PDA

View Full Version : Bron's first 87 mill before he played a NBA game

Jasper
04-02-2019, 10:10 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26333024/when-lebron-learned-power-saying-no

hard to believe but that is how coveted this guy was before he even played in the NBA.....
He is now positioning himself to buy a team.

FireDavidKahn
04-02-2019, 10:42 AM
One of the great businessmen the game has ever seen. Will be interesting to see how much his wealth will grow once he is retired.

FKAri
04-02-2019, 11:02 AM
I didn't know Kobe bought out of his Adidas contract. I thought they dropped him themselves after the rape allegations. So why did Kobe buy out?

Imagine what those pitches to Lebron would've been like. Some Don Draper shit. That's a lot riding on those salespeople. A deal of a lifetime within their grasp.

SpaceJam2
04-02-2019, 11:22 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/9M44VSKZ/236236.gif

FireDavidKahn
04-02-2019, 11:25 AM
I didn't know Kobe bought out of his Adidas contract. I thought they dropped him themselves after the rape allegations. So why did Kobe buy out?

Imagine what those pitches to Lebron would've been like. Some Don Draper shit. That's a lot riding on those salespeople. A deal of a lifetime within their grasp.
For once Kobe pulled out voluntarily.

SpaceJam2
04-02-2019, 11:30 AM
For once Kobe pulled out voluntarily.

:eek:

Jasper
04-02-2019, 06:33 PM

They did drop him , but he was forced to buy out if that makes sense ...

When he was in the public eye , he lost millions as well as the buy out for his rape victim

SamuraiSWISH
04-02-2019, 06:51 PM
They did drop him , but he was forced to buy out if that makes sense ...

When he was in the public eye , he lost millions as well as the buy out for his rape victim
Not accurate at all ...

Kobe wasn

Sportal
04-02-2019, 08:48 PM
I was just reading an article about the shoe bidding war coming for Zion... Gonna be an interesting one. They think the kid is so super marketable, they don't even care if he was the #1 pick.

kennethgriffen
04-02-2019, 09:00 PM
One of the great businessmen the game has ever seen. Will be interesting to see how much his wealth will grow once he is retired.

lebrons actually kind of stupid when it comes to his business decisions

like having a fake frontman for his sports agency managing other players in the league and leveraging franchises to get them paid more so he himself can get a cut

its only a matter of time before he gets exposed after the fbi investigated rich pauls accounts and where the moneys going

SpaceJam2
04-02-2019, 09:27 PM
lebrons actually kind of stupid when it comes to his business decisions

like having a fake frontman for his sports agency managing other players in the league and leveraging franchises to get them paid more so he himself can get a cut

its only a matter of time before he gets exposed after the fbi investigated rich pauls accounts and where the moneys going

R u ok

nashwade
04-02-2019, 10:03 PM
wow...going by how Lebron shoes are selling, I doubt it was worthwhile for Reebok anyway

good choice with Nike

FKAri
04-02-2019, 10:14 PM
wow...going by how Lebron shoes are selling, I doubt it was worthwhile for Reebok anyway

good choice with Nike
Lebron sold $340 million worth of shoes for Nike in 2018 alone. Unbelievable.

jlip
04-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Young NBA players who hope to possess and maintain long term wealth need to find out who Junior Bridgeman is and ask him to mentor them.

SamuraiSWISH
04-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Really interesting article.

It also in my opinion highlights LeBron’s total lack of loyalty that we’ve witnessed through out his career. As well as his general two face-ness.

How he did Reebok, a company who wrote a $100 million check plus a $10 million signing bonus, and put it on the table in front of him to be cashed right then before anybody else and he shunned their confidence in hard money that exceeded what both Adidas / Nike were willing to offer is noteworthy.

Juxtaposition that with Nike in 1984 and they were the smaller not elite brand and they signed Michael Jordan, they gave him a way better offer than Adidas did, which was the company Michael wanted to sign with much like Bron wanted to sign with Nike. But instead Michael stayed loyal to the company that wanted to invest the most in him.

