PDA

View Full Version : What if Kobe got a playoff triple double? Would people be proud?

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 04:26 PM
Kobe played 200+ playoff games and never got a single playoff triple double due to a low level of skills, but if he actually had a higher level of skills who would be most proud?

AirTupac
03-26-2019, 04:29 PM
If you were posting 20 times a day on just one of your alts.... would you be proud?

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 04:30 PM
If you were posting 20 times a day on just one of your alts.... would you be proud?

I don't have a job so I post a lot. Got laid off at McDonalds :(

No alts tho, thanks. Just a thirst for basketball.

Where do you work?

FKAri
03-26-2019, 04:30 PM
What if OP was posting 10 times a day on 3 of his alts? And doing it all during the playoffs? :eek:

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 04:33 PM
What if OP was posting 10 times a day on 3 of his alts? And doing it all during the playoffs? :eek:

:eek:

Sounds like a job for...

AirHead :oldlol:

kennethgriffen
03-26-2019, 04:34 PM
but kobe did have triple doubles in the playoffs

not that its a good thing. one guy doing too many things stagnates/distracts from the game plan

Uncle Drew
03-26-2019, 04:35 PM

not that its a good thing. one guy doing too many things stagnates/distracts from the game plan
What if it is the game plan?

SouBeachTalents
03-26-2019, 04:36 PM
When?

kennethgriffen
03-26-2019, 04:37 PM
What if it is the game plan?

then its a bad gameplan

guys should stick on their man while defending and not cherry pick rebounds to chase triple doubles

they also should move the ball early in the shot clock and not chase assists

but if you are a dominant playmaker then you shouldn't be trying to score 30+ at the same time because it makes your team entirely too dependent on 1 guy. then when that 1 guy goes out the teams lost offensively

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 04:45 PM
When?

:eek:

Kenny is on the clock

superduper
03-26-2019, 04:47 PM
Kobe fans prefer winning and integrity over arbitrary negative impact stats so no people wouldn't be proud.

kennethgriffen
03-26-2019, 04:52 PM
When?

i dunno i thought he had one in 2001 or 2002 and maybe 2008 and 2009

but if he didn't then i'm glad. it proves he never chased arbitrary stats that don't mean anything... getting 48/16/3 is better than getting 30/10/10

usually when kobe chooses to facilitate he doesn't also dominate scoring wise. he knows you can't do both and be successful without suspensions/bail outs from teammates

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 04:55 PM
i dunno i thought he had one in 2001 or 2002 and maybe 2008 and 2009

but if he didn't then i'm glad. it proves he never chased arbitrary stats that don't mean anything... getting 48/16/3 is better than getting 30/10/10

usually when kobe chooses to facilitate he doesn't also dominate scoring wise. he knows you can't do both and be successful without suspensions/bail outs from teammates

He has zero
For his career
As in...never did it.

Very highly skilled player :bowdown:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-26-2019, 04:55 PM
Kind of hard to be believe, just being honest.

You'd think someone with the ball in their hands as much as Kobe had would've AT LEAST had one. Then again, he played under Phil Jackson and a system which stunted that kind of thing.

Bottom line, "x/y/z" looks pretty on paper but they're just...numbers. Players like Westbrook get them like they're candy. The bulk of his rebounds and assists are fluff though.

Give me a player who gets you buckets when they matter (ISO scoring or thru a legitimate assist) and a stop on the other end.

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 05:00 PM

You'd think someone with the ball in their hands as much as Kobe had would've AT LEAST had one. Then again, he played under Phil Jackson and a system which stunted that kind of thing.

Bottom line, "x/y/z" looks pretty on paper but they're just...numbers. Players like Westbrook get them like they're candy. The bulk of his rebounds and assists are fluff though.

Give me a player who gets you buckets when they matter (ISO scoring or thru a legitimate assist) and a stop on the other end.

Absolutely but still, it is crazy to think Kobe's skill level was so low he couldn't even get one triple double in 220 playoff games.

