PDA

View Full Version : now that lebrons officially missed the playoffs these are my new top 25 rankings

kennethgriffen
03-23-2019, 05:22 PM
https://i.ibb.co/7GYL8rh/Screen-Shot-2019-03-23-at-5-19-53-PM.png

#1 Kobe Bryant ( lebron only made kobes accomplishments out west look twice as impressive, only ATG in history to win multiple titles without a top 70 all time sidekick, faced and beat the most competition/most 50+ win teams eliminated in history, more skilled than MJ, way better defender than magic, 2 more rings than bird, more offensive power than russell, didn't need a 2nd superstar like kareem, proved himself without shaq and shaq never proved himself without kobe, accomplished more than hakeem in just his time since shaq left, has a winning finals record unlike wilt. simply put... the most jaw dropping difficult shot making ultra skilled fundamental play station mentality supreme being that has ever touched a basketball. would easly drop 100 in todays nba.

#2 Michael Jordan ( basically kobe but with less range, less counters, less drive to push himself to the limit, more efficient than kobe only because he had limitations that forced him to attack more. only averaged more points because he had a team catered to him his entire career. plus he had intermittent breaks to heal/recharge )

#3 Kareem Abdul Jabbar ( great longevity, great defender, unstoppable go to move

#4 Bill Russell ( great leader, great winner, great defender )

#5 Tim Duncan ( great teammate, great defender, fundamental )

#6 Magic Johnson ( great leader and passer )

#7 Larry Bird ( great shooter and passer )

#8 Shaquille O'neal ( great peak )

#9 Hakeem Olajuwon ( great run in 94 )

#10 Wilt Chamberlain ( dominant scorer and shot blocker )

#11 Kevin Durant ( nearly as skilled as kobe. possible goat candidate for the future if he demands a tougher path and succeeds like kobe did )

#12 Oscar Robertson ( slightly overrated but still a pioneer )

#13 Jerry West ( way ahead of his time with the mid range game )

#14 Moses Malone ( great opportunist, very effective against kareem )

#15 Julius Erving ( the jordan of the ABA )

#16 George Mikan ( the first great big man )

#17 Dirk Nowitzki ( should be a 2 time champion and 2 time finals mvp )

#18 Kevin Garnett ( great all around big man and defensive anchor )

#19 David Robinson ( ditto )

#20 Bob Pettit ( a pioneer at the low post position )

#21 John Havlicek ( a forgotten man among all time discussions )

#22 Karl Malone ( slightly overrated )

#23 Charles Barkley ( insanely overrated, didn't give a damn and it showed defensively. but hella skilled and effective offensively. great rebounder too )

#24 Elgin Baylor ( a complete waste of life. but a pioneer at the forward position )

#25 Isiah Thomas ( very underrated. the real 1988 finals mvp and nba champion. completely robbed by a bogus call )

highwhey
03-23-2019, 05:30 PM
thought we were going to have a fakkit free weekend, guess OP had other plans https://i.postimg.cc/c4gCjvp0/0ac69bbb67ab5ccc70a38e8820d9ed9d.png

G0ATbe
03-23-2019, 05:40 PM
https://disqus.com/by/disqus_Re964DUbIN/

Never forget

Mr.GOAT2408
03-23-2019, 05:40 PM
A few disagreements but overall solid list :applause:

Dr Hawk
03-23-2019, 05:45 PM
Jordan, Dirk and Olajuwon too low.

Spurs m8
03-23-2019, 05:47 PM
Wait....people actually have Kobe at Number 1? Lol wut

I dont care about the Kobe > Bron argument or anything like that....but number 1?