FKAri
04-04-2019, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Really interesting article.

It also in my opinion highlights LeBron

SamuraiSWISH
04-04-2019, 01:33 PM
OK so let me get this straight:
1. Lebron is not loyal because he chose the company he preferred rather than the company that offered him the most money.

2. MJ is loyal because he chose the company that offered him the most money rather than the company he preferred.

What does this have to do with loyalty? Are you out of your damn mind? :oldlol:
No ... what I said makes perfect sense. The players that signed with the company willing to invest the most in them. Showing that company the loyalty for their vote of confidence in hard dollars. LeBron wore mostly Adidas all through out HS :oldlol: so he dipped on them too.

You just white knight for this clown, LeHalitosis, all the time. So of course you wouldn

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-04-2019, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]You just white knight for this clown, LeHalitosis, all the time. So of course you wouldn

scuzzy
04-04-2019, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]No ... what I said makes perfect sense. The players that signed with the company willing to invest the most in them. Showing that company the loyalty for their vote of confidence in hard dollars. LeBron wore mostly Adidas all through out HS :oldlol: so he dipped on them too.

You just white knight for this clown, LeHalitosis, all the time. So of course you wouldn

FKAri
04-04-2019, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]No ... what I said makes perfect sense. The players that signed with the company willing to invest the most in them. Showing that company the loyalty for their vote of confidence in hard dollars. LeBron wore mostly Adidas all through out HS :oldlol: so he dipped on them too.

SamuraiSWISH
04-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Yikes, St Vincent St Mary highschool was entirely sponsored by adidas, prior to LBJ

You’d think a try hard AAU coach would know how sponsies work :lol
Yes, and if you watch the documentary with Sonny Vaccaro, they had a very tightknit relationship and he was the first one pursuing LeBron for an extended period of time. Well before Nike.

And it wasn’t a matter of sponsorship. LeBron also wore white and green Nikes in high school. Every once in a while. He’s an amateur, so he could wear what he wants. And Nike provided him specialize colorways.

But at the time the hottest superstars in the game when LeBron and I were Junior / Seniors were Kobe and McGrady. LeBron wore their shoes almost exclusively in his St Patrick HS colorways.

Sunny was on the forefront, of investing early in high school prospects.

He’s the one who discovered Jordan and strongly encouraged Nike to throw all their dollars at him.

But he is also the first one to pounce on future superstars Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady and then eventually the one he claimed was the best amateur prospect he ever saw, one LeBron James.

So yes in many ways LeBron disrespected Reebok (largest willing investor) and close personal ties (Sonny / Adidas)

Smoke117
04-04-2019, 02:47 PM
OK so let me get this straight:
1. Lebron is not loyal because he chose the company he preferred rather than the company that offered him the most money.

2. MJ is loyal because he chose the company that offered him the most money rather than the company he preferred.

What does this have to do with loyalty? Are you out of your damn mind? :oldlol:

He's an jordan obsessed lebron hating loser, what do you expect? The takes some of these cats have over silly basketball players is hilarious isn't it?

scuzzy
04-04-2019, 02:52 PM
You invest with the most optimal company, in any area business

Doesn’t make a difference what’s on the check if the company is a depreciating asset

Lebron made a wise choice going with Nike, endorsed lifetime for a billion. $30+ mill annually until RIP

scuzzy
04-04-2019, 02:57 PM
Besides, everyone in the late 90s/early 00s remember how ugly Reebok/Addidas gear was

Nike had it on lock, always have

Shit even their golf equipment is legit, props to Tiger

Gus Hemmingway
04-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Lebron backstab his relationship with Tom Izzo because he jumped straight to the NBA instead of Michigan State

- Coach Sam

LAmbruh
04-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Shout out to World Wide Wes

Everywhere we go we leave a worldwide mess

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xT8qBmLfZXBDPBP29O/giphy.gif