PDA

View Full Version : Why couldn't Jordan score as many points as Lebron?

StrongLurk
03-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Jordan was supposedly a better scorer than Lebron and played in an easier era. And Lebron gets more assists and rebounds. It's not like Jordan didn't shoot a lot.

Proctor
03-21-2019, 08:42 PM
Thought provoking question, no doubt. Have also wondered why Lebron couldn't win as many rings as Jordan? It's not like Lebron lacked for chances. Big Lebron fan personally, by the way.

Real14
03-21-2019, 08:45 PM
These Bron stans are getting worse and worse. Its quite sad actually:facepalm

TheCorporation
03-21-2019, 09:01 PM
Thought provoking question, no doubt. Have also wondered why Lebron couldn't win as many rings as Jordan? It's not like Lebron lacked for chances. Big Lebron fan personally, by the way.

Well the quick and obvious answer is competition.

Why didn't Jordan win more rings than Russell?

But back to your initial question, which one of those jokes of a Finals team do you think LeBron would actually lose to?

At worst he'd be 5/6 and at best 8/8 or so...

ballinhun8
03-21-2019, 09:15 PM
Unlike corporation, I'll give you a real answer.

It's not that Jordan couldn't. He just didn't need to. He didn't play in nearly as many games nor did he need as many. He won more than he lost so he was basically ineligible to pass him in total points. What's more indicative is the PPG because that's actually the barometer we use when determining best scorers.

Total points is a longevity thing. Let's also not get into the fact that LeBron gets to play in the weakest era ever and that offensively we are seeing spikes in scoring due to an emphasis made by the league to curb defense in order to get higher ratings. It's not because he's actually a better scorer. I mean he got literal cupcakes all the way until he met real competition in the Finals. And what happens there? He gets opposing coaches who make him play right into their scheme.

So there you have it OP. The real answer you were looking for.

3ball
03-21-2019, 09:23 PM
Well the quick and obvious answer is competition.

Why didn't Jordan win more rings than Russell?

But back to your initial question, which one of those jokes of a Finals team do you think LeBron would actually lose to?

At worst he'd be 5/6 and at best 8/8 or so...
Same reason he didn't win as many as Horry

And yr asking how many lebron would get as a bull? With 1 less all-star than he won all his rings with? He wouldn't make the Finals in any year of mj's career

ImKobe
03-21-2019, 09:27 PM
Jordan could afford to play 11 full seasons worth of games from 84-98 and win twice as many titles & 10x as many scoring titles as Bran in 16 seasons. It's actually crazy to think that Jordan led the league in scoring in 10 straight full seasons played after his rookie year.

Jordan actually averaged more offensive boards, steals and blocks on top of the huge gap in scoring.

MJistheGOAT
03-21-2019, 10:13 PM
Why MJ got 10 consecutive scoring titles, an accolade relative to his peers and era, versus LePushed only one???

And1AllDay
03-21-2019, 10:14 PM
Why MJ got 10 consecutive scoring titles, an accolade relative to his peers and era, versus LePushed only one???

Scottie
Pippen

egokiller
03-21-2019, 10:38 PM
LeBron needed Kyrie or Wade to win 3.
MJ needed Pippen to win 6.

MJ needed less than LeBron to win twice as much.

Simon with another thread backfire. :roll:

TheCorporation
03-21-2019, 10:46 PM

No

I'm sure you're missing the point, but Scottie Pippen did everything more than Jordan except for scoring ( rebounds assists steals blocks ) so if all Bron had to do was focus on scoring I'm sure he could get more than 30 per game.

I hope this makes sense for you, it might be hard to comprehend for people with a small brain

Bawkish
03-21-2019, 11:23 PM
No

I'm sure you're missing the point, but Scottie Pippen did everything more than Jordan except for scoring ( rebounds assists steals blocks ) so if all Bron had to do was focus on scoring I'm sure he could get more than 30 per game.

I hope this makes sense for you, it might be hard to comprehend for people with a small brain

Had Lebron focused more in scoring instead of doing everything, he could've won more than 3 rings. His teammates would surely step up with their roles if given chance. Together with all his all-star teammates, Lebron could've been MJ if he chose to.

Lebron avg triple double in 2016 and most said it is a milestone, which indeed it is. But people forget that Kyrie also had explosive games especially in those games 5,6 & 7. Bron almost had the same feat in 2015 without Kyrie and look what happened

FKAri
03-21-2019, 11:25 PM
Had Lebron focused more in scoring instead of doing everything, he could've won more than 3 rings. His teammates would surely step up with their roles if given chance. Together with all his all-star teammates, Lebron could've been MJ if he chose to.

Lebron avg triple double in 2016 and most said it is a milestone, which indeed it is. But people forget that Kyrie also had explosive games especially in those games 5,6 & 7. Bron almost had the same feat in 2015 without Kyrie and look what happened
:wtf:

Bawkish
03-21-2019, 11:35 PM
:wtf:

concentrate more in scoring and let others do their roles

comprende?

sdot_thadon
03-21-2019, 11:46 PM

Let's dive further into this great point you just made.

Mj's team usually had more hof players than the guys he beat. He's actually only defeated one team that had equal or greater hof talent than his team (pistons 91) every other series he's had the advantage.

91 Lakers had 2 but Worthy was hobbled as well as Scott (2nd and 3rd options for LA) this could count as a 2nd.

92 and 93 opponets had 1 hall of famer each. Mj's teams obviously never had less than 2.

2nd 3peat the Bulls had 3 hall of famers and the Sonics had 1, the Jazz had 2.

Perhaps I'm missing a team he defeated feel free to add to the list.

On the other hand the only time Lebron's team had more hall of fame talent than the opponent was 2011 which he lost. Every other series was equal or his team was at a disadvantage from that hall of fame standpoint.

Again feel free to correct me if I've left out someone something.