Hold on a sec....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

3ball
03-23-2019, 05:49 PM
Other than the top 2 spots

I concur

But don't forget that no perimeter player was ever required to be the league's top scorer to win except MJ, so the bulls weren't "ideally built".. it isn't "ideal" that MJ had to average 4-5 more points than everyone in history to win, and be the league's top scorer to win (biggest burden there is)

The only guys that had to be the league's top scorer to win was Kareem and Shaq once each in their peak seasons of 71' and 00'... And MJ all 6 times - so Shaq/KAJ's peak burden was mj's standard burden... Again, not "ideal" at all

But again, I concur with the rest of the rankings although I might have bird around 3

Smoke117
03-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Other than the top 2 spots

I concur

But don't forget that no perimeter player was ever required to be the league's top scorer to win except MJ, so the bulls weren't "ideally built".. it isn't "ideal" that MJ had to average 4-5 more points than everyone in history to win, and be the league's top scorer to win

The only guys that had to be the league's top scorer to win was Kareem and Shaq once each in their peak seasons of 71' and 00'... And MJ all 6 times - so Shaq/KAJ's peak burden was mj's standard burden... Again, not "ideal" at all

But again, I concur with the rest of the rankings although I might have bird around 3

You shouldn't let your bias make you a complete retard. Nobody respects your opinion or takes you seriously anyway, but you just look like a silly moron if you are seriously trying to say LeBron isn't a top 25 player of all time.

Manny98
03-23-2019, 05:53 PM
LeBron is not top 25 now?

lol ok if you say so :rolleyes:

CurryOverLebron
03-23-2019, 05:59 PM
curry is in my top 25

kennethgriffen
03-23-2019, 06:01 PM

every player i mentioned would be able to lead their team to the playoffs coming back 1 game out of the 8 seed and facing absolute dog shit teams. only lebron gets steam rolled by bottom feeders with their careers/legacies on the line

kobe literally tore his leg in half doing it. he knew he couldn't miss the playoffs in 2013. it was within striking distance. they had problems but not nearly as many as 2005. that year was a write off. but in 2013 the lakers just had to play well in the 2nd half of the season to make it happen. kobe took an injured dysfunctional group on his back and dragged them into the playoffs. lebron thought making rap music and movies was more important

3ball
03-23-2019, 06:07 PM
You shouldn't let your bias make you a complete retard. Nobody respects your opinion or takes you seriously anyway, but you just look like a silly moron if you are seriously trying to say LeBron isn't a top 25 player of all time.
Lebron played in a competitively flawed environment where a guy can make the Finals in one conference, and then miss the playoffs in the other conference despite a better cast and the same personal stats

This is now a historical fact.. :confusedshrug:

And when you consider that he probably has zero rings if he doesn't team-hop or played in the West his whole career, I believe you can make an argument that he's not top 25... He has great stats, but those stats and style result in horrible team play that can only win with 2 other stars.. sorry, but other guys are better than that.. give prime dirk or KG a couple all-pro teammates for 8 years of their prime and they'd have more than 3 rings

So looking at it this way, you can make the case he's not top 25.. his team-hopping, weak conference (Finals record), suboptimal style, and weak jumpshot/clutch doom him..

Ben Simmons 25
03-23-2019, 06:45 PM
thought we were going to have a fakkit free weekend, guess OP had other plans https://i.postimg.cc/c4gCjvp0/0ac69bbb67ab5ccc70a38e8820d9ed9d.png

:roll: :roll:

https://i.postimg.cc/NMwjkYGh/1551027246763.gif

PickernRoller
03-23-2019, 06:50 PM
1 - Jordan
2 - Kareem
3 - Russell
4 - Kobe
5 - Magic
6 - Bird
7 - Duncan
8 - Hakeem
9 - Shaq
10 - Wilt
11 - Moses
12 - Dr. J
13 - Jerry
14 - Lebron
15 - KD/Curry (if 3-peat this year move one spot).

The Iron Fist
03-23-2019, 10:52 PM
Kobe #1?:facepalm

Gtfoh. Didnt even read the rest.

The Iron Fist
03-23-2019, 10:54 PM

Six finals losses hurts a career.

hold this L
03-23-2019, 10:58 PM
Whenever I think keneth can't be any dumber, dude always manages to surprise me. Kobe #1?

:lol

hold this L
03-23-2019, 10:59 PM
https://disqus.com/by/disqus_Re964DUbIN/

Never forget
So he's a racist on top of being dumb as rocks?

