PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking forward to in the playoffs?

Duderonomy
03-26-2019, 07:40 AM
A couple things we will see

The Bucks getting out of the first round
How good this Nuggets team will be
If acquiring Kawhi will make the Raptors clutch in the post-season.

Dr Hawk
03-26-2019, 07:43 AM
Defense. But I don't think that will happen.

Manny98
03-26-2019, 08:58 AM
Nets upsetting Philly or Toronto in the first round and for people to stop sleeping on us and start taking us seriously

FKAri
03-26-2019, 09:05 AM
Celtics vs Sixers

WayOfWad3
03-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Nuggets getting upset, Warriors/Rockets. I don’t think any team in the west aside from Golden State can beat Houston

bullettooth
03-26-2019, 02:52 PM
Playoffs LeBron!

Doranku
03-26-2019, 02:54 PM
-The East second round consisting of Milwaukee, Toronto, Boston, and Philly
-Houston/GS
-Nuggets getting exposed in the first round
-No LeBron in the finals

BarberSchool
03-26-2019, 02:56 PM
WEST:
Was Portland & Denver.
Now just Denver.
Any mention of Lakers missing post-season during games.
LeBron on sidelines being a cheerleader for other squads like the d!cksucker he is.
Cousins doing something incredibly stupid and costing Warriors a game or two, like an adopted kid stealing from his new family.
Refs not giving Harden & Paul calls, and Houston realizing letting Ariza go was insane.

LEAST:
Toronto and/or Philly beating MKE.
Defensive schemes used against Giannis.
Boston possibly gelling out of nowhere.
LeBron on sidelines being a cheerleader for other squads like the d!cksucker he is.

superduper
03-26-2019, 03:18 PM
-Warriors getting upset by King James.
-Embiid growing and learning with another playoff run under his belt
-Wade's playoff mode to be activated
-Kawhi absolutely shitting on whatever gets in his way
-How far OKC can get
-LeGOAT.... oh wait :(

Celtics 1825
03-26-2019, 03:24 PM
Mostly just the Celtics making the finals (even though it's looking extremely doubtful at this point :( )
Otherwise, Curry finally getting a FMVP hopefully.

Manny98
03-26-2019, 03:25 PM
Nets upsetting Philly or Toronto in the first round and for people to stop sleeping on us and start taking us seriously
Woops forgot how much i am looking forward to the Fraud shitting the bed in the playoffs like always :roll:

Objectivity
03-26-2019, 03:26 PM
LeGOAT 9th consecutive finals appearance...

OH WAIT :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
03-26-2019, 03:28 PM
If anyone can knock off the Warriors

If Harden can FINALLY carry over his regular season production to the playoffs

Who wins the East

How Westbrook/PG do

If the Nuggets are able to match their regular season success

Celtics 1825
03-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Woops forgot how much in looking forward to the Fraud shitting the bed in the playoffs like always :roll:
Oh yeah how could I forget :lol :lol

I wonder how many 3's in a row they're gonna miss this time around.

Spurs m8
03-26-2019, 03:58 PM
As always, I look forward to watching Harden completely melt.

What about you, Wheels, what are you looking forward to?

You must be shattered LeBron went West

imdaman99
03-26-2019, 03:59 PM
Nothing. I could usually bank on Westbrook being a tough out but last year he lost in the 1st round. And they lose to teams like the Grizzlies and Timberwolves, they don't scare anyone. Even the Warriors smacked them around last time without KD. Who are they going to scare being the 6th or 7th or 8th seed?

Prometheus
03-26-2019, 04:04 PM
I want Philly vs. Boston, but it looks like that could only happen if they beat the Bucks and Raps, respectively, which is very unlikely. Still, the ECSF and ECF should be sensational. So I guess I'm generally just looking forward to the East.

NugzFan
03-26-2019, 04:09 PM

Just like Denver we don

insidehoops
03-27-2019, 03:41 PM

Three quality items there

MJistheGOAT
03-27-2019, 04:42 PM
East playoffs in general, specially ECSF and ECF (Mil vs Bos and Tor vs Phi)
- Giannis showing his MVP as a #1 seed
- Kawhi overcoming Kawhit, Lowry, Craptors.
- Embiid and specially Simmons 2nd postseason, Butler and Tobias gelling.
- Celtics with Kyrie improving or keep underperforming?

West? GSW/Rockets and Denver. Not much to see.