MJistheGOAT
03-21-2019, 11:52 PM
Bran ball
Check my stats

Sacrifice some stats and play defense for winning more rings??? Thats not LeStatpad fot ru.8

3ball
03-21-2019, 11:53 PM
To

Mj's team usually had more hof players than the guys he beat. He's actually only defeated one team that had equal or greater hof talent than his team (pistons 91) every other series he's had the advantage.

91 Lakers had 2 but Worthy was hobbled as well as Scott (2nd and 3rd options for LA)

92 and 93 opponets had 1 hall of famer each. Mj's teams obviously never had less than 2.

On the other hand the only time Lebron's team had more hall of fame talent than the opponent was 2011 which he lost. Every other series was equal or his team was at a disadvantage from that hall of fame standpoint.

Lakers and pistons had equal or more HOF's

And the sonics/jazz/magic/knicks/heat basically everyone had more decorated casts with more all-star players, appearances and accolades.. just more good players

The bulls were just MJ/pippen, and pippen wasn't a great or lethal scorer like say Wade/kyrie, so the bulls were a 1-man show on offense (MJ had to score 10-20 more than 2nd option to win all Finals, while lebron needed equal scoring partner to win)

FKAri
03-21-2019, 11:53 PM
concentrate more in scoring and let others do their roles

comprende?
It's not about concentration. It's a lack of scoring skills. Lebron can't hunt for his shot like MJ could. Lebron's an opportunistic scorer. He'll only attack the obvious exploits.

Spurs m8
03-22-2019, 12:19 AM
Played less games.

Didn't have the 3 ball.

Two major reasons....you fvcking dumb cvnt.

Why couldn't lebron average as many points as Jordan?

Patrick Chewing
03-22-2019, 12:26 AM
Is this a joke? Do people not realize he played 3 years in college and retired for nearly two full seasons??

Gus Hemmingway
03-22-2019, 12:27 AM
LeGoat surpassed that bitch Ordan in the only thing he was good at LMAO

what a travesty :oldlol:

LostCause
03-22-2019, 12:29 AM

91 Lakers had 2 but Worthy was hobbled as well as Scott (2nd and 3rd options for LA) this could count as a 2nd.

This point is whack

It doesn't matter how many "Hof" players are on a team if they aren't playing at a level indicative of having HOF talent. It's about how they played AT THAT TIME, not what their entire career body of work looks like

If you really wanted to go that route, LeBron didn't even make the Finals while having more HOF players than the opposing team.

Soundwave
03-22-2019, 12:39 AM
He obviously could have had that record if he really wanted it. Could have jumped ship to join Phil and the Lakers or Scottie in Portland and stat padded for a few extra years if he felt like it.

PPG is the metric for NBA scoring leadership, Jordan has more scoring titles than Wilt + Kobe + LeBron combined in like 50+ seasons of NBA basketball between them. He has the highest PPG in the history of the game both regular season and playoffs. Them's the facts, he's the most dominant scorer in the history of the game.

sportjames23
03-22-2019, 12:42 AM
Jordan was supposedly a better scorer than Lebron and played in an easier era. And Lebron gets more assists and rebounds. It's not like Jordan didn't shoot a lot.

Why couldn't Lebron win as many rings as MJ?

Lebron is supposedly a better playmaker and passer and rebounder and leader than MJ. It's not like Lebron didn't get to the Finals a lot.

TheCorporation
03-22-2019, 12:50 AM
Why couldn't Lebron win as many rings as MJ?

Lebron is supposedly a better playmaker and passer and rebounder and leader than MJ. It's not like Lebron didn't get to the Finals a lot.

You think if LBJ faced 6 mechanics he would lose? :lol

What was the best team Michael Jordan ever beat in the Finals?

TheCorporation
03-22-2019, 12:51 AM
LeGoat surpassed that bitch Ordan in the only thing he was good at LMAO

what a travesty :oldlol:

100%

LeBron has more points than Jordan in the playoffs and he's not even known for scoring.

Let that sink in :lol

3ball
03-22-2019, 12:54 AM
What was the best team Michael Jordan ever beat in the Finals?

How many more all-stars did lebron need to win than MJ?

And professional statisticians have determined that MJ won more underdog rings than lebron:

http://i66.tinypic.com/fa9zld.png

*Kareem's finals appearances are off in the second chart. Refer to the first chart. He should have 10. Kareem's rings above expectation total is around +0.9.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2mpg6fm.jpghttp://i64.tinypic.com/15hlhdx.png

*The numbers seem to fluctuate based on the changing ELO rankings and upsets. So in the first chart MJ has +2 rings above expectation and in the second updated chart he has +1.9.

*The Game Score averages above are not adjusted for pace.

Among NBA leaders, Bill Russell has the most rings above expectation with +2.4 (or +2.3), followed by MJ with +1.9 (previously +2.0).

Source:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lebrons-finals-record-isnt-really-a-disappointment/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-much-should-lebrons-finals-record-hurt-his-legacy/

Bawkish
03-22-2019, 12:54 AM
It's not about concentration. It's a lack of scoring skills. Lebron can't hunt for his shot like MJ could. Lebron's an opportunistic scorer. He'll only attack the obvious exploits.

on which he could've developed rather than dominating the ball & entire offense

Miami Lebron had spurts of low post game. He could've improved it & add to his own arsenal. He has the potential to become literally unstoppable in the paint if he wants to

TheCorporation
03-22-2019, 12:57 AM
2ball

Why are you posting old, irrelevant information? Please update your pitiful stats

PS: What was the best team Michael Jordan ever beat in the finals?

Soundwave
03-22-2019, 12:58 AM
on which he could've developed rather than dominating the ball & entire offense

Miami Lebron had spurts of low post game. He could've improved it & add to his own arsenal. He has the potential to become literally unstoppable in the paint if he wants to

He's never wanted to develop a post game because that would mean he'd have to play something other than face-up offence with the ball in his hands most of the times. He's not willing to do that even though physically he should be able to exploit defences that way.

