PDA

View Full Version : Clippers cinch playoffs spot

LukeWalton
03-26-2019, 11:19 PM
looking at the remaining schedule, there's a possibility they can move from 5th to 4th.. maybe even 3rd if Portland and the Rockets keep losing their remaining games.

That was a quick rebuild. Just 1 year out of the playoffs :eek: :bowdown:

imdaman99
03-26-2019, 11:22 PM
They can move to wherever they want. They are the least fearful team come playoffs. Who is their star? Sweet Lou?

RoseCity07
03-26-2019, 11:24 PM
They can move to wherever they want. They are the least fearful team come playoffs. Who is their star? Sweet Lou?

They have surprisingly good chemistry and outwork their opponents. They could beat a team like OKC, Utah, or Portland.

Clippersfan86
03-26-2019, 11:26 PM

Huh? Our best player all season has been Gallo who's having a career year. He's got a top 5 ish offensive RAPM this year. He's putting up 20 ppg on insane efficiency and excellent man defense. Although the Lou and Trez bench duo is putting up historic numbers and is unstoppable. The starting 5 is like a +12 net rating while going 16-4 since the all star break. Shamet and Zubac+ the addition by subtraction of Bradley+Gortat has transformed this team.

imdaman99
03-26-2019, 11:27 PM
They have surprisingly good chemistry and outwork their opponents. They could beat a team like OKC, Utah, or Portland.
Yeah I get they have chemistry and are surprisingly well-coached... but I don't see them as a threat to anyone, even those teams you mentioned. Even though Portland lost their 2nd best player, they are still a dangerous team. I'm not ready to bury them yet. Jazz always find a way to surprise someone in the 1st round. And OKC... well I guess it's possible but they won't be their 1st round opponent.

I used to think the Spurs would be a weak playoff opponent but here they are, hot at the right time.

imdaman99
03-26-2019, 11:28 PM
Huh? Our best player all season has been Gallo who's having a career year. He's got a top 5 ish offensive RAPM this year. He's putting up 20 ppg on insane efficiency. Although the Lou and Trez bench duo is putting up historic numbers and is unstoppable. The starting 5 is like a +12 net rating while going 16-4 since the all star break. Shamet and Zubac+ the addition by subtraction of Bradley+Gortat has transformed this team.
Oh SHIT you back :bowdown: welcome back buddy. I know you won't remember any of us but a lot of us remember you :cheers:

To be real, I don't trust Gallo as the best player in a playoff series.

AirTupac
03-26-2019, 11:32 PM
See as much as I hate Clippers, you cant hate on a hard working team and players who arent complete cucks (Cp3-Griffin-Jordan) good on them.

qrich
03-26-2019, 11:49 PM

Acting as if Lou Gotti isn't among the most dangerous players in the clutch

qrich
03-27-2019, 01:20 AM
Clinching does very little for me as it was clear that they were going into the playoffs when the Lakers started tapering off, never thought the Kings would really challenge the Clips for a slot.

Obviously, the Clippers will be considered under dogs, regardless of who they face. But, in all honesty, I feel the team has more than just a punchers chance against every team outside the Warriors.

The addition of Zubac has been absolutely HUGE to the squad, he provides a big man that can box out, and occasionally get a post bucket. Shamet with his shooting as well as Green and his bulldog attitude, that fits well with Bev.

Clippersfan86
03-27-2019, 01:30 AM
Oh SHIT you back :bowdown: welcome back buddy. I know you won't remember any of us but a lot of us remember you :cheers:

To be real, I don't trust Gallo as the best player in a playoff series.

I remember you buddy, thanks. Been back few months. Just posting less because it's mostly trolling now lol. I don't trust Gallo's health, but he's been so damn reliable this year, especially in the clutch. It truly is his peak year so far.

Clippersfan86
03-27-2019, 01:32 AM
Clinching does very little for me as it was clear that they were going into the playoffs when the Lakers started tapering off, never thought the Kings would really challenge the Clips for a slot.

Obviously, the Clippers will be considered under dogs, regardless of who they face. But, in all honesty, I feel the team has more than just a punchers chance against every team outside the Warriors.

The addition of Zubac has been absolutely HUGE to the squad, he provides a big man that can box out, and occasionally get a post bucket. Shamet with his shooting as well as Green and his bulldog attitude, that fits well with Bev.

I don't think people understand how much Bradley+Gortat were dragging down the starting 5 either. I believe they have gone from a -6 Net rating to a +12 ish in terms of starting 5's. That's basically the difference between being the Suns vs being the Bucks.

qrich
03-27-2019, 01:36 AM
I don't think people understand how much Bradley+Gortat were dragging down the starting 5 either. I believe they have gone from a -6 Net rating to a +12 ish in terms of starting 5's. That's basically the difference between being the Suns vs being the Bucks.

Gortat, at least, would give full effort. And set some of the best screens in the current NBA.

Bradley was just a flat out negative. I was shocked that we were able to nab TWO contributors for him, without giving up an asset. I have no doubt if he was still here, and the Memphis deal didn't occur, the Clippers would have lost an extra 5-6 games.

I'm starting to worry on Doc's obsession with trying Temple as a ball handler, just doesn't fit. Rather see Ty get that burn, or for him to stagger and keep Bev in with Lou.

Clippersfan86
03-27-2019, 01:47 AM
Gortat, at least, would give full effort. And set some of the best screens in the current NBA.

