PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire vs Blake Griffin

PeroAntic
03-27-2019, 05:27 PM
Both got rookie of the year, six all star appearances and five all NBA selections. Both two of the best pick and roll players and dunkers in the game, both average defensively.

I give Blake the edge due to his shooting and ballhandling/playmaking ability. But the Suns with STAT were a monster team.

Sakkreth
03-27-2019, 05:43 PM
Blake tbh, even if I don't like him. Amare also benefited from playing with Nash. You can say that Blake benefited playing with cp3, but we can see that Blake can do really well without him, and still it's not the same as playing with Nash.

Norcaliblunt
03-27-2019, 05:51 PM
Both got rookie of the year, six all star appearances and five all NBA selections. Both two of the best pick and roll players and dunkers in the game, both average defensively.

I give Blake the edge due to his shooting and ballhandling/playmaking ability. But the Suns with STAT were a monster team.

Don

senelcoolidge
03-27-2019, 06:26 PM
Blake is a good 3 pt shooter now. Blake kinda took the Pistons to the playoffs by himself. Reggie Jackson and Dre didn't start playing well until later in the season. Blake won them a lot of games early on.

HoopologyPhD
03-27-2019, 06:31 PM
I can't think of too many players who are so similar in many ways throughout their entire career. One idiot broke his hand on a fire extinguisher and the other doofus broke his hand punching a trainer.

Amare dropped pretty hard and fast once his decline started however, Blake is still doing pretty well. Maybe the fact that Griffin was injured his first season made him focus on durability and injury prevention more.

SouBeachTalents
03-27-2019, 06:46 PM
Amare was giving Duncan the business in the playoffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWJxoHppJ6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCANvGC2RAA

This was probably his last true highlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEUjEIPpfY

Jon Salley's 10
03-27-2019, 06:54 PM
Defensively STAT was much better so I'm giving the nod to him

bizil
03-27-2019, 07:51 PM
Once Blake's all around game evolved, u gotta him the nod on this one. EVEN THOUGH I prefer peak Amare as a scorer though. DEVASTATING mix of midrange game, slashing, post game, and freak athletic ability. At his peak, probably combined those facets BETTER than any PF EVER! Was a bit more dominant scorer than Kemp was. And for me was better on the block than Blake is.

But Blake's game morphed into more of C Webb type of game as the years went on. Due to the injuries, he's not quite the stud athlete (among the best ever at the PF) he once was. EVEN THOUGH he's still top shelf on an athletic level still.

Kblaze8855
03-27-2019, 07:56 PM
Blake is a lot better than people act like hes been....ive heard idiots act like he was a bust. But Amare?

I saw Amare take over too many games in the old school "Give him the ball and get out of the way" fashion to take Blake over him.

Ben Simmons 25
03-27-2019, 07:58 PM
Amar'e.

PeroAntic
03-27-2019, 08:11 PM
Defensively STAT was much better so I'm giving the nod to him
How so? Blake has had a better impact according to advanced stats. Amare was known for being not too interested in defense, Blake gives much more effort at that side.

Interestingly, Blake's career high is the same as Amare - 50 points.

tpols
03-27-2019, 08:27 PM
Amare peaked higher in the playoffs. Had a better game imo since he was quick strike with better midrange shooting. Blake has to over dribble and still bricks.

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 08:36 PM
Blake tbh, even if I don't like him. Amare also benefited from playing with Nash. You can say that Blake benefited playing with cp3, but we can see that Blake can do really well without him, and still it's not the same as playing with Nash.

This is the truth post here I concur

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=Norcaliblunt]Don

tontoz
03-27-2019, 08:51 PM
Amare was a beast but injuries really took a toll on him.

Blake is good but has never been the beast that peak Amare was. One year Amare averaged 25 ppg with a TS of 65%. Blake can't touch that.

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 09:09 PM
Amare was a beast but injuries really took a toll on him.

Blake is good but has never been the beast that peak Amare was. One year Amare averaged 25 ppg with a TS of 65%. Blake can't touch that.

Are you joking? Blake did 24-10-4 with TS of 58%

tontoz
03-27-2019, 09:28 PM
Are you joking? Blake did 24-10-4 with TS of 58%

No i am not joking. Amare's TS was 7.6% higher (led the league that year btw). That is a huge gap.

Blakes current TS of 58.1% ranks 30th among power forwards.

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pf/sort/trueShootingPct

Amare's career average TS of 59.7% >> than Blakes career year.

qrich
03-27-2019, 10:16 PM
I take Blake 100 times out of 100. His ability to expand his game, even after his athleticism started taking a toll was exceptional.

thefatmiral
03-27-2019, 11:25 PM
You Gotta Go Blake . Amare had some instances of being better then blake, but it's not enough.

highwhey
03-27-2019, 11:33 PM
umm, STAT left to NY and averaged 25ppg without Nash...

highwhey
03-27-2019, 11:37 PM
I take Blake 100 times out of 100. His ability to expand his game, even after his athleticism started taking a toll was exceptional.
Amar'e has better shooting percentages tho. his mid range jumper was money. not to mention he could actually block shots.

highwhey
03-27-2019, 11:43 PM
How so? Blake has had a better impact according to advanced stats. Amare was known for being not too interested in defense, Blake gives much more effort at that side.

Interestingly, Blake's career high is the same as Amare - 50 points.
yeah Amar'e wasnt a great defender, but he still managed to block shots. had a 2bpg season and averages 1.2bpg for his career.

meanwhile, blake averaged .5 blocks for his career.pretty pathetic for an athletic 6'10 forward.

highwhey
03-27-2019, 11:46 PM
Amare was giving Duncan the business in the playoffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWJxoHppJ6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCANvGC2RAA

This was probably his last true highlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEUjEIPpfY
an underrated part of his game was finishing through contact. i always felt like his body control was right behind lebron's. dude could drive into the paint and finish no matter how much contact he took.

highwhey
03-27-2019, 11:48 PM
Blake is a lot better than people act like hes been....ive heard idiots act like he was a bust. But Amare?

I saw Amare take over too many games in the old school "Give him the ball and get out of the way" fashion to take Blake over him.
this. and not just any games, he was a whole different beast in the playoffs. he'd go on scoring rampages against the elite defense of the spurs.

he could score on anyone.

SpaceJam2
03-28-2019, 02:50 AM
yeah Amar'e wasnt a great defender, but he still managed to block shots. had a 2bpg season and averages 1.2bpg for his career.

meanwhile, blake averaged .5 blocks for his career.pretty pathetic for an athletic 6'10 forward.

Okay, very true here didn't realize Blake was that bad on defense

tanibanana
03-28-2019, 03:30 AM
Blake by a decent margin. And if Blake continues to evolve or at least sustain his new approach of the game. Blake by a wide margin by the end of his career.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
03-28-2019, 05:38 AM
Blake is a terrible defender. He