PDA

View Full Version : Feels like we have cooled on Jokic and im not sure why.

Kblaze8855
03-23-2019, 11:45 AM
20/11/8....same record as the Warriors. Still shooting threes, posting up, running the floor and:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BestIncredibleDingo-size_restricted.gif

With more assists than any bigman I can think of since Wilt in the 60s when he decided to lead the league in assists.

I dont guess hes gonna win MVP or get many first place votes with Giannis and Harden out there but....I feel like his name needs to be mentioned a little more.

3ball
03-23-2019, 11:53 AM
as the playoffs near, people might be realizing that they don't have a real #2 or players with any proven experience

They look like a RS team that needs another year or 2 of seasoning

imdaman99
03-23-2019, 11:56 AM
I have learned to appreciate him. He's fun to watch.

Kblaze8855
03-23-2019, 12:01 PM
They certainly do...but your team not being ready never stopped stars from getting individual props especially when the team is winning an an unexpected level.

Granted...hes not spectacular in the eyes of a lot of fans. Hes spectacular to me but I still watch clips of Bill Walton and Birds two man game.

They may be playoff fodder like those 60 win Hawks recently but those Hawks didnt have a real star.

Feels like a team doing this well with a borderline MVP level player would get a little more talk. At least with Toronto we have the last couple years of them being great and not mattering to justify the "Meh...." status they get from fans.

Nuggets just dont have a hook to reel in public attention.

GoatBoy
03-23-2019, 12:11 PM
I think the general public has come to understand just how good he is, but as you said, a lot of people feel that this team has a feel the same way as that Hawks team. I fully understand where these people are coming from, because there best player is a pass-first guy and they don't really have that closer of sorts, coupled with the lack of playoff experience.

This Denver team is going to turn a lot of heads in the playoffs though. There depth and style of offence ran through Jokic will take them a long way. Denver is also an immensely tough place to play, so getting that first seed will do wonders for them. I see them getting to the WCF against the Warriors, and if they have home court, I don't think they will take out a team like that just yet, but they will definitely earn that respect for years to come.

NuggetsFan
03-23-2019, 12:24 PM
It's beyond underrated what he's done this season. If any other superstar was leading there team to that kinda record without another superstar they'd probably be the favorite for the MVP. Giannis absolutely deserves MVP over Jokic, but outside of him and maybe Harden Jokic has a better case than anybody. All the injuries, no other superstar, has had Denver on pace with GS. I just don't think people watch the Denver Nuggets really.

What he's doing at C is insane. I say it every time but he can make every pass a PG can. In transition, kicking it out, out of the post, dribble hands offs, hitting cuts, insane court long outlet passes, directs traffic. No look passes. The fact he's become more aggressive as a scorer and is now putting up 20 points a night makes him an absolute superstar.

Maybe because the Nuggets have zero playoff experience, so everyone knows there odds in the playoffs aren't great and there likely to flop? Still 2 years away.

NuggetsFan
03-23-2019, 12:25 PM
I was a big Melo fan, but Jokic this season is better than Melo ever was and I think there'd be alot of Nuggets fans who would agree with that.

AirTupac
03-23-2019, 12:25 PM
Because theyre the Raptors of the West lol. They'll lose to Utah in 1st round and we'll forget about them (or never remember) again

GoatBoy
03-23-2019, 12:37 PM
Because theyre the Raptors of the West lol. They'll lose to Utah in 1st round and we'll forget about them (or never remember) again
How is this even a relevant comparison? This is the youngest team in the NBA with a core that is growing and getting better together year after year. Even if they do flop this year, the case of them getting over that hump is going to become more real every year. Like was stated earlier, they are at least two years away from being legitimate championship contenders.

AirTupac
03-23-2019, 12:41 PM
How is this even a relevant comparison? This is the youngest team in the NBA with a core that is growing and getting better together year after year. Even if they do flop this year, the case of them getting over that hump is going to become more real every year. Like was stated earlier, they are at least two years away from being legitimate championship contenders.

Buddy I feel sorry for you if you think Denver will ever be legit contenders.....

Stephonit
03-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Jokic looks like the Pillsbury doughboy and does not appeal to an obvious demographic marketing-wise.

FireDavidKahn
03-23-2019, 01:08 PM
It's beyond underrated what he's done this season. If any other superstar was leading there team to that kinda record without another superstar they'd probably be the favorite for the MVP. Giannis absolutely deserves MVP over Jokic, but outside of him and maybe Harden Jokic has a better case than anybody. All the injuries, no other superstar, has had Denver on pace with GS. I just don't think people watch the Denver Nuggets really.