Bradley was just a flat out negative. I was shocked that we were able to nab TWO contributors for him, without giving up an asset. I have no doubt if he was still here, and the Memphis deal didn't occur, the Clippers would have lost an extra 5-6 games.

I'm starting to worry on Doc's obsession with trying Temple as a ball handler, just doesn't fit. Rather see Ty get that burn, or for him to stagger and keep Bev in with Lou.

In all fairness Ty has been inexplicably trash the last month or two. Better plan IMO is throwing 5-10 mpg at Jrob and upping Lou's minutes by 8 or 10 the rest of the way. Doc's crush on Temple and Chandler though HAS been a detriment so far. Temple played great today though. If he can at least hit open 3s, it's not a big concern for me.

LukeWalton
03-27-2019, 05:02 AM
I remember you buddy, thanks. Been back few months. Just posting less because it's mostly trolling now lol. I don't trust Gallo's health, but he's been so damn reliable this year, especially in the clutch. It truly is his peak year so far.

man, for a long time, Lob City was missing a good small forward. They had a good center, power forward, and point guard. and JJ a great 3point shooter.

Now they finally got one, but lob city is gone.

:cry:

ronniec
03-27-2019, 11:07 AM
At least they play as a TEAM, and work hard.
They are BALLERS.

RESPECT

ronniec
03-27-2019, 11:10 AM
man, for a long time, Lob City was missing a good small forward. They had a good center, power forward, and point guard. and JJ a great 3point shooter.

Now they finally got one, but lob city is gone.

:cry:

Even if they could get a SF, it would not work still.

Remember the reason why DJ wanted to leave?
Not enough touches and shots.

They already had problems sharing the ball and shot counts.

NugzFan
03-27-2019, 11:17 AM
See as much as I hate Clippers, you cant hate on a hard working team and players who arent complete cucks (Cp3-Griffin-Jordan) good on them.

This may the first time you said something nice about another team

AirTupac
03-27-2019, 12:37 PM
This may the first time you said something nice about another team

Probably

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 01:03 PM
Clippers planned to trade Tobias for a shot at Zion but them Clips got fight in em!

MJistheGOAT
03-27-2019, 02:23 PM
In the era of superstars collusions and individualism over teamwork, the Clips have been a nice surprise.

qrich
03-27-2019, 02:49 PM
Clippers planned to trade Tobias for a shot at Zion but them Clips got fight in em!

Uh....Clippers FO never had the intention of tanking in mind.

In all fairness Ty has been inexplicably trash the last month or two. Better plan IMO is throwing 5-10 mpg at Jrob and upping Lou's minutes by 8 or 10 the rest of the way. Doc's crush on Temple and Chandler though HAS been a detriment so far. Temple played great today though. If he can at least hit open 3s, it's not a big concern for me.

Ty is a better second ball handler to put out with Lou than Temple. Rome wouldn't work well in that situation either.

I don't mind Temple getting burn, he plays good defense and is capable, albeit, inconsistent from three. Wish Luc was healthy to take Temple's minutes, but it is what it is.

insidehoops
03-27-2019, 03:44 PM
Clippers have now made the playoffs 7 of last 8 seasons.

Meticode
03-27-2019, 04:04 PM
It's the Clippers though. So no to all of that shit you just spewed. :oldlol:

MJistheGOAT
03-27-2019, 04:12 PM
Kawhi to the Clippers with this core???

Meticode
03-27-2019, 04:17 PM
Kawhi to the Clippers with this core???
Clips would find some way to muck it up.

AirTupac
03-27-2019, 04:35 PM
Clips would find some way to muck it up.

The only reason they're a challenge this time around is cause Jerry West brings some legitmacy to that franchise. He made smart moves cutting the fat and bringing in players who play a certain brand of winning basketball. They dont have all the talent in the world and they made it to the playoffs. I'm legit scared and disappointed we said no to West.

Celtics 1825
03-27-2019, 04:37 PM
Clippers have now made the playoffs 7 of last 8 seasons.
Hadn't they only made the playoffs like 4 or 5 times total before Lob City too? Crazy.

Meticode
03-27-2019, 04:39 PM
The only reason they're a challenge this time around is cause Jerry West brings some legitmacy to that franchise. He made smart moves cutting the fat and bringing in players who play a certain brand of winning basketball. They dont have all the talent in the world and they made it to the playoffs. I'm legit scared and disappointed we said no to West.
Yea, that's nice, but...Clippers.

AirTupac
03-27-2019, 04:46 PM

Im hoping it continues. But Jerry West is the opposite of that :oldlol:

Vino24
03-27-2019, 06:16 PM
what are the chances that the Clippers will knock cp3 out of the playoffs? would be a good story :lol

qrich
03-27-2019, 10:14 PM

Says a Cavs/Browns fan :wtf:

sbw19
03-28-2019, 07:21 PM
https://abload.de/img/clips5wk9m.png

They've done it in style too, clinching as 6th seed before 5th seeded Jazz could. This is one of those weird things that happen because of the effect of tie-breaking rules.

LukeWalton
03-28-2019, 08:06 PM
ESPN and Barkley said Los Angeles would have 33 wins this season

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/los-angeles-clippers-clinch-playoffs-celebrate

they weren't wrong. But it was the other Los Angeles team they were referring to :oldlol:

ronniec
03-29-2019, 10:29 AM
ESPN and Barkley said Los Angeles would have 33 wins this season

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/los-angeles-clippers-clinch-playoffs-celebrate

they weren't wrong. But it was the other Los Angeles team they were referring to :oldlol:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: