PDA

View Full Version : LeBron was a better Finals performer than MJ, will we ever see anyone greater?

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 01:48 AM
Jordan vs LeBron: Peak vs peak Finals run

1991 Jordan
31.2 ppg ... 6.6 rpg ... 11.4 apg ... 3.6 tov ... 2.8 spg ... 1.4 bpg ... 125 ortg ... 61.2 TS ... 29.4 GmSc ... Usage ... 31.9

2018 LeBron
33.6 ppg ... 12.0 rpg ... 10.0 apg ... 4.2 tov ... 1.4 spg ... 1.0 bpg ... 126 Ortg ... 63% TS ... 29.6 GmSc ... Usage 31.6

Recap:

LBJ leads in: points, rebounds, ORtg, TS%, GmSc, Usage
MJ leads in: assists, steals, blocks

So we've established LeBron is a better defender, we've established he had a better regular season peak (by a small margin), we've established he has the #1 ranked Finals game (Game 6, 2016) and the #2 ranked Finals game (Game 1, 2018), and the #1 ranked 3-game Finals stretch (2016, games 5, 6, 7) and now established he even had a better Finals run, too?

Dray n Klay
03-26-2019, 01:52 AM
:applause: :banana: :banana:

Jordan's 4 rebounds and 2 assists bullshit doesnt cut it here

SpaceJam
03-26-2019, 01:55 AM
My guy if you keep posting this heat we are gonna have to trade accounts! :eek:

Bawkish
03-26-2019, 02:02 AM

1991 Jordan
31.2 ppg ... 6.6 rpg ... 11.4 apg ... 3.6 tov ... 2.8 spg ... 1.4 bpg ... 125 ortg ... 61.2 TS ... 29.4 GmSc ... Usage ... 31.9

2018 LeBron
33.6 ppg ... 12.0 rpg ... 10.0 apg ... 4.2 tov ... 1.4 spg ... 1.0 bpg ... 126 Ortg ... 63% TS ... 29.6 GmSc ... Usage 31.6

Recap:

So we've established LeBron is a better defender, we've established he had a better regular season peak (by a small margin), we've established he has the #1 ranked Finals game (Game 6, 2016) and the #2 ranked Finals game (Game 1, 2018), and the #1 ranked 3-game Finals stretch (2016, games 5, 6, 7) and now established he even had a better Finals run, too?

1991 MJ: Bulls won 4-1
2018 Cabron: got DP'ed by KD & Curry :lol

SpaceJam
03-26-2019, 02:05 AM
Bron would KILL to face a team in the finals that has Vlade Divac as their 3rd leading scorer, what a privilege

paksat
03-26-2019, 02:13 AM
these threads get so old, I wish people just ignore them and quit posting in them.

you dorks can try and prop up l39ron all you want, but he ain't even close to MJ

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 02:14 AM
My guy if you keep posting this heat we are gonna have to trade accounts! :eek:

Funny thing is, 3ball kept propping up MJ's 91 run and comparing it to 2016 Bron which made me realize hey wait buddy...2018 was his best run. He wont be coming into this thread.

3ball upon this thread being created:

http://i66.tinypic.com/34y1e6t.png

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 02:16 AM
1991 MJ: Bulls won 4-1
2018 Cabron: got DP'ed by KD & Curry :lol

So, you seem like a bright enough guy (I hope) so what does that tell you then if LeBron put on the greatest Finals run but was unable to win? Was it

a) LeBron underperformed
b) His opponents were too good
c) His teammates suck

Because surely 4 reb and 2 assists like MJ doesn't cut it in the modern era

Bawkish
03-26-2019, 02:18 AM
Bron would KILL to face a team in the finals that has Vlade Divac as their 3rd leading scorer, what a privilege

LOL he can't even outperformed the 2nd leading scorer in 2011 Dallas :lol

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 02:18 AM
these threads get so old, I wish people just ignore them and quit posting in them.

you dorks can try and prop up l39ron all you want, but he ain't even close to MJ

This thread was just brought to light because 3ball kept comparing 16 Bran to 91 MJ and I got the idea to make this one :confusedshrug:

Obviously you are a hurt MJ fan or do you agree LBJ was the better Finals performer? The numbers are right here for you to see.