What he's doing at C is insane. I say it every time but he can make every pass a PG can. In transition, kicking it out, out of the post, dribble hands offs, hitting cuts, insane court long outlet passes, directs traffic. No look passes. The fact he's become more aggressive as a scorer and is now putting up 20 points a night makes him an absolute superstar.

Maybe because the Nuggets have zero playoff experience, so everyone knows there odds in the playoffs aren't great and there likely to flop? Still 2 years away.
Is it though? He's constantly been talked about in the 2nd tier of MVP candidates (Harden and Giannis are the only 1st tier) with the likes of Curry, Embiid, George.

I love watching Jokic. One of the most unique players in a very long time. Then you combine that with a coach who runs a system that utilizes a lot of cuts and off ball movement and it's a sight to watch.

Do you think anyone on the current team has a legitimate shot at becoming a second star? By that I mean superstar or just below that. It seems, IMO but I don't watch a ton of Denver games, like Murray and Harris don't really have that potential to become the second best players on a championship team but I'm not sure. Porter could potentially be that but he is a complete unknown.

IDK...it's hard to evaluate since Jokic is just so unique where he seems like he can be the best player on a championship team but doing so in a vastly different way than most teams.

superduper
03-23-2019, 01:09 PM
Jokic is still the man but as 3ball said there's no legit number 2 so the Nuggets hype is dying down as playoffs are approaching. Lets see if we're proven wrong.

And Jokic is pretty marketable tbh with his nonchalant slothness ^

Smoke117
03-23-2019, 01:24 PM
as the playoffs near, people might be realizing that they don't have a real #2 or players with any proven experience

How would you know? You haven't watched basketball in years, remember?

FireDavidKahn
03-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Jokic is still the man but as 3ball said there's no legit number 2 so the Nuggets hype is dying down as playoffs are approaching. Lets see if we're proven wrong.

And Jokic is pretty marketable tbh with his nonchalant slothness ^

But this Nuggets team isn't built using the traditional model. They have one of the most unique and different superstars (and yes Jokic is pretty much oin that tier at this point) that the NBA has seen in a very long time. The Nuggets FO has also done an absolute tremendous job in surrounding him with good, young depth.

Having your team with 2-3 superstars is kinda a tried and true method but when your team from top to bottom has the depth that Denver has along with Jokic seemingly being able to maximize the production of everyone you end up with situations where Denver will always at least have a player on the floor who can exploit the other team.

Contrast that with say Lebron's Heat. If 2 of Lebron, Wade or Bosh didn't play well then there wasn't much depth to pick up the slack (inb4 Allen's shot...I'm talking overall not a couple instances). If Jokic is stinking it up he still can get others involved while kinda being irrelevant on the scoring end. They have Millsap, Harris, Murray, Barton, Beasley plus other solid contributors on the bench.

Instead of other stars they have very good starters/role players who are all around good instead of just specializing in shooting or defense or things like that

NuggetsFan
03-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Is it though? He's constantly been talked about in the 2nd tier of MVP candidates (Harden and Giannis are the only 1st tier) with the likes of Curry, Embiid, George.

I love watching Jokic. One of the most unique players in a very long time. Then you combine that with a coach who runs a system that utilizes a lot of cuts and off ball movement and it's a sight to watch.

Do you think anyone on the current team has a legitimate shot at becoming a second star? By that I mean superstar or just below that. It seems, IMO but I don't watch a ton of Denver games, like Murray and Harris don't really have that potential to become the second best players on a championship team but I'm not sure. Porter could potentially be that but he is a complete unknown.

IDK...it's hard to evaluate since Jokic is just so unique where he seems like he can be the best player on a championship team but doing so in a vastly different way than most teams.

I think it is. He's doing something as a C we haven't seen since Wilt Chamberlain. I think because he's on the Nuggets it's not talked about enough. If he was doing it on a bigger market it'd be a bigger deal, or if he had a bigger individual brand.

I think he's in the first tier of MVP candidates. Nobody predicted the Nuggets to even be a playoff lock, and now they've kept up with GS? Pretty sure we have the most injury games lost or atleast up there. No other All-Star. Jokic leads our team in PPG, APG, RPG, tied for SPG .. as a C. Giannis is 100% the clear MVP but I think Jokic/Harden are together in that 2nd tier. Don't see how he can be grouped in with George, while the Nuggets are better than OKC despite him having no Westbrook and the Nuggets being destroyed by injuries early in the year. Like at one point Jokic was playing without 3 starters :oldlol:

I'd say Murray maybe. Given his age, his current stats, it's certainly possible he becomes a "star". Probably more likely to just be a 20/5/5 guy. MPJ is an unknown, but I've seen some videos and he looks like a freak, and I think he's alot healthier than anybody expected him to be. From everything I've read apparently the surgery's were a big success.

