them get worse... only ones that get better would be ones with tons of shooters, multiple hall of fame sidekicks that are ok with deferring to another player that holds the ball the entire time. they would need a bail out clutch player, a coach that doesn't control the offense.

too many things needed to taylor lebron. dirk is simply more valuable to the average team. PERIOD. this isn't even trolling

And1AllDay
03-13-2019, 02:32 PM
Werent you the baby crying about troll threads??

kennethgriffen
03-13-2019, 02:33 PM
Werent you the baby crying about troll threads??

i gave detailed analysis as to why i feel this way

argue any of my points if you can

i swear on kobe's legacy i would take dirk over lebron. not trolling at all

may god take away my inheritance if i'm lying

Mask the Embiid
03-13-2019, 02:37 PM
I think even Dirk would choose LeBron

bullettooth
03-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Dirk has a winning finals record against LeBron.

Phoenix
03-13-2019, 02:41 PM

:lebronamazed:

And1AllDay
03-13-2019, 02:47 PM
:oldlol: :applause:

Overdrive
03-13-2019, 03:03 PM

Everybody that played him in the finals cept the OKC guys(-KD) has a winning record against him.

bullettooth
03-13-2019, 03:06 PM
Everybody that played him in the finals cept the OKC guys(-KD) have a winning record against him.

Seems like if you want to get a ring, just play against LeBron.

Overdrive
03-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Seems like if you want to get a ring, just play against LeBron.

If you're a SF you'll also get FMVP. :lol

Dr Hawk
03-13-2019, 03:17 PM
Dirk. His play style allows his teammates to perform at their best level. He had a huge impact off-ball.

Patrick Chewing
03-13-2019, 03:43 PM
Even though Dirk became one dimensional towards the latter part of his career, it's hard to go against Dirk when he beat a team with three hall of famers with a no-name team.

bullettooth
03-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Even though Dirk became one dimensional towards the latter part of his career, it's hard to go against Dirk when he beat a team with three hall of famers with a no-name team.

And nobody on that Heat team was injured or suspended, nor did it take 7 games to overcome. Dirk got it done in 6.

Real14
03-13-2019, 04:11 PM
Yea the obvious answer is Dirk. No asterisks and was robbed of a ring in 2006.

And1AllDay
03-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Yea the obvious answer is Dirk. No asterisks and was robbed of a ring in 2006.

Dirk > Kobe

Brutal of you but I dont agree

superduper
03-13-2019, 04:35 PM
GEEZ it's a landslide boys :eek:

Real14
03-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Dirk > Kobe

Brutal of you but I dont agree
Reported for Stupidity.

Overdrive
03-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Lebron's main argument is to lead shitteams into the playoffs - albeit the last shitteam he played on were the '10 Cavs. Dirk also took shit teams to the playoffs. Finals even. The '06 team aside from Jet isn't much better than Lebron's '07, but everyone acts like Lebron's was some herculean effort.

I wonder how many finals Dirk would've made, if he had played in the east.

knicksman
03-13-2019, 05:12 PM
you can build a team around dirk but lebron hasnt proven yet without superteams. Dirk shouldve 2 rings, while lebron got gifted 2 rings by the refs. And, I would be proud of dirks achievements while lebrons rings are too cheap for my standards.

Overdrive
03-13-2019, 05:14 PM
you can build a team around dirk but lebron hasnt proven yet without superteams. Dirk shouldve 2 rings, while lebron got gifted 2 rings by the refs. And, I would be proud of dirks achievements while lebrons rings are too cheap for my standards.

Nobody gives a shit about your standards. Lebron has 3 rings by the NBA's.

hiphopanonymous
03-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Dirk would choose LeBron yes ...to be his Finals opponent.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron_james_dirk_nowitzki_2011_final_nba.jpg

knicksman
03-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Nobody gives a shit about your standards. Lebron has 3 rings by the NBA's.

Sorry but only a simpleton thinks like that. Not all rings are the same. Theres a reason why kobe is more respected

Dr Hawk
03-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Dirk has been loyal to Dallas his whole career. He led the Mavericks to the Playoffs 12 consecutive times in the Wild Wild West and consistently made them a Top 5 offensive team during the whole 00's decade.

He didn't create any drama with his coaches or teammates and is one of the most loved players in the history of the league.