Mask the Embiid
03-23-2019, 11:07 PM
https://i.ibb.co/7GYL8rh/Screen-Shot-2019-03-23-at-5-19-53-PM.png

#1 Kobe Bryant ( lebron only made kobes accomplishments out west look twice as impressive, only ATG in history to win multiple titles without a top 70 all time sidekick, faced and beat the most competition/most 50+ win teams eliminated in history, more skilled than MJ, way better defender than magic, 2 more rings than bird, more offensive power than russell, didn't need a 2nd superstar like kareem, proved himself without shaq and shaq never proved himself without kobe, accomplished more than hakeem in just his time since shaq left, has a winning finals record unlike wilt. simply put... the most jaw dropping difficult shot making ultra skilled fundamental play station mentality supreme being that has ever touched a basketball. would easly drop 100 in todays nba.

#2 Michael Jordan ( basically kobe but with less range, less counters, less drive to push himself to the limit, more efficient than kobe only because he had limitations that forced him to attack more. only averaged more points because he had a team catered to him his entire career. plus he had intermittent breaks to heal/recharge )

#3 Kareem Abdul Jabbar ( great longevity, great defender, unstoppable go to move

#4 Bill Russell ( great leader, great winner, great defender )

#5 Tim Duncan ( great teammate, great defender, fundamental )

#6 Magic Johnson ( great leader and passer )

#7 Larry Bird ( great shooter and passer )

#8 Shaquille O'neal ( great peak )

#9 Hakeem Olajuwon ( great run in 94 )

#10 Wilt Chamberlain ( dominant scorer and shot blocker )

#11 Kevin Durant ( nearly as skilled as kobe. possible goat candidate for the future if he demands a tougher path and succeeds like kobe did )

#12 Oscar Robertson ( slightly overrated but still a pioneer )

#13 Jerry West ( way ahead of his time with the mid range game )

#14 Moses Malone ( great opportunist, very effective against kareem )

#15 Julius Erving ( the jordan of the ABA )

#16 George Mikan ( the first great big man )

#17 Dirk Nowitzki ( should be a 2 time champion and 2 time finals mvp )

#18 Kevin Garnett ( great all around big man and defensive anchor )

#19 David Robinson ( ditto )

#20 Bob Pettit ( a pioneer at the low post position )

#21 John Havlicek ( a forgotten man among all time discussions )

#22 Karl Malone ( slightly overrated )

#23 Charles Barkley ( insanely overrated, didn't give a damn and it showed defensively. but hella skilled and effective offensively. great rebounder too )

#24 Elgin Baylor ( a complete waste of life. but a pioneer at the forward position )

#25 Isiah Thomas ( very underrated. the real 1988 finals mvp and nba champion. completely robbed by a bogus call )
Didnt even make it a week :oldlol:

3ball
03-23-2019, 11:10 PM
Lebron played in a competitively flawed environment where a guy can make the Finals in one conference, and then miss the playoffs in the other conference despite a better cast and the same personal stats

This is now a historical fact.. :confusedshrug:

And when you consider that he probably has zero rings if he doesn't team-hop or played in the West his whole career, I believe you can make an argument that he's not top 25... He has great stats, but those stats and style result in horrible team play that can only win with 2 other stars.. sorry, but other guys are better than that.. give prime dirk or KG a couple all-pro teammates for 8 years of their prime and they'd have more than 3 rings

So looking at it this way, you can make the case he's not top 25.. his team-hopping, weak conference (Finals record), suboptimal style, and weak jumpshot/clutch doom him..

Smoke117 must've went away and cried or something.. haven't seen him after this response

Vino24
03-23-2019, 11:19 PM
if LeBrautwurst isn't top 25 why is this forum dedicated to him?

sdot_thadon
03-23-2019, 11:27 PM
every player i mentioned would be able to lead their team to the playoffs coming back 1 game out of the 8 seed and facing absolute dog shit teams. only lebron gets steam rolled by bottom feeders with their careers/legacies on the line

kobe literally tore his leg in half doing it. he knew he couldn't miss the playoffs in 2013. it was within striking distance. they had problems but not nearly as many as 2005. that year was a write off. but in 2013 the lakers just had to play well in the 2nd half of the season to make it happen. kobe took an injured dysfunctional group on his back and dragged them into the playoffs. lebron thought making rap music and movies was more important
Wait a minute. You seriously think Lebron's career or legacy is on the line because he's failed in his 16th season?:oldlol: His legacy was pretty much cemented a few years back. It's over, time to move on. I get it Kobe fanatics have to get excited over any sliver of hope they get, but he's been better than Kobe for a long time now. Put that to bed.