Smoke117
03-23-2019, 01:44 PM
I think it is. He's doing something as a C we haven't seen since Wilt Chamberlain. I think because he's on the Nuggets it's not talked about enough. If he was doing it on a bigger market it'd be a bigger deal, or if he had a bigger individual brand.

I think he's in the first tier of MVP candidates. Nobody predicted the Nuggets to even be a playoff lock, and now they've kept up with GS? Pretty sure we have the most injury games lost or atleast up there. No other All-Star. Jokic leads our team in PPG, APG, RPG, tied for SPG .. as a C. Giannis is 100% the clear MVP but I think Jokic/Harden are together in that 2nd tier. Don't see how he can be grouped in with George, while the Nuggets are better than OKC despite him having no Westbrook and the Nuggets being destroyed by injuries early in the year. Like at one point Jokic was playing without 3 starters :oldlol:

I'd say Murray maybe. Given his age, his current stats, it's certainly possible he becomes a "star". Probably more likely to just be a 20/5/5 guy. MPJ is an unknown, but I've seen some videos and he looks like a freak, and I think he's alot healthier than anybody expected him to be. From everything I've read apparently the surgery's were a big success.

No, it has more to do with the fact that he's not athletic or explosive. Fans care more about that then actual sound impact basketball. If you asked a casual fan who was better between Jokic and Donovan Mitchell the fukking idiots would probably say Mitchell.

NuggetsFan
03-23-2019, 01:44 PM

I actually agree we probably lose in the 1st round this year. It's just the start tho. Look at our roster. Were young as hell. Jokic hasn't even entered his prime, Murray just turned 22 years old, Monte Morris, Malik Beasley, Gary Harris, outside of Millsap this entire roster is built for the future.

We'll probably flame out in the playoffs because we have no experience. Half our team will be rookies come playoff time. Even Jokic as a MVP candidate I'd expect to struggle in his first post season.

Nuggets future is ridiculously bright. We built everything without top 5 picks too.

imdaman99
03-23-2019, 02:04 PM
I actually agree we probably lose in the 1st round this year.
:biggums: how can you be so reserved saying such a thing? You're a top 2 seed. Beat the team you play in the 1st round

NuggetsFan
03-23-2019, 02:13 PM
:biggums: how can you be so reserved saying such a thing? You're a top 2 seed. Beat the team you play in the 1st round

I mean obviously I hope we don't. Look at our roster. Outside of Millsap we have zero playoff experience. Murray, Harris, Monte Morris, Malik Beasley all haven't played in the playoffs. Barton played 11.6 MPG one year as guy that wasn't even fully in the rotation. Jokic has never played in the playoffs before.

The Nuggets are in year 1 of there window right now. It's just starting. We have no business being the 2nd seed. Most didn't even have us as a playoff lock, and at one point this year we were missing 3 starters. Jokic having an MVP caliber season, and a gigantic impact is the only reason were here right now. Which is why he's underrated, because if someone like Towns/Anthony Davis etc. was doing this people would go nuts.

Like even as a Nuggets fan .. I think I'd be a delusional homer to suggest were going to make noise. Even if we do, and we make the WCF or some crazy shit like that it's not something you can really predict right now.

bison
03-23-2019, 02:22 PM
*long excuse for why his team sucks and selling his dudes short by literally apologizing for getting the second seed*

:facepalm

bison
03-23-2019, 02:26 PM
I’m a lakers fan and I’ve been continually gang raped by nba fans for the past 7 or 8 seasons and this NuggetsFan idiot is scared of the playoffs.

NuggetsFan
03-23-2019, 02:33 PM
I’m a lakers fan and I’ve been continually gang raped by nba fans for the past 7 or 8 seasons and this NuggetsFan idiot is scared of the playoffs.

Scared? I mean were talking about watching basketball :oldlol:

Just no fun being a delusional homer all the time. The 10 players that lead the Nuggets in MPG, 7/10 will be in the playoffs for the first time and 1 of the 3 that do have playoff experience was basically a bench warmer the only time he made them. It's just not a good recipe for success in the playoffs. You'd have to be a delusional homer to suggest otherwise, which as you know never ends well.

I hope I'm wrong and we light the playoffs up. I think we can win 1 round depending on the matchup. Regardless it's just the first year in many to come that we'll be having this conversation.