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 02:19 AM
:applause: :banana: :banana:

Jordan's 4 rebounds and 2 assists bullshit doesnt cut it here

3ball might take a vacation soon :oldlol: :oldlol:

Bawkish
03-26-2019, 02:21 AM
So, you seem like a bright enough guy (I hope) so what does that tell you then if LeBron put on the greatest Finals run but was unable to win? Was it

a) LeBron underperformed
b) His opponents were too good
c) His teammates suck

Because surely 4 reb and 2 assists like MJ doesn't cut it in the modern era

all i read is a bunch of meltdown excuses :lol

Bawkish
03-26-2019, 02:24 AM
This thread was just brought to light because 3ball kept comparing 16 Bran to 91 MJ and I got the idea to make this one :confusedshrug:

Obviously you are a hurt MJ fan or do you agree LBJ was the better Finals performer? The numbers are right here for you to see.

:lol what a drama queen

did 3ball stole your boyfriend?

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 02:25 AM
:lol what a drama queen

did 3ball stole your boyfriend?

He sparked the idea...Not I.

paksat
03-26-2019, 02:25 AM

the only thing lbj does is drive in and kick out after running over his man, I don't need stats to see him stiff arm his way to the basket.

you're obviously blind to that crap though. We got teams dropping 140 point games these days because you're not allowed to play defense. Knowing this, you're still here posting stats when they can't be any more empty in todays game.

but that's the thing, todays basketball is so utterly bad ( ratings down 50% for the age range of 18-34 ) that lbj can ring up endless stats and people will look back in the history book and say "well hey they're pretty close"

some people like me don't sit around making up algebra formulas and instead use their eyes. Because when you're driving to the hole against dwight howard vs hakeem/ewing/the admiral/shaq and so many others.. that will never be seen on stats

but you guys carry on, I know nothings gonna stop you. You have a narrative to drive home on these young kids, fortunately the 18-34 generation just rolls their eyes.

warriorfan
03-26-2019, 02:30 AM
Jason Terry

Bawkish
03-26-2019, 02:31 AM
the only thing lbj does is drive in and kick out after running over his man, I don't need stats to see him stiff arm his way to the basket.

you're obviously blind to that crap though. We got teams dropping 140 point games these days because you're not allowed to play defense. Knowing this, you're still here posting stats when they can't be any more empty in todays game.

but that's the thing, todays basketball is so utterly bad ( ratings down 50% for the age range of 18-34 ) that lbj can ring up endless stats and people will look back in the history book and say "well hey they're pretty close"

some people like me don't sit around making up algebra formulas and instead use their eyes. Because when you're driving to the hole against dwight howard vs hakeem/ewing/the admiral/shaq and so many others.. that will never be seen on stats

but you guys carry on, I know nothings gonna stop you. You have a narrative to drive home on these young kids, fortunately the 18-34 generation just rolls their eyes.

the fandom is doing everything to stay relevant because Le11thSeed is missing the playoffs after being in the Finals for 8th straight

they're in panic mode because the bubble has been burst

warriorfan
03-26-2019, 02:41 AM
Jason Terry

Jason Terry

Poetry
03-26-2019, 03:03 AM

Not only are they old, they're also inaccurate and completely ignore factual data that shows Jordan, Durant, and Shaq have been better than LeBron in the finals.

Mr Feeny
03-26-2019, 03:09 AM
Trick question. Jason terry was a better player in finals than lebron.

Mr Feeny
03-26-2019, 03:10 AM
Jason Terry

Jason Terry.

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 03:19 AM
Not only are they old, they're also inaccurate and completely ignore factual data that shows Jordan, Durant, and Shaq have been better than LeBron in the finals.

3ball kept comparing Finals runs and saying how MJ was better and I simply posted information.

Sorry if it has you feeling some type of way :confusedshrug:

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 03:21 AM
Jason Terry

Andre Igoudola

Remember when you posted this moments before the FMVP was announced and your thread was the biggest ether in ISH history?

http://i67.tinypic.com/14e5gk4.png

warriorfan
03-26-2019, 03:23 AM
Andre Igoudola

Remember when you posted this moments before the FMVP was announced and your thread was the biggest ether in ISH history?
http://i68.tinypic.com/23m4k8o.png

What was his GmScore?