His ego is too big. It's too bad actually that he lets stupid things get in the way of being the best player he could be. Things have to run LeBron Ball way or he freaks out and isn't willing to adjust. Didn't the Lakers want him to handle the ball less and let Lonzo/Rondo handle more of the ball handling and get LeBron more in the post? That lasted like oh, 2 games before he tuned Luke Walton out.

Jordan, even Kobe didn't give a f*ck about going into the post, if they could score that way they were fine with that versus slashing/driving to the rim all the time.

TheCorporation
03-22-2019, 01:02 AM
2ball literally posted something that says LeBron has made six finals and doesn't realize it's outdated.

Sweet jesus.

Bawkish
03-22-2019, 01:04 AM
100%

LeBron has more points than Jordan in the playoffs and he's not even known for scoring.

Let that sink in :lol

retarded post coming from a retard

what else is new? :confusedshrug:

superduper
03-22-2019, 01:21 AM
Unlike corporation, I'll give you a real answer.

It's not that Jordan couldn't. He just didn't need to. He didn't play in nearly as many games nor did he need as many. He won more than he lost so he was basically ineligible to pass him in total points. What's more indicative is the PPG because that's actually the barometer we use when determining best scorers.

Total points is a longevity thing. Let's also not get into the fact that LeBron gets to play in the weakest era ever and that offensively we are seeing spikes in scoring due to an emphasis made by the league to curb defense in order to get higher ratings. It's not because he's actually a better scorer. I mean he got literal cupcakes all the way until he met real competition in the Finals. And what happens there? He gets opposing coaches who make him play right into their scheme.

So there you have it OP. The real answer you were looking for.

Great post, unfortunately these alts avoid the cold hard truth like the PLAGUE

And1AllDay
03-22-2019, 01:28 AM
Holy crap you mean to tell me Jordan could score more points then anybody else and LeBron still passed him :eek: :eek:

superduper
03-22-2019, 01:29 AM
Holy crap you mean to tell me Jordan could score more points then anybody else and LeBron still passed him :eek: :eek:

PPG?

And1AllDay
03-22-2019, 01:30 AM
retarded post coming from a retard

what else is new? :confusedshrug:
Wheres the lie cutie pie

And1AllDay
03-22-2019, 01:31 AM
PPG?
Points scored

As in the amount of times you score of the ball.

It does not account for retards that play baseball

superduper
03-22-2019, 01:31 AM
Points scored

As in the amount of times you score of the ball.

It does not account for retards that play baseball

So you don't want to list their PPG?

Gotcha.

And1AllDay
03-22-2019, 01:33 AM
So you don't want to list their PPG?

Gotcha.

How many players have scored more points then LeBron James in the playoffs?

And1AllDay
03-22-2019, 01:35 AM
Ohhhh

Here it is:

https://i.postimg.cc/kM2jfvG5/Screenshot-20190315-093204-Phonto.jpg

The more you know :pimp:

superduper
03-22-2019, 01:39 AM
How many players have scored more points then LeBron James in the playoffs?

Is there a specific reason you're insecure about PPG?

And1AllDay
03-22-2019, 01:42 AM
Is there a specific reason you're insecure about PPG?

https://i.postimg.cc/kM2jfvG5/Screenshot-20190315-093204-Phonto.jpg

#1 Bran
#2 Mike
#3 Kareem
#4 Kobe
#5.Shaq

I'm ok with that, are you?

LostCause
03-22-2019, 03:44 AM
If LeBrons s better scorer than Jordan, what's the logical explanation for his PPG being substantially lower?

brutalBBQ
03-22-2019, 05:05 AM
Lebron Stans are basically shills, so we can educate their post mortem thinking muscles, lets remind everyone what a shill is

an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
"I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club"

You'll find shills in many forums, on many threads, I wouldn't be surprised if LeBald actually had a bunch of Pajets in Silicon Valley as employed keyboard warriors to influence his rotten legacy.
It must be really enjoyable rooting for a guy that couldn't even get ring with original team, rooting for a guy that he even self confessed MJ is the GoAT, and wearing his number.
Claiming a guy thay won 3'rings out of how many tries, we dont need to count because the history is already written. Lebron stans have been indirectly influenced by MJs greatness, he laid the foundations for the modern NBA player, LeBron is literally riding on MJs coat tails, had multiple.opportunities to surpass and failed. Stats aunt shit without rings, we might as well be arguing a case for Curry over Lebron, its that bad.

TheCorporation
03-22-2019, 05:26 AM
If LeBrons s better scorer than Jordan, what's the logical explanation for his PPG being substantially lower?
Soke of the top Postseason scores based upon ppg are:

Iverson
Gervin
West

Etc.

You're telling me that's a better list of the best playoff scorers than the top 5 posted above? Not a chance.

And I didn't think this needed to be mentioned but it seems like it does. Jordan took a lot of time off which means he was fresher in his moments. He never had the heart and durability to make it to eight consecutive finals, let alone four.

warriorfan
03-22-2019, 05:32 AM
Lebron Stans are basically shills, so we can educate their post mortem thinking muscles, lets remind everyone what a shill is

You'll find shills in many forums, on many threads, I wouldn't be surprised if LeBald actually had a bunch of Pajets in Silicon Valley as employed keyboard warriors to influence his rotten legacy.
It must be really enjoyable rooting for a guy that couldn't even get ring with original team, rooting for a guy that he even self confessed MJ is the GoAT, and wearing his number.
Claiming a guy thay won 3'rings out of how many tries, we dont need to count because the history is already written. Lebron stans have been indirectly influenced by MJs greatness, he laid the foundations for the modern NBA player, LeBron is literally riding on MJs coat tails, had multiple.opportunities to surpass and failed. Stats aunt shit without rings, we might as well be arguing a case for Curry over Lebron, its that bad.

