PDA

View Full Version : Do you like grapefruit?

Prometheus
03-31-2019, 11:26 AM
For the most part, it seems people don't care for it. Yet it has been my favorite fruit for as long as I can remember. The combination of sour, bitter, and sweet is very strong and delicious. What about you?

highwhey
03-31-2019, 12:26 PM
heck yeah, put a lil salt on it and you got a delicious snack

bballer
03-31-2019, 01:29 PM
no. it is gross IMO

highwhey
03-31-2019, 02:09 PM
OP you might like this drink: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/paloma

uses grapefruit as the main fruit component, but really, it takes what you described earlier, the bitterness, sweetness all into an alcoholic beverage.

or go to a mexican grocery store and buy this soda: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ce/9e/49/ce9e4974723262a59abbf1a31d1ce035.jpg

cut a lime wedge, squeeze the juice into the soda then slide the wedge into the bottle and enjoy the drink. tastes 10x better with a lime wedge.

coin24
03-31-2019, 02:10 PM
Do you like mango skins ?

kennethgriffen
03-31-2019, 02:57 PM
i drink this shit all the time

it doesn't taste fake like the other diet drinks

https://www.presidentschoice.ca/content/dam/lclonline/images/products/2860070.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

dunksby
03-31-2019, 03:07 PM
I love grapefruit, it has an ambivalent taste; at first it's a bit unpleasant but suddenly it goes away and a nice sour flavour with a subtle bitter aftertaste rushes in.

egokiller
03-31-2019, 04:34 PM
For the most part, it seems people don't care for it. Yet it has been my favorite fruit for as long as I can remember. The combination of sour, bitter, and sweet is very strong and delicious. What about you?

The best way to eat a grapefruit is to cut it in half and then cut out each smaller triangular section then scoop out with a spoon after adding a little sugar. Once done, squeeze the juice out and remove the seeds. Takes great and is less filling.

JEFFERSON MONEY
03-31-2019, 04:37 PM
It is so delicious and tasty that I feel guilty eating such an amazing food and do it sparingly. Especially when they are red and juicy.

The same I feel for pomegranates.

Pineapples
Honeydew
Cantaloupe
Grapefruit
Pomegranate
Tangerines
Mangos
Guava
Kiwi

all taste incredible to me.

Prometheus
03-31-2019, 10:13 PM
The best way to eat a grapefruit is to cut it in half and then cut out each smaller triangular section then scoop out with a spoon after adding a little sugar. Once done, squeeze the juice out and remove the seeds. Takes great and is less filling.

I love them so much that I devised a way to get nearly every bit of juicy flesh with none of the pith. I cut all the skin away, then slice it in half from top to bottom. The rest is all done by hand and is a bit tedious - but it's worth it to me because the pith is disgusting. I spend honestly close to ten minutes peeling each little wedge carefully away, until I finally have just a bowl full of grapefruit flesh. It's true love, for sure.

Thorpesaurous
03-31-2019, 10:31 PM
Love it. It was also my pre-game go to as a kid.

Prometheus
03-31-2019, 10:41 PM
It is so delicious and tasty that I feel guilty eating such an amazing food and do it sparingly. Especially when they are red and juicy.

The same I feel for pomegranates.

Pineapples
Honeydew
Cantaloupe
Grapefruit
Pomegranate
Tangerines
Mangos
Guava
Kiwi

all taste incredible to me.

Why would you feel guilty for enjoying a delicious fruit? Where is harm involved?

Loco 50
03-31-2019, 11:30 PM
I love them so much that I devised a way to get nearly every bit of juicy flesh with none of the pith. I cut all the skin away, then slice it in half from top to bottom. The rest is all done by hand and is a bit tedious - but it's worth it to me because the pith is disgusting. I spend honestly close to ten minutes peeling each little wedge carefully away, until I finally have just a bowl full of grapefruit flesh. It's true love, for sure.
Be free.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Grapefruit-Spoon-4pc/23530107

Cold grapefruit is godlike after a run in the heat.

RidonKs
04-01-2019, 01:11 AM
Why would you feel guilty for enjoying a delicious fruit? Where is harm involved?
Love comes first. Enjoyment later. Harm is always an impulse away.

DukeDelonte13
04-01-2019, 07:52 AM
i think they are nasty. Just too bitter.

Prometheus
04-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Love comes first. Enjoyment later. Harm is always an impulse away.

This is cute, but does not answer the question. How can enjoying a grapefruit be harmful?

JEFFERSON MONEY
04-01-2019, 03:22 PM

Guilty is not the right word.

Bittersweet --- meaning the pleasure is soon coming to an end.

DaHeezy
04-01-2019, 03:29 PM
This is the only fruit where the juice form >>> fruit form

Greyhounds. Kettle One vodka + Grapefruit juice and salted rim. GOAT hiball

Prometheus
04-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Guilty is not the right word.

Bittersweet --- meaning the pleasure is soon coming to an end.

Ah! I know that feeling... it's a curious phenomenon - the greatest songs, foods, etc. seem to impart a sadness via their temporality even while they are present. I get sad halfway through a cheesesteak just because I know it will be over soon. I start missing Canonball's solo on Freddie Freeloader before it even peaks.

I think this brings me to a point on which you and I probably agree (in contrast to our typical idological oppositions) - that it speaks to our encompassing need for a relationship with the eternal, almighty, and ultimate... no temporary pleasure is able to fulfull the deepest longings of man: for these there is only God.

Prometheus
04-01-2019, 04:07 PM
This is the only fruit where the juice form >>> fruit form

Greyhounds. Kettle One vodka + Grapefruit juice and salted rim. GOAT hiball

Simply Grapefruit. Good brand overall - their grapefruit juice is unreal. Soooooo good.

JEFFERSON MONEY
04-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Ah! I know that feeling... it's a curious phenomenon - the greatest songs, foods, etc. seem to impart a sadness via their temporality even while they are present. I get sad halfway through a cheesesteak just because I know it will be over soon. I start missing Canonball's solo on Freddie Freeloader before it even peaks.

I think this brings me to a point on which you and I probably agree (in contrast to our typical idological oppositions) - that it speaks to our encompassing need for a relationship with the eternal, almighty, and ultimate... no temporary pleasure is able to fulfull the deepest longings of man: for these there is only God.

How poetically you explain this Truth!

The spirit yearns for eternity !

Jasper
04-01-2019, 07:23 PM
my mum , long gone , used to cut it in half , then cut around the edges,,

When I hit the breakfast table , I just scooped out with small spoon ...
I was spoiled.

I buy it , but peel it and eat it , fav was white grapefruit , but found out that pink is easier to grow.

enayes
04-02-2019, 11:12 PM
I love grapefruit but find the process of eating them a tad tedious. Much like oranges in that regard.

I drink a fair amount of grapefruit juice though (only 100% juice, no cocktail combination BS)

It's also my go-to chaser when I do shots of gin, which I do almost everyday after work.

highwhey
04-02-2019, 11:23 PM
I love grapefruit but find the process of eating them a tad tedious. Much like oranges in that regard.

I drink a fair amount of grapefruit juice though (only 100% juice, no cocktail combination BS)

It's also my go-to chaser when I do shots of gin, which I do almost everyday after work.
how many shots?

Prometheus
04-02-2019, 11:54 PM
gin and tonic with cucumber. when it's hot outside, that is the way

highwhey
04-02-2019, 11:56 PM
gin and tonic with cucumber. when it's hot outside, that is the way
same combo but with lime...:applause:

Prometheus
04-03-2019, 12:25 AM
I respect the lime, so long as you have at least tried the cucumber.

RidonKs
04-03-2019, 12:31 AM
This is cute, but does not answer the question. How can enjoying a grapefruit be harmful?
I do like to be cute, but I also used 'love' badly there. Pardons.

Enjoyment hurts because it's an unworthy pursuit, barring the way to better fortune. Even the anticipatory pleasure of carving a grapefruit is a thin disguise. If enjoying the cut and squeeze of a grapefruit is your happenstantial frivol, something else has been forgotten. The grapefruit is a mask.

The blander cliche is everything in moderation.

enayes
04-03-2019, 11:29 PM
how many shots?

Usually 1 before I take my 2 dogs for a walk and another while I prepare dinner.

(my dogs have 24/7 access to a fenced in yard so they're not "waiting" to be walked upon my arrival, but of course they still get 2-3 walks per day)