If you have to pick Dirk or Lebron to start a franchise, I think Dirk is clearly the better choice.

bullettooth
03-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Not all rings are the same.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2uejog3.jpg

Overdrive
03-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Sorry but only a simpleton thinks like that. Not all rings are the same.

There are enough things you can come up with against Lebron, but it's people like you who made it possible that a guy like Lebron could manifest himself as a top 3 GOAT. You make stupid nonsensical points that can easily be brushed off.

knicksman
03-13-2019, 05:30 PM
There are enough things you can come up with against Lebron, but it's people like you who made it possible that a guy like Lebron could manifest himself as a top 3 GOAT. You make stupid nonsensical points that can easily be brushed off.

Saying all rings are the same is like saying all stats are the same. It is what is. Theres a thing called eye test for stats and same is true for rings. GOAT is all about who would you build around. Theres a reason why players of the past would never form superteams coz it would disqualify them from GOAT discussions. Luckily for bron, he has the media but im not one of the sheeps.

Overdrive
03-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Saying all rings are the same is like saying all stats are the same. It is what is. Theres a thing called eye test for stats and same is true for rings. GOAT is all about who would you build around. Theres a reason why players of the past would never form superteams coz it would disqualify them from GOAT discussions. Luckily for bron, he has the media but im not one of the sheeps.

Not all rings are the same, but you're saying Lebron has only no true ring by your standards. What are those standards? I'm sure you could discount 90% of NBA champs by those.

No, the GOAT is not the player I build around. At an AT draft even with hindsight I'd never draft Jordan at #1, yet he's the GOAT. GOAT is a combination of skills and circumstances.

You're one of the sheeps. Just a different herd.

knicksman
03-13-2019, 05:42 PM
Not all rings are the same, but you're saying Lebron has only no true ring by your standards. What are those standards? I'm sure you could discount 90% of NBA champs by those.

No, the GOAT is not the player I build around. At an AT draft even with hindsight I'd never draft Jordan at #1, yet he's the GOAT. GOAT is a combination of skills and circumstances.

You're one of the sheeps. Just a different herd.

Na, most players share the same opinion as mine. If you think nobody cares about my standards then I dont care what you think brah. One thing is for sure, Id rather have players standards over the nerds in the media.

Overdrive
03-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Na, most players share the same opinion as mine. If you think nobody cares about my standards then I dont care what you think brah. One thing is for sure, Id rather have players standards over the nerds in the media.

So you won't tell what your standards are? So most likely it's "Hurr durr I don't count Lebron's rings, because they're Lebron's rings".

fileman1209
03-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Lebron's main argument is to lead shitteams into the playoffs - albeit the last shitteam he played on were the '10 Cavs. Dirk also took shit teams to the playoffs. Finals even. The '06 team aside from Jet isn't much better than Lebron's '07, but everyone acts like Lebron's was some herculean effort.

umm his argument is that he's a much better player:coleman: , unless you're just trolling like the rest of the thread

Overdrive
03-13-2019, 05:56 PM
umm his argument is that he's a much better player:coleman: , unless you're just trolling like the rest of the thread

Main argument to be a great player, not over Dirk. Meaning you could push Dirk's case with the same narrative.

TBH I'm not sure if he would've won, had he stayed in Cleveland.

knicksman
03-13-2019, 06:11 PM
So you won't tell what your standards are? So most likely it's "Hurr durr I don't count Lebron's rings, because they're Lebron's rings".

I want to be fair to every player in history. Why would I put a cheater in the same sentence as dirk. Lebron should be compared to garnett or pierce. And as Ive said, GOAT for me is the player I would build around. And the ones who won with less is the player I would build around. Thats why players of the past will never form superteams coz how will we know if he can be a player to build around if hes forming superteams.

DMAVS41
03-13-2019, 06:34 PM

With decent to good help? A lot, but he wasn't winning many more titles though unless he got a legit 2nd star.

He might have like 5 finals and 2 titles if he played in the East.

DMAVS41
03-13-2019, 06:37 PM
As for the question... I think someone posted a similar one not too long about which player you'd rather draft.

I think Lebron is easily the better player...so if that is the question...pretty obvious that Lebron was/is better and had a better career.

In terms of which player a franchise should draft? I think that answer is clearly Dirk unless it was the Lakers.

