PDA

View Full Version : LaMelo Ball ducking NBA G-leauge for China/Aussie tryout

scuzzy
04-04-2019, 08:59 PM
:kobe:

Baby girl is eligible for a NBAGL under their new select contracts, where actual hungry semi-pro competition exists. Instead, he's deferring both college and g-league to play against the bottom of the barrel CBA/NBL

Wasn't the whole gimmick of skipping NCAA was to expedite his NBA chances after the Lithuania stint? :hammerhead:

G-league avg salary: $75-$300k

Aussie ball highest paid: $550k

China ball highest paid: $1.4m

Safe to say he's avoiding the best opportunity to make the NBA and acquire that professionalism the NBAGL provides

https://i.postimg.cc/Kj0xR3SZ/dfhdhsdfh.jpg

SamuraiSWISH
04-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Basketball

SpaceJam2
04-04-2019, 09:34 PM
You'd duck the NBA too if you looked like this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/LaMelo_Ball_Vytautas.jpg/220px-LaMelo_Ball_Vytautas.jpg

:lol

HylianNightmare
04-04-2019, 09:36 PM
His brother should play in the G

SpaceJam2
04-04-2019, 09:55 PM
His brother should play in the G

Which one :lol :lol

E_Stamkos
04-04-2019, 10:30 PM
:

Lolollolol

Real Men Wear Green
04-04-2019, 11:06 PM
You are assuming the G League wants him. I'm not saying that they don't but that hasn't been established as a fact as far as I know.

Really never should have been pulled out of high school but if he can get a hundred thousand for a season that's not a bad payday. Go for it.

Jameerthefear
04-04-2019, 11:10 PM
You are assuming the G League wants him. I'm not saying that they don't but that hasn't been established as a fact as far as I know.

Really never should have been pulled out of high school but if he can get a hundred thousand for a season that's not a bad payday. Go for it.
g-league would prob want him for publicity alone

Real Men Wear Green
04-04-2019, 11:23 PM
g-league would prob want him for publicity aloneMaybe but how much buzz would his presence generate? No one cares about his dad's antics anymore aside from not wanting him around and Bettter Baller Brand is just an embarrassment. The G League may make a little money but what it really exists for is serious players that are trying to make the NBA and for teams to develop raw talents that wouldn't get minutes on their regular roster. He's not going to make anyone a ton of money in the G League so he will have to make it there on merit.

And I'm not saying he can't, I've never watched him play. But if he can get hundreds of thousands playing a year or a few years in China that's really a good option. Most regular jobs don't pay like that.

coin24
04-05-2019, 12:21 AM
Lavar ruined his kids lives trying to live through them..
Fu*king idiot.

Should have left lamelo in high school and liangelo in college.
Now they're both basketball leppers..:facepalm

Smoke117
04-05-2019, 01:25 AM
Lavar ruined his kids lives trying to live through them..
Fu*king idiot.

Should have left lamelo in high school and liangelo in college.
Now they're both basketball leppers..:facepalm

The only reason you even know who LiAngelo is is because of Lavar. He would garner no attention whatsoever on his own without the Ball name as he's not close to any kind of NBA talent. He was only at UCLA in the first place because it was part of the deal to get Lonzo and was going to be an 11th man off the bench. He's an atrocious athlete who doesn't have close to the talent to make up for that fact. The scrub wasn't even highly regarded coming out hs. He was a 3 star recruit and ranked in the 40s for shooting guards.

brutalBBQ
04-05-2019, 01:58 AM
:kobe:

G-league avg salary: $75-$300k

Aussie ball highest paid: $550k

China ball highest paid: $1.4m

What's your source on these salaries? Kindly provide links, thanks.

kennethgriffen
04-05-2019, 02:57 AM
if lamelo went to the g league it would be a bunch of patrick beverlys after him every night

going to china where the other players are in awe of anyone that can dunk is a better decision

SpaceJam2
04-05-2019, 03:32 AM
if lamelo went to the g league it would be a bunch of patrick beverlys after him every night

going to china where the other players are in awe of anyone that can dunk is a better decision

True, so then is it purely a money move and by going to China he is "admitting" that he likely cannot make the NBA?

RoseCity07
04-05-2019, 03:56 AM
LaMelo is not good at all. He'll get destroyed in any professional league. He isn't good enough to even play in summer league.

Real14
04-05-2019, 04:03 AM
LaMelo is not good at all. He'll get destroyed in any professional league. He isn't good enough to even play in summer league.
Lamelo would be a good 6th man right now at least but I believe he will get better too probably even taller.