AirTupac
03-23-2019, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=bison]I

NuggetsFan
03-23-2019, 03:04 PM
LMAO so fking true. Denver Fans are generally the biggest cucks.

Lakers couldn't even make the playoffs with LeBron :roll: All the top 5 picks and look where your at, yet the Nuggets didn't even get one and they've left L.A in the dust. You and that other Laker fan are just salty as per usual.

Your the definition of why you shouldn't be a delusional homer. It's been blowing up in your face for over half a decade now brah. You'd think you'd learn by now. L.A fans should take lessons on how to not be insanely biased all the time. How many times have you guys been wrong?

AirTupac
03-23-2019, 03:18 PM
Wait how can a Denver fan talk to a Laker fan about winning? You guys are the biggest cucks in the league and you've proven it by saying "We'll probably lose in 1st round" stfu already lmao. You are ugly as hell

NuggetsFan
03-23-2019, 03:27 PM
Wait how can a Denver fan talk to a Laker fan about winning? You guys are the biggest cucks in the league and you've proven it by saying "We'll probably lose in 1st round" stfu already lmao. You are ugly as hell

lmao for the last half of the decade you've predicted the Lakers to be better than the Nuggets and it hasn't happened ONCE. Now your missing the playoffs yet again. Keep living in the past tho, guess it's all you have.

Nuggets are going to be competitive for the next 5+ years with our core. Just not going to go full Laker fan and be a delusional homer this season. I seen how it worked out for you guys. You act biased as shit and it blows up in your face :oldlol:

elementally morale
03-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Scared? I mean were talking about watching basketball :oldlol:

Just no fun being a delusional homer all the time. The 10 players that lead the Nuggets in MPG, 7/10 will be in the playoffs for the first time and 1 of the 3 that do have playoff experience was basically a bench warmer the only time he made them. It's just not a good recipe for success in the playoffs. You'd have to be a delusional homer to suggest otherwise, which as you know never ends well.

I hope I'm wrong and we light the playoffs up. I think we can win 1 round depending on the matchup. Regardless it's just the first year in many to come that we'll be having this conversation.

Keep up the good work. You post good stuff.

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 11:55 PM

What the hell does that have to do with MVP? Are you seriously this disconnected with the context of a single, simplified conversation?

FKAri
03-24-2019, 12:10 AM
It hurts AirTupac soooo much that NuggetsFan won in the end :oldlol:

NugzFan
03-24-2019, 12:29 AM

He

NugzFan
03-24-2019, 12:32 AM
lmao for the last half of the decade you've predicted the Lakers to be better than the Nuggets and it hasn't happened ONCE. Now your missing the playoffs yet again. Keep living in the past tho, guess it's all you have.

Nuggets are going to be competitive for the next 5+ years with our core. Just not going to go full Laker fan and be a delusional homer this season. I seen how it worked out for you guys. You act biased as shit and it blows up in your face :oldlol:

Just too easy.

Mr.GOAT2408
03-24-2019, 03:04 AM
I like watching him play, he's one of the best passing bigs I've seen and he plays a very pleasing brand of basketball

I have my doubts but he's still young

Jon Salley's 10
03-24-2019, 02:17 PM
Greatest passing big man season ever :applause: . That Wilt season was full of statpadding. Expecting Jokic to average a triple double next season.

JohnnySic
03-24-2019, 04:47 PM
Jokic has that Tim Duncan thing going. Extremely effective, but not flashy, so casual fans dont care about him.

LeCola
03-24-2019, 05:09 PM

Only 9-11 matches left but there are only 8 games difference between 1st and 8th in West. It is 18 in East.

If they match with Clippers, they would be top dogs before the round. But, not sure about possible match ups with OKC, Spurs and Jazz.

https://i.ibb.co/zf3GCQz/standings.png

eliteballer
03-24-2019, 08:07 PM
Like everyone else he has to prove it in the playoffs.

AlternativeAcc.
03-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Like everyone else he has to prove it in the playoffs.
So does Giannis yet ESPN all over his pencil dick

The reality is, the media and NBA is racist against whites and never give them due credit in basketball. Period.

eliteballer
03-24-2019, 08:12 PM
So does Giannis yet ESPN all over his pencil dick

The reality is, the media and NBA is racist against whites and never give them due credit in basketball. Period.

Which white guy besides Dirk has led a team to a title in the last 30 years?

AlternativeAcc.
03-24-2019, 08:18 PM
Which white guy besides Dirk has led a team to a title in the last 30 years?
Pau in 2010

without his elite defense on KG and efficient scoring, the Lakers don't stand a chance

He was robbed of FMVP due to media narrative