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 05:01 PM

By the way, don't you have 15k posts broken down about like this:

5k on passing out from smoking blunts
5k about Ingram vs Tatum
5k about hating LeBron

FKAri
03-26-2019, 05:03 PM

Kobe was never a great rebounder and he's always been on teams which for the most part, already had good rebounders. And to be a bit light hearted: It's hard to get rebounds when you're shooting so much :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Kobe was never a great rebounder and he's always been on teams which for the most part, already had good rebounders. And to be a bit light hearted: It's hard to get rebounds when you're shooting so much :oldlol:

That's actually a good point :oldlol:

kennethgriffen
03-26-2019, 05:36 PM

i think considering kobe was a strict on ball defender that routinely guarded opposing teams PG's makes his rebounding numbers seem more impressive. he's always been great at boxing out bigger guys and fighting for tough rebounds. some of his biggest clutch moments were off rebound put backs in the playoffs

so i think you might have brain damage or you never watched a single game

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 06:18 PM

I'll give you that, he had three 7-footers to catch all his bricks (Gasol, Odom, Bynum).

If life gives you bricks, make a house with 7-footers

SpaceJam2
03-26-2019, 06:19 PM
i think considering kobe was a strict on ball defender that routinely guarded opposing teams PG's makes his rebounding numbers seem more impressive. he's always been great at boxing out bigger guys and fighting for tough rebounds. some of his biggest clutch moments were off rebound put backs in the playoffs

so i think you might have brain damage or you never watched a single game

Did you find all of Kobe's playoff triple-doubles yet? You've been on the clock for a while now :no:

The Iron Fist
03-26-2019, 10:27 PM
Kobe has gone to the finals 3 years in a row, twice.

Pretty nice triple double.

ImKobe
03-26-2019, 10:47 PM
How many players have averaged a triple double and won a championship in the process? 0? ok then.

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:32 PM
How many players have averaged a triple double and won a championship in the process? 0? ok then.

Sometimes 6/24 is enough :confusedshrug:

Which Finals elimination game does LeBron win shooting 6/24?

SamuraiSWISH
03-26-2019, 11:34 PM
Triple doubles are for losers. Oscar Robertson, Russell Westbrook, all losers.

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:39 PM
Triple doubles are for losers. Oscar Robertson, Russell Westbrook, all losers.

Do you know who Magic Johnson and LeBron James are?

SamuraiSWISH
03-26-2019, 11:41 PM
Do you know who Magic Johnson and LeBron James are?
LeBron is a ****ing loser. He has a fluky three championships. Two of which his ass was saved. But not near as bad as the two guys I mentioned.

I’m talking about players who that is their entire calling card. Their basketball fetish. What they set out to achieve. Meaning, Oscar Robertson and Russell Westbrook. Losers.

Magic Johnson was a distributor first, he wasn’t going out there looking to get triple doubles. His happened organically. That’s why he’s the games greatest point guard of all time. And a proven winner.

That’s why he has five rings.

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]LeBron is a ****ing loser. He has a fluky three championships. Two of which his ass was saved. I

The Iron Fist
03-27-2019, 11:18 AM
Triggered? :lol

https://i.postimg.cc/zGZCX733/leadscorers.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/MHhrZs2H/Top_5_game_sc.png
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://i.postimg.cc/jdgkyVFR/MJyikes.jpg
Your number one scorer has as many finals losses as the next three players combined.

Not a good look at all.

Gileraracer
03-27-2019, 11:40 AM
several playoff triple doubles and 3/9 or no playoff triple doubles and 5/7?

TheCorporation
03-27-2019, 11:46 AM
several playoff triple doubles and 3/9 or no playoff triple doubles and 5/7?

Kobe is

2 for 7 (FMVP, alpha rings duh, don't try to slide those Fisher rings in there :lol )
1 for 20 (MVP)

Yikes

I think you should stop this conversation while you have the chance

superduper
03-27-2019, 11:53 AM
Kobe is

2 for 7 (FMVP, alpha rings duh, don't try to slide those Fisher rings in there :lol )
1 for 20 (MVP)

Yikes

Wait... when did Fisher average 33-7-7 on 50+% for the entire playoffs?

I'll wait..............

SouBeachTalents
03-27-2019, 11:53 AM

I'll wait..............
When did Kobe?

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 12:21 PM

I'll wait..............

I'm going to call you SuperStretch because you stretch and you stretch nearly everything. All rings are not created equal, right? So then why are you questioning a sidekick ring versus a top dog ring?

For example: Wade's ring in 2006 is so much more valuable than Kobe's first two with Shaq Lakers.

Gileraracer
03-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Kobe is

1 for 20 (MVP)

Yikes

Lebron is 1 for 9 then (Kyrie / Allen rings do not count)

:(

sportjames23
03-27-2019, 12:54 PM

First post body shot! :oldlol:

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 01:04 PM
First post body shot! :oldlol:

I already mentioned (for the last time now) that I was laid off and not working at the moment. Thanks for your consideration though.