PDA

View Full Version : Curry and Durant can do what Harden is doing this season

AngelEyes
03-26-2019, 10:26 PM
During the broadcast today someone said that Harden is the best offensive player in the NBA but the truth is that he's not even one of the two best offensive players in the western conference. Both Steph and KD could do exactly what Harden is doing this season and they would both do it with better efficiency and Durant in particular would play much better defense in the process. Harden has been impressive but he has not elevated himself to best offensive player in his conference let alone the entire NBA.

LoneyROY7
03-26-2019, 10:27 PM
No they couldn't.

Thanks though.

Dray n Klay
03-26-2019, 10:28 PM
So Curry could average 36ppg? :roll: :roll:

AngelEyes
03-26-2019, 10:31 PM
No they couldn't.

Thanks though.

Without question they could and they both have had substantially better seasons than the one Harden is having this year. I'll take Steph over any version of Harden as an offensive player. And Durant has always been and still is a more complete offensive player than Harden. If he had the ball the entire game like Harden he could definitely put up 35 or 36 points per game.

Gus Hemmingway
03-26-2019, 10:31 PM
Harden can 1v5 with the best

Curry needs minimum 3 screens set by HOF players every possession to get a shot off :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
03-26-2019, 10:37 PM
Without question they could and they both have had substantially better seasons than the one Harden is having this year. I'll take Steph over any version of Harden as an offensive player. And Durant has always been and still is a more complete offensive player than Harden. If he had the ball the entire game like Harden he could definitely put up 35 or 36 points per game.

Sick hypothetical dude. :oldlol: :oldlol:

ImKobe
03-26-2019, 10:44 PM
KD averaged like 35 ppg on close to 50/40/90 splits when Russ went down and missed half the season and led OKC to 59 wins in the process, I'm sure he could average 36 if he played in D'Antoni's system and chucked a one more three per game on average.

72-10
03-26-2019, 10:46 PM
don't act like you didn't just name two of the greatest offensive players of all time.

Bronbron23
03-26-2019, 11:01 PM
Yes they could all do it in Dantoni's system in the regular season. Only Durant could do it come post season though. Curry and harden both get worse come playoff time. Especially deep in the playoffs

FKAri
03-26-2019, 11:12 PM
I don't think so. Close. But not quite at this level. Neither has Harden's stamina to carry a team like this for a full season. They can both score but to be the sole playmaker of a team like Harden was for long stretches of the season and now with old CP3? I don't see it. KD would put up huge PPGs though, just like Harden. Curry can do the playmaker but not this kind of carry job.

superduper
03-26-2019, 11:14 PM

Absolutely he could. Curry is top 3 offensive player all time with MJ and Shaq

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:17 PM
Harden can 1v5 with the best

Curry needs minimum 3 screens set by HOF players every possession to get a shot off :oldlol:

shut it down

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:18 PM

Top 3 is LBJ, Shaq and KD

foh with MJ who cant shoot and played weak defense

Nice try tho :pimp:

superduper
03-26-2019, 11:20 PM

This kinda nonsense should get people ban.

Mods.

72-10
03-26-2019, 11:28 PM

Nah

1. MJ
2. Wilt
3. Shaq
4. Durant
5. Karl Malone
6. Kobe
7. LeBron
8. Gervin
9. Iverson
10. West
11. Curry

or some sh*t like that

insufficient production dude

72-10
03-26-2019, 11:31 PM

how the fvck could LeBron be one? He doesn't even convert free throws.

Bronbron23
03-26-2019, 11:43 PM

Holy shit this guy has to be the dumbest guy on this forum. He should be banned from talking basketball everywhere for stupid statements like this

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:47 PM
how the fvck could LeBron be one? He doesn't even convert free throws.

Really?

So then the fact that all of LBJ's peaks are better or equal to MJ means he doesn't score the ball that well? Do I need to bump all the peak vs peak treads showcasing these facts?

Reg season peak = LBJ won
Finals run = LBJ won
Game Score single game = LBJ won
bla bla bla this isn't new information dude...KEEP UP

Or how about just this:

https://i.postimg.cc/zGZCX733/leadscorers.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bv3WMGgn/giphy.gif

TheCorporation
03-26-2019, 11:55 PM
Holy shit this guy has to be the dumbest guy on this forum. He should be banned from talking basketball everywhere for stupid statements like this

Peak vs Peak: Best season vs best season

LBJ in 2013
ORtg: 125
DRtg: 101
WS: 19.3
VORP: 9.8
GmScore high: 44.2

MJ in 1991
DRtg: 102
WS: 20.3
GmScore high: 42.3

:confusedshrug:

2ez

Bronbron23
03-27-2019, 12:03 AM
Peak vs Peak: Best season vs best season

LBJ in 2013
DRtg: 101
WS: 19.3
GmScore high: 44.2

MJ in 1991
DRtg: 102
WS: 20.3
GmScore high: 42.3

:confusedshrug:

2ez those numbers don't mean shit really. It's do long of answer to explain why you obviously just don't get how stats don't mean better.