Jason Terry

Poetry
03-26-2019, 03:31 AM
3ball kept comparing Finals runs and saying how MJ was better and I simply posted information.

Why don't you post the pace for each series? Hmm?

nayte
03-26-2019, 05:32 AM
Is that the consensus of Jordans best finals run. I seen a few threads about that but yeah.

LostCause
03-26-2019, 06:55 AM
So wait, Bron stans are now saying 2018 was his BEST Finals?

sportjames23
03-26-2019, 07:45 AM

:cheers:

sportjames23
03-26-2019, 07:45 AM
Jason Terry

Jason Terry

3ball
03-26-2019, 10:38 AM
:rolleyes:

3ball
03-26-2019, 10:40 AM
So we've established LeBron is a better defender,

You used the same stats that say bird is a better defender than pippen, and the creators of those stats say they're flawed

MJ is the consensus better defender, as evidenced by lebron playing bad defense after 30 years old (giving up 4 fmvp to his man), and MJ getting far more defensive accolades

So bad try... :no:

We've established he had a better regular season peak (by a small margin)

88' was MJ's regular season peak, not 91':

Regular Season Peaks

Jordan 88':. 35.0 ppg.. 1.7 oreb.. 3.8 dreb.. 5.9 apg.. 3.2 spg.. 1.6 bpg.. 60.3 ts
Lebron 13':. 26.8 ppg.. 1.3 oreb.. 6.8 dreb.. 7.3 apg.. 1.7 spg.. 0.9 bpg.. 64.0 ts

Jordan 88':. 34.1 usg.. 123 ortg.. 31.7 PER.. 21.2 ws.. 12.2 bpm.. 11.8 vorp
Lebron 13':. 30.2 usg.. 125 ortg.. 31.6 PER.. 19.3 ws.. 11.6 bpm.. 9.8 vorp

No contest.. :bowdown: ..:dancin

we've established he has the #1 ranked Finals game (Game 6, 2016) and the #2 ranked Finals game (Game 1, 2018), and the #1 ranked 3-game Finals stretch (2016, games 5, 6, 7)

Gamescore isn't the measure to rank performance

Jordan's game 6, the flu game, the double-nickel, and the shrug game are all better than any Finals game lebron ever played -

Indeed, mj's 35 points and 6 threes in one half effectively ended the series in game 1, which is more dominant than any Finals game for lebron (MJ sat out that 2nd half because his dominance put the game out of reach)..

and now established he even had a better Finals run, too?

Since you prefer gamescore - MJ had the highest Finals series gamescores ever:

http://i67.tinypic.com/155koqr.jpg

But the reality is that lebron lost by record amount in 2018 Finals, so you can't compare empty stats to stats obtained while winning the championship..

Fortunately, MJ's best empty stat routine was the goat one - his record-breaking performance vs goat Boston in 86... 44/6/6 on 50%, and 30.6 gamescore > lebron's 18' Finals

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 10:48 AM
3ball never learns...He usually is the one that gets himself into these messes.

And why did you suddenly take out ORtg and DRtg (which BOTH account for pace, ppg does not) when comparing MJ to LBJ in 88 but not 91 ???

You're making your own idol look bad when you do this.

And we haven't even gotten to competition yet, which is yet another landslide victory for the King.

Things aren't looking so good for you, but good morning either way.

3ball
03-26-2019, 10:54 AM
3ball never learns...He usually is the one that gets himself into these messes.

And why did you suddenly take out ORtg and DRtg (which BOTH account for pace, ppg does not) when comparing MJ to LBJ in 88 but not 91 ???

You're making your own idol look bad when you do this.

And we haven't even gotten to competition yet, which is yet another landslide victory for the King.

Things aren't looking so good for you, but good morning either way.
I never took out ORtg - ur just blind and skim too fast..

and DRtg is shit so it's never used (it says bird > pippen on D, and hundreds more like that)

So to summarize - MJ had the best regular season peak... And the best Finals peak and Finals series gamescores... And the best losing/empty stats (mj vs 86' celtics > lebron vs 18' Warriors)

That should clear everything up.. glad I could help.. let me know if there's any other isdues

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:07 AM
I never took out ORtg - ur just blind and skim too fast..

and DRtg is shit so it's never used (it says bird > pippen on D, and hundreds more like that)

So to summarize - MJ had the best regular season peak... And the best Finals peak and Finals series gamescores... And the best losing/empty stats (mj vs 86' celtics > lebron vs 18' Warriors)

That should clear everything up.. glad I could help.. let me know if there's any other isdues

Your lies never cease to amaze me, but at this point, what COULD you do to surprise me? :lol

https://i.postimg.cc/QxmkNLtB/Finals_GmScore.png

https://i.postimg.cc/PrVgMtDj/20190324_143351.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/jdgkyVFR/MJyikes.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/W1b9CKyJ/DhTXm6dXUAA88p8.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FsbptnM4/Bulls_win_drop.png

And I can find plenty more if you'd like...

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Annnd one of my all time favorites:

https://i.postimg.cc/zGZCX733/leadscorers.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bv3WMGgn/giphy.gif

3ball
03-26-2019, 11:47 AM
Annnd one of my all time favorites:

https://i.postimg.cc/zGZCX733/leadscorers.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bv3WMGgn/giphy.gif

Everyone knows this is the real playoff scoring record:

Jordan...... 33.5

Iverson..... 29.7
West......... 29.1
Lebron...... 28.9
Durant...... 28.8
Barry......... 27.3
Elgin......... 27.0
Gervin...... 26.5
Curry........ 26.0
Hakeem... 25.9
Kobe.........25.6

So you look uneducated posting the career totals

Lebron will pass Reggie in threes soon - you gonna celebrate and make threads about that too?.. :yaohappy:

Accept the facts:

- most MVP's ever (11)

- #1 all-time championship frequency since the ABA merger (6 in 15 yrs.. 40.0%.. it's really 6 in 11)

- best raw stats (only MJ averaged 30/5/5 for career; 10 scoring titles and the best ppg and offensive efficiency of any wing)

- best advanced stats (only MJ is top 2 in PER, bpm, vorp, ws/48, and he set the plus-minus record in 96')

- most seasons with 1st team all-nba and 1st team defense (9 seasons.. and they were consecutive, so the highest frequency of 1st team awards - 19 in 10 seasons)

- never carried (only guy that was never outscored by a teammate in a playoff series, and MJ led by average margin of 15.4 ppg over 2nd option)

- only player that never lost with a squad (1 or 2 seed), aka most unbeatable player, aka goat (kareem/lebron/magic, etc lost 6+ times each with 1 or 2 seeds; MJ was 6-0)

- only player to win multiple rings with just 1 all-star, except Kobe (Pau), Shaq (who had Kobe), and hakeem (when MJ was out of league)

- best winning stats ever - 33.7 ppg and 6.6 apg in 91-93' PO (27.2 and 7.2 for lebron in 12/13/16' PO)

- Best losing stats ever - 44 ppg against champion 86' celtics and their #1 defense

- highest gamescores for Finals series ever (all wins); highest gamescore ever for a non-winning series against a goat team (30.6 gamescore vs 86' boston, including a 47 gamescore in game 2)

72-10
03-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Michael Jordan is clearly the greatest Finals performer I've ever seen. The only other all-time candidate I could think of is Bill Russell.

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:58 AM
You know 3ball is seething when he bumps his font size to 5 and mentions Iverson and Barry and Elgin as better playoff scorers than Shaq, Kobe, LBJ, and Kareem

3ball, have you met your match?

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:59 AM
Michael Jordan is clearly the greatest Finals performer I've ever seen. The only other all-time candidate I could think of is Bill Russell.

Individually? Not a chance.

And you feel this way, despite factual evidence? Is it because of his shoes or his YouTube dunks?

EDIT: Okay, how about this since you seem more level headed than 2ball (who doesn't, though)?

