PDA

View Full Version : Article on Keith Smart, Jimmer's first NBA coach, being racist...

stalkerforlife
04-02-2019, 01:41 PM
https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/3/25/2901060/jimmer-fredette-kings-keith-smart-steve-alford

"I have no idea why he chooses not to play Jimmer but it may have something to do with Steve Alford. Twenty-five years ago, Smart had to subordinate his own high-flying college career to Alford, a good-looking, articulate, popular white kid (can I say that?) who could really shoot. Smart may have hit the NCAA tournament winning shot but Alford was the reason that Indiana was even in the game and he was a media darling who then had a mediocre pro career. I don't think Smart can let go of Steve Alford and Jimmer will sit on the bench until either he is traded or Smart is fired--that simple."

Kblaze8855
04-02-2019, 01:57 PM
His minutes went down when Keith Smart was replaced by Mike Malone. Keith Smart is the only coach to ever give Jimmer more than 10 minutes a game. He had games over 30 minutes of PT under Smart.

stalkerforlife
04-02-2019, 02:19 PM
His minutes went down when Keith Smart was replaced by Mike Malone. Keith Smart is the only coach to ever give Jimmer more than 10 minutes a game. He had games over 30 minutes of PT under Smart.

You clearly didn't watch Jimmer under Smart.

Smart manipulated it to make Jimmer look bad.

Great game? Next game DNP-CD. Maybe a few minutes and a yank after a missed shot. One mistake and he's out.

The players in the game then black balled him on the court per Smart.

tontoz
04-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Anyone want to guess how long it take for OP to get banned again?

At this rate I will guess 2 days.

Kblaze8855
04-02-2019, 02:26 PM
....and yet....he didn

SpaceJam2
04-02-2019, 02:30 PM
How is this trolling any better than the MJ stans/LeBron haters?

I'll say what I said again last night:

Jimmer is an unatheletic 6'1 combo guard that cannot pass or play defense.

Response?

stalkerforlife
04-02-2019, 03:10 PM
....and yet....he didn’t play meaningful minutes for his other coaches.

Funny how that works. The guy out to get you gives you the only oppourtunity of your career.

And yet...you keep spewing lies.

He never got a real opportunity under Smart and then everyone else went with the narrative Smart created.

You just look at a box score and form your opinions.

And of course you don't admit that blacks are more racist than whites because you're black.

stalkerforlife
04-02-2019, 03:11 PM

Response?

Everything you say is irrelevant, Simon.

You're nothing but a troll.

At least kblaze can sometimes be real.

And1AllDay
04-02-2019, 03:15 PM

Response?

OP you gonna respond bruh? :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
04-02-2019, 03:22 PM
So Igor Kokoskov sets his rotation by the

Uncle Drew
04-02-2019, 03:23 PM
You clearly didn't watch Jimmer under Smart.

Smart manipulated it to make Jimmer look bad.

Great game? Next game DNP-CD. Maybe a few minutes and a yank after a missed shot. One mistake and he's out.

The players in the game then black balled him on the court per Smart.
Any examples of these great games?

stalkerforlife
04-02-2019, 03:27 PM
Any examples of these great games?

https://youtu.be/lTc22SZs2Yw

Why do you switch accounts so frequently?

Just ask this on the other accounts in this thread.

stalkerforlife
04-02-2019, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]So Igor Kokoskov sets his rotation by the

smoovegittar
04-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Jimmer blows. Blackies are coming for you, OP - better hide under the bed.

sdot_thadon
04-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Stalker, bro.....outrageous claims require outrageous proof. You need more than what you're bringing to the table to convince anyone beyond sounding like a crazy conspiracy kook focused on racism. Videos of these games exist, play-by play game logs. Do a real presentation of your case and maybe it'd make more sense. Otherwise you seem to be trying to hard to make a race related thread.

SouBeachTalents
04-02-2019, 05:54 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3daqQGpBlYZV7Udvna/giphy.gif

90sgoat
04-02-2019, 05:59 PM
I'd like to contribute but the powers of this forum has told me they prefer Simon over my insights.

brooks_thompson
04-02-2019, 11:46 PM
The real reason is that Fredette is an asshole. Everybody knows that by now, I can't believe people still harp on him yet were able to just let Adam Morrison go.