Every other team...almost for sure Lebron is bouncing in the heart of his prime....and he's not coming back "home" unless the team in question was the Cavs.

kennethgriffen
03-13-2019, 06:41 PM
As for the question... I think someone posted a similar one not too long about which player you'd rather draft.

I think Lebron is easily the better player...so if that is the question...pretty obvious that Lebron was/is better and had a better career.

In terms of which player a franchise should draft? I think that answer is clearly Dirk unless it was the Lakers.

Every other team...almost for sure Lebron is bouncing in the heart of his prime....and he's not coming back "home" unless the team in question was the Cavs.

dirk with lebrons teams wins 3-4 times minimum ( 11, 12, 13 and maybe 14 ) .. kobe and MJ would win 8 times ( 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 assuming kyrie does the same damage and draymond gets suspended again )

of course you take dirk

Dray n Klay
03-13-2019, 07:09 PM
dirk with lebrons teams wins 3-4 times minimum ( 11, 12, 13 and maybe 14 ) .. kobe and MJ would win 8 times ( 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 assuming kyrie does the same damage and draymond gets suspended again )

of course you take dirk

Post their 30 point triple doubles

hiphopanonymous
03-13-2019, 07:14 PM
Post their 30 point triple doubles
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron_james_dirk_nowitzki_2011_final_nba.jpg

Couldn

SouBeachTalents
03-13-2019, 07:51 PM

of course you take dirk
Only an 8peat? I think you're selling Kobe short

BarberSchool
03-13-2019, 09:21 PM
Bro despite Bran being easy to hate and having a terrible attitude.
Despite him set hopping and d!ckriding.
Despite him blaming teammates for the last decade.
Despite all that ....

Dirk has an ugly game.
Very few dunks.
No highlight blocks.
Gamewinners sure.
But his game ain't terribly entertaining.
And he is not top ten all time.
Top 25 yeah but not top ten or top five.

Bran is easily top ten and honestly top five all time.
despite being so corny and easy to hate.

BarberSchool
03-13-2019, 09:24 PM

Couldn’t find anything about arbitrary stat sheet stuffing but I did find this interesting tidbit about closing gamesIt gets worse in the last 5 minutes with score close.
Raymone don't like PRESSURE:

http://i64.tinypic.com/jrfq1k.jpg

But Bran still way better and it's not close.

Bran easily has the most embarrassing resume of any top ten player.
Both on the court and embarrassing contextual moments of cornball !sh.
But Dirk may be the worst defender of any top 25 player.

Duncan21formvp
03-13-2019, 10:49 PM
Dirk as he beat Lebron without HCA when Lebron was at his peak.

3ball
03-13-2019, 11:42 PM
You can build a better team around Dirk (he needed less help) because his skillset was superior.. period

he made all player types better including ball-handlers, whereas lebron's skillset doesn't fit well with everyone

Lebron's ball-dominant style is simply a vastly overrated, stat-padding style.. no different than iverson, except lebron is 6'8", so he's more offensively efficient/better, and he was "discovered" earlier/coddled earlier, so he has less rough edges than iverson

pauk
03-14-2019, 01:16 AM
Dirk, obviously, much better talent/basketball ability with more impact and longevity, then he has more mvps, fmvps, rings and more records/milestones etc.

pauk
03-14-2019, 01:17 AM
You can build a better team around Dirk (he needed less help) because his skillset was superior.. period

he made all player types better including ball-handlers, whereas lebron's skillset doesn't fit well with everyone

Lebron's ball-dominant style is simply a vastly overrated, stat-padding style.. no different than iverson, except lebron is 6'8", so he's more offensively efficient/better, and he was "discovered" earlier/coddled earlier, so he has less rough edges than iverson

This yea, Lebron was trash, dunno what he is doing in the NBA, damn scrub, Antawn Jamison had better basketball ability, he was just... unselfish.... imagine if Antawn Jamison statpaded a 30 point triple double every single game, he would spammed mvps, fmvps, rings, broke records, brought the worst teams ever to be in nba finals and still win eventually, dominate everybody and shit and be the best player in the NBA... for 16 years... and would be better than Jordan....

Gileraracer
03-14-2019, 04:12 AM

Damnit! Case closed.