:roll:

egokiller
03-22-2019, 07:11 AM

FKAri
03-22-2019, 07:55 AM

No might as well needed. We already have guys arguing Curry over Lebron. Stephonit thinks Curry's the GOAT :oldlol:

sdot_thadon
03-22-2019, 09:14 AM
This point is whack

It doesn't matter how many "Hof" players are on a team if they aren't playing at a level indicative of having HOF talent. It's about how they played AT THAT TIME, not what their entire career body of work looks like

If you really wanted to go that route, LeBron didn't even make the Finals while having more HOF players than the opposing team.
Right. Which is exactly what I'm saying. At the time. I'm not doing like some here and saying a guy is an allstar becuase he made the team once 5 years ago or that someone isn't because they were allstar level but got snubbed one year. I'm saying Mj almost always had more hall of fame talent on his teams than the opponent. When he didn't? He lost all but once. It's ok to tell the truth.

StrongLurk
03-22-2019, 09:16 AM
This is the worst basketball forum on the internet :lol

LostCause
03-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Soke of the top Postseason scores based upon ppg are:

Iverson
Gervin
West

Etc.

You're telling me that's a better list of the best playoff scorers than the top 5 posted above? Not a chance.

And I didn't think this needed to be mentioned but it seems like it does. Jordan took a lot of time off which means he was fresher in his moments. He never had the heart and durability to make it to eight consecutive finals, let alone four.

The top 5 playoff PPG leaders are

Jordan
Iverson
West
LeBron
Durant

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that list. That said, the bit about Jordan being fresher is just excuse making. What's done is done, but there's a reason there's a substantial gap between Jordan and everyone else in playoff PPG.

The only takeaway here is the obvious truth: Jordan was the superior scorer, LeBron was a notch below that but has maintained it longer ( I think he'll probably get at least 3 more years of high scoring runs as well). What's wrong with that?

TheCorporation
03-22-2019, 12:29 PM
The top 5 playoff PPG leaders are

Jordan
Iverson
West
LeBron
Durant

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that list. That said, the bit about Jordan being fresher is just excuse making. What's done is done, but there's a reason there's a substantial gap between Jordan and everyone else in playoff PPG.

The only takeaway here is the obvious truth: Jordan was the superior scorer, LeBron was a notch below that but has maintained it longer ( I think he'll probably get at least 3 more years of high scoring runs as well). What's wrong with that?

And you are saying that list is better than the total list of

LBJ
MJ
Kareem
Kobe
Shaq

One list practically has the top five players of all time in order, the other list is just a messed up piece of crap. And you're telling me with a straight face that one is more accurate? I just want to make sure I can confirm you as a crazy person from this day forward

LostCause
03-22-2019, 06:10 PM
And you are saying that list is better than the total list of

LBJ
MJ
Kareem
Kobe
Shaq

One list practically has the top five players of all time in order, the other list is just a messed up piece of crap. And you're telling me with a straight face that one is more accurate? I just want to make sure I can confirm you as a crazy person from this day forward

Are you intentionally being moronic here? If the question is who's the GOAT players, your list is more accurate. This is about who are the best playoff scorers, and it doesn't matter at all how you feel about the rankings, they're ranked by PPG in the playoffs

It's fairly obvious why guys like Shaq aren't in the top 5 (Playing well into their declines).

Question though, is Tony Parker a better playoff scorer than Kevin Durant?

And1AllDay
03-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Are you intentionally being moronic here? If the question is who's the GOAT players, your list is more accurate. This is about who are the best playoff scorers, and it doesn't matter at all how you feel about the rankings, they're ranked by PPG in the playoffs

It's fairly obvious why guys like Shaq aren't in the top 5 (Playing well into their declines).

Question though, is Tony Parker a better playoff scorer than Kevin Durant?

Well I'm assuming Kevin Durant isn't retired yet? I'm also assuming he'll make the playoffs this year, and add to his totals, so why don't you get back to me when his career is done.

BAD troll question :facepalm

LostCause
03-22-2019, 09:47 PM
Well I'm assuming Kevin Durant isn't retired yet? I'm also assuming he'll make the playoffs this year, and add to his totals, so why don't you get back to me when his career is done.

BAD troll question :facepalm

:biggums: Tony Parker isn

TheCorporation
03-22-2019, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=LostCause]:biggums: Tony Parker isn

LostCause
03-23-2019, 12:11 AM
You're trying to find outliers and it's cute but it's not really working.

We're discussing the top 5 of all time. Keep up

Cool. Answer this question, and don't get cute

If LeBron is a better PLAYOFF scorer than Jordan, why is his PPG significantly lower?

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 12:15 AM
Cool. Answer this question, and don't get cute

If LeBron is a better PLAYOFF scorer than Jordan, why is his PPG significantly lower?

Answer this question, and don't get cute.

If Jordan is a better PLAYOFF scorer than LeBron then why did it take him MORE shots to score LESS points

https://i.postimg.cc/wj7TK88J/Screenshot-20180911-090201-Phonto.jpg

:eek: Uh oh

LostCause
03-23-2019, 12:22 AM

If Jordan is a better PLAYOFF scorer than LeBron then why did it take him MORE shots to score LESS points

You're trying to dodge :no:

So you're not able to answer the question? Try to keep up homie

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 12:26 AM
You're trying to dodge :no:

So you're not able to answer the question? Try to keep up homie

That's it?

We stay winning :banana:

3ball
03-23-2019, 12:29 AM

Because MJ didn't take advantage of freebie points (3's and FT's), so he needed more shots

But his shooting efficiency was equal to Lebron's (57% ts) and his offensive efficiency was goat (118), so he made more shots than lebron and averaged 5 more ppg

Ultimately, MJ gave his teams more (volume).... of a good thing (elite efficiency)..... than any player in history... :eek: .. :bowdown: :bowdown:

LostCause
03-23-2019, 12:29 AM
That's it?