LoneyROY7
04-03-2019, 12:04 AM
They gave Jimmer a second chance, and he's blowing it. To no one's surprise.

Sorry Justin. He sucks b/c he sucks, not because he's white.

SpaceJam2
04-03-2019, 12:30 AM
Stalker, bro.....outrageous claims require outrageous proof. You need more than what you're bringing to the table to convince anyone beyond sounding like a crazy conspiracy kook focused on racism. Videos of these games exist, play-by play game logs. Do a real presentation of your case and maybe it'd make more sense. Otherwise you seem to be trying to hard to make a race related thread.

This

Miles and Miles
04-03-2019, 05:06 PM
So many conspiracy theories in here I can't keep it all straight. Now someone explain to me why Jimmer can't get off the bench for the Suns this year? Is that racism too?

Euroleague
04-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Jimmer is very skilled on offense, but he's a huge ball hog / chucker and he can't play in a system where everything doesn't revolve around him.

He chose the league in China (the all-time greatest ball hog league) over playing in Europe (the most team oriented basketball)....

With that being said, the NBA is full of worse players than Jimmer, so he should have a place in the NBA.

stalkerforlife
04-03-2019, 05:28 PM
So many conspiracy theories in here I can't keep it all straight. Now someone explain to me why Jimmer can't get off the bench for the Suns this year? Is that racism too?

Racism.

Jimmer quickly scored 6 points in 5 minutes and was yanked with a +9 in the first half and never saw the floor again.

They knew he had a rhythm and would further expose the racism if they put him back in.

PeroAntic
04-03-2019, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]So Igor Kokoskov sets his rotation by the

tontoz
04-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Teams love guys who can make 3s and would happily add shooters if they are not complete liabilities in other areas.

There are also teams (Dallas, San Antonio, Utah, Boston) which historically have more than the usual number of white guys.

Steve Kerr lasted 15 years in the NBA by making 3s and doing little else.

stalkerforlife
04-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Teams love guys who can make 3s and would happily add shooters if they are not complete liabilities in other areas.

There are also teams (Dallas, San Antonio, Utah, Boston) which historically have more than the usual number of white guys.

Steve Kerr lasted 15 years in the NBA by making 3s and doing little else.

Pigeonholing white players to being spot up shooters is racist.

Jimmer is not a catch and shoot player and never has been.

He's great creating his own shots and is much more comfortable shooting off the dribble.

They'll let a white PG slip through the cracks once in a while, but not often.

tontoz
04-03-2019, 08:51 PM

He's great creating his own shots and is much more comfortable shooting off the dribble.

I never said he was a "catch and shoot player"....

https://oi56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/RIF-Logo-black_large.gif (https://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/RIF-Logo-black_large.gif.html)

SpaceJam2
04-03-2019, 08:51 PM

I wonder why only once in awhile :lol

stalkerforlife
04-03-2019, 08:55 PM
I never said he was a "catch and shoot player"....

https://oi56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/RIF-Logo-black_large.gif (https://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/RIF-Logo-black_large.gif.html)

Here's what you actually said...

"Teams are okay with whites as long as they stand in a corner and make threes and are okay with rap music in the locker room."

Just stop.

stalkerforlife
04-03-2019, 08:58 PM
I wonder why only once in awhile :lol

Sometimes a player is so good that you can't deny him.

Like Luka, even though his own teammates tried denying him and were shipped out.

Jimmer has to find a rhythm and can look bad if you manipulate his game and don't give him a real opportunity.

Jimmer is not Luka or Nash, but he is a starting PG.

tontoz
04-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Here's what you actually said...

"Teams are okay with whites as long as they stand in a corner and make threes and are okay with rap music in the locker room."

Just stop.

You have really lost your mind..... or never had one in the first place.

Smoke117
04-03-2019, 10:34 PM
If the league is so racist why were Love and Hayward all stars? Why have guys like Reddick and Korver had solid careers? Jimmer is just a scrub, period. It has nothing to do with race.

SpaceJam2
04-04-2019, 03:03 AM
If the league is so racist why were Love and Hayward all stars? Why have guys like Reddick and Korver had solid careers? Jimmer is just a scrub, period. It has nothing to do with race.

Yep, 100%