Dirk >>>> Lebron

SpaceJam
03-14-2019, 04:18 AM
I'll entertain the debate when Bron loses in the first round to an 8th seed. Until than, I got LeBron

nayte
03-14-2019, 04:25 AM

Yeah I think this has pretty much wrapped up the thread

Gileraracer
03-14-2019, 04:31 AM
Dirk with 2 superstar collusion could've had 3 easily

nayte
03-14-2019, 04:35 AM

I kind of agree. If dirk had another star 2nd option he could have won more. Maybe I dunno

SpaceJam
03-14-2019, 04:36 AM

Damn Dirk played with 2 all-stars in their primes and had nothing to show for it

nayte
03-14-2019, 04:42 AM
Damn Dirk played with 2 all-stars in their primes and had nothing to show for it

Did he? My memory is a bit bad during the 2000s. Who were they

SpaceJam
03-14-2019, 04:44 AM
Did he? My memory is a bit bad during the 2000s. Who were they

Nash and Finley

POSSIBLY Baron Davis, I'll need confirmation from Gileraracer

nayte
03-14-2019, 05:01 AM
Nash and Finley

POSSIBLY Baron Davis, I'll need confirmation from Gileraracer

Ahh yep thanks. Do u think Nash would have done better with dirk then he did with the suns or nah?

Gileraracer
03-14-2019, 05:15 AM
Dirk Nowitzki with this help:

Shaq
Ray Allen
Dwyane Wade
Chris Bosh
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love
Ben Wallace
Jerry Stackhouse
Mike Bibby
Rajon Rondo
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Mo Williams
Carlos Boozer
Antawn Jamison
Dion Waiters
Shawn Marion
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Kyle Korver

4 rings EASILY

knicksman
03-14-2019, 05:17 AM

what matters is dirk won with less and if not for the refs 2 rings.

SpaceJam
03-14-2019, 05:19 AM
Ahh yep thanks. Do u think Nash would have done better with dirk then he did with the suns or nah?

If they stuck together they'd have a ring together for sure

Also lmao we listing Dion Waiters now?

nayte
03-14-2019, 05:27 AM
If they stuck together they'd have a ring together for sure

Also lmao we listing Dion Waiters now?

Wtf I didn't list waiters.lol.
I remembered nash not Finley.
Kinda feel a Nash and dirk could have taken the lakers whem they were winning chips

SpaceJam
03-14-2019, 05:30 AM
Wtf I didn't list waiters.lol.
I remembered nash not Finley.
Kinda feel a Nash and dirk could have taken the lakers whem they were winning chips

Not you brother, I meant the poster below your reply. Referring to Waiters as 'help'

Gileraracer
03-14-2019, 05:47 AM
Not you brother, I meant the poster below your reply. Referring to Waiters as 'help'

No, Lebron never had any help :(

SpaceJam
03-14-2019, 05:49 AM
No, Lebron never had any help :(

The credibility of the list severely lowers once you listed Waiters

Uncle Drew
03-14-2019, 05:52 AM
Dirk Nowitzki with this help:

Shaq
Ray Allen
Dwyane Wade
Chris Bosh
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love
Ben Wallace
Jerry Stackhouse
Mike Bibby
Rajon Rondo
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Mo Williams
Carlos Boozer
Antawn Jamison
Dion Waiters
Shawn Marion
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Kyle Korver

4 rings EASILY
What about Baron Davis?

Uncle Drew
03-14-2019, 05:53 AM
The credibility of the list severely lowers once you listed Waiters
Half that list was either close to 40 years old or a rookie lol.

nayte
03-14-2019, 05:54 AM

Just read up. I get u and yeah that is silly.

SpaceJam
03-14-2019, 05:56 AM
Half that list was either close to 40 years old or a rookie lol.

Wait till the dumbass realises Dirk played with Stackhouse/Rondo/DWill/Marion and Jamison and only has a ring to show for it

SpaceJam
03-14-2019, 06:05 AM
Josh Howard
Caron Butler
Monta Ellis
Jason Terry
Antawn Jamison
Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
DeAndre Jordan
Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Kaman
Tyson Chandler
Rajon Rondo
Peja Stojakovic
Devin Harris
Jameer Nelson
Elton Brand
Lamar Odom
Richard Jefferson
Andrew Bogut

Absolutely STAR STUDDED

nayte
03-14-2019, 06:15 AM
Josh Howard
Caron Butler
Monta Ellis
Jason Terry
Antawn Jamison
Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
DeAndre Jordan
Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Kaman
Tyson Chandler
Rajon Rondo
Peja Stojakovic
Devin Harris
Jameer Nelson
Elton Brand
Lamar Odom
Richard Jefferson
Andrew Bogut