We stay winning :banana:

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/3758708992/h8367CA8E/

Take as much time as you need. When you're able to answer the question, bump this thread

Have a good one!

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 12:34 AM

Anyone?

3ball
03-23-2019, 02:13 AM
Anyone?
Less extra points from threes and FT's, so MJ needed more shots

But his shooting efficiency was the same as bron's (57 ts) and his offensive efficiency was better, so he averaged 5 more points and made far more shots

MJ gave his team more (volume) of a good thing (efficiency)..

And his higher number of made fg's each game gave his team more positive outcomes of possessions which controlled game flow better

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 02:16 AM
Less extra points from threes and FT's, so MJ needed more shots

But his shooting efficiency was the same as bron's and his offensive efficiency was better, so he averaged 5 more points and made far more shots

MJ gave his team more (volume) of a good thing (efficiency)..

And his higher number of made fg's each game gave his team more positive outcomes of possessions which controlled game flow better

Oh okay so LeBron scored more points on less shots got it thanks bye

And assists? Rebounds?

3ball
03-23-2019, 02:20 AM
Oh okay so LeBron scored more points on less shots got it thanks bye

And assists? Rebounds?
Lebron averaged 27.2 and 7.2 apg in the 12/13/16 playoffs

MJ averaged 33.7 and 6.6 in the 91-93 playoffs

So MJ had to do more to win 3 rings.. :confusedshrug:

in addition to 6 more points, MJ had more oreb, steals, blocks, ft%, usage, offensive efficiency (ortg), PER, average win share, and lower TO's

Hope that answers your question.. :cheers:

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 02:23 AM
Lebron averaged 27.2 and 7.2 apg in the 12/13/16 playoffs

MJ averaged 33.7 and 6.6 in the 91-93 playoffs

So MJ had to do more to win 3 rings.. :confusedshrug:

in addition to 6 more points, MJ had more oreb, steals, blocks, ft%, usage, offensive efficiency (ortg), PER, average win share, and lower TO's

Hope that answers your question.. :cheers:

Bla bla bla
https://i.postimg.cc/6TJHw4Yg/Screenshot-20190315-093204-Phonto.jpg

Goodnight buddy

3ball
03-23-2019, 02:27 AM
Bla bla bla

Career PPG

1. Jordan...... 33.5

Iverson..... 29.7
West......... 29.1
Lebron...... 28.9
Durant...... 28.8
Barry......... 27.3
Elgin......... 27.0
Gervin...... 26.5
Curry........ 26.0
Hakeem... 25.9
Kobe.........25.6

Nighty night

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 02:38 AM
Career PPG

1. Jordan...... 33.5

Iverson..... 29.7
West......... 29.1
Lebron...... 28.9
Durant...... 28.8
Barry......... 27.3
Elgin......... 27.0
Gervin...... 26.5
Curry........ 26.0
Hakeem... 25.9
Kobe.........25.6

Nighty night

Iverson, West, Barry :oldlol:

I seriously can't tell if you troll or if you're being serious with that list. At least mine is legitimate

Mr.GOAT2408
03-23-2019, 03:34 AM
LeGBT community spazzing out after their idol missed the playoffs in his first season out west :lol

The GOAT scored far more per game, per minutes, and especially per possession. Sure the 80s weren't the best defensively but the 90s were pretty good

Imagine if Jordan played in today's pace and space era where he would undoubtedly be a better 3 point shooter, you know since the 3 ball is a huge part of today's game instead of an afterthought like in Jordan's era. Jeez, his numbers would be insane if he statpadded like some of today's stars :bowdown:

Shaquille O'Neal
03-23-2019, 03:54 AM
[quote=LostCause]:biggums: Tony Parker isn

Shaquille O'Neal
03-23-2019, 03:56 AM
LeGBT community spazzing out after their idol missed the playoffs in his first season out west :lol

The GOAT scored far more per game, per minutes, and especially per possession. Sure the 80s weren't the best defensively but the 90s were pretty good

Imagine if Jordan played in today's pace and space era where he would undoubtedly be a better 3 point shooter, you know since the 3 ball is a huge part of today's game instead of an afterthought like in Jordan's era. Jeez, his numbers would be insane if he statpadded like some of today's stars :bowdown:

Or, you know, had a 7 game 1st round series, or fukked around and instead of beating teams in 5-6 games let everything go to 7? Against team's like last year's Raptors or Pacers....:facepalm

If you're going to prop up his point with 1/2 the ring count (2/3 of them were bailed out anyway) then you're just proving what a LeFailure he is even more. Pick one or the other....

MJistheGOAT
03-23-2019, 08:58 AM
Who scored more % of total points of the team, specially in playoffs at same efficiency, better ortg and won more rings doing that???

Also playing elite defense ...

Answer: the GOAT

LostCause
03-23-2019, 02:12 PM

Whole new day. Still no answer to this question? :lol

Are folks scared of contradicting themselves trying to explain that or some shit lmao

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 02:56 PM

Hi Kenny

LeBron did his best to clean up Kobe's five-year mess but unfortunately it was too much to bear for an injured LeBron.

Manny98
03-23-2019, 03:02 PM
Because LeBron has to run the offense and make plays for his teammates as well

He didn't have the luxury of a Pippen by his side who can be the teams floor general

LeBron had to be the teams floor general and go to scorer at the same time no other great had to carry such a heavy burden

SpaceJam2
03-23-2019, 03:24 PM

He didn't have the luxury of a Pippen by his side who can be the teams floor general

LeBron had to be the teams floor general and go to scorer at the same time no other great had to carry such a heavy burden

:applause: :applause:

LostCause
03-23-2019, 03:55 PM

So he's not a better scorer than Jordan because he also has to set up his teammates?

