PDA

View Full Version : Embiid has been playing the right way lately

superduper
03-29-2019, 11:01 PM
Hes been fighting to get deep position where he's unstoppable once he catches it, putting himself in positions where it's a free dunk or foul every single time. Hes been looking for teammates consistently in a way that he never has before. He's been adopting the right way to play instead of getting baited by his own greed to try to humiliate the guy in front of him with stupid bully ball. He's been hitting his 3s (duh he has an unbelievable shooting touch...not even just for his size...and for his size). His conditioning is better. Dude is physically unstoppable in the low post and he is understanding to go there over and over.

It's good to see him develop these things right before the 2019 playoffs. I was beginning to think maybe he wouldn't understand. Maybe he would be like Whiteside and just be a moronic rock. He is seeing the light and if he keeps walking towards it, the league is fked :rockon:

StrongLurk
03-29-2019, 11:02 PM
He's on a stacked AF team that's for sure. Needs to make the finals or it's a bust season for Embiid.

superduper
03-29-2019, 11:06 PM
He's on a stacked AF team that's for sure. Needs to make the finals or it's a bust season for Embiid.

The Bobi and Tobi additions are ****ing sick I won't lie. Boban is the best C backup in the league. Dude is gargantuanly gracefully unstoppable.

brooks_thompson
03-29-2019, 11:08 PM
This is good to hear. I haven't seen them lately, and a huge portion of the 6ers games I've seen over the past 2 years have been against Boston, so my take on him might be skewed, but to this point Embiid has frustrated me more than impressed me. Maybe some of it's on coach for insisting he take those top of key 3s, but a lot was on him for his turnovers, late-game lack of composure, and strange inability to get and hold post position against the best defenders. He's a guy I want to see reach max potential though.

superduper
03-29-2019, 11:09 PM
This is good to hear. I haven't seen them lately, and a huge portion of the 6ers games I've seen over the past 2 years have been against Boston, so my take on him might be skewed, but to this point Embiid has frustrated me more than impressed me. Maybe some of it's on coach for insisting he take those top of key 3s, but a lot was on him for his turnovers, late-game lack of composure, and strange inability to get and hold post position against the best defenders. He's a guy I want to see reach max potential though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VjiSNFHF1w