And i can't even engage you on a list that has Kobe in the top 5 let alone top 2.:no:

CurryOverLebron
03-23-2019, 11:31 PM
Kobe being #1 is not crazy. He has better balance, coordination, lateral agility than Jordan which allows him to be superior 1 on 1 player and defender.

Smoke117
03-23-2019, 11:40 PM
Smoke117 must've went away and cried or something.. haven't seen him after this response

Just wasn't going to give stupidity anymore time. I don't even like LeBron...as I've said MANY MANY MANY TIMES. You are just a moron.

FKAri
03-23-2019, 11:40 PM
more efficient than kobe only because he had limitations that forced him to attack more.

:roll: :roll: :applause:

3ball
03-23-2019, 11:48 PM
Just wasn't going to give stupidity anymore time. I don't even like LeBron...as I've said MANY MANY MANY TIMES. You are just a moron.
The truth about lebron hurts, I know

But I've been warning you for years that he'd have zero rings if he was in the west....

Turns out I was wrong.... :facepalm ...He can't even make the playoffs!!... :yaohappy:.. (it's too easy)

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 11:49 PM
Was this the top 25 most overrated list? If so, good job :applause:

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 11:51 PM
Didnt even make it a week :oldlol:

You called it

Kenny: Im never coming back!!!1! :rant

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-2Z0Y3Kk8nU/maxresdefault.jpg

Alright so here's my top 25 most overrated list:

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 11:53 PM
if 3ball really thinks MJ is 1 and Kobe is 2 then what this really means is the gap between LBJ #1 and MJ #2 is even greater than I imagined.

Bron blows Kobe away, in everything. But if 3ball thinks Kobe and Jordan are close then maybe it is time to start dropping MJ out of the top 5.

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 11:54 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I legit died laughing at this post. Nice work :applause:

Elosha
03-24-2019, 12:35 AM
You know, the Simon alts (whether they are just one poster or not, it's a good short hand way to refer to them) do post drivel practically every day, but half of it's just trolling to make a (stupid) point.

But I cannot believe any knowledgeable fan of basketball would believe LeBron James is not easily top 25. I don't care what type of "sh*t argument you want to make, there's no way he's not top 25. The man won 3 championships, including being the best player in defeating the 73 win GS Warriors. He's the all time playoff points leader, 4 time MVP, 5th all time in RS points, with a very solid chance of catching Kareem. He's been Finals MVP three times. His offensive stats are still incredible at the age of 34.

Yeah, yeah, I could write another 10 paragraphs as to why all these accomplishments should be taken with a healthy grain of salt, but that would be necessary ONLY if this conversation was about whether LeBron is GOAT -- which it is not. This thread is about the ridiculous notion that LeBron is not top 25, which is utterly insane.

Kenny & 3 Ball, I don't always agree with everything you say or the way you say it, but I often do agree with your overall sentiments, and, more importantly, I consider you both knowledgeable basketball fans. So why on earth are you taking this utterly dubious (and that's being very kind) position? No knowledgeable fan, coach, player, or commentator in their right mind would argue LeBron isn't top 25. Me, I've got him somewhere between 5-10.

You can dislike LeBron's playing style and results, hell you can even hate it. But you can't deny a certain level of greatness when it's in front of your eyes. LeBron's not GOAT, but he's an ATG. Can't you just acknowledge that simple fact??? :confusedshrug:

MoBe1Kanobi
03-24-2019, 02:42 AM
Agreed, great list. My only disagreement is with TD being too high.

TheCorporation
03-24-2019, 02:44 AM
Agreed, great list. My only disagreement is with TD being too high.