Manny98
03-23-2019, 04:12 PM
So he's not a better scorer than Jordan because he also has to set up his teammates?
LeBron carried a bigger offensive burden (playmaking & scoring) whilst being more efficient at the same time

MJistheGOAT
03-23-2019, 04:23 PM

You have just said Jordan is the better scorer.
Lebron needs team mates to sink the spot up shoots, he is not capable of assuming the % of scoring MJ had.

ballinhun8
03-23-2019, 04:27 PM
As said before.......Jordan averaged more per game. That's the real basis of finding out the better scorer.

Manny98
03-23-2019, 04:33 PM
You have just said Jordan is the better scorer.
Lebron needs team mates to sink the spot up shoots, he is not capable of assuming the % of scoring MJ had.
Um see last playoffs where he averaged 34ppg off godly efficiency

When was Jordan ever as efficient of a scorer as LeBron or KD?

Manny98
03-23-2019, 04:34 PM
As said before.......Jordan averaged more per game. That's the real basis of finding out the better scorer.
No it isn't retard they're is thing called efficiency something Jordan is kind of lacking in

LostCause
03-23-2019, 04:39 PM
LeBron carried a bigger offensive burden (playmaking & scoring) whilst being more efficient at the same time
The difference in efficiency is insignificant according to TS% btw

Anyway, you're not answering the question directly. So true or false. You're saying LeBron isn't a better scorer than Jordan because he has to playmake as well as score.

It's like you're building in excuses without just answering the question

Rico2016
03-23-2019, 04:41 PM
I'll say it louder for the people in the back:

LeBron James has scored more points than any player in playoff history.

In fact, he surpassed Jordan's once #1 mark by scoring more points on less shots.

Somebody may ask how could LBJ do such a thing?

Well for starters he didn't lose in the first round three times and he went to many more finals. Two things Jordan could not overcome.

This discussion is now over.

3ball
03-23-2019, 04:51 PM

Lebron had Wade and Kyrie, who are better playmakers, ball-handlers and PG's than pippen

And to achieve 3 rings, jordan averaged 33.7 and 6.6 apg in 91-93 playoffs, while lebron only needed 27.2 and 7.2 in 12/23/16 playoffs

So MJ "did more" to win rings and ur making up lies

Manny98
03-23-2019, 05:00 PM
The difference in efficiency is insignificant according to TS% btw

Anyway, you're not answering the question directly. So true or false. You're saying LeBron isn't a better scorer than Jordan because he has to playmake as well as score.

It's like you're building in excuses without just answering the question
LeBron is more efficient he has a higher true shooting than Jordan who can't even shoot 3s consistently

LeBron is more efficient therefore he's better simple as that

LeBron and KD are the only 2 players to score at a high volume to go along with elite efficiency in the regular season and the playoffs

Jordans high ppg is nice but im not very impressed with his subpar efficiency tbh. Below 58 true shooting doesn't cut it to be the GOAT scorer

Manny98
03-23-2019, 05:01 PM
Lebron had Wade and Kyrie, who are better playmakers, ball-handlers and PG's than pippen

And to achieve 3 rings, jordan averaged 33.7 and 6.6 apg in 91-93 playoffs, while lebron only needed 27.2 and 7.2 in 12/23/16 playoffs

So MJ "did more" to win rings and ur making up lies
Jordan won with 4 rebounds and 2 assists nuff said

LostCause
03-23-2019, 05:03 PM
No it isn't retard they're is thing called efficiency something Jordan is kind of lacking in

Jordans career playoff TS% is .568. LeBrons is .579. That's an insignificant difference of 0.011. Or at least, insignificant to most folks with brains. But to you, Jordans "lacking in" efficiency compared to LeBron?

Okay then. If that's true, you must also feel the same way about LeBron in 2016. LeBrons 2016 Finals TS% was .562 (Lower than Jordans career avg). Curry's was .580 (Higher than Brons career avg). Difference of 0.018. Also Higher than the difference between Jordan and LeBron

So by your own logic, LeBrons efficiency was severely lacking that series and Curry, who you all deride over stinking up those Finals, was very efficient

Seriously, do you morons even try to hold consistent and defensible positions or do yal just roll with whatever pops in your head at any given moment?

LeBron is more efficient he has a higher true shooting than Jordan who can't even shoot 3s consistently

LeBron is more efficient therefore he's better simple as that

LeBron and KD are the only 2 players to score at a high volume to go along with elite efficiency in the regular season and the playoffs

Jordans high ppg is nice but im not very impressed with his subpar efficiency tbh. Below 58 true shooting doesn't cut it to be the GOAT scorer

Lmao

That's a very roundabout way of saying "Yeah, I admit Jordans the better scorer"

Someone bump this thread when you're actually able to answer this simple question:

Manny98
03-23-2019, 05:13 PM
Jordan takes 5 more shots a game of course his ppg is going to be higher dummy

But at the end of the day LeBron is still more efficient

I value efficiency over volume so that makes LeBron better

MJistheGOAT
03-23-2019, 05:38 PM
Jordan takes 5 more shots a game of course his ppg is going to be higher dummy

But at the end of the day LeBron is still more efficient

I value efficiency over volume so that makes LeBron better

Volume = 6 rings 6/6 in finals
Efficiency = 3 rings 3/9 in finals, 2 sweeps, 2 gentlemen sweeps, 2 worst point differential losses in Finals.

