PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty pissed that Durant and Curry teamed up in hindsight, TBH

Ben Simmons 25
03-23-2019, 06:55 PM
Not for the obvious reasons... but because...

We never really got to see how great these two guys would have been had they played their entire careers separately... especially Steph. We kinda knew who Durant was...

Steph was in the middle of peaking and he self cucked for a minimum of 3 years. Pretty disappointing tbh.

He'd probably be the runaway MVP candidate for the past 3 years if it weren't for Durant. Instead we just get three consecutive years of someone other than the best player winning it... again... as is usual I suppose. Trash ass award.

I mean, if Steph had maintained that level of play without Durant in the picture and won 4+ titles, we're talking about the dude arguably going down as top 10 all time. Now that seems like a stretch, even with 4+ titles.

The Warriors could have fleshed out their depth and probably been better overall long term had they never signed Durant... not that I'm saying they shouldn't have done it, but it's possible they were more set up for even longer term success without him.

Ah well.

PickernRoller
03-23-2019, 06:59 PM
After what Silver pulled in 16' desperate measures had to be taken.

Reason why you'll never see me blame them for it... not in any of the threads that have been made about it. Action-Reaction.

Sure it's a shortcut and the rings are valued within that context vs. other greats but if the league stacks the deck 5 (- 1) vs. 8 .... on National TV, in the Finals, with no shred of decency or care... **** THE LEAGUE!

Ben Simmons 25
03-23-2019, 07:02 PM
After what Silver pulled in 16' desperate measures had to be taken.

Reason why you'll never see me blame them for it... not in any of the threads that have been made about it. Action-Reaction.

Sure it's a shortcut and the rings are valued within that context vs. other greats but if the league stacks the deck 5 (- 1) vs. 8 .... on National TV, in the Finals, with no shred of decency or care... **** THE LEAGUE!

If Draymond Green wasn't emotionally retarded, his greatest strength and greatest weakness, and if he wasn't playing dirty by repeatedly hitting Steven Adams in the balls, it never would have happened.

As much as I tend to agree that they wouldn't have suspended him if the Warriors weren't up 3 games to 1, at the end of the day, you've got to own your actions.

He should have been suspended earlier in the postseason. But it is what it is. You can't really blame Silver for Green's emotional instability.

FreezingTsmoove
03-23-2019, 07:04 PM
We missed out on an all time great rivalry between OKC and the Warriors. I will always remember the excitement that these two created when they played... I have a ton of friends who dont give 2 shits about basketball anymore who were tuned every game when the Warriors and Thunder played... It was always a big event

Ben Simmons 25
03-23-2019, 07:14 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l1WY3n9WEWRkIsbutt/giphy.gif

TheCorporation
03-23-2019, 07:23 PM
If Draymond Green wasn't emotionally retarded, his greatest strength and greatest weakness, and if he wasn't playing dirty by repeatedly hitting Steven Adams in the balls, it never would have happened.

As much as I tend to agree that they wouldn't have suspended him if the Warriors weren't up 3 games to 1, at the end of the day, you've got to own your actions.

He should have been suspended earlier in the postseason. But it is what it is. You can't really blame Silver for Green's emotional instability.

Exactly. Was it a bit odd to suspend someone for a Finals game? Yes, it's not ordinary.

However, given the context of already getting away with it against Steven Adams AND being the Warriors 4th or 5th best player, it wasn't a stretch. Had the league suspended Curry that would have been different, but then again Curry isn't an emotional lesbian like Dray.

At the end of the day Draymond came back into play for game 6 and as I've tried to inform peoople numerous times about Game 6 of the 2016 Finals

It was the GREATEST Finals performance in the history of the NBA.
Literally the #1 ranked GmScore in the Finals, EVER

41-11-8-4-3 with 1 turnover on 60% FG and 50% 3P

I know some of yall hate him, but give credit where credit is due...Jesus

warriorfan
03-23-2019, 07:38 PM
Not for the obvious reasons... but because...

We never really got to see how great these two guys would have been had they played their entire careers separately... especially Steph. We kinda knew who Durant was...

Steph was in the middle of peaking and he self cucked for a minimum of 3 years. Pretty disappointing tbh.

He'd probably be the runaway MVP candidate for the past 3 years if it weren't for Durant. Instead we just get three consecutive years of someone other than the best player winning it... again... as is usual I suppose. Trash ass award.

I mean, if Steph had maintained that level of play without Durant in the picture and won 4+ titles, we're talking about the dude arguably going down as top 10 all time. Now that seems like a stretch, even with 4+ titles.

The Warriors could have fleshed out their depth and probably been better overall long term had they never signed Durant... not that I'm saying they shouldn't have done it, but it's possible they were more set up for even longer term success without him.

Ah well.

Tbh I totally feel the same way. They could have done it without Durant. But we have to remeber this is playing for keeps, there is no