Half of those stats are b.s anyway. For example jj Reddick had a 101.4 drtg this year. That says it all:facepalm

Stephonit
03-27-2019, 03:29 AM
Predictable how in a thread about real players the pretender's supporters inject themselves and fill it with irrelevant discussion about their irrelevant idol. Go into any of the other garbage threads on this site about him. Shoo!

Marchesk
03-27-2019, 05:47 AM
Wait, I thought this thread was about whether Curry and Durant could match Harden's scoring?

What does Lebron and MJ have to do with anything?

hold this L
03-27-2019, 05:50 AM
Go talk about Lebron in the other 50 threads you loser, and take your pathetic alts with you.

Mr.GOAT2408
03-27-2019, 05:59 AM
Durant definitely could, dude basically did in 14 and league wasn't as open then nor was he in an offense as tailor made towards isoing which KD is unstoppable in. Would do it without the bs calls or missed traveling Harden gets away with as well

As for Curry, even though he's obviously a better player especially on offense I don't know if he could due to his playstyle (doesn't really draw fouls) and durability. Luckily Curry can impact the game without touching the ball something that Harden is incapable of doing :lol

r0drig0lac
03-27-2019, 06:24 AM
no (giannis still is the mvp)

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 08:04 AM
those numbers don't mean shit really. It's do long of answer to explain why you obviously just don't get how stats don't mean better.

Half of those stats are b.s anyway. For example jj Reddick had a 101.4 drtg this year. That says it all:facepalm

:oldlol:

With a 125 ORtg as well? One rating usually suffers when another goes up. LeBron has had seasons with even lower DRtg numbers than 101 but then of course his offensive numbers go down as well...

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Durant definitely could, dude basically did in 14 and league wasn't as open then nor was he in an offense as tailor made towards isoing which KD is unstoppable in. Would do it without the bs calls or missed traveling Harden gets away with as well

As for Curry, even though he's obviously a better player especially on offense I don't know if he could due to his playstyle (doesn't really draw fouls) and durability. Luckily Curry can impact the game without touching the ball something that Harden is incapable of doing :lol

Did you just say Curry was a better player than Durant? Has your memory just gone ahead and erased the last four years of the Finals ? :wtf:

Manny98
03-27-2019, 08:07 AM
Nah

1. MJ
2. Wilt
3. Shaq
4. Durant
5. Karl Malone
6. Kobe
7. LeBron
8. Gervin
9. Iverson
10. West
11. Curry

or some sh*t like that

insufficient production dude
Are you serious?

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 08:30 AM
Are you serious?

Jesus what list is that??

tpols
03-27-2019, 08:58 AM

Its impossible for curry to average that because if he even hits 30 ppg the opposing teams are getting blown out of the building. Where as harden plays a sub optimal brand of ball that basically has him going tit for tat with the opponent. Ding0 just tidal waves you,

TheCorporation
03-27-2019, 09:49 AM
Its impossible for curry to average that because if he even hits 30 ppg the opposing teams are getting blown out of the building. Where as harden plays a sub optimal brand of ball that basically has him going tit for tat with the opponent. Ding0 just tidal waves you,

36?!

How about could he average even just 26 in the Finals? :lol

Before KD
2015: 26 ppg
2016: 22.6 ppg
Average: 24.3

After KD
2017: 26.8
2018: 27.5
Average: 27.1

Total Average: 25.7 ppg

:(

Stephonit
03-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Curry held record setting LeBron and Kyrie at bay for 7 games with just 22 ppg. Amazing. Steph is truly a master of the dark arts and possesses arcane basketball skills. Imagine what he'd do if he wasn't drained from taking out 2 MVPs the previous round.

TheCorporation
03-27-2019, 09:58 AM
Curry held record setting LeBron and Kyrie at bay for 7 games with just 22 ppg. Amazing. Steph is truly a master of the dark arts and possesses arcane basketball skills. Imagine what he'd do if he wasn't drained from taking out 2 MVPs the previous round.

Klay was drained in the WCF (saved his ass from missing the Finals)
Dray was drained in game 7 Finals (saved Curry from a blow out)

Get your facts straight baby boi

SouBeachTalents
03-27-2019, 10:04 AM
Curry was the 4th best player that series

Stephonit
03-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Klay was drained in the WCF (saved his ass from missing the Finals)
Dray was drained in game 7 Finals (saved Curry from a blow out)

Get your facts straight baby boi

Okay so the Warriors were drained and were facing a fresh LeBron who coasted throughout the year and in the Eastern Conference and still took the Cavaliers to 7 games. Yeah that checks out.