LostCause
03-23-2019, 05:42 PM
So LeBron is a better scorer than Jordan because he shoots less and scores less points on an insignificant efficiency difference :facepalm

I'm out

Manny98
03-23-2019, 05:45 PM
So LeBron is a better scorer than Jordan because he shoots less and scores less points on an insignificant efficiency difference :facepalm

I'm out
Its not insignificant LeBron is more efficient simple as that

Don't be mad at me that Jordan couldn't shoot as well from the field as LeBron and KD

Manny98
03-23-2019, 05:46 PM
Volume = 6 rings 6/6 in finals
Efficiency = 3 rings 3/9 in finals, 2 sweeps, 2 gentlemen sweeps, 2 worst point differential losses in Finals.
You know you lost when you start bringing up meaningless bs like finals record :oldlol:

3ball
03-23-2019, 05:56 PM
Its not insignificant LeBron is more efficient simple as that

Don't be mad at me that Jordan couldn't shoot as well from the field as LeBron and KD
MJ and lebron have near-equal shooting efficiency in the playoffs (about 57% true shooting)

But MJ has higher offensive efficiency overall, including higher offensive rating and Player Efficiency Rating (ORtg and PER)

So MJ was more efficient while scoring 5 more PPG.. :bowdown:

Manny98
03-23-2019, 06:03 PM
MJ and lebron have near-equal shooting efficiency in the playoffs (about 57% true shooting)

But MJ has higher offensive efficiency overall, including higher offensive rating and Player Efficiency Rating (ORtg and PER)

Average PER in championship runs

MJ 28.5

LeBron 29.5

So LeBron put up better numbers than MJ in the years they won a championship

3ball
03-23-2019, 06:25 PM

MJ 28.5

LeBron 29.5

PER for jordan in 91 to 93'f Playoffs:. 32.0, 27.2, 30.1
PER for lebron in 12/13/16 Playoffs:. 30.3, 28.1, 30.0

Playoff stats required for Jordan's rings vs. Lebron's rings

Jordan 91, 92, 93 Playoffs:. 33.7 ppg.. 6.4 rpg.. 6.6 apg.. 2.8 tov.. 57.2 ts.. 120 ortg.. 29.5 PER
Lebron 12, 13, 16 Playoffs:. 27.2 ppg.. 9.2 rpg.. 7.2 apg.. 3.4 tov.. 58.1 ts.. 117 ortg.. 29.2 PER

MJ was required to score nearly 7 more points with equal assists and efficiency.. :lebronamazed:

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:27 PM
Becos he lacked durability and a longer peak (6 Finals vs 9) and he was swept in the 1st round three times

Not rocket science :confusedshrug:

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:29 PM

MJ 28.5

LeBron 29.5

:eek: :eek: :eek: 3baLLLLLL fallin apart at the seams poor fella.

Whats so bad about Mike as #2 anyway why is 2ball so :mad: that Mikey is #2 now its not like a bad acheivement neway

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:30 PM

So you say all this dumb shit and then no one takes you seriously when you say Bron isnt top 15.

Your really disturbed and it irks a lot of people so no one takes you serioulsy anymore bruh

be honest

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:32 PM
You know you lost when you start bringing up meaningless bs like finals record :oldlol:

Especially without competition mentions

Blazers :oldlol:
HIV Magic and injured Worthy :oldlol:
Jazz that have two finals showings and zero chips in 20 years both in prime :oldlol:
PUHHHHHHHHHLEASE

3ball
03-23-2019, 06:32 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: 3baLLLLLL fallin apart at the seams poor fella.

Whats so bad about Mike as #2 anyway why is 2ball so :mad: that Mikey is #2 now its not like a bad acheivement neway
:whatever:.. Manny lied about the PER's.. here's there actual PER's and mj's is clearly higher:

Jordan 91, 92, 93 Playoffs:. 33.7 ppg.. 6.4 rpg.. 6.6 apg.. 2.8 tov.. 57.2 ts.. 120 ortg.. 29.5 PER
Lebron 12, 13, 16 Playoffs:. 27.2 ppg.. 9.2 rpg.. 7.2 apg.. 3.4 tov.. 58.1 ts.. 117 ortg.. 29.2 PER

MJ was required to score nearly 7 more points with equal assists and efficiency.. :lebronamazed:

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:33 PM
Um see last playoffs where he averaged 34ppg off godly efficiency

When was Jordan ever as efficient of a scorer as LeBron or KD?

Never, plus he played 6'1 150 pound guards. Just imagine it, trying his shit against Kawhi or Draymond/Iggy :roll: :roll: :roll:

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:35 PM
:whatever:.. Manny lied about the PER's.. here's there actual PER's and mj's is clearly higher:

Manny doesnt lie, he is including 96-98 obv...

What are Mikes 96, 97, 98 numbers please :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

You aint tryin to say that

Thunder, Spurs, Warriors = HIV Magic, Drexler/Porter, Barkely Suns are you? I dont think you've gone that far off the deep end (yet) im giving you benefit of the doubt.

Mike beat weak teams, can we agree on that much?

Manny98
03-23-2019, 06:38 PM
I didn't lie lol

LeBrons PER for his championships rings is 29.5 rounded up

Jordans PER is 28.5 and if you include only his first three peat it's 29.8

And why are you leaving out LeBron having a better defensive rating and +/- than MJ

So Jordan has a slight edge in ppg due to taking much more shots whilst being less efficient in the process whilst LeBron has the clear edge in everything else (defense,rebounding,assists) LeBron wins again :bowdown:

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:46 PM
I didn't lie lol

LeBrons PER for his championships rings is 29.5 rounded up

Jordans PER is 28.5 and if you include only his first three peat it's 29.8

And why are you leaving out LeBron having a better defensive rating and +/- than MJ

So Jordan has a slight edge in ppg due to taking much more shots whilst being less efficient in the process whilst LeBron has the clear edge in everything else (defense,rebounding,assists) LeBron wins again :bowdown:

That boy Manny always bringing the heat :bowdown:

KingManny98 :pimp:

3ball
03-23-2019, 06:46 PM
Manny doesnt lie, he is including 96-98 obv...

What are Mikes 96, 97, 98 numbers please :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

You aint tryin to say that

Thunder, Spurs, Warriors = HIV Magic, Drexler/Porter, Barkely Suns are you? I dont think you've gone that far off the deep end (yet) im giving you benefit of the doubt.