Mask the Embiid
03-27-2019, 04:48 PM
Everything

i love dis game

Naero
03-27-2019, 08:56 PM
An open-ended battle for the successive Eastern Conference championship, with my Bucks pegged as the marginal favorites
The Bucks winning a playoffs series for the first time in my entire fandom (since '06)
Giannis immortalizing his BITW reputation with his first prodigious playoffs run (and lending even more grist to the argument with his first MVP just weeks after his possible first Finals appearance this June)
The Warriors, who are looking beatably unmotivated, possibly ending up dethroned
Whether or not the Celtics, who still scare me the most out East, can ratchet it up with Kyrie in playoffs mode
The Nuggets—the closest Cinderella-story revelation we have this season—establishing themselves as either contenders or pretenders

I harangued left and right about the literal Olympian starting lineup the Warriors fielded upon signing Cousins, but it turns out their championship-hangover malaise is starting to outstretch all their roster improvements. Now, the title-contention picture looks the most unpredictable that it's been since 2015, and even the Eastern Conference race is much more enthralling than I expected since its finalists can probably give the Warriors (if they make it) a hasty run for their money.

To boot, we won't have to hear the usual "LeBron is GOAT" ad nauseam bandied around; instead, Giannis can fill in that stead as the King of the East without stoking those prematurely full-blown GOAT comparisons anytime soon.

Elosha
03-27-2019, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=Naero][LIST]
An open-ended battle for the successive Eastern Conference championship, with my Bucks pegged as the marginal favorites
The Bucks winning a playoffs series for the first time in my entire fandom (since '06)
Giannis immortalizing his BITW reputation with his first prodigious playoffs run (and lending even more grist to the argument with his first MVP just weeks after his possible first Finals appearance this June)
The Warriors, who are looking beatably unmotivated, possibly ending up dethroned
Whether or not the Celtics, who still scare me the most out East, can ratchet it up with Kyrie in playoffs mode
The Nuggets

bobopenguin
03-27-2019, 09:33 PM
i always wanna see how lebron doing in western conf playoff.
and how rockets fans shamble in tear while harden's getting destroyed.

90sgoat
03-27-2019, 09:34 PM
The NBA refs not fixing games for a Lebron team.

AlternativeAcc.
03-27-2019, 09:43 PM
The bloodbath east is finally up for grabs for a non-LeBron team

They get to fight to be swept by the Warriors in the finals, very high stakes and exciting

SouBeachTalents
03-27-2019, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=Naero][LIST]
The Nuggets

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 09:55 PM
Without the King it will be mostly boring but I am looking forward to Boston and Philly like Prometheus said.

I think Philly will come out of the East.

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 09:55 PM
The bloodbath east is finally up for grabs for a non-LeBron team

They get to fight to be swept by the Warriors in the finals, very high stakes and exciting

:roll: :roll:

East teams are so happy right now, like, "Wait what? We actually have a chance this year?"

bobopenguin
03-27-2019, 10:03 PM
:roll: :roll:

East teams are so happy right now, like, "Wait what? We actually have a chance this year?"

and every west teams are like "where's lebron at?"

TheCorporation
03-27-2019, 10:05 PM
Does Kawhi give the Raps enough to make the Finals
Is Giannis the real deal
Will Harden get over his playoff woes
Will Curry EVER win a FMVP

qrich
03-27-2019, 10:24 PM
Obviously the Clippers and how the deadly duo of Lou Gotti and Monstrez killing second units.

Outside of that, want to see how Mitchell does in his second playoff appearance and Dame's scoring with Nurkic out and CJ rusty, if he comes back. In the East, hoping to see Blake feast and the Nets make a tough push.

SpaceJam2
03-28-2019, 03:21 AM
Will 4/44 get 15/55 or 4/55

Duderonomy
04-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Blazers-Thunder is the most interesting matchup right now.
Jazz and Spurs are capable of upsets as well.
I think the Pacers have a chance against Boston.
Nets/ sixers could be closer than people think.

tpols
04-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Celtics bucks
Sixers raptors
Raptors celtics
Warriors rockets

Only great series ^^^ imo

First round ill watch jazz rockets and thunder blazers maybee

RRR3
04-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Celtics bucks
Sixers raptors
Raptors celtics
Warriors rockets

Only great series ^^^ imo

First round ill watch jazz rockets and thunder blazers maybee
‘Member when you said you were a nets fan? I ‘member

ArbitraryWater
04-11-2019, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]

Duderonomy
05-30-2019, 09:51 PM

Yes
So-so
Yep he did