PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys REALLY think the Rockets win last years series with a healthy CP3?

lilteapot
04-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Not sure how anyone can easily say that. We forgetting they came back down 3-1 against the Thunder? The Warriors are such a mentally tough team and they probably play best with their backs against the wall. I still think the Warriors win that series.

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2019, 07:23 PM
They built up massive leads in both games without him. You really think it's this preposterous to believe they win a Game 7 at home when they had a double digit lead at halftime without him even playing?

Obviously, no one will know for sure, but to act like him being there couldn't have easily changed the outcome of that series is absurd

lilteapot
04-01-2019, 07:37 PM
They built up massive leads in both games without him. You really think it's this preposterous to believe they win a Game 7 at home when they had a double digit lead at halftime without him even playing?

Obviously, no one will know for sure, but to act like him being there couldn't have easily changed the outcome of that series is absurd
And yet the only game they won by double digits was game 2. the other two wins they had was a nail biter. WITH CP3.

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2019, 07:41 PM
And yet the only game they won by double digits was game 2. the other two wins they had was a nail biter. WITH CP3.
The fck :biggums: You expect them to beat the Warriors multiple times by double digits? That's a weak argument bro. I'm not guaranteeing they win if CP3 plays, but to act like they couldn't? That's where we disagree. They absolutely could've won Game 7 if CP3 is healthy

stalkerforlife
04-01-2019, 07:42 PM
They obviously win game 7 with Paul.

When things get tough, Durant resorts to ISO ball and the Warriors are beatable.

They have bad chemistry because of Dray and Durant.

Young X
04-01-2019, 07:44 PM
I won't say easily, but they clearly had the advantage with him out there. I would say there's a 60-70% chance they win 1 of those games.

When Chris played last year, the Rockets were 50-8. 70 win pace. They were legitimately better than the Warriors performance-wise with him playing.

People talk about the 0-27 shooting in game 7, but Chris was directly related to that. He was literally their best 3 point shooter. He went 9-18 from 3 in games 4 and 5.

And then if the threes still aren't falling then he would've given them a midrange option that they didn't have. Along with added playmaking and defense.

soots
04-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Its easy to say that CP3 would have added enough.

But it was some god tier choking going on.

It just wasnt the Rockets day

SpaceJam2
04-01-2019, 07:46 PM
The fck :biggums: You expect them to beat the Warriors multiple times by double digits? That's a weak argument bro. I'm not guaranteeing they win if CP3 plays, but to act like they couldn't? That's where we disagree. They absolutely could've won Game 7 if CP3 is healthy

Bingo

Next

MrFonzworth
04-01-2019, 07:46 PM
CP3, the biggest bitch in the NBA, was making Stephanie his bitch.

kennethgriffen
04-01-2019, 07:47 PM
forget paul.. all they needed was for ariza to hit one god damn shot

And1AllDay
04-01-2019, 07:54 PM
CP3, the biggest bitch in the NBA, was making Stephanie his bitch.

Tells ya somethin bout Stephanie

Vragrant
04-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Paul plays at another level against GS. His hatred of Curry/GS fuels him to where he hits shots he has no business making, even for a player of his caliber

FireDavidKahn
04-01-2019, 09:41 PM
Last year the Rockets were 50-5 when Paul, Harden and Capela all played.

AlternativeAcc.
04-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Nah, but it's fun to pretend

I'm convinced the Warriors made that a 7 game series on purpose to add legitimacy to their title

The clean sweep of the playoffs the prior year wasn't fulfilling

tontoz
04-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Injuries are part of the game. Obviously they would have had a better chance with Paul but there is no such thing as an asterisk ring....

hey i'm a poet and didnt even know it.

Smoke117
04-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Would the Rockets have won if they had a top 10 player in the league who was the best player on their team in the series for the last two games? Yeah, they would have.

E_Stamkos
04-01-2019, 09:54 PM

I agree.

Especially if they went up big in the first half like they did (I can't see any reason why they wouldn't with Chris). He's a calming presence on the floor... It's possible he's the calming presence they needed to avoid the implosion that transpired.

Who knows.