Mike beat weak teams, can we agree on that much?
The bad boys had more talent than the 16' warriors (3x all-stars at every starting spot... Isiah/dumars/rodman > curry/klay/dray).. bad boys were b2b champs; lebron never beat a b2b champ

:confusedshrug:

And MJ did it with one less all-star teammate than lebron had.. give those bulls an extra all-star and they'd sweep the Warriors easily

Then he beat the Shaq/Duncan killers, the Shaq/Penny Magic, Riley's 60-win Knicks, and zion/payton/schrempf Sonics.. All in dominating fashion... And again, with one less star teammate..

lebron doesn't compare.. who did he beat? An old spurs team where he played like shit for 6 games (23 on 43%), so he needed ray to force game 7?.. the warriors < bad boys as described above?.. a baby okc team with harden warming the bench?.. none of that compares to what MJ faced..

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:49 PM
The bad boys had more talent than the 16' warriors (3x all-stars at every starting spot... Isiah/dumars/rodman > curry/klay/dray).. bad boys were b2b champs; lebron never beat a b2b champ

:confusedshrug:

And MJ did it with one less all-star.. give those bulls an extra all-star and they'd sweep the Warriors easily

Then he beat the Shaq/Duncan killers, the Shaq/Penny Magic, Riley's 60-win Knicks, and zion/payton/schrempf Sonics.. All in dominating fashion... And again, with one less star teammate..

lebron doesn't compare.. who did he beat? An old spurs team where he played like shit for 6 games (23 on 43%), so he needed ray to force game 7?.. the warriors < bad boys as described above?.. a baby okc team with harden warming the bench?.. none of that compares to what MJ faced..

What did LeBron do in game 7 vs Kawhi (not Hornacek) Finals 2013?

What was the best team Jordan beat in the Finals?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-23-2019, 06:49 PM
Jordan averages 33ppg on 49% shooting in the playoffs

Lebron averages 29ppg on 49% shooting in the playoffs

Jordan also has more 40 and 50 point games in the playoffs.

The end.

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Jordan averages 33ppg on 49% shooting in the playoffs

Lebron averages 29ppg on 49% shooting in the playoffs

Jordan also has more 40 and 50 point games in the playoffs.

The end.

Sounds like a 6'6 Iverson with A LOT of help to me (King Pippen)

Rebounds? Assists? Defense?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-23-2019, 06:52 PM
Sounds like a 6'6 Iverson to me

Rebounds? Assists? Defense?

Yeah.

Like Iverson, LeBron was less efficient than Jordan (as seen above).

But hey? Not everyone can be like Mike. Bron gets credit for trying :applause:

And1AllDay
03-23-2019, 06:56 PM
Should we just make a easy to read checklist for small brain people then

more points = lbj
less shots = lbj
better comp = lbj
most 1st round exits = mj
more steals = lbj
more game winners = lbj
higher elimination game ppg = lbj
better turover to assist ratio = lbj
most 30 pt games = lbj
most 30-5-5 games = lbj
more rebounds = lbj
more assists = lbj

anything else?

I mean geeze at this point is Mike even top 5? Kareem and Bird are knocking on MJ's door

3ball
03-23-2019, 06:59 PM
What did LeBron do in game 7 vs Kawhi (not Hornacek) Finals 2013?

What was the best team Jordan beat in the Finals?
Kawhi was a 2nd year baby like migraine pippen and his 9 points in 89' and 90'

Yet uber-prime lebron still laid an egg with 23 on 43% thru 6 games, and needed ray to force game 7

THAT DOESN'T COMPARE TO MIKE

let alone uber-prime Mike, who wasn't capable of averaging 23 a game over any 6 game stretch

3ball
03-23-2019, 07:28 PM
Should we just make a easy to read checklist for small brain people then

more points = lbj
less shots = lbj
better comp = lbj
most 1st round exits = mj
more steals = lbj
more game winners = lbj
higher elimination game ppg = lbj
better turover to assist ratio = lbj
most 30 pt games = lbj
most 30-5-5 games = lbj
more rebounds = lbj
more assists = lbj

anything else?

I mean geeze at this point is Mike even top 5? Kareem and Bird are knocking on MJ's door

:kobe:

MJ is the only guy to average 30/5/5 for a CAREER in the regular season... playoffs.... or Finals

Here's some other singular accomplishments:

- only player with 4+ fmvp (he has 6)
- only player at 30/5/5 for regular season... And playoffs... and Finals
- all-time leader in PPG, including a 4-point margin in playoffs
- 10 scoring titles (record)
- #1 all-time championship frequency since the 3-point line began (6 in 15 yrs.. 40.0%)
- only MVP to win 70+ and the championship
- only player that is top 2 in career PER, VORP, BPM, WS/48 for regular season and playoffs
- highest frequency of combined 1st team all-nba and 1st team all-defense - 19 selections in 10 seasons
- only HOF that was never outscored by a teammate in a playoff series (MJ led team by average margin of 15.4 ppg over 2nd option)
- only MJ/Kobe won multiple rings with 1 all-star teammate except Shaq (who had Kobe) and Hakeem (when MJ was out of the league
- only top 10 candidate that never lost as the 1 or 2 seed (6-0), aka most unbeatable player, aka goat (everyone else lost many times with 1 or 2 seeds)
- Best winning stats ever - 33.7 ppg and 6.6 apg in 91-93' PO (27.2 and 7.2 for lebron in 12/13/16' PO)
- Best losing stats ever - 44 ppg against champion 86' celtics and their #1 defense; 37/7/7 in 90' playoffs
- only player to win scoring title & dpoy in same season (88').. he also won MVP that yr
- only perimeter player to win scoring title and title in same season (6 times)
- all-time playoff records for single game pts, series ppg, and Finals ppg
- only player to sweep all 3 MVP's, scoring title, 1st team all-D, and ring in same season