MJ and LBJ are extremely close in nearly every metric, so would you say if MJ is #1 Finals perfomer that LeBron is clearly the #2 best Finals performer?

3ball
03-26-2019, 12:12 PM
You know 3ball is seething when he bumps his font size to 5 and mentions Iverson and Barry and Elgin as better playoff scorers than Shaq, Kobe, LBJ, and Kareem

3ball, have you met your match?
I bumped it to 4 to coordinate with your big graphics

And you realize that Lebron had the worst Finals performance ever for a #1 option in 07', right?.... He also had the goat choke and TWO record losses.. that's pure, unadulterated dogshit.. goat performer my ass, take your meds bro jeez

So no, numerous guys are better Finals performers and Russell is just one of them

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 12:15 PM
I bumped it to 4 to coordinate with your big graphics

And you realize that Lebron had the worst Finals performance ever for a #1 option in 07', right?.... He also had the goat choke and TWO record losses.. that's pure, unadulterated dogshit.. goat performer my ass, take your meds bro jeez

So no, numerous guys are better Finals performers Russell is just one of them

Wow, and yet he still has all the best Finals games performances than Jordan?

Imagine that

Let me know when LBJ wins a FMVP while being out played by Shawk ****ing Kemp in the Finals :lol

Let me know when LBJ wins a FMVP with one of the top 15 lowest GameScores ever (MJ did this twice).

Let me know when MJ faces a dynasty

Good bye sir *sips coffee

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 12:19 PM
And please stop saying MJ had the best "losing stats" when it cleary belongs to 2009 LeBron in the ECF vs Magic

39-8-8 on 49% with ORtg 118, playing against the #1 defense and DPOY

3ball
03-26-2019, 12:39 PM
And please stop saying MJ had the best "losing stats" when it cleary belongs to 2009 LeBron in the ECF vs Magic

39-8-8 on 49% with ORtg 118, playing against the #1 defense and DPOY
On what planet is 38/8/8 on 49% with 29.3 gamescore better than 44/6/6 on 50% with 30.6 gamescore

You're truly delusional

But gamescore isn't a good measure of performance.

So even though lebron has a couple of the best Finals gamescores, MJ's games are clearly better - i.e. game 6 and the flu game to name a couple.. the double-nickel.. shrug game.. even the switch hands game (13 straight FG's for the bulls)

but even if you want to go the gamescore route, MJ had the highest gamescore ever recorded against the 86' Celts, so MJ did gamescore better than lebron ever did for a single game and obviously for a series (best Finals series gamescore ever)

ClipperRevival
03-26-2019, 09:56 PM
OP's got a point.

LeBron having been to 6 finals, winning 6 times and winning 6 FMVP while MJ being 3/9 while giving up FMVP to his direct assignment 4 separate times. Also, MJ getting swept twice in the finals, something LeBron never did. OP bringing that truth.

ballinhun8
03-27-2019, 01:48 AM
Jason. Terry.

Spurs m8
03-27-2019, 01:58 AM
This alt has been here for one week and already has over 200 posts.

God I wish Wheels mom would let him out of the basement

ballinhun8
03-27-2019, 02:00 AM

Holy shit*t!! How can you post so much on one account in such a short span yet still maintain enough supplemental activity for the others!!??

This kid is truly dedicated. Props must be given.

Celtics 1825
03-27-2019, 02:00 AM

24 posts a day, YIKES

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 02:03 AM
24 posts a day, YIKES

I already said I got laid off and like basketball...

SamuraiSWISH
03-27-2019, 03:16 AM
I already said I got laid off and like basketball...
We can already tell by your posting habits and opinions ...

that you don’t get “laid” or “off” in any form or fashion.

Holy shit*t!! How can you post so much on one account in such a short span yet still maintain enough supplemental activity for the others!!??

This kid is truly dedicated. Props must be given.
Is he making money on all this time spent?

It’s basically a full time job and more. Who benefits from all this manufactured arguing and trolling?

Hot Wheels Jeff, anyone?!

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]We can already tell by your posting habits and opinions ...

that you don

GrayGoat
12-03-2020, 10:26 PM

1991 Jordan

2018 LeBron

Recap:

Can someone update this with 2020 stats?