Another Kenny alt

You and the obvious MrGoat 2408

Thanks for the confirmation :rockon:

MrFonzworth
03-24-2019, 03:54 AM
Another Kenny alt

You and the obvious MrGoat 2408

Thanks for the confirmation :rockon:
Only thing confirmed itt is you're a loser and your parents are severely disappointed that their once lovable son has transformed into a basement goblin that reeks of piss.

SpaceJam
03-24-2019, 03:56 AM
Only thing confirmed itt is you're a loser and your parents are severely disappointed that their once lovable son has transformed into a basement goblin that reeks of piss.

You smelt him?

MrFonzworth
03-24-2019, 04:01 AM
You smelt him?
FBI raided his house because they thought Mr and Mrs Wheels were running a meth lab. They had no idea that it was just the natural scent of their 33 year old son.

sportjames23
03-24-2019, 04:06 AM
Kobe being #1 is not crazy. He has better balance, coordination, lateral agility than Jordan which allows him to be superior 1 on 1 player and defender.

34-24 Footwork
03-24-2019, 05:18 AM

Lol. What in the actual f.u.c.k.

egokiller
03-24-2019, 07:02 AM
Imagine being a prisoner of the moment LeBron stan and thinking that 6 finals losses can keep you in the top 10 when you only have 3 rings and 2 of them were a result of Kyrie and Ray Allen.

10 years from now the media won't even have LeBron in the top 10.

pauk
03-24-2019, 11:10 AM
So if he made the playoffs he would remain in your top 25? lol

Damn, didnt know you get striped of all your accolades/achievements/milestones etc. etc... for missing the playoffs, especialy not while doing that with scrubs in your 16th season fighting injury & missing many games...

So where does that put Kobe then who missed more playoffs, including 1 in his highest peak prime.... #1? lol

SpaceJam2
03-24-2019, 11:14 AM
So if he made the playoffs he would remain in your top 25? lol

Damn, didnt know you get striped of all your accolades/achievements/milestones etc. etc... for missing the playoffs, especialy not while doing that with scrubs in your 16th season fighting injury & missing many games...

So where does that put Kobe then who missed more playoffs, including 1 in his highest peak prime.... #1? lol

The list makes no sense at all, especially if we have Kobe at #1 who, as you mentioned above, missed the playoffs in his pure prime. LeBron is at the end of his prime and even though he suffered some injuries and is not 100% I still think he should have made the playoffs. Does that drop him out of top 3 contention, of course not. But he does need to acquire more talent this off season to catch up with the league. Just about every team but the Lakers have found way to improve. Meanwhile Magic and Palinka are playing catch up, and very badly playing catch up I might add.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-24-2019, 01:11 PM
You know, the Simon alts (whether they are just one poster or not, it's a good short hand way to refer to them) do post drivel practically every day, but half of it's just trolling to make a (stupid) point.

But I cannot believe any knowledgeable fan of basketball would believe LeBron James is not easily top 25. I don't care what type of "sh*t argument you want to make, there's no way he's not top 25. The man won 3 championships, including being the best player in defeating the 73 win GS Warriors. He's the all time playoff points leader, 4 time MVP, 5th all time in RS points, with a very solid chance of catching Kareem. He's been Finals MVP three times. His offensive stats are still incredible at the age of 34.

Yeah, yeah, I could write another 10 paragraphs as to why all these accomplishments should be taken with a healthy grain of salt, but that would be necessary ONLY if this conversation was about whether LeBron is GOAT -- which it is not. This thread is about the ridiculous notion that LeBron is not top 25, which is utterly insane.

Kenny & 3 Ball, I don't always agree with everything you say or the way you say it, but I often do agree with your overall sentiments, and, more importantly, I consider you both knowledgeable basketball fans. So why on earth are you taking this utterly dubious (and that's being very kind) position? No knowledgeable fan, coach, player, or commentator in their right mind would argue LeBron isn't top 25. Me, I've got him somewhere between 5-10.

You can dislike LeBron's playing style and results, hell you can even hate it. But you can't deny a certain level of greatness when it's in front of your eyes. LeBron's not GOAT, but he's an ATG. Can't you just acknowledge that simple fact??? :confusedshrug:

Good post.

