PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving shouldve been 2016 FMVP( using 15

Big164
03-23-2019, 08:29 AM
Kyrie had less TOv and a higher TS% than Lebron, he delivered in clutch crucial moments and went up against the Opposing team

Ben Simmons 25
03-23-2019, 08:33 AM
Step your troll game up son. Pretty weak tbh.

Iggy hindered the clear best player in the series. Irving didn't impact Curry's play whatsoever.

LeBron led the series in literally every statistical category total not to mention clearly passing the eye test. Curry didn't lead the 15 Finals in any major category total... I don't have to look it up. I already know.

Terrible troll thread. Just terrible. You really must try harder. You've got to present something that's more believable and a better comparison at face value. That's a starting point. You have to make the lie believable. You gon' learn today.

LeCola
03-23-2019, 08:39 AM
Curry's FMVP is stolen same with A.Gordon's slam dunk contest award is stolen.

warriorfan
03-23-2019, 08:39 AM
Step your troll game up son. Pretty weak tbh.

Iggy hindered the clear best player in the series. Irving didn't impact Curry's play whatsoever.

LeBron led the series in literally every statistical category total not to mention clearly passing the eye test. Curry didn't lead the 15 Finals in any major category total... I don't have to look it up. I already know.

Terrible troll thread. Just terrible. You really must try harder. You've got to present something that's more believable and a better comparison at face value. That's a starting point. You have to make the lie believable. You gon' learn today.

Didn

Ben Simmons 25
03-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Didn’t lead any category when he was double teamed at half court consistently, it’s called a game plan, and it effects the box score. Golden States gameplan was to never double LeBron and let him shoot them out of the game which he did. Cleveland’s gameplan was let everyone else get what they can, but under no circumstance let Curry beat us.

Yeah but you guys literally couldn't have done single coverage without Iggy, and as such he tilted the series. I'm not saying that Iggy was a better player than Curry... he wasn't. Fact remains that without Iggy, you lose that series. Same can be said of Curry... but that's more speculative than Iggy's impact on that particular series which was extremely evident.

One could make the argument that Cleveland's gameplan was another reason for their loss. Would have giving Curry single coverage led to a better or worse result overall for the Warriors offense? Impossible to say. What's not impossible to say is that nobody else on the Warriors was capable of single coverage on LeBron other than Iguodala.

warriorfan
03-23-2019, 08:50 AM
Yeah but you guys literally couldn't have done single coverage without Iggy, and as such he tilted the series. I'm not saying that Iggy was a better player than Curry... he wasn't. Fact remains that without Iggy, you lose that series. Same can be said of Curry... but that's more speculative than Iggy's impact on that particular series which was extremely evident.

One could make the argument that Cleveland's gameplan was another reason for their loss. Would have giving Curry single coverage led to a better or worse result overall for the Warriors offense? Impossible to say. What's not impossible to say is that nobody else on the Warriors was capable of single coverage on LeBron other than Iguodala.

With the way everyone else was shooting on offense I’m pretty sure things would have went better if Cleveland single covered Curry. Look at who he was sharing the floor with. Thompson, Barnes, Draymond, Iguodala/Bogut all of these guys we can say sucked ass at offense in this stage of their career except for Thompson, his problem was not sucking but flat out choking. Klay choked big time in 2015. He scored like 15 ppg on shitty efficiency while getting great looks all series.

Bringing up if the Warriors would have done better in the series with No Curry vs No iguodala is foolish. We all know the answer to that question.

Hey Yo
03-23-2019, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Didn

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-23-2019, 09:04 AM
ironically Iggy himself said Kyrie shouldve won FMVP:lol :lol

and hes right

Hey Yo
03-23-2019, 09:06 AM
"The Warriors weren't pleased with all of the media attention Dellavedova received following that game, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Chris Haynes:

Sources within the Warriors' organization say they were "pissed off" and "irked" by the media attention Dellavedova was receiving and the narrative of the Australian "locking down" the league's MVP.

As for Curry, he was annoyed too, I'm told. :cry:

"People have lit a fire under Steph, which is good thing," Andrew Bogut told NEOMG. "It's something that you don't want to do. It worked out well. We know Delly is a great defender, but we know he's not a Curry stopper."

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/780373

StrongLurk
03-23-2019, 09:08 AM
Curry should have been 2015 FMVP

egokiller
03-23-2019, 09:12 AM
All that matters is that Kyrie won the Cavs the chip. He took the shot that LeBron is incapable of making on the biggest stage when it matters most and clutch factor is at its highest.

Lebron can try to replay those finals moments as much as he wants, picturing him in Kyrie

Hey Yo
03-23-2019, 09:15 AM
GS was 1-2 with Iggy coming off the bench

Went 3-0 after being inserted into the starting line-up in game 4.

Hey Yo
03-23-2019, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=egokiller]All that matters is that Kyrie won the Cavs the chip. He took the shot that LeBron is incapable of making on the biggest stage when it matters most and clutch factor is at its highest.

Lebron can try to replay those finals moments as much as he wants, picturing him in Kyrie

Hey Yo
03-23-2019, 09:28 AM
"Stephen Curry missed an NBA Finals-record 13 3-point field goals (courtesy of Elias Sports Bureau) in Game 2, in large part thanks to Dellavedova's defense.

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/106361/dellavedova-dominant-on-defense-in-game-2

Big164
03-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Its the biggest Injustice in Finals History. He was the leading scorer and offensive focal point on the Winning team.

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 11:04 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/V6VpmbPW/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

Be better

Manny98
03-23-2019, 11:10 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/V6VpmbPW/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

Be better
/thread

3ball
03-23-2019, 11:43 AM
I'm sure that curry's offense was negativity affected by defending kyrie on the other end

Kyrie absolutely impacted curry's performance and could've been MVP

Kyrie > Curry on the championship level, which is why lebron's Finals win in 16' was overrated - he had a talent ADVANTAGE on the Warriors, but people just see the 73 wins.. but lebron's 2nd option > the Warriors' #1 guy

Duncan21formvp
03-23-2019, 06:22 PM
Kyrie definitely should have been finals mvp by outplaying Curry. Lebron wasn't even playing defense. Harrison Barnes is the reason why. You virtually left him open and he couldn't hit.

ImKobe
03-23-2019, 08:54 PM
Kyrie definitely should have been finals mvp by outplaying Curry. Lebron wasn't even playing defense. Harrison Barnes is the reason why. You virtually left him open and he couldn't hit.

Pretty much.

Barnes and Ezeli effectively bailed the Cavs' defense out in Game 7, also doesn't help that Iggy was playing on a bad back & Bogut was completely out for the last two games.