PDA

View Full Version : Nikola Jokic or Carmelo Anthony

CurryOverLebron
03-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Inspired by this post http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13642925&postcount=7

Smoke117
03-23-2019, 03:43 PM
He's right. Carmelo never had close to an impact like Jokic has this season. Carmelo, generally, is one of the most overrated players over the last 20 years because a lot of people don't really know anything about basketball and just look at PPGZ and think that means said player is some high impact player.

PeroAntic
03-23-2019, 04:55 PM
He's right. Carmelo never had close to an impact like Jokic has this season. Carmelo, generally, is one of the most overrated players over the last 20 years because a lot of people don't really know anything about basketball and just look at PPGZ and think that means said player is some high impact player.
Its not ppgz you idiot. People love Melo because he is one of the most graceful players to play the game. The way he shoots, dribbles and generally does everything on the court is smoother than anyone. Aesthetics matters.

Smook A.
03-23-2019, 05:07 PM
Its not ppgz you idiot. People love Melo because he is one of the most graceful players to play the game. The way he shoots, dribbles and generally does everything on the court is smoother than anyone. Aesthetics matters.
Aesthetics don't mean a thing when determining who the better player is. It's all about their impact on the court

That being said, Jokic this season > Any version of Melo

PeroAntic
03-23-2019, 05:09 PM
Aesthetics don't mean a thing when determining who the better player is. It's all about their impact on the court

When two players are similarly good, aesthetics is the tie breaker

Smoke117
03-23-2019, 05:10 PM

The sad thing about PeroAntic is he isn't a troll. He actually believes the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth.

Smook A.
03-23-2019, 05:11 PM
The sad thing about PeroAntic is he isn't a troll. He actually believes the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth.
He has some of the worst takes I've ever seen on this board

Smook A.
03-23-2019, 05:12 PM
When two players are similarly good, aesthetics is the tie breaker
They're not similarly good. Jokic is better

Mr.GOAT2408
03-23-2019, 05:42 PM
Yeah Jokic now is better than any version of Melo although not by too much, will be interesting seeing how he performs in the playoffs as that may change my view. Not like Melo did much in the playoffs but he was a big part of the Nuggets being perennial playoff teams during his time there

Needs to reach the WCF and some more similar seasons for me to really consider him the best player in Nuggets history though

game3524
03-23-2019, 05:45 PM
Ask me again after the playoffs.

PeroAntic
03-23-2019, 06:02 PM
They're not similarly good. Jokic is better
I didn't say Melo was better than Jokic. Its a retarded comparison of two players in completely different roles and skillsets and eras. I just explained to the idiot who thinks people like Melo because of the ppgz that there are other reasons beyond that. But what would philistines like you know about them