Stephonit
03-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Curry was the 4th best player that series

The abilities of assassins and wizards aren't obvious to the uninitiated.

SouBeachTalents
03-27-2019, 10:19 AM
The abilities of assassins and wizards aren't obvious to the uninitiated.
I guess so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBFF4PnCaXE

And1AllDay
03-27-2019, 10:38 AM
I guess so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBFF4PnCaXE

6/19 with 2 assists when the lights are the brightest

ronniec
03-27-2019, 11:17 AM
Really?

So then the fact that all of LBJ's peaks are better or equal to MJ means he doesn't score the ball that well? Do I need to bump all the peak vs peak treads showcasing these facts?

Reg season peak = LBJ won
Finals run = LBJ won
Game Score single game = LBJ won
bla bla bla this isn't new information dude...KEEP UP

Or how about just this:

https://i.postimg.cc/zGZCX733/leadscorers.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bv3WMGgn/giphy.gif

The original post was about Harden, Curry and KD.

How the fvck there is a MJ vs Lebron discussion here???

Damn it.

Wally450
03-27-2019, 11:42 AM
Anyone could do what Harden is doing, but they'd have to chuck and lose their team games in order to get his stats. Harden does it within the flow of the game, which is even more impressive. :bowdown:

superduper
03-27-2019, 11:45 AM
those numbers don't mean shit really. It's do long of answer to explain why you obviously just don't get how stats don't mean better.

Corp why are you avoiding this like the mofuggin plague?!?

You have to be truly out of touch with reality to believe deep down that basketball is played on paper.

Gileraracer
03-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Curry would average 39.12PPG with the amount of FGA, 3PA and FTA that Harden has.

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Corp why are you avoiding this like the mofuggin plague?!?

You have to be truly out of touch with reality to believe deep down that basketball is played on paper.

It was already mentioned that as your ORTg rating goes up, your DRtg usually goes down. Did Reddick ALSO have a 125 ORtg? Let me pull some Kawhi numbers for you to get the point across better I guess.

Kawhi has had very low DRtg years 96, 98, etc, but that's also partially because he wasn't doing as much on the offensive end. I hope you're still with me to this point. Okay, so, if you can expend more energy on defensive then you will usually expend less energy on the offensive end. Let's take a look at the examples I just explained

Kawhi

ORtg 116
DRtg 98
Net difference = +18

ORtg 113
DRtg 96
Net difference = +17

ORtg 120
DRtg 105
Net difference = +15

So as you can see, in most instances when ORtg goes up, DRtg goes down. I hope this makes more sense to people when discussing advanced analytics. No I'm not being a dick I just wasn't sure if you understood them so now the forum can be a better place for me to waste my days posting about basketball until I find a job.

*edit* And please don't go searching for an outlier because I'm sure they exist but the point has been made and I hope I've made things clearer. Outliers are exceptions, not the rule. Kawhi was the perfect person to use in this example. The same could probably be done for MJ and LBJ as well.

PP34Deuce
03-27-2019, 12:22 PM
To do what HArden is doing you have to:

-Be very offensively skilled
-Have a mindset to attack
-Have the body to hold up

Kyrie, Curry, all can score in bunches quick but they aren't built to play the way Harden can.

Kevin Durant next year I believe will go on a tear like Harden has. He's going to light it up to prove he can do it.

superduper
03-27-2019, 12:25 PM

Kyrie, Curry, all can score in bunches quick but they aren't built to play the way Harden can.

Kevin Durant next year I believe will go on a tear like Harden has. He's going to light it up to prove he can do it.

Kyrie can do it to an extent, he's not shy of physicality on his drives. Curry on the other hand definitely wouldn't hold up. He's too finesse as opposed to physical.

SouBeachTalents
03-27-2019, 12:26 PM
Kyrie can do it to an extent, he's not shy of physicality on his drives. Curry on the other hand definitely wouldn't hold up. He's too finesse as opposed to physical.
Not a chance in the world Kyrie could average 35 over the course of an entire season :oldlol:

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 12:35 PM

High IQ post, I agree. (You usually do have high IQ posts, I've noticed).

Harden is not only skilled but durable. And if KD goes to Brooklyn or hell even LA I could see him showing the league, "No, no, it's ME who is the top scorer in the league still."

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 12:37 PM
Not a chance in the world Kyrie could average 35 over the course of an entire season :oldlol:

23 ppg Kyrie is supposed to jump to 35 some how :lol

THIS is exactly why I nicknamed him SuperStretcher. He's always trying to think up the craziest, off the wall bs that rarely sticks.

https://i.postimg.cc/XNhRGYHz/Stretchin_crazy_mode.png

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 12:41 PM

Kyrie Irving can average 36 ppg for 71 games :wtf:

https://i.postimg.cc/XNhRGYHz/Stretchin_crazy_mode.png