Most have Lebron just outside the Top 3. Others put him in the 7-10 range with Kobe, Duncan and Shaq (which is fine).

Acting like he's KG/Pippen/Wade/Dirk caliber isn't an insult. Its just wrong.

But that's ISH.

Peeps get lost in the troll game, and will say anything :oldlol:

Smoke117
03-24-2019, 01:13 PM
Good post.

Most have Lebron just outside the Top 3. Others put him in the 7-10 range with Kobe, Duncan and Shaq (which is fine).

Acting like he's KG/Pippen/Wade/Dirk caliber isn't an insult. Its just wrong.

But that's ISH.

Peeps get lost in the troll game, and will say anything :oldlol:

You what mate? If Wade's body had held up he'd have been top 10. KG is easily top 20. Dirk is also easily top 20, Pippen is top 30.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-24-2019, 01:17 PM
You what mate? If Wade's body had held up he'd have been top 10. KG is easily top 20. Dirk is also easily top 20, Pippen is top 30.

Yeah.

"IF" being the operative word.

We're talking about careers though. Objectively Lebron has been greater.

Smoke117
03-24-2019, 01:18 PM
Yeah.

"IF" being the operative word.

We're talking about careers though. Objectively Lebron has been greater.

I thought you hate LeBron, though? He's not even top 10, right?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-24-2019, 01:23 PM
I thought you hate LeBron, though? He's not even top 10, right?

I don't hate Lebron.

Or anyone I've never interacted with :oldlol:

Lebron's fanbase is among the worst. And I couldn't care less about him as a person. That aside? He's a Top 10 NBA player of all time.

Manny98
03-24-2019, 01:32 PM

Your such a clown

FKAri
03-24-2019, 01:43 PM
I don't hate Lebron.

Or anyone I've never interacted with :oldlol:

Lebron's fanbase is among the worst. And I couldn't care less about him as a person. That aside? He's a Top 10 NBA player of all time.
Funny as I feel the same way about Kobe. I think he has the worst fanbase in basketball. Maybe it's just Laker fans. :oldlol:

LeCola
03-24-2019, 07:24 PM
Ok, let me write my top 20 list:

1 - M. Jordan
2 - Kareem
3 - Bird
4 - Magic
5 - Hakeem
6 - Duncan
7 - Bill Russell
8 - Shaq
9 - Wilt Chamberlain
10 - Isiah Thomas
11 - Kobe
12 - Durant
13 - Lebron
14 - Moses Malone
15 - Havlicek
16 - Dirk
17- Curry
18 - Erving
19 - Wade
20 - K. Malone

Celtics 1825
03-24-2019, 07:59 PM
Look I know Kenny trolls a lot but... You can't tell me this list is his real, honest opinions right? :biggums: :biggums:

TheCorporation
03-24-2019, 08:29 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/PrVgMtDj/20190324-143351.jpg

plowking
03-24-2019, 08:47 PM
Kenny, did you factor in Kobe missing playoffs the season after Shaq left?

Might have to drop him out of your top 25. This happened in Kobe's prime, not when he was 34. He also played more games than Bron, so more responsible for the demise. All this with Caron Butler and Odom...

Would like an updated list considering all this please.

3ball
03-24-2019, 09:18 PM
Kenny, did you factor in Kobe missing playoffs the season after Shaq left?

The difference is that lebron's missed playoffs invalidates his prior accomplishments

This is now a historical fact..

And it confirms that he probably has zero rings if he doesn't team-hop or played in the West his whole career.. this is now the common thinking, hence his all-time ranking cratering..

egokiller
03-24-2019, 10:11 PM
The difference is that lebron's missed playoffs invalidates his prior accomplishments

This is now a historical fact..

And it confirms that he probably has zero rings if he doesn't team-hop or played in the West his whole career.. this is now the common thinking, hence his all-time ranking cratering..

It really does drop him out of the top 10 when you take all the facts into account. :applause:

And people were saying this fraud was better than Bird? GTFO....