Absolutely STAR STUDDED

Jeesuz I'm blinded from the star studdiness.lol

Uncle Drew
03-14-2019, 06:21 AM
Josh Howard
Caron Butler
Monta Ellis
Jason Terry
Antawn Jamison
Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
DeAndre Jordan
Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Kaman
Tyson Chandler
Rajon Rondo
Peja Stojakovic
Devin Harris
Jameer Nelson
Elton Brand
Lamar Odom
Richard Jefferson
Andrew Bogut

Absolutely STAR STUDDED
Steve Nash
Cedric Ceballos
AC Green
Michael Finley
Shawn Bradley
Dennis Rodman
Juwan Howard
Vernon Maxwell
Tum Hardaway
Danny Manning
Nick van Exel
Josh Howard
Antoine Walker
Raja Bell
Antawn Jamison
Devin Harris
Jerry Stackhouse
Jason Terry
Kevin Willis
Jason Kidd
Jamaal Magloire
Caron Butler
Shawn Marion
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic
Lamar Odom
Elton Brand
Vince Carter
Chris Kaman
OJ Mayo
Monta Ellis
Richard Jefferson
Rajon Rondo
Amare Stoudemire
David Lee
Andrew Bogut
Deron Williams
DeAndre Jordan
Luka Doncic
Kristaps Porzingis

And only one ring?

Walk on Water
03-14-2019, 06:38 AM
With all things considered Dirk is the better player. Dirk led all kinds of teams to the playoffs with little talent around him. He had a system. Lebron just makes its hard on himself and has to dominate the ball more, therefore can seem more valuable. But more effective? No. Dirk beat Lebron while Lebron teamed up with Bosh and Wade. Dirk has never had that kind of help. Lebron had to join all stars, get players suspended and rely on last second shots by other players. Even with all that, he still lost 6 Finals. Once Lebron game out west, he couldn

stalkerforlife
03-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Dirk.

kentatm
03-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Wait till the dumbass realises Dirk played with Stackhouse/Rondo/DWill/Marion and Jamison and only has a ring to show for it

Josh Howard
Caron Butler
Monta Ellis
Jason Terry
Antawn Jamison
Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
DeAndre Jordan
Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Kaman
Tyson Chandler
Rajon Rondo
Peja Stojakovic
Devin Harris
Jameer Nelson
Elton Brand
Lamar Odom
Richard Jefferson
Andrew Bogut

Absolutely STAR STUDDED

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Of those guys only Josh Howard and Jason Terry were in their prime. How many All Star appearances did they have combined with Dirk? 1. Josh Howard was an injury replacement in 2007.

And1AllDay
03-14-2019, 02:22 PM
What about Baron Davis?

:roll: :applause: :applause:

Mr.GOAT2408
03-15-2019, 01:50 AM
Dirk led the Mavs to several 50 win seasons in a stacked west despite having no other superstar on his team - Kidd and and Nash were def not in their primes. Some credit to Mavs FO but Dirk has such an easy skillset to build around. Should have won 2 titles if 06 was officiated correctly but thankfully he still won one title

So yeah, have to go with Dirk. Better shooter, not too far off as a scorer, not a statpadder, not a team cancer, and also destroyed prime LeBron back in 2011 :lol

TheCorporation
03-15-2019, 01:55 AM
Dirk led the Mavs to several 50 win seasons in a stacked west despite having no other superstar on his team - Kidd and and Nash were def not in their primes. Some credit to Mavs FO but Dirk has such an easy skillset to build around. Should have won 2 titles if 06 was officiated correctly but thankfully he still won one title

So yeah, have to go with Dirk. Better shooter, not too far off as a scorer, not a statpadder, not a team cancer, and also destroyed prime LeBron back in 2011 :lol

Hi Kenneth,

This has to be you because no on else would ever be stupid enough to make a name "Mr. Goat 24-8."

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

I hope you aren't try to rank Dirk ahead of LeBron, unless of course this means you want Kobe out of the top 20 for good? :eek:

TheCorporation
03-15-2019, 01:56 AM
What about Baron Davis?

Uncle Drew with the classic slams :roll: :roll:

Can't believe that dude really thought LeBron played with Baron Davis :lol